• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GirlGAF |OT 2| Shall I Compare Thee to a Summer's Eve?

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
Nooooooo :(
I have a cat too, an outdoors playful female kind of like yours, selective in her affection (she can be mean to others, but super sweet to me and my bf when she just wants to cuddle) and that post reads like my worst nightmare.

So sorry Kathryn :( These past days have been harsh on GirlGAF pets, dammit.

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl
I'm really sorry this happened Kitty. I would have loved to have met her next year since she seemed like such a lovely sweet cat from all the little things you'd tell me she was doing when we'd talk. I know how much you cherished her companionship and I'll be here by your side to help you through this because I love you a bunch sweetie. <3

Dice//

Banned
I found out that my cat passed away.

Last night we let her out like we do every night. Usually she would spend a little time out and come back. She was gone for a while though, and so I went looking for her. She never turned up so I figured she ran off somewhere, and hoped she would just show up the next morning or something. My mom decided to look for her this morning and found her across the street. She was hit by a car, and died instantly.

Her name was Jinx. She was 12 years old. We rescued her from an abusive household. She was a young cat at heart who was full of life. She loved to play and explore. She was very selective about who she gave attention to, but when she did she was the sweetest cat in the world. I feel like I lost a daughter. She followed me around everywhere, and we had such a close bond. I taught her little things like how to wink, and she learned to recognize certain words and what they meant. She was very smart and had a strong personality.

This is all a huge shock. I've lost pets before, but Jinx was different. I take solace in the fact that she was rescued and able to have a long, happy life. I love her very deeply.

Here are some of my favorite pictures of her:

Sorry for dropping this on the thread. I felt the need to talk about this, and GirlGAF seemed like a good place to do it. I just can't believe she's gone.

She's beautiful. I'm sorry you lost a friend, but I'm sure she was happy with you and your family and was happy to call it her home.

Yrael

What a gorgeous cat. I'm so sorry for your loss - that's incredibly hard. :(

(My oldest cat passed away early this year. I still miss him.)

I found out that my cat passed away.

Last night we let her out like we do every night. Usually she would spend a little time out and come back. She was gone for a while though, and so I went looking for her. She never turned up so I figured she ran off somewhere, and hoped she would just show up the next morning or something. My mom decided to look for her this morning and found her across the street. She was hit by a car, and died instantly.

Her name was Jinx. She was 12 years old. We rescued her from an abusive household. She was a young cat at heart who was full of life. She loved to play and explore. She was very selective about who she gave attention to, but when she did she was the sweetest cat in the world. I feel like I lost a daughter. She followed me around everywhere, and we had such a close bond. I taught her little things like how to wink, and she learned to recognize certain words and what they meant. She was very smart and had a strong personality.

This is all a huge shock. I've lost pets before, but Jinx was different. I take solace in the fact that she was rescued and able to have a long, happy life. I love her very deeply.

Here are some of my favorite pictures of her:

Sorry for dropping this on the thread. I felt the need to talk about this, and GirlGAF seemed like a good place to do it. I just can't believe she's gone.

RIP Jinx.

I am so sorry; what an awful shock it must have been. I cannot begin to imagine the shock and sadness you must have felt to discover Jinx.

I don't like cars and this makes me detest them that little bit more.

Samara

For anyone who ever wanted to wear red lipstick, L'oreal got you covered.
LOreal-Paris-Collection-Exclusive-Pure-Reds-campaign.jpg

loreal-paris-collection-privee-reds-colour-tips.jpg

They're not all wearing the same shade, but a shade of red according to their skin color. Picked up Blake/Laetitia/J.Lo's and wow. Must buy ladies.

Blech! Lipstick. Tried that stuff a few times in the past for job interviews and shit and I despise how it feels on my mouth, no matter how well it's applied. I just stick with lip balm now. May not look flashy, but it's more practical it doesn't feel as icky to me. Trying to remember the last time I applied make-up as well. Christ it's been a long time. I think the only real "feminine maintenance" I perform ritually these days is arm and leg shaving in the summer, just because smooth skin feels awesome. Been doing that less and less in the winter though. Don't wear shorts or tanktops in the winter so I never see the need.

Zoe

For anyone who ever wanted to wear red lipstick, L'oreal got you covered.
LOreal-Paris-Collection-Exclusive-Pure-Reds-campaign.jpg

loreal-paris-collection-privee-reds-colour-tips.jpg

They're not all wearing the same shade, but a shade of red according to their skin color. Picked up Blake/Laetitia/J.Lo's and wow. Must buy ladies.

:lol They used the same text for blonde and black.

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
Blech! Lipstick. Tried that stuff a few times in the past for job interviews and shit and I despise howit feels on my mouth, no matter how well it's applied. I just stick with lip balm now. May not look flashy, but it's more practical it doesn't feel as icky to me. Trying to remember the last time I applied make-up as well. Christ it's been a long time. I think the only real "feminine maintenance" I perform ritually these days is arm and leg shaving in the summer, just because smooth skin feels awesome. Been doing that less and less in the winter though. Don't wear shorts or tanktops in the winter so I never see the need.
<3
Never wore make-up in my entire life. Lip balm when my lips get dry and cracked on occasion, but that's it. I do shave my legs and armpits, though, but I'm lazy about it. I have a feeling my boyfriend might not appreciate me being too lazy... xD Still, sometimes when I have a few days growth and apologize for it, he just shrugs unconcernedly, so I'm lucky here. Probably because he's also lazy about trimming his beard sometimes so he can't talk. :D

Anastasia

Thank you for the support everyone. <3 We adopted two kittens a couple days ago, and they have been keeping me busy and helping me take my mind off things. They're both about 12 weeks old, and are the cutest little kitties. One is all white and the other is a Maine Coone. They were scheduled to be euthanized, so we saved them. I don't have any pictures yet but will share when I do.

<3
Never wore make-up in my entire life. Lip balm when my lips get dry and cracked on occasion, but that's it. I do shave my legs and armpits, though, but I'm lazy about it. I have a feeling my boyfriend might not appreciate me being too lazy... xD Still, sometimes when I have a few days growth and apologize for it, he just shrugs unconcernedly, so I'm lucky here. Probably because he's also lazy about trimming his beard sometimes so he can't talk. :D

This is so me <3

Cept for the bf bits :D

Kathryn! YAY! Glad to hear you've saved two precious lives :> That's so awesome !! Picz when you have them would be awwwww'd at <3333

Probably because he's also lazy about trimming his beard sometimes so he can't talk. :D

Encourage that laziness. The recent trend of thicker beards and less of this cultivated trimmed crap needs to continue! It's by far my biggest turn-on when it comes window shopping for a fella, just natural and more intimidating looking. I've been like a child in a sweet shop lately especially with more men keeping their facial hair after Movember.

Mistel

Banned
Personally I don't really like red lipstick don't think it really suits me. I prefer darker colors like crimson or black.

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
Encourage that laziness. The recent trend of thicker beards and less of this cultivated trimmed crap needs to continue! It's by far my biggest turn-on when it comes window shopping for a fella, just natural and more intimidating looking. I've been like a child in a sweet shop lately especially with more men keeping their facial hair after Movember.
Oh I disagree, I prefer neatly trimmed over the ugly-ass hipster beards myself.

Like these:
g9eBDWV.jpg
r620-0f61b9381a4c158bf771a18e2f1973fd.jpg

Instead of this ugliness lol xD

Oh I disagree, I prefer neatly trimmed over the ugly-ass hipster beards myself.

Like these:
g9eBDWV.jpg
r620-0f61b9381a4c158bf771a18e2f1973fd.jpg

At least those two have long hair to offset the shorter beards. Those fucking hipsters and their short-ass haircuts do nothing for me. Plus what the fuck are those two in the link wearing? Those are some heinous suit/vest combinations.

EDIT: Oh and in other news, look who came in the post all the way from germany!

QGg4fK1.png

Fucking adorable.

Samara

Personally I don't really like red lipstick don't think it really suits me. I prefer darker colors like crimson or black.

Whoa! Those are really bold colors. You must like those Lime Crime Black/Wicked Velvetines colors then

I have to get really deep wine reds or else it looks pink on me, which looks horrible on me. Ugh. Maybe I should stick to earth tones? Olive skin and all. I have no idea, I suck at makeup.
Fiction please..
tumblr_nbwv8pHGHH1tu3y3no1_400.gif

You mut have deeply pigmented lips then. Some good opaque lipstick is what you need. Just go to Sephora/MAC and ask them to try some lipstick ( Flat out Fabulous/Ruby Woo/ Heaux/Rebel/Russian Red)

great swatch website http://www.temptalia.com/swatch-gallery

I wear mascara and eyeliner and that's about it. I use brown shades in both and they make my eyes stand out like crazy (they're really blue).

If I have some zits or whatever I'll throw on a little bit of concealer but I don't need to every day. I don't cake make-up on, it takes about five minutes.

P.S. I'm thinking of getting a color treatment on my hair. I'd probably go like...one shade of blond lighter. Right now it's a dirty blond and kind of in between.

Whoa! Those are really bold colors. You must like those Lime Crime Black/Wicked Velvetines colors then

Fiction please..
tumblr_nbwv8pHGHH1tu3y3no1_400.gif

You mut have deeply pigmented lips then. Some good opaque lipstick is what you need. Just go to Sephora/MAC and ask them to try some lipstick ( Flat out Fabulous/Ruby Woo/ Heaux/Rebel/Russian Red)

great swatch website http://www.temptalia.com/swatch-gallery

The irony is this shlop (is that even a word - well it is now) is what gets put onto these animals for vanity.

Sevarus

AHHHHHH SQUEEEEE

I wear makeup everyday. Eyeshadow, eyeliner, falsies, bb cream, lip balm, sometimes tinted lip balm, and sometimes bronzer (just got into that a couple weeks ago). Have since I was ... 14 or so.

*high five* I love makeup. I don't wear it as much as I'd like, just because lately an extra 30 minutes of studying is better than putting my face on LOL--but I still get a big confidence boost every time I wear it, and I like the creativity you can have with it.

It definitely wasn't something I used as a teenager, though... my dad always told me that women who spend time on their appearance are dumb and shallow :( (but he would always drool over women who obviously spend a lot of time on their appearance...?) That really screwed me up. Ended up causing a lot of stress in my last relationship. I thought that physical attraction wasn't "supposed" to be important, and that I was a bad person for wanting a girlfriend who looked a certain way.

Then I decided that I can be a smart girl who ALSO likes makeup and fashion... and now I'm dating a smart girl who likes makeup and fashion too :)

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
It definitely wasn't something I used as a teenager, though... my dad always told me that women who spend time on their appearance are dumb and shallow :( (but he would always drool over women who obviously spend a lot of time on their appearance...?) That really screwed me up.
Gah, I hate this hypocrisy. Particularly since it's so widespread. Sometimes they don't even realize the women they're drooling over are wearing make-up. See this:
kbCWJGZ.jpg

Zoe

I hate it when people who wear make-up regularly complain about getting the "are you sick?" comments when they go without. They look different--of course people are going to wonder.

I never wear make-up. I never get asked if I'm sick due to my complexion or bags under my eyes.

I hate it when people who wear make-up regularly complain about getting the "are you sick?" comments when they go without. They look different--of course people are going to wonder.

I never wear make-up. I never get asked if I'm sick due to my complexion or bags under my eyes.

My experience is that people just assume I'm wearing make-up even when I never.

But when I am unwell or lacking of sleep, they would ask me if I was feeling a bit under the weather. So, basically their reaction really matches how I'm feeling except that I usually tell them that I never wear make-up....... which some of them do not believe (mostly girls)

:x

It's purple hair time baby! Ended up being a guinea pig for my cousin who was doing a beauty, and hairdressing course. Today was dye jobs and make-up. The latter being much to my distain D: At least it was only mascara.

jm2y3Of.jpg

Pau

It's purple hair time baby! Ended up being a guinea pig for my cousin who was doing a beauty, and hairdressing course. Today was dye jobs and make-up. The latter being much to my distain D: At least it was only mascara.

jm2y3Of.jpg
Very cool! :O Did you have to bleach your hair to get it that color? How long is it supposed to last?

I like the idea of make-up, but whenever I wear it, it makes me feel depressed because I still feel ugly as fuck.

Very cool! :O Did you have to bleach your hair to get it that color? How long is it supposed to last?

Nope, she just worked it in layers, wrapping them in segments, so it gave it a layered look. Some parts are a bit stronger than others.

In other news visited my uncle for christmas and his birthday (71 today), and I totally forgot how much of a mysoginist he is! We were discussing telltale signs when people are lying and then he spouts this out:
"Want to know how you can tell a woman is lying?" To which I humour him and reply "No, how?", and he replies with "They open their mouths".

Now I know I should probably be a little offended, but I burst out laughing, hardest I ever laughed about something in a long time. I'm surprised he's kept his wife with him for as long as he has with an attitude like that, the cheeky bugger! Love him to death, but my god is he offensive, I think that just adds to his charm though! Very few people can tell jokes like that and get away with it.

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
Depending on context I wouldn't be offended at all. It is just a joke after all, and a pretty harmless one I think. :) I mean, from a boss, or a teacher, that'd be shitty, but from a fun and cheeky 71-year-old uncle, not really. Plus you can always re-tell it by flipping the gender!

Samara

I've said this many times about my nephews. I also add that they wake up/eat/shit/lie then go back to sleep. Does get a bit of laughter.

what...but you're so pretty :<

its true, pau is super pretty but i've girl friends who are pretty who has the same self-assessments like pau does so i totes understand

all i can say is HUGS for you all~

ugh i has runny nose today ;____; i hate hate hate how raw my nose becomes when i have runny nose ;____;

aiustis, hehe, awwwwwwwww bf coming over <3 hope you two have loads of awesome time <3

...you remind me that i need to do cleaning tooooo >___<

Tash

I realize that I was taking too much of my self-confidence from how I look (not that I thought I am especially pretty but at least when I took the time I thought I was looking ok, which gave me self-confidence) and I am struggling with that now more than ever. Mostly because due to my health condition I lost A LOT of my hair to the point that I have no clue how to wear it any more :(

I now hide under a beanie or baseball cap most of the time. I wish I had one of those beautiful faces that go with super short hair but I just can't pull that off. Not to mention my bf absolutely hates short hair on girls..

So, maybe I should look into wigs -.-
Tried so much, too. Nioxin and other stuff rom the pharmacy but nothing helped. Blood work and everything seems fine according to the doctor. So yeah, probably due to my general health condition, stress and genetics.
Sorry, the whole make-up/pretty discussion made me ramble..Haven't even mentioned this to anyone at all :(

soepje

Are you sure you can't pull of a short hair, Tash? Lots of times people think they can't pull it off while the right short haircut can look great on them. Really need a good hairdresser though.

Tash

Are you sure you can't pull of a short hair, Tash? Lots of times people think they can't pull it off while the right short haircut can look great on them. Really need a good hairdresser though.

I had one when I was younger but everyone thought I looked much older. My biggest concern is my bf though, he can be quite judgmental -.-

I also have been living in Norway for only a short amount of time..not really found a trusty hairdresser yet, either..

Kind of horrified I am going to look like my mom or a soccer mom in general :(

Sevarus

Well, yes, for the height and the bone structure (whatever isn't handled by plastic surgery, anyway), sure. And, I suppose, to some extent, their proportions. I'm just wondering what their diet and exercise programs look like, LOL.

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl
Still not too great with make up myself even though I'm just trying to do eye stuffs. I got the hang of mascara but eyeliner is giving me a hard time since it looks like a kid drew on my face whenever I try. >;

Also super excited for this:
Squealing so hard~! Also GFWL-less Dark Souls so today is a good day.

Top Bottom