• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GirlGAF |OT 2| Shall I Compare Thee to a Summer's Eve?

lil

I so admire all of you folks who write because I get so easily discouraged. <3 I've always been more of a visual art person but I love reading, whether it's award winning stuff or fanfiction (unfortunately i'm always a part of the most obscure fandoms boooo).

So. Girlbusters.

Kimaka

I so admire all of you folks who write because I get so easily discouraged. <3 I've always been more of a visual art person but I love reading, whether it's award winning stuff or fanfiction (unfortunately i'm always a part of the most obscure fandoms boooo).

So. Girlbusters.

Never cared about Ghostbusters, but I might watch this one because of all the tears it's producing.

Aiustis

Thanks. I try. I come from a hyper "lawyer-or-doctor" background so it's really hard for me not to judge my creative process to death as it happens. Still recovering from insane family expectations over here and all the knock on effects of that... -/tmi after a miserable day

The more you write the easier it gets. Not everyone is good at expressing themselves in words though, so it might be harder if you aren't but I think everyone should try a little creative writing here or there just to flex their muscles.

lil

I like Kristen Wiig so I'll watch it.
I freaking love her. Target Lady and Surprise Lady are amazing and I quote them all the time.
Never cared about Ghostbusters, but I might watch this one because of all the tears it's producing.

Even the thread in OT says that Melissa McCarthy is cast as slimer. HO HO HO

That thread, lol. I'd be mad but now that the tables are turned I'm just kind of laughing. I hope it's actually good now!

meow

Boy, I sure am glad to have lots of guys looking out for me in case I might do something foolish like thinking women should be able to go topless if they want. I totally appreciate being told to sit down and shut up because they know what's best.

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
Boy, I sure am glad to have lots of guys looking out for me in case I might do something foolish like thinking women should be able to go topless if they want. I totally appreciate being told to sit down and shut up because they know what's best.
I know right

Why do all gender threads have people like this? It's so wearying..

What do you write?

I don't know how novel writers do it. I can form a few images and abstract links between them, but everything I do ends up impenetrable and oblique. I think reading Ulysses at an impressionable age did
me in. I get so distracted by language as a material I just can't do sustained narrative.

I write fantasy. I think you might just be over thinking it. Go with the flow and edit later if need be.

lil

Guys. guys. Life is Strange is really good. Good female characters. Worth a play if you like story/choice games.

Zoya: (i) Hudson, (ii) Malia, (iii) Leslie

That was just a quick look, you could totally take another look at their website. I have way too many of their polishes.

Zoya is THE BEST nail polish I have ever used. My gram gave me a few bottles out of the blue and I'm in love. I gotta get that Leslie, but out of the ones I have I love Annie the most. The pics don't do it justice, it's soo shimmery.

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl
I had bought the first episode the other day so I'll probably get to it soon. I need to get through REmaster and Resident Evil 3 first though since I planned to get thru those next.

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
I write fantasy. I think you might just be over thinking it. Go with the flow and edit later if need be.

I think it might just be that I don't get on with words. I edit down to the point where I end up with five unconnected words on a page!

-

Managed to get over my clothes shopping anxiety and actually buy a new pile of works clothes for the first time in at least a year. Yay! And one of them is a furry knit cardigan. Hooray! I love fluffy / furry knitwear.

Kisaya

So my friend got these wigs in the mail and I'm so so so in love

3Z6zRY5.png
10932106_635309376573536_1660985146_n.jpg

Going to play with these more often... ;3 now I see why cosplaying can be so fun haha

lil

I had bought the first episode the other day so I'll probably get to it soon. I need to get through REmaster and Resident Evil 3 first though since I planned to get thru those next.
Hurray!! :D
I really want to play it, but I'm waiting for more episodes to come out.
Probably a good decision. ;) I finished the first and now I'm too obsessed to wait six weeks, heh! We've been having good discussion over in the OT/spoiler threads though!
So my friend got these wigs in the mail and I'm so so so in love

Going to play with these more often... ;3 now I see why cosplaying can be so fun haha
Those look soooo good aaah! The pink matches your lips and I love it, lol. The blonde looks amazing on you too though!!

Kisaya

Eeee thanks girlies ;A; I was surprised at how nice the pink looked on me, I've always been wary of how light hair colors looked on me. Now I know! ^_^

I need winter boots. :( Having dug my car out of nearly two feet of snow in ballet flats has made me realize that I don't own anything practical for particularly crappy weather.

I'm deficient in the shoe department and it brings me shame and dishonor. Tax refund coming up so let's say price is no object (OK... Under $300).

Help me buy boots!

Aiustis

I need winter boots. :( Having dug my car out of nearly two feet of snow in ballet flats has made me realize that I don't own anything practical for particularly crappy weather.

I'm deficient in the shoe department and it brings me shame and dishonor. Tax refund coming up so let's say price is no object (OK... Under $300).

Help me buy boots!

Companies I'd recommend are Sorel, Keen and Kamik.

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider

Help me buy boots!

You're in the US, right?

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
I wouldn't know how to deal with that myself. I'd probably just tease her the next time she mentions a date, like, "let me guess; he thought you were sooooo hot and couldn't keep his hands off you? right? ;)" and laugh it off. Maybe she'd be embarrassed at her behaviour and stop. Or maybe she'd get all annoyed and offended, so I dunno. >_< I can't stand people like that myself.

Help me buy boots!
I second the Sorel recommendations. Been wearing those this winter and they're great. Comfy and warm.

GirlGAF, I need some help dealing with my girl friend.

We're coworkers, and we chat about our love lives sometimes. However, I think she's really insecure, because she really enjoys talking about how cute and hot and irresistible every single person finds her? She talks about behaviors of her dates, and a lot of times says "well he said I was so hot he couldn't keep his hands off me." In the past couple months, she's said this about three or four different men-- and the alarming part of this behavior is that she'll tell me she doesn't/didn't want to do anything sexually with them and told them so, but they ignore her and try anyway-- and she writes it off like that.

Aside from the very worrisome thinking behind that (she almost was date raped earlier this month as well :/... and she said that the guy used the same line on her), it's also just plain out annoying. No one likes to hear someone else bragging-- and I have a boyfriend and she's met him. It's not like there's anything to one up me about. I am a plain Jane and while I do like makeup, at work I dress very plainly and don't wear much makeup. I've thought about, and read over our conversations, and I don't brag about anything with her. Mostly it's just us talking about food, us talking about her ex, us talking about her love life, and me bugging her to download x or y videogame to play with her.

I really like her, but these conversations are starting to tire me out, because it FEELS like she's fishing for compliments and I have no patience for that sort of stuff.

*edit: Also, I'm okay with it in small/normal doses, but this is like... 50% of the conversations. I really don't know what to say anymore.

halp

WHOA bunny! My bestie is like this too! :OOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Every time something happens to her she's like "I think he likes me"

Like, a guy is mean to her and she tells me about it and she finished the story with "I think he likes me, thats why he's mean to me. "

And if a guy argues with her. Or is nice to her. Or looks at her.

zuh???????

She's a sweet person but this side of her really weirds me out massively.

I have no idea how to deal with it, tbh. I just sort of humour her so far, but it seems to embolden her at it.... .___.;;;;;;

yes yes yes yes

omg. they are alike :O my bestie does this too! it's very odd! and worrying.

my bestie came out of a 4 year massive break up... about 4 years ago and she's still hung over it. she still checks her ex's tumblr and fb and stuff.

i am not totally sure how to handle it either bunny! at first i thought she was just having esteem issues cuz of the break up (the ex started dating someone else in the middle) but now it's disconcerting

she found new work last year and immediately she entered into a weird drama with a coworker. she sent him mixed signals and he got so confused cuz some days she would talk to him and some days she wont. and granted, he has issues of his own because he proclaimed her his gf to work colleagues... but it ended up with her going to their manager to complain that he makes her nervous at work. he was counselled and after that he couldn't recover his social spirits with the team and resigned from his work.

and i tell her, "you must be relieved now that guy is gone"

and she answered, "i dont know. i'm not sure. i kind of miss him."

*rolls eyes*

it frustrates me that she turns out this way too. i expect such a different person. sigh.

sorry for venting .... and not helping.

XD;;;;;;

yeah :< poor guy. i mean, i think he stepped over some lines but not sure if he should have lost his job over it all

bestie is 29

aaah, i dont know. i mean she's smart, and i thought she would have more self awareness than this, but lately it's been getting worse and worse

for example, she just told me that a guy at work told her that her work might use keylogger program to check what everyone's doing online on the company's internet

and it upsets her so much. she asked me if i thought he was lying or not. and i explain that companies usually monitor people's web visits but generally they do not keylog strokes and monitor personal passwords to people's online bank accounts and stuff. we spent a bit of time trying to reason why he would say such things but at the end she is basically convinced that he said what he said to get under her skin and she said "i think he was trying to upset me because he likes me."

x____x;;;;;;;;;

yesyes, if you find a solution, share <3 i'd really appreciate it!!!

lil

Ahhhh I got accepted to SCAD!

bunny, that's a super hard situation. The only thing I can think of is to just be completely honest with her??? I dunno, she just doesn't seem aware enough to take the hint. :/

lil

Oh nice! I got into SCAD when I graduated high school but I was too poor to actually go so I've been slumming it up. Congrats lil!
Thanks!! :) That's where I'm at as well so I'll have to see if they offer anything for scholarships/financial aid but I'm lucky to have MassArt no matter what!

Ahhhh I got accepted to SCAD!

bunny, that's a super hard situation. The only thing I can think of is to just be completely honest with her??? I dunno, she just doesn't seem aware enough to take the hint. :/

Graaaaaats lil!!!!

&#127878;&#127879;&#127881;&#127882;

Thanks!! :) That's where I'm at as well so I'll have to see if they offer anything for scholarships/financial aid but I'm lucky to have MassArt no matter what!

Not trying to be freaky deaky or anything but you and I go to the same school!!!! I wonder if I've seen you around.

Whoops I just noticed you got accepted into SCAD. undergrad or graduate program?

lil

Thanks gals!!! SCAD was probably the hardest school to get into on my list, well maybe SVA is, but either way I feel pretty good lol.

Not trying to be freaky deaky or anything but you and I go to the same school!!!! I wonder if I've seen you around.

Whoops I just noticed you got accepted into SCAD. undergrad or graduate program?

Heheh, I've only applied to MassArt! ;) But I'm lucky to have it because the tuition for in-state folks like me is the best it gets without a scholarship. Do you like it there?

As for SCAD, undergrad! :)

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl
Aww that sounds shitty. x: I ordered some stuff from yesstyle a couple of weeks ago but it looks like my order was delayed for some stock of a few things.
*writes down not to buy from sammydress*

So I made the mistake of ordering from Sammydress.com. The adverts are all over the Web, I'm sure you guys have seen them. Ordered in early November, still haven't gotten shit. Customer service keeps telling me to wait longer. So, as a general warning, don't be tempted. Cheap prices, but the company is a scam, hands down.

I also made this mistake. It was with Storenvy. My blazer still has not arrived and I ordered in October last year.

BLEH.

Top Bottom