• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GirlGAF |OT 2| Shall I Compare Thee to a Summer's Eve?

Kisaya

Haha.. you'll have better luck getting Grace to tag along rather than me. I'm not a gym person for a few reasons that I'm too embarrassed to say. lol. I just need to restrict what I eat.. No more lazy instant ramen. :(

I definitely feel that cause that's how I was when I first started going. But this me going by myself and I know it's much easier with a group. Either way, maybe we can set up a diet plan for each other and stick to it strictly.

Pau

Watching The Duchess and it is so, so fucking frustrating. Fuck the Duke. I can't stand terrible characters who are rewarded for their shittiness. Worse when they aren't fictional.

Is it bad that I want terrible people to end up with terrible lives. :(

Kimaka

Watching The Duchess and it is so, so fucking frustrating. Fuck the Duke. I can't stand terrible characters who are rewarded for their shittiness. Worse when they aren't fictional.

Sounds perfectly reasonable. The Duke was awful. Protip, never watch Tess of the d'urbervilles. Talk about assholes winning. That series pissed me off for days.

I'm watching Pride and Prejudice (BBC) right now and gleefully awaiting Wickham's schemes going awry.

Dice//

Banned

I remember watching The Vow and hating it because of its irredeemable leading lady.

Waaah! I got AMNESIA.

Waaaaaah!!!! Channing Tatum is APPARENTLY my husband!!!

WAAAAAH!!! He's being super nice to me and trying to rekindle our romance but I don't waannnnaaaa!!

Completely unrealistic film. -1/20.

Pau

Sounds perfectly reasonable. The Duke was awful. Protip, never watch Tess of the d'urbervilles. Talk about assholes winning. That series pissed me off for days.

I'm watching Pride and Prejudice (BBC) right now and gleefully awaiting Wickham's schemes going awry.
This is why I love Jane Austen. (Also love Becoming Jane which is bittersweet but there's no assholes on the level of the Duke.)

I remember watching The Vow and hating it because of its irredeemable leading lady.

Waaah! I got AMNESIA.

Waaaaaah!!!! Channing Tatum is APPARENTLY my husband!!!

WAAAAAH!!! He's being super nice to me and trying to rekindle our romance but I don't waannnnaaaa!!

Completely unrealistic film. -1/20.
Unlikable leads are the worst. I have such low tolerance for them. But Kiera Knightley's character was actually pretty cool. Her husband on the other hand... ugh. Ugh.

Also didn't know Hayley Atwell was in it. Can I just look like her please?

Dice//

Banned
This is why I love Jane Austen. (Also love Becoming Jane which is bittersweet but there's no assholes on the level of the Duke.)

Unlikable leads are the worst. I have such low tolerance for them. But Kiera Knightley's character was actually pretty cool. Her husband on the other hand... ugh. Ugh.

Also didn't know Hayley Atwell was in it. Can I just look like her please?

I've always loved Keira for being both looks and a pretty fair talent as well (well, until she tries an American accent then it sort of spills into her acting, but eh).
Hayley has been a pleasure to watch in Agent Carter so far, so hearing she's in it and still hearing a number of good things, I might have to add the Duchess to my watchlist....

(I'm also a huge sucker for period dramas...but you can't see this because I wrote it in parentheses!!!)

Oh, I actually did watch North & South. Fantastic period drama, definitely one of the better with a great focus on class relations as well as the dramatics.

Pau

I've always loved Keira for being both looks and a pretty fair talent as well (well, until she tries an American accent then it sort of spills into her acting, but eh).
Hayley has been a pleasure to watch in Agent Carter so far, so hearing she's in it and still hearing a number of good things, I might have to add the Duchess to my watchlist....

(I'm also a huge sucker for period dramas...but you can't see this because I wrote it in parentheses!!!)

Oh, I actually did watch North & South. Fantastic period drama, definitely one of the better with a great focus on class relations as well as the dramatics.
Prepare to be frustrated.

(And same. My boyfriend doesn't really like watching them though. He LOVES dance movies but no to period dramas. I still have to convince him to watch Becoming Jane and Pride and Prejudice. I think he'd look pretty good in the clothing...)

I'll look into North & South! I'm really bad at watching tv series, but I'll give this a try!

I wish I was Keira Knightley :(
You'll be Kiera and I can be Hayley. ;-; I promise to
not become your best friend and then sleep with your rapist husband.

lil

No worries! Good luck on your applications! :)
Thanks! :) One more piece to finish aaahhh!!

I love it! Literally the best major for me. It's a lot of Art History, but not very curatorial thankfully. I had a great internship last semester working with the Communications dept at a museum in Queens, and this semester I scored an amazing internship at a non-profit dedicated to advancing women's professional leadership in the visual arts!
Whoaaa, that non-profit sounds amazing. I didn't even know something like that existed, it sounds like the best internship ever! Glad to hear everything is working out well. :)

Mostly Root Beer, but Vanilla Coke is a close second. Good thing not many people like it, so no one ever steals it from the fridge.
Yesss, but the downside is that no one, at least here, stocks Vanilla Coke because it's so unpopular! It's my fave, but I have to drive to a dollar store a few villages away to find it.

lil

Just get regular coke and add your own vanilla, that's what we always did.
Ooh yeah, true! I always forget about that, heh.
I like the first sip of vanilla cola but I can never finish a whole bottle or cup. Too sweet. D:

Yeah, I'd say that's probably how most people feel about it. I just have an unreal sweet tooth, haha! Only thing I can't do is Cherry Pepsi. Regular Pepsi already tastes like cherry cola so that double cherry is overkill.

side note, do any of you gals like Melanie Martinez? She does lots of songs that have dark themes but with a girly/storybook aesthetic. Been following her since The Voice and her latest single just got featured on AHS Freak Show: (epilepsy warning though!!) Carousel

Anyone else here besides me feel self conscious about their potty mouth? Looking at my posts and such... and sometimes my interactions around friends in person. eeehhhh I'm starting to feel less cute about the whole thing now that I'm no longer in my teens.

The internet (and having brothers) really did a number on my ability to maintain a coy feminine demeanor.

Leeness

Anyone else here besides me feel self conscious about their potty mouth? Looking at my posts and such... and sometimes my interactions around friends in person. eeehhhh I'm starting to feel less cute about the whole thing now that I'm no longer in my teens.

The internet (and having brothers) really did a number on my ability to maintain a coy feminine demeanor.

Nah. Fuck it. Swear like a sailor, don't care. I don't need anyone to think I'm a "lady" or "feminine". Because I'm not.

TBH I'm seeing someone who isn't a college boy for the first time in my life. Sometimes I find myself feeling like an immature girl when I'm around him. Does that make sense? He's got a serious career and more culture and sophistication than I'm used to.

I am who I am but sometimes I wonder if I'm where I should be at my age mentally. The swearing is a part of that.

Leeness

TBH I'm seeing someone who isn't a college boy for the first time in my life. Sometimes I find myself feeling like an immature girl when I'm around him. Does that make sense? He's got a serious career and more culture and sophistication than I'm used to.

I am who I am but sometimes I wonder if I'm where I should be at my age mentally. The swearing is a part of that.

Eeh. I work in a legal firm. We all swear lol.

But yeah, all adults I know swear so I don't really care. You should try not to either, if you want to swear lol.

Yesss, but the downside is that no one, at least here, stocks Vanilla Coke because it's so unpopular! It's my fave, but I have to drive to a dollar store a few villages away to find it.

I find that they usually carry it in WINCO if you have one around you.

It's not something that comes up when we're together. It's that his life and tastes and career have me evaluating my own situation. We have a blast together. I'm just so used to being the more motivated and mature (lol I know rite?) person in the relationship that it feels strange with the shoe being on the other foot.

Leeness

I'm 33 this year and my husband sometimes has to remind me not to swear in front of the kids.

I feel bad when I slip around them, but otherwise? Fuck it, I'm an adult.

39bee4f33728e1f54402d858540d373c-weekend-update-high-five.gif

iirate

I totally get this. I've seen too many friends/coworkers lose sight of where the line is with cursing that it's made me try to cut back myself. I actually like cursing, but if it's offensive to someone, adult or child, I don't see a need to be disrespectful(well, unless they have it coming ^_^).

Kisaya

Eh, for me it really depends. I used to swear a lot, I still do but I get self conscious myself about if it's really appropriate to swear given who I'm talking to and what we're talking about (and where too). Not that you should censor yourself, but, again for me personally, there's a point of swearing unnecessarily.

However, don't change yourself because of a guy. Change is fine but the best way of going about it is doing it for you and being comfortable with yourself.

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
I totally get this. I've seen too many friends/coworkers lose sight of where the line is with cursing that it's made me try to cut back myself. I actually like cursing, but if it's offensive to someone, adult or child, I don't see a need to be disrespectful(well, unless they have it coming ^_^).

Yeah I think that's what it is for me. I try to be as inclusive as I can and I don't want to make anyone uncomfortable. I probably go too far though, but if someone is religious I try not to "blaspheme" too much, even if I don't believe a word of it myself.

Kimaka

I swear a ton. I just feel like I need to cut back on the amount of 'fucks' I say because I say it too much. Need to expand my swearing vocabulary.

lil

Me neither! I literally dropped every other opportunity I had once they called me for an interview XD I'm so excited! (This is the organization btw!)

TONI MORRISON ON THE FRONT PAGE WELL THERE U GO

Looks like an amazing and super helpful organization and there are soo many chapters!! *_* I totally get why you dropped every other opportunity to do this!

Tomorrow's a snow day here in NE so maybe I can actually finish my portfolio this week! :p

Aiustis

My family is kind of fancy and I'm very well spoken; I really don't swear a lot because that's not how I was raised. So whenever I utter a 'fuck' or 'shit' it really surprises people.

I do say 'god damn it' a lot though; that's something I started doing to piss off a particularly religious friend and it became habit. 'Fuck' is reserved for injuries.

HIII NEW LADIES

ugh ive been away sorry ;___; miss you all wonderful gals

MMO is evil i tell youuuuuuuuu

I do not swear in general. I have that Flanders-thing. a little. I'd say "shoot" instead of "shit" and "fffffffffffffffffffffffffff" instead of "fuck"

but in written form and on the internet, i swear a lot?????

:D

lil

I find that they usually carry it in WINCO if you have one around you.
Awww, too bad I don't have one of those around here! I remember when they used to be in every vending machine. ;__;
I just finished a relevant cross stitch.
Your cross stitch skills are on point. *u*
HIII NEW LADIES

ugh ive been away sorry ;___; miss you all wonderful gals

MMO is evil i tell youuuuuuuuu

I do not swear in general. I have that Flanders-thing. a little. I'd say "shoot" instead of "shit" and "fffffffffffffffffffffffffff" instead of "fuck"

but in written form and on the internet, i swear a lot?????

:D

Same here, I say all of the weird replacements instead. Probably for the best since I work with kids a lot, lol. It's gotten even worse since I babysit pastors' kids cause this one pastor is trying to teach his oldest not to say "gosh." So now it's mostly "oh dear" or "oh my goodness" for me, hahaha!

Alright...I'm working on a mix collage / poem thing. Taking me months and months. Brain is sort of stuck in 1922. Slow. Slow. Slow. Got a table full of "mood books" and wish I was fluent in Latin.

You?

I'm actually working on my third novel right now. I also got my bachelor's last month and trying to find work.

Leeness

Funny story, I was looking through my gif collection for a response to yours (cause I am easily amused) and a good number of my gifs even have the word 'fuck' on them.

And this one is the only one where the word is actually said in the gifs source.

vnHZ3zf.gif

I'm a bad girl.

Haha nice.

I'm partial to this one just because I can hear the tune and everything.

gfydisney.gif

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
I'm actually working on my third novel right now. I also got my bachelor's last month and trying to find work.

What do you write?

I don't know how novel writers do it. I can form a few images and abstract links between them, but everything I do ends up impenetrable and oblique. I think reading Ulysses at an impressionable age did
me in. I get so distracted by language as a material I just can't do sustained narrative.

Aiustis

What do you write?

I don't know how novel writers do it. I can form a few images and abstract links between them, but everything I do ends up impenetrable and oblique. I think reading Ulysses at an impressionable age did
me in. I get so distracted by language as a material I just can't do sustained narrative.

Best policy is to write how you want. My teachers used to tell me that I needed more description. I hate description so I keep it minimal and only the very important bits. People really enjoy what I write. (I mostly do forum simming).

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
Best policy is to write how you want. My teachers used to tell me that I needed more description. I hate description so I keep it minimal and only the very important bits. People really enjoy what I write. (I mostly do forum simming).

Thanks. I try. I come from a hyper "lawyer-or-doctor" background so it's really hard for me not to judge my creative process to death as it happens. Still recovering from insane family expectations over here and all the knock on effects of that... -/tmi after a miserable day

Rest

All these years later I still chuckle at what a fucking moron that guy is.
I just finished a relevant cross stitch.

You know, I associate these things with 80 year old ladies, because that's who I've known that has made them.

I'm imagining you now as some grizzled, chainsmoking, cane swinging old badass.

Cat

One of my top favorite writers is Trudy from the Gradient Lair Tumblr, and she has more than once cited the quote by Toni Morrison, “If there's a book that you want to read, but it hasn't been written yet, then you must write it.”

So with that, I echo what Aiustis said and only add to just you know, keep doing it. I've seen other professional writers like Neil Gaiman and George R R Martin say there's a lot of value to reading/writing short stories or just sitting down and writing.

You craft as you go, fine-tuning it with practice.

I've been writing a fanfic lately and though I can't say a lot of people enjoy it*, I can say I am.

*By this, I mean I am receiving next to no feedback so this would be more indifference as opposed to "you suck."

Top Bottom