• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GirlGAF |OT 2| Shall I Compare Thee to a Summer's Eve?

sploatee has magic powers :O

i cant see avatars either :O!!!

bunbuns got a bit heated in that china box office thread. hope it's not perma though ;___; that gal has a lot of moxie~

N0VAM0D

WOOOOOOOOOOOWWWW

fellow aussie gal *_______*

*latches on to miau and not let go*

^_________________^

WELCOME WELCOME <333333333

AHHHH!

Well this is exciting. Which state?!

Welcome <3 we're glad to have you join us!

Hello and welcome! *waves*

Hello, nice to meet you :)

*sobbing*

thank you guys so much, I hope I fit in~

Yo! Your avatar wins my "best avatar of the day" award. Congrats!

It's a very, very prestigious award.

Eeeee! That's the first compliment I've ever gotten on my avatar!

thank u (&#9696;&#8255;&#9696;&#10047;)

Leeness

Last cupcake tonight. Time to stop eating as much as possible now. I'd stop eating all together if I could :(

Work out, eat only chicken and veggies and some fruit.

Well...doesn't really happen tomorrow because I eat out all Tuesday lol... But going to eat things that I know the calories of. :|

Fuck food man, I hate/love it. I want it to go away. :( Most of all, I want my fat to go away. :(

Last cupcake tonight. Time to stop eating as much as possible now. I'd stop eating all together if I could :(

Well...doesn't really happen tomorrow because I eat out all Tuesday lol... But going to eat things that I know the calories of. :|

Fuck food man, I hate/love it. I want it to go away. :( Most of all, I want my fat to go away. :(

i cupcakes :< cupcakes and macarons <3 are my weakness

they are EVIL i tell youuuuuuuu

YOU CAN DO IT LEENESS!!! \o/

and yeaaaaaaaaah WHATS UP WITH FOOD YO!!! why does it generate fat! WHATS UP WITH THAT !!!

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
Do you want the scientific explanation, or were you just being rhetorical? :D

On an unrelated note... am I spending too much time on NeoGAF if the first thing that came to my mind when waiting for the bus in front of this store was, well, the NeoGAF logo colours? >_>

suzu

Hello GirlGAF!

I've been lurking this thread for quite a while but have been a bit too nervous to introduce myself until now!

I'm N0VAM0D
but really wanna change my username to miauviv
, and I live in Australia! I'm absolutely addicted to graphic design, and am currently studying it! I like lots of other things too, of course. Especially music, fashion, languages, sociology, video games and food. I want to travel to lots of places one day, and I also hope to own an extremely fluffy kitty and a fridge that has an ice cube machine on the front.

You all seem like wonderful people, and I would love to get to know you!

pls

Welcome! I think you can ask for a username change, try private messaging a moderator about it.

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider

Me too. Eating when not hungry is the worst habit.

Do you want the scientific explanation, or were you just being rhetorical? :D

On an unrelated note... am I spending too much time on NeoGAF if the first thing that came to my mind when waiting for the bus in front of this store was, well, the NeoGAF logo colours? >_>

Yes! But theres nothing wrong with that.

N0VAM0D

AAAAAAA MORTAL ENEMY!

>:O

jk <3

>:

:>

Good on you, and good luck!

I actually threw away all the junk food in my cupboard today, it felt good
terrible
. My boyfriend dragged me out of bed to go for a run, which ended up being really nice. I haven't been on one for a loooong time, and I figured I would let him create a workout plan for me since he's studying personal training. Can't wait to see how it works out. It's honestly about my 4th attempt though, which I'm pretty embarrassed about!

Welcome! I think you can ask for a username change, try private messaging a moderator about it.

ThoseDeafMutes is on the case!

Leeness

i cupcakes :< cupcakes and macarons <3 are my weakness

they are EVIL i tell youuuuuuuu

YOU CAN DO IT LEENESS!!! o/

and yeaaaaaaaaah WHATS UP WITH FOOD YO!!! why does it generate fat! WHATS UP WITH THAT !!!

This time, I'm doing it. I don't care if I have to starve myself and work out until I pass out, I'm going to lose weight.

Me too. Eating when not hungry is the worst habit.

Yep. I'm also a depressed eater and I've been depressed a bunch the last couple of weeks.

Good on you, and good luck!

I actually threw away all the junk food in my cupboard today, it felt good
terrible
. My boyfriend dragged me out of bed to go for a run, which ended up being really nice. I haven't been on one for a loooong time, and I figured I would let him create a workout plan for me since he's studying personal training. Can't wait to see how it works out. It's honestly about my 4th attempt though, which I'm pretty embarrassed about!

Good luck to you too.

All my bad food is gone. I still have bread in the freezer and some pasta, but I'm just going to be careful with those/eat rarely until they're gone.

It's probably my millionth attempt, so...meh. Maybe one day I can make it stick. Or at least lose enough to not be a disgusting pig.

Weight obsession is so suffocating sometimes!!!!

You girls are all terrific as far as I'm concerned

Disclaimer: I am totes part of the weight watching crowd... Waw. It's just... Everyone and everything adulates skinniness x____x

Also ... I've recently achieved my ideal weight again... o/ 98 pounds awwwww yaaaaaasssssss o/ I now can fit into everything in my wardrobe again ^_______^

Kimaka

I'm guess I'm lucky that when I gain weight it doesn't accumulate around my stomach. It does go straight to my thighs and butt which makes shopping for pants hellish. :/ I'm afraid to wear skirts too because they get hiked up.

Weight obsession is so suffocating sometimes!!!!

You girls are all terrific as far as I'm concerned

Disclaimer: I am totes part of the weight watching crowd... Waw. It's just... Everyone and everything adulates skinniness x____x

Also ... I've recently achieved my ideal weight again... o/ 98 pounds awwwww yaaaaaasssssss o/ I now can fit into everything in my wardrobe again ^_______^

I miss eating like shit and not gaining anything. Being a teenager was cool.

I'm guess I'm lucky that when I gain weight it doesn't accumulate around my stomach. It does go straight to my thighs and butt which makes shopping for pants hellish. :/ I'm afraid to wear skirts too because they get hiked up.

I miss eating like shit and not gaining anything. Being a teenager was cool.

YEA

i hate the thigh fat thing!!! WAW stupid fat! if you gonna accumulate why dont you accumulate on boobs!!! UGH

and yea teenager metabolism aaaaaaaa how i miss theeeee ;____;

Basically. Which is why it's time to starve myself. Hopefully I won't die
That would be fine though as long as I die skinny

I did have a random period where I lost like 40 pounds and didn't notice. People thought I was dying, but I'm back at 240 now.
Starving yourself is a no no

I'm on chemo and can't lose this pesky ten pounds that I hate. Up until five years ago, I was svelte and sexy no matter what I ate.

Stupid aging.

I hope chemo is going well Fiction :<

Internet hugs for you *pelts Fiction with e-hugs*

They should abolish aging, to be honest D: Such a downer, this aging business...

Dice//

Banned
I had an interview Thursday morning and got the job Thursday afternoon. :D So I officially have to wear nicer clothes.

Congrats!!!

I love the occasion to wear shitty clothes and nice clothes.

Now that I've done 7...YEARS of post secondary, I can't even tell you how nice it was to dress up in nice clothing since all I wore was shirts and sweats....

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
Paper dresses:

https://imgur.com/gallery/EyEzh

fW68DHS.jpg

Tacos aside, I just really like making paper dresses.

Plus, they make for great leg workouts because you can never sit down (that's how you know it's fashionable).

VvCcwwC.jpg

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
Wow! Gorgeous!

Does anyone else here feel that they're on a really really slow route to being one day fashionable and/or stylish?

I was looking at pictures of Iris Apfel and I thought "that is EXACTLY how I want to age".

Anastasia

Wow! Gorgeous!

Does anyone else here feel that they're on a really really slow route to being one day fashionable and/or stylish?

I was looking at pictures of Iris Apfel and I thought "that is EXACTLY how I want to age".

I think what's important is to find your own style. I've gone through so many different styles, but over time am settling on what I consider to be my own. I'm becoming more and more comfortable with myself. I don't care if people think I'm stylish; I'm just going to express and be confident in myself, and if people like it that's nice, but it doesn't matter to me in the end.

If I was going to describe my current style it's sort of a hybrid between punk and goth, along with taking classical pieces that you would normally think of in only one way and putting my own twist on them. A lot of the pieces in my wardrobe I wasn't even thinking about wearing how I am now, but it's fun to go through older things and see how I can wear them differently.

Kisaya

Wow! Gorgeous!

I can't afford my aesthetic :(

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
I think what's important is to find your own style. I've gone through so many different styles, but over time am settling on what I consider to be my own. I'm becoming more and more comfortable with myself. I don't care if people think I'm stylish; I'm just going to express and be confident in myself, and if people like it that's nice, but it doesn't matter to me in the end.

If I was going to describe my current style it's sort of a hybrid between punk and goth, along with taking classical pieces that you would normally think of in only one way and putting my own twist on them. A lot of the pieces in my wardrobe I wasn't even thinking about wearing how I am now, but it's fun to go through older things and see how I can wear them differently.

I can't afford my aesthetic :(

Hehe. I'm totally a mix of your two posts. I tend to just buy one super expensive thing every few months or so. Which means at any one time I have like one outfit that I really like. In my mind I want to dress in Yohji Yamamoto and have some Westwood pirate boots. Er yeah. Never gonna happen. That's why I'm planning for my style when I hit 80 :)

When I was a child I actually tried to make dresses from paper or trashbags or big linen cloths.

Never worked well.

Haha! It's not easy!

Anastasia

Hehe. I'm totally a mix of your two posts. I tend to just buy one super expensive thing every few months or so. Which means at any one time I have like one outfit that I really like. In my mind I want to dress in Yohji Yamamoto and have some Westwood pirate boots. Er yeah. Never gonna happen. That's why I'm planning for my style when I hit 80 :)

Yamamoto is one of my favorite designers. I really like Westwood too. I don't own any mainline Yamamoto though, just a black Y's turtleneck:

LfSqazM.jpg
(not my pic)

I tend to buy nicer pieces when they're highly discounted and it fills a gap in my wardrobe. I have a bunch of things I never would have been able to afford at retail; most of it I get from eBay. There are a lot of sellers on there who live in places like NYC and are involved in the fashion industry, and put out good deals. If I was rich and could fill my wardrobe with any one designer it would probably be Ann Demeulemeester (well, more like older Ann stuff). Maybe Haider Ackermann too. Actually I could think of a lot of designers, haha. This is the downside of being into fashion. :p

As it is now my wardrobe is a mish-mash of different stuff.

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
Yamamoto is one of my favorite designers. I really like Westwood too. I don't own any mainline Yamamoto though, just a black Y's turtleneck:

LfSqazM.jpg
(not my pic)

I tend to buy nicer pieces when they're highly discounted and it fills a gap in my wardrobe. I have a bunch of things I never would have been able to afford at retail; most of it I get from eBay. There are a lot of sellers on there who live in places like NYC and are involved in the fashion industry, and put out good deals. If I was rich and could fill my wardrobe with any one designer it would probably be Ann Demeulemeester (well, more like older Ann stuff). Maybe Haider Ackermann too. Actually I could think of a lot of designers, haha. This is the downside of being into fashion. :p

As it is now my wardrobe is a mish-mash of different stuff.

Me likey!

It's been a while since I've looked in a magazine (stupid self-esteem issues) but I was obsessed with Christopher Bailey and Burberry Prorsum for a while. I actually went into the Burberry store and had trenchcoat measured (I am about 5 foot tall with stubby arms, so even a small wouldn't fit me and I couldn't bring myself to buy a child's one). Then I chickened out, realising that the £800 ($1,400 I guess?) would basically put me in debt for months.

Some Bailey gorgeousness...

tumblr_lp9d25d4uP1qbosdq.jpg

Anastasia

Me likey!

It's been a while since I've looked in a magazine (stupid self-esteem issues) but I was obsessed with Christopher Bailey and Burberry Prorsum for a while. I actually went into the Burberry store and had trenchcoat measured (I am about 5 foot tall with stubby arms, so even a small wouldn't fit me and I couldn't bring myself to buy a child's one). Then I chickened out, realising that the £800 ($1,400 I guess?) would basically put me in debt for months.

Some Bailey gorgeousness...

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lp9d25d4uP1qbosdq.jpg

Those are really nice. I've always liked how razor sharp the tailoring is with Prorsum. Also very creative with fabrics. I don't own any pieces myself but would like to one day (if I could afford it :p).

I would love to have a Prorsum trench, especially something like this. Too bad I don't have $3700 lol. I have this magnmag trench which will do for now:

So in the midst of that "Girls are water, Men are mud" thread that happened a couple days ago, I had asked this question that wasn't really noticed (and can you blame anyone?) I figured that this might be a good place to get input instead of making a new topic for it.

On a somewhat related note to the thread, I was thinking about the term "guys" and its female equivalent. Many people use the term girls to go along with it, but as has been noted in the thread, it's definitely a problematic way to refer to women at the very least. Is gals a more acceptable female equivalent? Are their better ways to go about this? I'm not exactly in the mood of removing casual references to one gender or the other from my vocabulary, but I'm not wanting to seem like I'm belittling or demeaning people with what I'm saying either.

Zoe

I have no problem casually using "girls" for others within my generation or younger--otherwise I use "ladies" for those who are older.

"Gals" sounds too outdated and/or southern.

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
Those are really nice. I've always liked how razor sharp the tailoring is with Prorsum. Also very creative with fabrics. I don't own any pieces myself but would like to one day (if I could afford it :p).

I would love to have a Prorsum trench, especially something like this. Too bad I don't have $3700 lol. I have this magnmag trench which will do for now:

Lovely!
Despite going to a primarily fashion school, I am not creative enough even if I wanted to study it XD

Jealous of your glam fashion school type thing life! I work in tax. TAX.

So in the midst of that "Girls are water, Men are mud" thread that happened a couple days ago, I had asked this question that wasn't really noticed (and can you blame anyone?) I figured that this might be a good place to get input instead of making a new topic for it.

It doesn't bother me.

someday

Banned
My whole thing is to keep it even. If you say girls, say boys. Gals, guys, men, women. In that thread, I was just pointing out the way that dude talked about women and his use of girls vs men was a part of it.
This is definitely something that grates on me. It's so paternalistic and no one thinks twice about it. I prefer "female" to girl in this context.

Aiustis, grats on jobbie!!!!!!! \o/

WOW PAPER DRESS SO PRETTY *____* (the girl is also very pretty waaaah)

I dont mind girls/guys/people/folks/elves

Top Bottom