• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GirlGAF |OT 2| Shall I Compare Thee to a Summer's Eve?

Pau

Thank you for everyone who volunteered! I think I've hit my cap of 20 interviews. If any of them fall through I'll post here (and in the other thread) again, but as of now I think we're good. Please check your PMs and let me know your availability!

I missed the volunteer thing. :(

Anyways.

I'm single again. Broke up a few days ago. It feels good to be out of a crap relationship. But I can't help but feel a little melancholy. I don't miss the relationship but I miss having a boy next to me while I'm asleep. :/ I wish my ex didn't have to be such a god damn wishy washy asshole.

Edit: don't miss the snoring

Hey GirlGAF! So I'm working on a research project for school and I need interview volunteers. So far, however, none of my interviews have been with women gamers, and my research advisor gave me the okay to post here to see if any of you would be interested. Here's the original post for the thread I put up.

awww, I wish I was able to do it.

Nudull

Banned
Hey guys, been a while. :)

*cheers on Fiction and her LP endeavors*

Tell me you guys are reading the Protein World thread. auhfushdgdhj I don't get why threads about women and weight get this bad.

GAF has always been horrible about most subjects involving social issues, society's fucked up views on body image included.

lil

Tell me you guys are reading the Protein World thread. auhfushdgdhj I don't get why threads about women and weight get this bad.

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl
I have enough problems to deal with that but the subject came up elsewhere where someone I talk to was defending their responses and I had to cut them from my life finally since they have been building up reasons for me to do so. (They got caught up in the whole GG rhetoric lately. :/)

lil

I was. I've kinda given up though. Sorry. :(

YOU FOUGHT A VALIANT FIGHT MORRIGAN

I should be done, too. Need some more Free Comic Book Day festivities before I go to bed.

I have enough problems to deal with that but the subject came up elsewhere where someone I talk to was defending their responses and I had to cut them from my life finally since they have been building up reasons for me to do so. (They got caught up in the whole GG rhetoric lately. :/)
UGH I feel that so much. Sorry you were involved with someone like that, it's so rough. :( Hope you're able to move on and have some peace. I'm in the same process with an MRA friend, sooo yeah.

Nudull

Banned
YOU FOUGHT A VALIANT FIGHT MORRIGAN

I should be done, too. Need some more Free Comic Book Day festivities before I go to bed.

UGH I feel that so much. Sorry you were involved with someone like that, it's so rough. :( Hope you're able to move on and have some peace. I'm in the same process with an MRA friend, sooo yeah.

Nice to meet you, lil! FCBD is indeed awesome. :)

Sorry you and InfiniteNine had to deal with shitty friends. My family's the same way.

Yikes. GG is such an awful movement. I'm lucky I haven't run into anyone from that side, but I'm sorry to hear you deal with that. :eek:

Kisaya

I'm in a relationship that became long-distance due to circumstance, and one of the things I miss more than anything is waking up next to someone. I have a terrible time trying to actually fall asleep with another person in my bed, though. A more cruel paradox there could not be but I would take a million nights of restless sleep if it meant I'd get that physical companionship back, to be honest.

I feel this so much and it's one of the hardest things for me being in a LDR. The first night away from my boyfriend is always the worst and I'm either awake from crying all night or restlessness :'(

Yrael

iirate said:
I wish I wasn't so bad at horror games. T_T

I'm a sucker for games that emphasize atmosphere, but good horror games are way, way too much for me. I've tried to play Amnesia twice now - the first time I made it less than half an hour in, and the second time I played for about an hour before hitting a breaking point. It certainly doesn't help that I'll typically only play really atmospheric games(horror or otherwise) alone and in a dark room, and preferably with headphones, but I want to be immersed.

I can watch these same games, and horror movies, but anything worse than Bioshock is basically unplayable for me.

I haven't played many horror games, but I adored The Cat Lady. The gameplay is quite simple (two-dimensional, move your character back and forth and interact with objects, etc), but the narrative is very sad, dealing with the topic of depression and suicide. The atmosphere is also incredibly chilling.

Haven't popped by for a while but the last I saw of it was filled with rank stupidity, praising and throwing money at a business because they made a series of tweets more befitting of a 12 year old than a company CEO, calling feminists "land whales" and gloating about having bravely struck a blow against the Space Jelly Wasps.
A condensed version of /r/KotakuInAction, in other words.

(This is coming from someone who didn't think the original advert egregiously bad compared to what's already out there - like I said in the thread, it's essentially a drop in an ocean of media that tends to idolise a very limited range of body types. The problem is the bigger picture.)

I've been re-reading Awkward Zombie comics recently. The way Katie draws facial expressions cracks me up so much.

aebde6f886071977a82d41d184d0ad42.jpg
comic168.png
comic83.jpg

Yrael

Awkward Zombie is hilarious :)

That just might beat "skeletons" in my vocabulary. If you don't mind me stealing that, of course.

(And yes, your summary sounds about right.)

Haha go ahead! :p I'm also quite fond of Soulful Jazz Warblers, Surprisingly Jocular Warlocks and Super Juicy Watermelons.

Omg yrael

I can't stop the giggling now XD thanks for introducing me to this awkward zombie ❤

Her Pokemon series are my favourites.

comic146.png

Dice//

Banned

This, so much. Or of course the terrible, mean, super hard, mega-challenge that you can NEVER figure out but the solution was super easy as well.

I've also become really fond of bachelorette frog and thought GirlGAF could sympathize with a few (not all of course...
Though, I'd be lying if I said my bras were washed nearly as much as everything else
): http://imgur.com/gallery/4R8Jd

E6t0zNJ.jpg

bv70kBB.jpg

gbyOP8O.jpg

YcbtSY1.jpg

Last night had to buy some new bras, usu go to Victoria Secret since they make pretty decent ones. Turns out they almost doubled the price the bra I usu buy (lined, perfect coverage) from 25 to 44.50. Needless to say I didn't buy a bra, so I checked else where. Turns out the whole mall either didn't have my size (36c) or it was pretty expensive (I don't feel comfortable spending more than $30 on a bra...and that's really pushing it for me)

So what are some alternatives that are cheaper without sacrificing quality? Prefer lightly lined, no push-up, hopefully under $30. Please do not recommend online.

Kisaya

Haha ;p

Last night had to buy some new bras, usu go to Victoria Secret since they make pretty decent ones. Turns out they almost doubled the price the bra I usu buy (lined, perfect coverage) from 25 to 44.50. Needless to say I didn't buy a bra, so I checked else where. Turns out the whole mall either didn't have my size (36c) or it was pretty expensive (I don't feel comfortable spending more than $30 on a bra...and that's really pushing it for me)

So what are some alternatives that are cheaper without sacrificing quality? Prefer lightly lined, no push-up, hopefully under $30. Please do not recommend online.

Try H&M. I've gotten some great bras there for like $15

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
loooooooooool

That reminds me of this picture.
gKXnyZw.jpg
OMG hahahaha perfect

Always hated these stupid poses. There was this game, I can't remember which, maybe a Fire Emblem or something, where they showed a big ensemble cast grouped together, some were sitting down, others standing, etc. All the males were drawn in relaxed, natural poses, and all the females, even those that weren't necessarily scantily clad or anything, were drawn as posing for the viewer. Icky.

lil

GirlGAF, Infinite is truly too good for this world. *sobs* Just popped into the Renner thread and nope'd the f out, it's just gonna be a repeat of the PW thread. As much as I love E3, you know it's gonna get even worse when the non-regulars come back. I should stay clear of these kinds of threads for the next couple months, but the curiosity factor is too strong.

Nice to meet you, lil! FCBD is indeed awesome. :)

Sorry you and InfiniteNine had to deal with shitty friends. My family's the same way.
Hi Nudull, nice to meet you too!! I had so much fun; I wanted to start reading more comics since I started playing LEGO Marvel (lol) and it couldn't have fallen on a more perfect day!

Gah, sorry to hear your family's like that too. :( It's like being between a rock and a hard place.

Do you have a Marshalls near by? That store is amazing for bras; the secret is to check often because the selection really varies. Sometimes they have nothing in my size at all and other times I walk out with 2-3, hehe. But I get to buy Calvin Kleins for $9 when they usually go for $40-50. Otherwise, Gap has a great selection of no push-ups but they're getting soooo expensive, you'll have to wait for a sale to get in that $25 range.

I'd also just like to say that Bachelorette Frog is the most relevant meme I have ever seen in my life. I showed it to some ladies today and we were crying lmao.

meow

I got resized earlier this year and the only place I can find bras in my size that won't break the bank are online.
Is there a reason you don't want to do online other than you can't try them on? Because I've been using Amazon, they have tons and you can find some really nice bras for $15-20 or less – I'm talking bras where the exact same bra sells for $40+ at Macy's or Nordstrom. I literally have two bras sitting in my amazon cart right now for $32 that would cost me $77 on nordstrom's site. I'm not sure if it's prime only, but they also have free shipping + free returns so trying them on is pretty much hassle free for me, especially if I consider I'd otherwise have to actually get to a store.

I got resized earlier this year and the only place I can find bras in my size that won't break the bank are online.
Is there a reason you don't want to do online other than you can't try them on? Because I've been using Amazon, they have tons and you can find some really nice bras for $15-20 or less – I'm talking bras where the exact same bra sells for $40+ at Macy's or Nordstrom. I literally have two bras sitting in my amazon cart right now for $32 that would cost me $77 on nordstrom's site. I'm not sure if it's prime only, but they also have free shipping + free returns so trying them on is pretty much hassle free for me, especially if I consider I'd otherwise have to actually get to a store.

It's mostly a try before you buy mentality with me and clothes, so I seldom buy things I wear online. Even if I don't try it on, I at least want to feel the fabric/padding they use (ugh does that make me a creeper that I have to feel up bras before I buy them :/ )

Does anyone have experience with Target or JCPenney bras?

Dice//

Banned
loooooooooool

That reminds me of this picture.

Gotta get that last drop.

Ridiculous pose is ridiculous.... but I won't lie I'm pretty (pardon the pun) hung up on the giant couple picture in the back.

Amy Schumer has been on a roll lately.

Amy Schumer - No Makeup

It's so accurate lol

IRL With no makeup: "You look so tired"
With a little makeup: "You look so good!"

I don't actually mind going without makeup, but I *must* do skin care and cover up acne and other blemishes or I look like I'm breaking into first phase of zombie skin...
(maybe it's the birth control?)

Amy Schumer's 12 Angry Men episode was also phenominal, a great satire...and dark satire.

Also, since we're sort of on the topic. Bralettes are amazing.

Mistel

Banned
Speaking of wich; does anyone here have tips for hiding bruises on your face?

It's not what you think.
Concealer depending on the colour of the bruise. For red/pink use green based concealer, purple/blue use yellow based, and for yellow bruises you just use lavender based concealer.

Samara

Speaking of wich; does anyone here have tips for hiding bruises on your face?

It's not what you think.

CoverrFx is an absolutely incredible products. People with vitiligo and tattoos use it. When I had awful acne bruise, I'd just put some all over.

It was the cream solid foundation

Amalthea

Banned
Concealer depending on the colour of the bruise. For red/pink use green based concealer, purple/blue use yellow based, and for yellow bruises you just use lavender based concealer.

CoverrFx is an absolutely incredible products. People with vitiligo and tattoos use it. When I had awful acne bruise, I'd just put some all over.

It was the cream solid foundation
Thanks you two, I'll look into those.

Top Bottom