• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GirlGAF |OT 2| Shall I Compare Thee to a Summer's Eve?

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
I admit I rarely use them. But I can't part with them.

Honestly the main reason I don't use them much is the wired controller. The cables are too short and too annoying to use. That and an HDTV isn't optimal for older consoles.

That's why I re-bought many Genesis games on Steam, and I do play them there. xD

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl
When you get a PS4 and if you get Bloodborne let's co-op it up! (Or I can give you a loving tap with my saw cleaver. :3)

Honestly the PS4 has been gathering dust but it looks like more interesting stuff that's exclusive to it will come next year so it'll see some use then. Having a capable PC kinda zapped away any potential purchases towards it since PC ports are being more the norm.

I use my older consoles regularly and stream myself going through the Genesis and Saturn's library's right now since it's all new to me. I bounce back between older generations and this generations since I love stuff old and new. Looking to replay Sweet Home soon. :)

Also I bought an XRGB Framemeister so the older consoles look crystal clear on my monitor so I should get my moneys worth and use it since it costs a buttload. :p

(I still plan to get an RGB modded Famicom at some point.)

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
I'm always down for some coop in Bloodborne or Dark Souls 2 on the PS4. Or Dragon's Crown on the PS3. I also have DS1 and DS2 (non-Scholar version) on PC, and Borderlands 1 and 2. Feel free to add MorriganStark (both my PSN and Steam name) if you want to play some time, ladies. ^^

the ones im still using:
ps1, ps2, xbox 360, xbox one

the ones im hoarding:
atari, nintendo 16-bit thingo, snes, sfamicom, sega saturn, xbox

handheld:
nintendo thinger (like the old ones, i forgot what they were called), psp

the ones i gave away:
wii, gamecube, ps3

THEY ARE ALL MINE :D MINEEEEEEEEEEE

Cat

Also, the Xbox 360 was technically my Christmas gift from my husband to me last year because he knows I wanted to eventually play at least Lost Odyssey and Tales of Vesperia. He just happened to have some games he wanted to try too, lol.

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl
I think the only stuff I have that isn't mine is some Splatoon Amiibos and some Saturn games from a friend in the Saturn thread which got me to play Panzer Dragoon Saga which was pretty great since it costs like $400+ dollars when I looked to buy it. lol

Also congrats for your friend Cat I hope they're journey goes well. :)

Yrael

I have:

SNES
GC
N64
Wii
Wii U
PS2
PS3
PS4
XBone
Original Game Boy
Game Boy Colour
DS Lite
Original 3DS
n3DS
n3DS XL

Plus my gaming laptop. I miss my old Sega Megadrive.

Kimaka

PS1
PS2
Xbox 360
Gamecube
Wii
Sega Saturn
Dreamcast
Gameboy Color
Gameboy Advance
Nintendo DS
PSP

Barely use any of them. I am primarily a PC gamer now. I would like to get a PS4 in the future, but there aren't many games out yet that I want enough to justify a console purchase.

oh oh! Are we listing our consoles :D

I haaaaaaave

a gameboy pocket
a GBA
a DS
a 3DS
a SNES
an N64
an xbox
a WIIU
a PS3 and
a PS4

:D went through a big handhelds only phase for a while. Lately I really only use the PS4, WiiU and 3DS though. Oh, and my PC of course :p Gotta get my dota fix.

Been playing Yoshi's Wooly World. It's co-op mode seems specifically designed to end relationships.
oh no! But it's so cute :3

All the neogaf threads about women are so bizarre...

yeeeeeep. I try to avoid them now because they just stress me out and I can't let go ><

gaiages

Banned
My console list is pretty small, lol

PS4
PS3
Wii U
3DS (New)
Vita
PC + Tablet (for the VNs)

I had a bunch of consoles for a while, but eventually sold or "lost" most of them. My collection is pretty tame for a gamer.

My console list is pretty small, lol

PS4
PS3
Wii U
3DS (New)
Vita
PC + Tablet (for the VNs)

I had a bunch of consoles for a while, but eventually sold or "lost" most of them. My collection is pretty tame for a gamer.

lol, I don't think anyone who owns a Vita can say their collection is tame. You're basically only missing the Xbox as far as contemporary platforms go.

Cat

I think the only stuff I have that isn't mine is some Splatoon Amiibos and some Saturn games from a friend in the Saturn thread which got me to play Panzer Dragoon Saga which was pretty great since it costs like $400+ dollars when I looked to buy it. lol

Also congrats for your friend Cat I hope they're journey goes well. :)

Thanks, I hope so too. We're meeting up next week, really looking forward to it.

gaiages

Banned
lol, I don't think anyone who owns a Vita can say their collection is tame. You're basically only missing the Xbox as far as contemporary platforms go.

Haha, I suppose you have a point there, the Vita is a bit... niche :p. I've thought about getting a XBONE, but seeing as there's only a couple game I 'kinda sorta' want, I guess it'll wait a bit longer, haha

Haha, I suppose you have a point there, the Vita is a bit... niche :p. I've thought about getting a XBONE, but seeing as there's only a couple game I 'kinda sorta' want, I guess it'll wait a bit longer, haha

Yeah, I'm still holding out for PC release of Sunset Overdrive (which probably won't happen, but I can dream). I don't think there's anything else on the platform I'm interested in.

gaiages

Banned
Yeah, I'm still holding out for PC release of Sunset Overdrive (which probably won't happen, but I can dream). I don't think there's anything else on the platform I'm interested in.

Same. I'm sorta interested in trying Halo out (probably the MCC before 5), but honestly I can do without and there's no other incentive for me to even buy the console.

Leeness

Consoles, handhelds...lets see...

SNES
N64
GameCube
Wii
PS1
PS2
PS3
PS4
Xbox360
Dreamcast
Gameboy
Gameboy Colour
Gameboy Advance
DS
DS Lite
3DS
Genesis
PSP
PC/Mac
Smartphone

I don't own all of these anymore, but at one point, they passed through my hands haha.

Nudull

Banned
For me, I have/owned...

SNES
N64
GameCube
Wii
Wii U
Game Boy
Game Boy Color
Gameboy Advance
Gameboy Advance SP
DS
DS Lite
DSi
3DS
3DS XL
PS1
PS2
PS3
PS4
PSP
PS Vita
Genesis
Dreamcast
PC
iPhone

Amalthea

Banned
I've got:

Atari 2600 Model 2
Colecovision
NES (twice)
Megadrive (+ one of these cheapo MD emu handhelds)
Gameboy (a bunch at least)
Super NES
Game Gear
Saturn
PSOne
Virtual Boy
GB Pocket
N64 (twice technically)
Dreamcast
GBC (+ GB Boy Colour)
GBA
Pokemon mini
GCN
NDS
GB micro
Xbox 360
Wii
DSi
3DS
WiiU
3DS XL
New 3DS

and of course a Smartphone and a Computer.

Not included are single game systems like Game and Watch.

Oblivion

Fetishing muscular manly men in skintight hosery
Damn, y'all are gangsta.

Currently, I only have a Wii, which technically isn't even mine (borrowed/stole it for a couple of years from a fellow gaffer).

Oblivion

Fetishing muscular manly men in skintight hosery
Oh also, I'd just like to say that recently I've become a lot more sympathetic to the struggles of being a woman.

Since I started going to the gym, I started developing pecs. It's nothing super impressive mind you, but my chest is pretty shapely and defined now. So I was on my way to class earlier today and I was running down the stairs of the library, and my chest muscles were bouncing about. And guess what? It hurt!

Now I understand the plight of women, particularly those of the extra buxom variety. All these years I had no idea. D:

iirate

I tend to get rid of my consoles over time, and really have been focused more on handhelds and PC for a while now. My only modern systems are my 3DS XL and my PC, and I still have my Game Boy Micro, but my roommates do have a PS3, PS4, 2x Vitas, and a WiiU. We all have our own 3DSs, and one of them has maybe 7 of them herself. XD

Ekai

And I thought I owned a lot of consoles! At least compared to people I know in person, heh. But that could be because most of people I know in person only have one current gen console and think past consoles are garbage. : /

So, let's see....
PS1
N64
PSP
GCN
Technically NES and SNES
GBA
Wii
Xbox
Xbox 360.

Not actually a lot compared to most everyone here, heh.
Just got approved for posting on Gaf a day or so ago and eurgh. That topic made me feel pretty gross with how people were reacting.

And I thought I owned a lot of consoles! At least compared to people I know in person, heh. But that could be because most of people I know in person only have one current gen console and think past consoles are garbage. : /

So, let's see....
PS1
N64
PSP
GCN
Technically NES and SNES
GBA
Wii
Xbox
Xbox 360.

Not actually a lot compared to most everyone here, heh.
Just got approved for posting on Gaf a day or so ago and eurgh. That topic made me feel pretty gross with how people were reacting.
welcome!!!!

glad to have you :D

Scully

Neo Member
Oh wow, so many impressive collections! I only own the Xbox 360 and I might have my old PS1 somewhere back at my parents' apartment, but it's been broken for over a decade. Nowadays, I play mostly on PC (although the PS4 is pretty tempting).

When I'm stuck dealing with people who cling to their own ignorance and refuse to understand reality, I switch over to my making-it-worse mode. I've made up some weird crap and gotten people to swallow it. I'm pretty close in some of these threads to "explaining" how the mysterious, magical creatures known as *females* work.... I bet I could get about 30% of the respondents to fall for it. Would that count as trolling, or is there no way to troll a dimwit with their head that far up their own rear end?

Heh, well that's certainly one way to deal with it. I rarely post anything in those threads because it all just seems so pointless/hopeless. I wish I could stop reading them too.

On that note, I've been reading the fanservice thread in the gaming discussion and it really bothers me that the criticism of female sexualization in games is so often linked to prudishness or anti-sex attitudes.

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl
You're still the winner in my heart, husbando.

I'm pretty sure I have a couple of legacy consoles buried in my house or my mom's house or my brother's house somewhere, but the ones I actually possess at my fingertips and play on the reg are the PS3, New 3DS XL (swag-ass gift from a friend), and of course my PC. Really, mostly the PC- what else do you need but that?

Aww. <3
Yeah PC is my go to for everything. If Nier 2 didn't exist somehow I'd entertain the idea of selling off my PS4 at the moment.

Misha

Banned
Me:
Gameboy
GameCube
DS
Vita

Family:
Snes (till we gave it to my cousin in europe )
N64
Ps2
PS3

Heh, well that's certainly one way to deal with it. I rarely post anything in those threads because it all just seems so pointless/hopeless. I wish I could stop reading them too.
I actually started working on a chrome extension to ignore threads just so I don't keep clicking on them. Sucks that it won't work on mobile tho
Luckily I've mostly not posted in them so far. I don't really have much faith in my arguing skills.

Kinsei

Banned
I own
PS2 (Gift)
PS3 (Gift)
PS4
Gamecube
Wii (Gift)
Wii U
Xbox 360
Xbox One
DS (Gift)
DSi XL
n3DS XL
Vita

I also have a gaming PC.

Misha

Banned
Is there a women's fashion thread somewhere? I saw the men's one and when to search for a women's one but could only find one from 2 years ago

Misha

Banned
Yeah, I've never seen a thread for that either, but I'd totally be interested in it if one was created (or revived).

If you want to collab on the thread, I'd be down. No worries if not.

well heres the old one: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=513078

idk about the policy on bumping old OTs and there seems to be a lot of broken images. Interestingly enough though Anastasia did happen to post in that thread so I'd assume she'd definitely be interested in the creation/revival of one too.

But I'd rather not be the one to make one if theres one going to be made and theres other people willing. I'm in it for looking for advice and stuff and don't really have a good grasp on where to go for all that stuff

Anastasia

I wouldn't mind creating a new one. I'm not sure how active it would be, to be honest, given how the previous thread went. But if there is enough interest in one I'll do it. I can't give an exact date on when it will be up (I've never made a thread before, let alone an OT), but I'll try to have it up soon.

gaiages

Banned
well heres the old one: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=513078

idk about the policy on bumping old OTs and there seems to be a lot of broken images. Interestingly enough though Anastasia did happen to post in that thread so I'd assume she'd definitely be interested in the creation/revival of one too.

But I'd rather not be the one to make one if theres one going to be made and theres other people willing. I'm in it for looking for advice and stuff and don't really have a good grasp on where to go for all that stuff

Well if the thread's that old without activity, I don't see why you wouldn't be able to make a new one. If you're worried, you can ask a mod to make sure.

Also, I think this thread may help you (granted, I haven't looked through it, so ymmv) http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=450653

EDIT: Oh, I may have been a little too late :p

I wouldn't mind creating a new one. I'm not sure how active it would be, to be honest, given how the previous thread went. But if there is enough interest in one I'll do it. I can't give an exact date on when it will be up (I've never made a thread before, let alone an OT), but I'll try to have it up soon.

pls do !! <3 i'll definitely hang out there :D

Nudull

Banned

Would be cool. Thanks in advance. :)

Top Bottom