• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GirlGAF |OT 2| Shall I Compare Thee to a Summer's Eve?

I'm super super super sad that fiction is going but I don't want to put undue pressure on her if she's been experiencing unpleasantness cuz of online stuff :(

... Whatever. I'll definitely try to keep in touch with her off-GAF...

Sad, though.

:(

Fiction~ ilu~

someday

Banned
Hey guys, I just wanted to say, I am likely not going to be around anymore, but most of you know how to get a hold of me if you need me. Thanks for being a great community.
I obviously missed something but I understand saying goodbye. Hopefully I'll see you on fb occasionally!

Edit - I get it now. I don't fucking blame you. Think I'll take a long break from here as well. Jesus.

Rest

All these years later I still chuckle at what a fucking moron that guy is.
Were there posts deleted? The reaction to what I saw was a bit much for what was posted.

Leeness

Hey guys, I just wanted to say, I am likely not going to be around anymore, but most of you know how to get a hold of me if you need me. Thanks for being a great community.

Understandable but Fiction :'(

Please keep in touch through other means. I'm going to send you my FB as I don't think we've added each other before.

All the best <3

Rest

I'd like to say something here.

A moderator was removed. If I'm following the still-existing posts correctly, it was for refusing to allow other users to show emotional responses rather than arguments of pure logic. Your post is doing the same thing. You are policing the emotional reaction of another user, and judging their choices as having insufficient cause by your standards.

The fact that you've brought the issue to an unrelated thread to comment on the validity of his/her reaction makes me queasy. The fact that you bring it to the girl gaf thread in particular reads as mansplaining. I personally would like you to take that back to the whole rest of the forum.

Regarding this issue, I saw one post from Fiction and one post from Opiate. Fiction's made sense, Opiate's was misguided, but I understood it. But those two posts becoming some giant scandal on GAF doesn't make sense. What I'm asking is, were there more posts that were deleted? I'm not mansplaining by asking a question, I'm asking a question by asking a question.

Rest

Fiction choosing to absent herself for personal reasons doesn't qualify as a "giant scandal". Your post comes across as judging that decision.

I don't choose to discuss (in public) the conversation in question away from its original thread out of respect for Fiction.
Well I'm sorry that you interpreted it that way. Anyway, do you know the answer to my original question?

Rest

Really really?
Did I say anything about Fiction's decision?
Are you aware of the person who was banned for posting screenshots of a resulting discussion? Are you aware of people talking about what happened in hushed tones and sending PMs around because they don't want to discuss what happened openly? I'm not asking for a rundown of everything said, I'm asking if posts were deleted, because what I read wouldn't cause all that.

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
Rest...

2372.jpg

besada

Banned
Did I say anything about Fiction's decision?
Are you aware of the person who was banned for posting screenshots of a resulting discussion? Are you aware of people talking about what happened in hushed tones and sending PMs around because they don't want to discuss what happened openly? I'm not asking for a rundown of everything said, I'm asking if posts were deleted, because what I read wouldn't cause all that.

Has it occurred to you that it's none of your business? You're not a moderator here, you aren't one of the people involved. Fiction did what she needed to do, EL did what he needed to do. Move on.

Yah, I've gotten all weird. Some of its my own fault, some is probably health related.

I have more trouble when it's hot. If it's cold, I just wrap myself up in the bedding like a burrito and fight to the death to keep it.

weeburrito <3 too cute XD

aaahhh sleep is so important... I can't function properly without enough sleep ! hope you will resolve thingies and get back your zzzzz fabness.

what do you mean your own fault??? are you one of those people who cant shut your thoughts down before sleeps? ( im one of these people )

toss and turn. toss and turn. so tiring~

Anastasia

Do any of y'all regularly have trouble sleeping?

I used to until I had to go gluten free. Now I fall asleep pretty easily, and consistently sleep for 6-7 hours straight. Before then the quality of my sleep was terrible. It's still not always perfect, but it's way better since I changed my diet.

suzu

One time my doctor was pondering out loud whether to prescribe ambien when I had serious trouble sleeping. I was like, uhhh.. nah that's ok. lol

iirate

Do any of y'all regularly have trouble sleeping?

I have a lot of trouble sleeping that's related to alarm anxiety. If I have an alarm set, I'll always wake up a bit before it, but the absolute worst part is my quality of sleep diminishes too, as my mind feels consumed with getting up early enough in the morning. Setting an earlier alarm just means I wake up even earlier - the situation doesn't change.

This basically means I sleep less and less well during the week(normally 3-5 hours), then the weekend comes and I sleep 10 hours at a time. 4-6 hours is my normal sweet-spot, so 3-5 hours on the weekdays isn't really impacting my day too much, but I'd enjoy more stress-free nights.

I have a lot of trouble sleeping that's related to alarm anxiety. If I have an alarm set, I'll always wake up a bit before it, but the absolute worst part is my quality of sleep diminishes too, as my mind feels consumed with getting up early enough in the morning. Setting an earlier alarm just means I wake up even earlier - the situation doesn't change.

This basically means I sleep less and less well during the week(normally 3-5 hours), then the weekend comes and I sleep 10 hours at a time. 4-6 hours is my normal sweet-spot, so 3-5 hours on the weekdays isn't really impacting my day too much, but I'd enjoy more stress-free nights.

OMG R U ME??????

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
My sleep schedule is very wonky, I tend to go to bed at 4-5 AM and get up at like 2 PM... on weekdays. xD

If I have to get up early, like I did today, I try to gradually adjust in the previous days but it's hard and my body has trouble adapting. On those days I rely on coffee and sugar a lot. :p

I also have trouble falling asleep, even some times when I'm really tired.

I've wondered for some time how many others had something like that, I kind of do the same thing although luckily I benefit from it. When I feel it is useful for me to wake up earlier II'll just wake up early usually sleeping a few hours less than normal. But in my case the quality of sleep stays the same and I only start to notice the effects later in the day.

There has been a period though where I would wake up every day at the same time no matter how late I went to sleep, that was annoying.

Rags overnight creates awesome ringlets. My hair refuses to hold a curl, that's the only thing that will do it. Heat based products do nothing.

Lucian Cat

Kissed a mod for a tag; liked it
Help girls~

I'm tired of spending $50 every time I want my hair curled and looking professional. Worse than that, though, is the unreliability of salons.. hella flakey.

Anyone know anything about this hair curler? http://www.ulta.com/ulta/browse/productDetail.jsp?productId=xlsImpprod5580021

It looks too good to be true but I'm wondering if I should get it.. or if I should just get normal curlers and leave them in my hair overnight.

Thanks ahead of time. I want professional looking, Brazilian blowouty hair.

I have one of these http://www.priceattack.com.au/shop-by-brand/babyliss/babyliss-glam-conical-wand-32-19mm.html (or very similar I cant remember) and it gets the job done.
Example as best as I could find in my collection of pics. Not the best but gives an idea of what you can do.
43Jov2q.jpg

Beware the wands though. I have so many burns from being a dipstick and touching them with my arms ;__; or forehead that one time lol.

Samara

Help girls~

I'm tired of spending $50 every time I want my hair curled and looking professional. Worse than that, though, is the unreliability of salons.. hella flakey.

Anyone know anything about this hair curler? http://www.ulta.com/ulta/browse/productDetail.jsp?productId=xlsImpprod5580021

It looks too good to be true but I'm wondering if I should get it.. or if I should just get normal curlers and leave them in my hair overnight.

Thanks ahead of time. I want professional looking, Brazilian blowouty hair.

Blowout are straight. I think this one makes your hair have ringlets.
Have you tried pincurls? It makes the hair look fuller. Just curl , pin it and let it cool.

Scully

Neo Member
Hello everybody, I'm new around here!

Any good soft cup bra suggestions? I want something comfy to wear around the house, but I have hard time finding decent quality & affordable, non-underwired bras. Most of the soft cup bras sold in H&M etc. seem to use the S/M/L sizing, and the cups are always too small if I get the size that has tight enough band. I'm 32 E/F in UK sizes and I usually wear one of those low support sports bras when I'm at home, but I would much prefer wearing something prettier that hooks at the back. I have no idea why finding basic home bras is this difficult...

Samara

Welcome Scully.

Have you tried bralette? They are loose bras/ camisole.

I have the calvin klein one, and its more in the line of lingerie (and its baby blue with a lot of lace) But its pretty and comfy

Scully

Neo Member
Yeah, I have tried a few bralettes but I haven't found one that works for me. I keep falling out of them pretty much constantly. Which is unfortunate, because otherwise the type of lacy bralette you linked is right up my alley :/

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
Every time there is a female squirting thread, I can't help but to SMH at how many men seem to view us as some sort of otherworldly, magical creature.

Someone actually seriously asked if maybe female squirters have a magical, unknown, undiscovered organ in our bodies that holds fluid. It's located somewhere near the bladder, but it's not the bladder.
Holy shit... please tell me they were joking

Top Bottom