• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GirlGAF |OT 2| Shall I Compare Thee to a Summer's Eve?

Not really. It just depends on how dirty you get and how much you care.

Since I don't sweat much, if at all, and since my bra is usually not exposed to anything dirty, it doesn't behoove me to wash them frequently. But I don't think people who wash more frequently are wrong, especially if they sweat more than I do.

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
Well obviously, after training I'll wash them, that shit is nasty. And I do sweat a lot during hot summer days. But in the winter, when I stay home all day or mostly, I don't sweat much, but I still send any non-jeans, non-pyjamas article of clothing to laundry after one wear. :\

Misha

Banned
Uh... I admit being one of the boys now. I have been washing my bras after one use, always.

Have I been doing it wrong all this time??
I wouldn't say i'm the best authority buuutt
at my house its probably more like 8 days per bra on average. (one for sports bras ofc) (also thats a guess for everyone else since i wash my stuff separately usually)

tbh i wouldn't have brought it up in the first place without the image and i would have claimed plausible deniability if there weren't so many that did the same since i assumed less often would be weird.
I find that even with the bag washing can mess with bras too much so when i find one that i really like i avoid washing unless it gets bad.

but also i didn't even have problems with sweat when i was wearing two layers of shirts + 1 winter coat in a car without airconditioning in 100 degree weather (no idea how that worked or how i found that comfortable :|)

gaiages

Banned
In the summer, I usually change my bras once a day, since it's hot as balls in Florida and I sweat a lot. In the winter, though, I'll use the same bra for probably... three days or so? I just don't sweat, so there's no need to add to the laundry bin and wash them (and with my bad luck with bras in the laundry, have them catch on something or get stretched out or whatever).

Of course underwear is still once a day.

As an aside, I wish bras weren't so damn expensive so it wasn't a funeral for my wallet every time the washing machine ruins one. ._.

gaiages

Banned
I wear underwires, so that might make a difference. It's so hard to find a bra that is comfortable and supportive and when I wash them they get ruined pretty easy. Like I said in the thread, the not perfect/sports bras get washed on the reg, but the perfect bra? Only when it's actually dirty. I don't sweat a lot, so it's not a big deal.

Oh yeah, I wear underwires too, I've found that some of my underwired bras got ruined fast, yet a few of my others have lasted 5+ years, regardless of how much I've spent on them. To be honest none of my bras fit quite right, nor have they ever, but I've more or less given up on it for now. Maybe after I've taken care of my medical and dental needs I will go on the search for the perfect bra for me.

I'm typically just one to throw most of my clothes on my floor, then scoop them up in the laundry bin when it's wash time, so I don't separate anything out, lol. So typically the two bras I did wear get cleaned then.

suzu

Speaking of bras, the underwire popped out a couple of days ago in the wash. I sewed(?) it back in instead of tossing it out. lol

I used to feel kinda gross not washing my bras after every use until I saw this diagram:

j7lzpZpl.jpg

now I have become a lot more lazy.

Anyone shop on modcloth.com before?
They seem to have a lot of sweaters I like and I might do some Christmas shopping from there (though rn it seems like I'm going to be buying more for myself)
got this which i think looks really nice http://www.modcloth.com/shop/pullovers-sweaters/amiable-accessory-top

yes :D Quality can vary but everything is so cute. I actually bought something with that friend discount with another gaffer a while back, which is how I discovered it. I have no money atm but if that discount is still a thing I'm sure you could find other willing girls here!

Leeness

I'm a habitual non-bra-washer unless it gets stank. Mine are just generally hard to come by and cost a lot, so I get scared of the underwire coming out in the wash :(

/gross

I HATE washing bras in the machine because it fucks up the straps, and by hand I'm always paranoid I don't wash out all the soap (because of my padded bras).

same here. Washing bras is a lose-lose.

I usually try to hand wash them, but that takes forever because roughly half on my bras are bright colours that run and the other very dainty and even hand scrubbing I'm afraid they'll break.

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
I don't wear underwired bras (find them too uncomfortable, and my boobs are small enough that they don't require the additional support), but... well, it seems I have been doing it wrong all this time, as I'm pretty much the only one so far washing them after 1 day. o_O

Time to reconsider some things... and perhaps save money. Holy shit they're expensive. :(

Swamped

Banned
I don't wear underwired bras (find them too uncomfortable, and my boobs are small enough that they don't require the additional support), but... well, it seems I have been doing it wrong all this time, as I'm pretty much the only one so far washing them after 1 day. o_O

Time to reconsider some things... and perhaps save money. Holy shit they're expensive. :(

No, well, actually im the same way :/ I thought i was doing it wrong! I machine wash bras after a day of use, maaaaybe 2 days if it's one of my favorite ones. Most of my bras don't have underwire either. I've been doing this my entire life, didn't even realize that there were other solutions lol!

Misha

Banned
yes :D Quality can vary but everything is so cute. I actually bought something with that friend discount with another gaffer a while back, which is how I discovered it. I have no money atm but if that discount is still a thing I'm sure you could find other willing girls here!

I wasn't actually aware of that one. Already placed my order but if I'm going to buy something else I'll keep that in mind

Samimista

In the summer, I usually change my bras once a day, since it's hot as balls in Florida and I sweat a lot. In the winter, though, I'll use the same bra for probably... three days or so? I just don't sweat, so there's no need to add to the laundry bin and wash them (and with my bad luck with bras in the laundry, have them catch on something or get stretched out or whatever).

As an aside, I wish bras weren't so damn expensive so it wasn't a funeral for my wallet every time the washing machine ruins one. ._.

Nice to see another Floridian on here. :) It's slowly getting chilly where I live so I'm glad I can start wearing long sleeved shirts/sweaters and boots.

And I agree with you about how expensive bras can be. If I was a millionaire, I'd buy so many Victoria Secret undergarments, haha.

No, well, actually im the same way :/ I thought i was doing it wrong! I machine wash bras after a day of use, maaaaybe 2 days if it's one of my favorite ones. Most of my bras don't have underwire either. I've been doing this my entire life, didn't even realize that there were other solutions lol!

Count me in. I've actually never wore an underwire bra before. I usually wear the wire-free bras which are very comfortable.

gaiages

Banned
Nice to see another Floridian on here. :) It's slowly getting chilly where I live so I'm glad I can start wearing long sleeved shirts/sweaters and boots.

And I agree with you about how expensive bras can be. If I was a millionaire, I'd buy so many Victoria Secret undergarments, haha.

Count me in. I've actually never wore an underwire bra before. I usually wear the wire-free bras which are very comfortable.

Hi <3~ It's still like 80 degrees here today, but I think that's because of the humidity from the rain. Hopefully it'll finally be a bit colder after the rain comes through, I'd like to not be in shorts for Xmas ;)

Samimista

Hi <3~ It's still like 80 degrees here today, but I think that's because of the humidity from the rain. Hopefully it'll finally be a bit colder after the rain comes through, I'd like to not be in shorts for Xmas ;)

I live in Brooksville, and normally by mid November it gets chilly here. But, so far this winter has been somewhat warm which is rather surprising.

I'm hoping it gets a bit colder so I can wear my boots. I haven't been able to wear them since last February, haha.

Nice to meet you, by the way. :) I've been lurking on NeoGAF since E3 2013 (though, my account didn't get approved until two weeks ago), and I've never seen this thread until now. It's nice to know its here for make-up advice and what not.

meowtapes

Neo Member
Not gonna lie, I'm pretty happy about Florida's weather because I'm going to Disney World from the 28th to the 3rd. So ready for 80 degree weather!!! It's 32 here, which is actually mild for Chicago. I have to get all my summer clothes out of storage haha

Samimista

Not gonna lie, I'm pretty happy about Florida's weather because I'm going to Disney World from the 28th to the 3rd. So ready for 80 degree weather!!! It's 32 here, which is actually mild for Chicago. I have to get all my summer clothes out of storage haha

Oh, wow. I can't imagine being in 32 degree weather. Anything under 70 is just too cold for me, haha.

I hope you enjoy it down here. :) I haven't been to Disney World in ages, but Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party is magical. It has a fun parade, characters hand you out cookies and hot chocolate, and you can see Mickey and Minnie's houses decorated. I'm not sure how long the event lasts for, but you should check it out if you can.

Also, I'd recommend going to Downtown Disney. The parking is free, and there's loads of shops.

meowtapes

Neo Member
Oh, wow. I can't imagine being in 32 degree weather. Anything under 70 is just too cold for me, haha.

I hope you enjoy it down here. :) I haven't been to Disney World in ages, but Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party is magical. It has a fun parade, characters hand you out cookies and hot chocolate, and you can see Mickey and Minnie's houses decorated. I'm not sure how long the event lasts for, but you should check it out if you can.

Also, I'd recommend going to Downtown Disney. The parking is free, and there's loads of shops.

Thanks! Yeah, I haven't been since I was very young. I know we're planning on going to Downtown Disney for my birthday dinner.

Samimista

Thanks! Yeah, I haven't been since I was very young. I know we're planning on going to Downtown Disney for my birthday dinner.

Anytime. :)

I haven't been to Disney World in about nine years. I'd like to go again someday, though. The Winnie the Pooh ride is fun.

Oh, when's your Birthday?

meowtapes

Neo Member
Anytime. :)

I haven't been to Disney World in about nine years. I'd like to go again someday, though. The Winnie the Pooh ride is fun.

Oh, when's your Birthday?

December 30th! We are going to The Boathouse. New Years Eve we are doing Epcot and drinking around the world haha I can't wait.

Nudull

Banned

Wow, small world. Floridian, here. :)

Samimista

December 30th! We are going to The Boathouse. New Years Eve we are doing Epcot and drinking around the world haha I can't wait.

Well, hey, I hope you have a wonderful time. I'll be sure to send you a Birthday PM on December 30th. :) Around the world within a few hours. Sure beats Around the World in 80 Days, haha. I've never been to Epcot so let me know how it is.

Wow, small world. Floridian, here. :)

Haha, it seems we have a Florida squad on here. :D

Nice icon, by the way. Margaret is lovely.

Pau

Ex-Florida squad member reporting.

Aww lucky! You get to go to Disney World and you live in the same city as Kisaya. I'm jealous! :p

I hope you have a great experience and birthday!

gaiages

Banned
Wow, lots of people from Florida, lol xD I'm not a FL native myself, I moved from NY... so glad I don't have to deal with snow anymore! I really... dislike snow, lol.

I kinda wish there was like a North FL/GA GAF meetup though (I'm in Tallahassee). I'd love to get together with some GAFfers and chill but without a car/semi-limited funds it's a little hard :p

Samimista

Yup! Get all the seasons now. Well, kind of. In NYC so fall isn't as nice as it could be. :p

Ah, New York. I don't remember being in the city, but I was lived in Shirley until I was about six or seven. Just curious, but are you used to walking on ice? I can imagine I'd be sprinkling salt with each step, haha.

Wow, lots of people from Florida, lol xD I'm not a FL native myself, I moved from NY... so glad I don't have to deal with snow anymore! I really... dislike snow, lol.

I kinda wish there was like a North FL/GA GAF meetup though (I'm in Tallahassee). I'd love to get together with some GAFfers and chill but without a car/semi-limited funds it's a little hard :p

Looks like we have something else in common. :) I was born in Port Jefferson and lived in Shirley. Haven't been to New York in about four or five years, though. How long have you lived in FL for?

I'd love that. Most of my internet friends who do live in Florida usually live in Fort Lauderdale or Hollywood, haha. So it's nice knowing someone who lives in North FL. I don't think I've been to Tallahassee but the beaches sure look beautiful. :)

But same here with the lack of car, haha. Though, I might end up learning once the summer comes.

gaiages

Banned

Woah, crazy xD I've lived in Tallahassee for like... 8, going on 9 years now? It's been a while, lol. I was born in Buffalo, though I spent the majority of my childhood split between there and Virginia.

(Tallahassee is landlocked, though, no beaches here :( Destin and Panama City are relatively short drives though :D)

Oh and I know how to drive and have a license and all that, but... damn, cars are expensive. Maybe when I get a new job.

meowtapes

Neo Member
Thanks everyone <3 I'm pretty excited! We've been planning this trip all year and I can't believe it's in 11 days!

If anyone's interested I can post some of the pictures when I get back :) I'm getting a Canon Rebel T5i for Christmas so there should be some good ones.

Pau

Ah, New York. I don't remember being in the city, but I was lived in Shirley until I was about six or seven. Just curious, but are you used to walking on ice? I can imagine I'd be sprinkling salt with each step, haha.
It's not too bad. I've slipped maybe twice in four years. Just don't run. D:

I'm also technically not a native Floridian, but I moved there from Colombia when I was very little.

Samimista

I apologize about the late response everyone. :)

Woah, crazy xD I've lived in Tallahassee for like... 8, going on 9 years now? It's been a while, lol. I was born in Buffalo, though I spent the majority of my childhood split between there and Virginia.

(Tallahassee is landlocked, though, no beaches here :( Destin and Panama City are relatively short drives though :D)

Oh and I know how to drive and have a license and all that, but... damn, cars are expensive. Maybe when I get a new job.

Oh, wow. So you've been in Florida for quite awhile. I've been here since 2002, and love it. :) It's very laidback in Brooksville.

Ah, Virginia must have been nice.

What ashame Tallahassee doesn't have any beaches. Have you been to Destin or Panama City?

Haha. You got that right. It would be nice if Santa could give away free cars.

Thanks everyone <3 I'm pretty excited! We've been planning this trip all year and I can't believe it's in 11 days!

If anyone's interested I can post some of the pictures when I get back :) I'm getting a Canon Rebel T5i for Christmas so there should be some good ones.

Anytime. <3 And I'd love to see some pictures. Also let me know how your trip is. I've never been to Epcot so I'd love to hear all about it.

It's not too bad. I've slipped maybe twice in four years. Just don't run. D:

I'm also technically not a native Floridian, but I moved there from Colombia when I was very little.

Hey, twice in four years isn't so bad. :) With my balance, I'd probably be walking like a drunk on ice, haha.

And since I've seen a few users have mentioned wanting to go to New York, what would you guys do there? Or if you currently live in New York, what do you like to do?

If I ever go to New York again, I would love to go to Nintendo World and buy a whole lot of plushies. Collecting plushies is one of my main hobbies in real life. Especially when it comes to game related plushies. :)

But besides that, I'd love to visit Sea Cliff. I've never been there, but my mom says it's a very quaint village. From looking at the pictures, it kinda reminds me of Stars Hollow from Gilmore Girls.

gaiages

Banned
I apologize about the late response everyone. :)

Oh, wow. So you've been in Florida for quite awhile. I've been here since 2002, and love it. :) It's very laidback in Brooksville.

Ah, Virginia must have been nice.

What ashame Tallahassee doesn't have any beaches. Have you been to Destin or Panama City?

Haha. You got that right. It would be nice if Santa could give away free cars.

Oh yeah, I really liked VA when I lived there. Have to go back sometime. :eek:

I've been to Destin once, it's very nice if someone else is paying for you, if you know what I mean, lol. ;D Very pricey. Never been to Panama City, but it's usually the more popular beach spot for the non-rich Tallahassee residents (which is to say, most of them). Maybe I'll go sometime, but I prefer going to Wakulla Springs over a beach anyway, more chill and a fair amount closer... threats of alligators aside :p

*jealous of your winters in the NA hemisphere*

*is melting in 5 days heatwave in australia*

yesterday was like 110F or something horrid like that

COME ON COOL CHANGE

Swamped

Banned
oh that sounds so delightful *_____*

this year's summer has been super odd for melbourne. it started VERY early???? like we had 30something degrees days in october. was bizarre :x

Hey, what's the weather in Melbourne usually like in mid-July? Thinking of planning a trip down there.

Hey, what's the weather in Melbourne usually like in mid-July? Thinking of planning a trip down there.

rainy and wet! ^___^ high temps around 19Cish and at nights it's like... 5C. love it.

not the best month for pretty sight seeing, though. if you want JUST PERFECT weather, I'd recommend march/april (for autumn) or september (for spring). where you'll get around 24C days, with blue skies and everything

is.... is it for your honimoon? <33333333333

Swamped

Banned
rainy and wet! ^___^ high temps around 19Cish and at nights it's like... 5C. love it.

not the best month for pretty sight seeing, though. if you want JUST PERFECT weather, I'd recommend march/april (for autumn) or september (for spring). where you'll get around 24C days, with blue skies and everything

is.... is it for your honimoon? <33333333333

Oh good to know.

And hehehehe maaaaaaybe ;) We're just going through various options. I really want to go to Palau which I heard is easy to get to from Australia, and since I've never been to Aus I would love to spend some time there too.

I detest the cold. Gimme a nice dry heat any day. Anything below 75 is too cold.

.....and I moved from New Mexico to the PNW.

*cry* I'm always cold now. Everyone jokes that I only stop wearing my coat like, a few weeks a year.

aawwwwwwww ;____;

wish we can trade weather, then i'll ship you the dry heat we've got down here :x

Oh good to know.

And hehehehe maaaaaaybe ;) We're just going through various options. I really want to go to Palau which I heard is easy to get to from Australia, and since I've never been to Aus I would love to spend some time there too.

ohohohoho~ ^_____^

girlgaf, swampie's fiance proposed to her on thanksgiving~ *broadcasts the awesome news* and i believe she said YES

^_______^

Top Bottom