• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GirlGAF |OT 2| Shall I Compare Thee to a Summer's Eve?

Yes! I got the entire set from Aphogee. The treatment, which you can do at home as well, the shampoo and 2 min treatment which I use as a mask or conditioner. This whole series is absolutely amazing!

Also for treatment, I've heard great things about Olaplex. I know professional salons use it while bleaching to reduce the damage done, but there is a Olaplex N3 hair perfecter product, which can be used at home weekly. I have it on my wishlist next and I can't wait to try it out.

thanks, will check it out! :3

Misha

Banned
That pink hair does look great :O

speaking of hair, anyone know what to do with hair that gets greasy easily? apparently it runs in the family and all of us just get extra showers when its a problem. I'm trying the whole don't shampoo everyday thing again but it usually just means I constantly have greasy hair till I go back to my normal routine

speaking of hair, anyone know what to do with hair that gets greasy easily? apparently it runs in the family and all of us just get extra showers when its a problem. I'm trying the whole don't shampoo everyday thing again but it usually just means I constantly have greasy hair till I go back to my normal routine

I think both underwashing and overwashing are unhealthy extremes for your hair. I don't know how it will be since you say greasy hair runs in the family, but most people have optimal results when they only wash their hair every second or third day.

You might also want to look into dry shampoo or lemon juice.

Misha

Banned
I think both underwashing and overwashing are unhealthy extremes for your hair. I don't know how it will be since you say greasy hair runs in the family, but most people have optimal results when they only wash their hair every second or third day.

You might also want to look into dry shampoo or lemon juice.

Thanks for the suggestions. I tried the lemon(well I used lime) thing today and so far it seems that it dried pretty well. Apparently using it is a good way to start moving to a 2-3 day thing so I'm going to try that for awhile and see what happens.

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl
Anyone try the consultations/make overs at Sephora? There is one in my mall and kinda interesting in getting stuff that matches me better than what I'm using atm.

I love it too. :D

Took me 4 tries to get the right shade of pink. Started off with super hot purple-pink, but finally managed to get what I wanted:

gzJVdBI.jpg

(it even matches my shirt, I know!)

koriiiiiiiiii *____* that's an amazing hair colour *______*

so beautiful! soft and very lovely!!!

Pau

Anyone try the consultations/make overs at Sephora? There is one in my mall and kinda interesting in getting stuff that matches me better than what I'm using atm.
I've been thinking the same, but my sister says she really dislikes how they do make up. :/ Though I imagine it differs widely depending on the store/artist you're matched up with.

Koriandrr

I don't know about Sephora as I'm in the UK, but we have that in MAC/Malls here and they're usually pretty good (and free!) and don't feel bad about asking the guys to try a few different things out. They don't know you and what you like, unless you tell them specifically.

koriiiiiiiiii *____* that's an amazing hair colour *______*

so beautiful! soft and very lovely!!!

Thank you so much <3

Thanks <3

What's everyone's opinion on waist trainers?

No opinion on moderate shapewear. I've never had a need for any but I don't have a problem with people who think they do. I don't like severe waist training to force an extreme hourglass figure, though. That seems like the product of a misunderstanding and an unhealthy addiction.

It's whatever to me. I typically don't wear things like that. Did anyone here like anything that came out of the last two game events?

Psychonauts 2! (I'm hoping you get to play as Lili during some point of the game, but maybe that wouldn't work since she doesn't have the acrobat background).

Kisaya

No opinion on moderate shapewear. I've never had a need for any but I don't have a problem with people who think they do. I don't like severe waist training to force an extreme hourglass figure, though. That seems like the product of a misunderstanding and an unhealthy addiction.

For me, it's not so much the hourglass shape since I already have one, but to flatten my tummy. Just a little extra help with hiding it until I lose the weight.

I ask because I'm considering buying one, but I'm not sure from where. I definitely don't want to spend $100+ on some of the ones I've seen, and although I see cheaper ones on Amazon I'm not sure if they'll be as effective :/

For me, it's not so much the hourglass shape since I already have one, but to flatten my tummy. Just a little extra help with hiding it until I lose the weight.

I ask because I'm considering buying one, but I'm not sure from where. I definitely don't want to spend $100+ on some of the ones I've seen, and although I see cheaper ones on Amazon I'm not sure if they'll be as effective :/

Yeah, that's what I assumed. It seems to work well for people with a mild weight problem, but again I've never had the need for one so I can't speak to any experience.

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl
It's whatever to me. I typically don't wear things like that. Did anyone here like anything that came out of the last two game events?

Well I've been using them to flatten my tummy until it flattens with exercise.

On the game event front I'm looking forward to quite a few things like:
Ni-Oh
FF7R (More interested in this now that it's a Action RPG.)
Street Fighter V
Full Throttle
Ace Combat 7
Rez Infinite
Yakuza 0
Psychonauts 2
Ratchet and Clank
King of Fighters XIV

Waiting on:
Ni no Kuni 2 (First one was kinda boring. ZzZ)

I'm pretty sure there is one thing I'm forgetting there though since I'm just tired as hell right now.

Cat

Did anyone here like anything that came out of the last two game events?

FF7 Remake HYPE!!!

Those PS2-to-PS4 games looked like stuff I might want to try since I hadn't played many of them. I don't really play KOF so much as really like Iori, but I'm keeping an eye on that title (KOF14) as well. My hubby's interested in Ace Combat 7.

gaiages

Banned

I'm glad I'm not the only one that thinks that. The original is hyped to Kingdom Come, but I don't really like it. I'm still excited about 2 for those that do like it, though.

Personally, I'm always curious about FF7R. Some of the VR stuff looked neat too. And Psychonauts 2 is awesome of course, but I'm a bit... wary of Double Fine these days. I wasn't a fan of how they handled Broken Age.

As for waist trainers, I've considered them since most of my weight falls into my midriff and causes a nasty muffin top that's hard to hide when I wear anything but the baggiest of pants (but wearing baggier pants means they don't fit anywhere else right... shopping cheap for an hourglass figure is tough), but I never made up my mind. I had a coworker multiple years back that tried it and she said she saw results, but I didn't really see a different to be honest (she never had a big midriff in the first place... all her weight fell to her backside).

Nudull

Banned
Psychonauts 2
Batman by Telltale
The Walking Dead: Michonne
FF7R
Ace Combat 7
Full Throttle Remastered
Day of the Tentacle Remastered
Rez Infinite
Ni no Kuni 2

Pretty decent, as far as my tastes go.

Well I've been using them to flatten my tummy until it flattens with exercise.

On the game event front I'm looking forward to quite a few things like:
Ni-Oh
FF7R (More interested in this now that it's a Action RPG.)
Street Fighter V
Full Throttle
Ace Combat 7
Rez Infinite
Yakuza 0
Psychonauts 2
Ratchet and Clank
King of Fighters XIV

Waiting on:

I'm pretty sure there is one thing I'm forgetting there though since I'm just tired as hell right now.

Psychonauts 2
Batman by Telltale
The Walking Dead: Michonne
FF7R
Ace Combat 7
Full Throttle Remastered
Day of the Tentacle Remastered
Rez Infinite
Ni no Kuni 2

Pretty decent, as far as my tastes go.

I never played the first Psychonauts. I need to get around to that eventually.

FF7 Remake HYPE!!!

Those PS2-to-PS4 games looked like stuff I might want to try since I hadn't played many of them. I don't really play KOF so much as really like Iori, but I'm keeping an eye on that title (KOF14) as well. My hubby's interested in Ace Combat 7.

The FFVII remake looks good, but I hope it doesn't end up being episodic.

Ekai

I never much cared for FF7 (It's to me one of the most overrated games of all time-if not the most) but if it's action rpg style now I may check it out sometime. I'd be playing it for gameplay alone though since the story/characters never appealed to me. I tried but stopped playing quite a ways in. I don't have a ps4 though so it'd have to come to another system. Can't really budget buying a whole new system right now. If I were to buy another system, it would be a PS4 anyway. But I can't justify that expense at all.

I'm glad too that we're getting Yakuza 0 and Ace Combat 7. Rez Infinite and Psychonauts 2 too, of course.
Otherwise I'm not 100% aware of everything that was announced. I didn't see the Playstation event on Saturday but I did see the Game Awards.

I never much cared for FF7 (It's to me one of the most overrated games of all time-if not the most) but if it's action rpg style now I may check it out sometime. I'd be playing it for gameplay alone though since the story/characters never appealed to me. I tried but stopped playing quite a ways in. I don't have a ps4 though so it'd have to come to another system. Can't really budget buying a whole new system right now. If I were to buy another system, it would be a PS4 anyway. But I can't justify that expense at all.

I'm glad too that we're getting Yakuza 0 and Ace Combat 7. Rez Infinite and Psychonauts 2 too, of course.
Otherwise I'm not 100% aware of everything that was announced. I didn't see the Playstation event on Saturday but I did see the Game Awards.

i also dont have a ps4 hahaha

Cat

The FFVII remake looks good, but I hope it doesn't end up being episodic.

The latest news has me certain it is so the concern is more "Can do they do it right?" "Does that mean I'll get to play it in my lifetime?" and most importantly "How would that setup affect Vincent Valentine?"

Cat

Priorities in the right place. *high five*

tumblr_murrjt7bt11rdzuduo1_500.gif

Will he be there?

Will he still have his limit break?

Will his limit break still have all four horror-themed beings or just the two from Dirge of Cerberus? I mainly liked Galian Beast and Chaos anyway, but this is still significant to know.

Will Chaos be classic FF7 look, DoC look, new look? Can I pay for any preferred looks? Yes, I am willing to pay a small fee, Square Enix, if you've got some cool customizations worth my while. See the following work by pupukachoo for inspiration:

limit_chaos_by_pu_sama.jpg

Will we still see him fly in a loop out of his coffin when the party meets him?

And so on...well, actually, that's mainly it, but I might think of more after I post, so I have to leave that opening.

Koriandrr

So I got a new haul from ColourPop.
I'm not even in the US, so I ask my US friend to buy them for me and ship them to my address in the UK, as they don't ship here. This is how much I love their eyeshadows.

I got the Xmas palette and they have such gorgeous dark purples and pure blacks... but I've never really worn dark shadows before, so I'm a bit scared of fucking it up lol. What are good ways to wear dark eyeshadow casually without looking cheap/trashy? No offense to the 'trashy' look of course, I love it and I'm sure I'll do it, but I'm talking about more of a daily look.

Samara

So I got a new haul from ColourPop.
I'm not even in the US, so I ask my US friend to buy them for me and ship them to my address in the UK, as they don't ship here. This is how much I love their eyeshadows.

I got the Xmas palette and they have such gorgeous dark purples and pure blacks... but I've never really worn dark shadows before, so I'm a bit scared of fucking it up lol. What are good ways to wear dark eyeshadow casually without looking cheap/trashy? No offense to the 'trashy' look of course, I love it and I'm sure I'll do it, but I'm talking about more of a daily look.

Wearing a heavy lid with dark shadow=light/medium lipstick.

You could ask a MAC employee to give you a short lesson. (theyll probably try to sell you their brushes) to blend or some shit.

Now thanks to Youtube, the trashy look is less seen. Bushy drawn brows and ''baked strobing'' is in.

Some nice dark purple tutorials

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lq_MuxxLeU0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DmEP7GlKSbQ

hehehehe
https://www.facebook.com/MrCianTwomey/videos/815843668547904/?pnref=story

Modcloth can be really iffy on sizes and quality. Some items will be fantastic and fit perfectly; others will be way too big or two small, and I've gotten a few things with really shoddy stitching, crooked zippers, etc. Read the reviews before buying. I've never had an issue with a sweater, but there's always a first time.

Misha

Banned
Yeah, I bought a couple of dresses from there. It's kinda pricey, but that's what sales are for. lol
Yeah they had a ton of extra stuff at 25% off a couple days ago so I took advantage of that. Otherwise a bit more expensive than I'd like
Modcloth can be really iffy on sizes and quality. Some items will be fantastic and fit perfectly; others will be way too big or two small, and I've gotten a few things with really shoddy stitching, crooked zippers, etc. Read the reviews before buying. I've never had an issue with a sweater, but there's always a first time.
Are those generally things that are appropriately priced? Cause I saw a bunch of coats that were cheaper than almost everything else and it seemed too good to be true

Top Bottom