• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GirlGAF |OT 2| Shall I Compare Thee to a Summer's Eve?

Hey, what's the weather in Melbourne usually like in mid-July? Thinking of planning a trip down there.
Cooooold and windy.

I detest the cold. Gimme a nice dry heat any day. Anything below 75 is too cold.

.....and I moved from New Mexico to the PNW.

*cry* I'm always cold now. Everyone jokes that I only stop wearing my coat like, a few weeks a year.

Me too >< I'm really weak when it comes to the cold, but the heat doesn't bother me much. I don't know what I'm going to do when I have to leave Brisbane ;.; All the jobs I want are in the capital, which is by all accounts pretty chilly.

Lucian Cat

Kissed a mod for a tag; liked it
rainy and wet! ^___^ high temps around 19Cish and at nights it's like... 5C. love it.

not the best month for pretty sight seeing, though. if you want JUST PERFECT weather, I'd recommend march/april (for autumn) or september (for spring). where you'll get around 24C days, with blue skies and everything

is.... is it for your honimoon? <33333333333
Forgot you live in melbs. I'll be there for Australia day with no plans now that soundwave is cancelled. Any suggestions? So far all I have planned is drinking with some other gaffers.

Forgot you live in melbs. I'll be there for Australia day with no plans now that soundwave is cancelled. Any suggestions? So far all I have planned is drinking with some other gaffers.

tbh i have no idea of what's going on atm :< sorry luci~

*is an introvert houserat*

._____.;;;;;;

but drinking with gaffers sounds fab :>

meowtapes

Neo Member
My boyfriend surprised me last night that him and I are leaving one day earlier than his family and going to Universal Studios just the two of us.

Dying.

Leeness

I sent out a couple of gift cards from Amazon to family members this year and accidentally spelled one of the email addresses wrong. Amazon was quick to point me to a solution, and says the first one is no longer valid, but I feel bad that some poor someone with a girly email address is going to be like 'Oh wow someone sent me a gift card! ....but it doesn't work :*( " lol

My conscious sucks.

Lmao, aw. Don't worry, I'd feel bad too (and honestly, if I had a funds (and it wasn't a huge amount) I'd probably just leave it and let them have it haha).

In Christmas news, I always feel warm and fuzzy this time of year because I always help with a Christmas family at work (family needing help, we sponsor them for Christmas). The family that gets us always lucks out though...we're a law firm lol. This year we had $2500 to work with for a single mom and her two kids. :) They generally expect a hamper of food and maybe a gift or two for any children in the family... The law firm rolls up with $2500 in gifts, family day trips and gift cards to help with bills and groceries for the next few months lol. I hope they have a good one tomorrow. :)

It was ALSO awesome because we got an email from the family we sponsored last year who said they're doing better this year...so they paid it forward and sponsored a family this year. :')

gaiages

Banned
Lmao, aw. Don't worry, I'd feel bad too (and honestly, if I had a funds (and it wasn't a huge amount) I'd probably just leave it and let them have it haha).

In Christmas news, I always feel warm and fuzzy this time of year because I always help with a Christmas family at work (family needing help, we sponsor them for Christmas). The family that gets us always lucks out though...we're a law firm lol. This year we had $2500 to work with for a single mom and her two kids. :) They generally expect a hamper of food and maybe a gift or two for any children in the family... The law firm rolls up with $2500 in gifts, family day trips and gift cards to help with bills and groceries for the next few months lol. I hope they have a good one tomorrow. :)

It was ALSO awesome because we got an email from the family we sponsored last year who said they're doing better this year...so they paid it forward and sponsored a family this year. :')

Ugh, I wish our firm did something like that, I would have loved to participate in making a family's Xmas super great. Then again, the firm I work for isn't really one of the 'for the people' firms, so I'm not too surprised... we only really approve donations/charity stuff when it improves client relations. Gotta show those banks that we care about them!

(yes I'm bitter)

Hopefully when I'm super rich one day I'll be able to sponsor a family and really make their holiday great :3 That's quite far in the future, though...

Leeness

Ugh, I wish our firm did something like that, I would have loved to participate in making a family's Xmas super great. Then again, the firm I work for isn't really one of the 'for the people' firms, so I'm not too surprised... we only really approve donations/charity stuff when it improves client relations. Gotta show those banks that we care about them!

(yes I'm bitter)

Hopefully when I'm super rich one day I'll be able to sponsor a family and really make their holiday great :3 That's quite far in the future, though...

Our firm is pretty into charity, which is nice. There's usually a few events over the year, and we always do United Way and a Christmas family :)

Too bad yours isn't into it. :( Especially if it's a big firm with lots of money. Haha, it always bums me out that big places with so much money don't want to help out the less fortunate.

For some reason my breasts look way smaller than they actually are :s I went bra shopping again yesterday and went to try on some things in my usual size. As I was taking them off the rack they looked massive and I was thinking I'd just be way too small for them to fit well. Turns out I'd gone up a cup size and they barely even covered my nipples :/ I bought a couple of very nice new bras in my new size but just looking at them and then myself I can't believe they fit. I'm not sure if I have a weird shape or just poor self esteem >< Does anyone else get this?

gaiages

Banned
Our firm is pretty into charity, which is nice. There's usually a few events over the year, and we always do United Way and a Christmas family :)

Too bad yours isn't into it. :( Especially if it's a big firm with lots of money. Haha, it always bums me out that big places with so much money don't want to help out the less fortunate.

Yeah, it's very :(. I mean, I've deposited checks that are more than my last 5 year's income combined, but they're rather stingy with the funds, lol. Well, I guess that's just how they do. I think some of the individual attorneys do stuff with their income though, so it's not all too bad! :D

For some reason my breasts look way smaller than they actually are :s I went bra shopping again yesterday and went to try on some things in my usual size. As I was taking them off the rack they looked massive and I was thinking I'd just be way too small for them to fit well. Turns out I'd gone up a cup size and they barely even covered my nipples :/ I bought a couple of very nice new bras in my new size but just looking at them and then myself I can't believe they fit. I'm not sure if I have a weird shape or just poor self esteem >< Does anyone else get this?

lol, that happens to me a lot... usually I'll try on the smaller cup size and be like "wtf, these don't fit" and it feel awkward. I haven't gone bra shopping for a couple years, though...

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT

Viewing mainly from the front can be misleading at times, viewed from the side can give you a better sense when it comes to size.

Leeness

Lol every time I ask someone in a bra store for my size, they look at me and go "really?" :p And then are baffled when "I'm pretty sure a 32C will fit you" doesn't work in any way, and they keep going up "oh...this still doesn't fit... That's as big as we go..."

When I lost weight this year, I was hoping I'd go down a bit...but I only went down in band size, from 32 to 30 :'(

Yeah, it's very :(. I mean, I've deposited checks that are more than my last 5 year's income combined, but they're rather stingy with the funds, lol. Well, I guess that's just how they do. I think some of the individual attorneys do stuff with their income though, so it's not all too bad! :D

Are you in a law firm too? Accounting? :) And yeah, the amount of money that comes through sometimes in trust... I once touched a cheque for $2mil. ;_;

I hope we hear from our little family about their Christmas. :)

gaiages

Banned
Are you in a law firm too? Accounting? :) And yeah, the amount of money that comes through sometimes in trust... I once touched a cheque for $2mil. ;_;

I hope we hear from our little family about their Christmas. :)

Yep, a law firm (and I'm in the accounting dept). It can be so depressing at times when a check comes to my desk and I'm like "omg I could pay my student loans with that" lol :p

Keep us updated, I love acts of charity like that <3

Leeness

Yep, a law firm (and I'm in the accounting dept). It can be so depressing at times when a check comes to my desk and I'm like "omg I could pay my student loans with that" lol :p

Keep us updated, I love acts of charity like that <3

I'm a legal assistant/litigation support/paralegal student haha. And yeah, huuuuge checks come through and you're like "...." Plz.

I will! I hope we hear from them! :)

Scully

Neo Member

Yeah, bra stuff is weird. I wore the wrong size bra until my mid twenties because it didn't even occur to me that I might be bigger than B/C. When I actually got curious about bra sizing and decided to measure myself, it turned out I was more like E/F cup (went down a band size too). That's an insane jump in sizes and I thought bras in my correct size looked huge. Poor self esteem might definitely play a part in the misconception, but I also blame poor size range in stores and bra size myths. I grew up believing that Pamela Anderson/Christina Hendricks are in the DD/DDD crew, so no wonder I couldn't see myself anywhere near those sizes.

Went to see Alien Ant Farm tonight, they hit my hometown, Liverpool, so they were nice and local. Absolutely phenomonal performance. Didn't expect them to perform as well as they did, probably the best I've been to actually. They hit everything dead on! They played ALL of ANThology, and played my favourite song from TruANT as well, "Glow"!

Here's some footage: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P1Dek0K02N0

3xK6g2G.png

Kelpie

^
That's really cool, I didn't know they were still touring. AAF was the last band I saw live when they were opening for Papa Roach's tour in 2001. My sister and I left after their set though lol.

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl
I currently dye my hair to that kind of color. Going to go in to get that done again since I last did it over a year ago so the hair is back to mostly black with reddish purple ends.

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl
you're getting it done at a salon? or are you using your own color?

Doing it at a salon since last time I tried to dye my hair myself I just got my hair a really dark brown somehow despite following instructions. I should really learn to do it myself sometime though since it'd be cheaper.

Misha

Banned
Okay so with dying hair (i've never done it before) you're supposed to do something that compliments your skin right? Cause I was considering doing something redish and i was messing with photoshop to compare and it seems my skin looks too pink when contrasted with something very red or orange. It seemed to do better when there was a lot more blue mixed in
With my current job i'd want to do something more natural looking so thats sorta disappointing that natural occurring reds don't seem to fit generally

Okay so with dying hair (i've never done it before) you're supposed to do something that compliments your skin right? Cause I was considering doing something redish and i was messing with photoshop to compare and it seems my skin looks too pink when contrasted with something very red or orange. It seemed to do better when there was a lot more blue mixed in
With my current job i'd want to do something more natural looking so thats sorta disappointing that natural occurring reds don't seem to fit generally

Yeah, I don't like how my skin looks with hair in the pink/red/orange zone, especially during the summer when I've tanned a little. I like how it looks on other people, but everybody's different.

I was kind of a lone gunner when I started dying my hair blue a few years ago, but crazy hair colors are quickly coming in vogue now (probably thanks in large part to YouTube celebrities).

Misha

Banned
Yeah, I don't like how my skin looks with hair in the pink/red/orange zone, especially during the summer when I've tanned a little. I like how it looks on other people, but everybody's different.

I was kind of a lone gunner when I started dying my hair blue a few years ago, but crazy hair colors are quickly coming in vogue now (probably thanks in large part to YouTube celebrities).

Thats true too with tanning and all. Not sure whether that would do better or worse for me. tbf I don't do a ton of outdoor activities anymore so I don't get nearly as dark as I used to

Your avatars are actually what convinced me that non-natural hair colors can look good. Before pretty much all I saw was more of the neon stuff that people have but since I've seen you on here I've noticed a lot of people have more "natural" looking colors that i guess are probably in the right range of natural saturations or something. I sorta wanted to try a pastelly purple eventually but definitely not yet

Thats true too with tanning and all. Not sure whether that would do better or worse for me. tbf I don't do a ton of outdoor activities anymore so I don't get nearly as dark as I used to

Your avatars are actually what convinced me that non-natural hair colors can look good. Before pretty much all I saw was more of the neon stuff that people have but since I've seen you on here I've noticed a lot of people have more "natural" looking colors that i guess are probably in the right range of natural saturations or something. I sorta wanted to try a pastelly purple eventually but definitely not yet

Yeah, pastel colors can look really good too. I'm still in love with what Koriandrr did with her hair back in November. &#9829;

I think it's worth addressing that you're probably not going to get it right the first couple of times. So when you do go ahead and give it a try, don't be dispirited if the first go is less than perfect. :)

Misha

Banned
Yeah, pastel colors can look really good too. I'm still in love with what Koriandrr did with her hair back in November. &#9829;

I think it's worth addressing that you're probably not going to get it right the first couple of times. So when you do go ahead and give it a try, don't be dispirited if the first go is less than perfect. :)

hers is definitely great and i think i'd go sorta along those lines

I was sorta considering getting it professionally done but idk. The issue more for me is that I live in an especially unadventurous area and I'll hear all about it if it doesn't end up working well and tbf theres a decent chance I'll still get that if it does turn out fine.

Give em a shot! Pondering on just saying screw it and trying some darker purples like this out soon:
16114f6a1720b04952fb1d333f136412.jpg

Oooh this looks awesome *-*

I decided against purple though. will try out dark red again. I don't think it would suit me like it suits you :3
edit: just noticed the girl in the pic isn't you? lol I feel dumb now. it still looks awesome though

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl
Oooh this looks awesome *-*

I decided against purple though. will try out dark red again. I don't think it would suit me like it suits you :3
edit: just noticed the girl in the pic isn't you? lol I feel dumb now. it still looks awesome though

Nope not me! My sisters aren't even that pale looking. lol *darkest skin in immediate family*
It does look awesome though. Her hair would look good in darker red too which makes me think I can probably pull it off so why not give it a shot?

thats definitely an idea. and it would work with work better since it could be a weekends only thing

Yeah being able to switch out when convenient sounds like it'd be better for you where you're at right now so I figured I'd suggest those. :)

Ekai

Well if you want to test the waters with some colors you can bleach your hair and use some temp dyes, hair chalk, etc...

With that how long would it take to revert back if I don't like how it turns out? I've never actually dyed my hair before but would be interested.
I've also heard it can damage your hair? Sorry, I've just never taken care of my hair much as far as messing around with colors go.

My boyfriend surprised me last night that him and I are leaving one day earlier than his family and going to Universal Studios just the two of us.

Dying.

Haven't stopped by here in a while and just wanted to say that's awesome. I hope you two had a blast!

Misha

Banned
Yeah being able to switch out when convenient sounds like it'd be better for you where you're at right now so I figured I'd suggest those. :)
also the flexibility sounds really nice. different color for every day of the week :p
With that how long would it take to revert back if I don't like how it turns out? I've never actually dyed my hair before but would be interested.
I've also heard it can damage your hair? Sorry, I've just never taken care of my hair much.

I looked it up after it was mentioned and it seems its highly dependent on the specific product. Chalk for example works till you wash it out and others can last for a month or so

Koriandrr

I've found it's a lot about your undertones - are you cool toned or warm toned? Do you look better with gold or silver? Or both? Some people are both. I personally am cool toned with pink undertones in my skin and warm colours look generally better on me. Rocked red for years, now I'm pink. I tried purple, but it looked terrible for whatever reason... :(

Give em a shot! Pondering on just saying screw it and trying some darker purples like this out soon:
16114f6a1720b04952fb1d333f136412.jpg

I love it! Wish I could pull it off. I did a similar colour, but more pink in the past and it just looked bad on me. I didn't like it at all :(

Misha

Banned
I've found it's a lot about your undertones - are you cool toned or warm toned? Do you look better with gold or silver? Or both? Some people are both. I personally am cool toned with pink undertones in my skin and warm colours look generally better on me. Rocked red for years, now I'm pink. I tried purple, but it looked terrible for whatever reason... :(

hmmm after re researching it does seem i'm more cool. (i do better with silver, blue green and purple clothes, and have green eyes. though i could be completely wrong about those besides my eye color) In theory that should mean that the reds and stuff would work. Guess I should leave it up to a practical test. Not exactly surprising that a photoshop test would be lacking :p

very few of the guides i'm finding online seem useful and some seem conflicting(aside from the basic stuff they all agree with)
would be nice to have one thats concise and demonstrates what they're talking about properly

Koriandrr

hmmm after re researching it does seem i'm more cool. (i do better with silver, blue green and purple clothes, and have green eyes. though i could be completely wrong about those besides my eye color) In theory that should mean that the reds and stuff would work. Guess I should leave it up to a practical test. Not exactly surprising that a photoshop test would be lacking :p

very few of the guides i'm finding online seem useful and some seem conflicting(aside from the basic stuff they all agree with)
would be nice to have one thats concise and demonstrates what they're talking about properly

I personally prefer going to a wig shop and trying on a wig rather than shop it :D

AudioNoir

Banned
All this talk of hair dye and here I've just chopped off most of my hair due to dyeing too much over the years :c I miss my hair and its many colours, wah.

Am I drunkenly reposting this? Maybe. But I have no regrets.

Hey Ladies! (And everyone else) Watch this fucking show!

It stars Rachel Bloom, who is also the cocreator and famous for doing youtube videos like "Fuck Me Ray Bradbury" and "Historically Accurate Disney Princess Song"

Its a dramedy that also has music numbers

It's about a hot shot New York lawyer who gave up a promotion to jr partner and 500k salary at her firm to move to a California town to get away from busy life (and definitely DEFINITELY not to be with her ex boyfriend from high school summer break. Really)

It has an awesome cast, like the love interest and his friend that helps form the triangle

And both the music numbers and the show are hilarious, on point, and too real.

https://youtu.be/QNIUkO2o_p4

https://youtu.be/3Ix3qJPS1b4

https://youtu.be/QjWe8KoWFZE

She won a Golden Globe and a Critics Choice Ward for her acting in a comedy show.

Because she's awesome and so is the show. All the current episodes are on Hulu and CW.com and you can watch a new episode tonight at 8 PM EST.

http://www.hulu.com/crazy-exgirlfriend

So again. Watch. This FUCKING. Show!

Ceallach

Smells like fresh rosebuds
Are any of you guys super good with buns? Any tips?

My hair is starting to get out of control and my buns are looking really messy. I tried a sock bun but I'm doing something wrong, lol. And I've gone derpy trying to replicate youtibe vids. I'm almost at a point where I'm gonna go short, just to make it easier to get ready in the morning, lol.

Kisaya

My hair is starting to get out of control and my buns are looking really messy. I tried a sock bun but I'm doing something wrong, lol. And I've gone derpy trying to replicate youtibe vids. I'm almost at a point where I'm gonna go short, just to make it easier to get ready in the morning, lol.

Unfortunately with my hair line I can never really have a stylish bun. It's only ever up when I'm at home or at the gym :x

lots of hairspray

Top Bottom