• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GirlGAF |OT 2| Shall I Compare Thee to a Summer's Eve?

woh thanks bunny <3

i have never put anything on face except some lip gloss so this is like rare loot dropping from some magnificent rare boss monster

*reads guide*

i think i will need to buy some products

Leeness

Oh sweetie I'm sorry you feel this way :( I do understand. Clothes shopping used to be a total nightmare for me too. There's nothing that will make a woman feel more "abnormal" then going to a clothing store with mass produced items like H&M where everything is just cut to fit the masses... when nothing fit me, It was just a reminder to me that my body proportions didn't fit in with what's considered average. "Ankle" pants that go way past my feet, jeans too tight in the waist but too loose in the leg, shirts I couldn't even get over my head thanks to my giant boobs... the list goes on. Incredibly frustrating and always left me feeling pretty shitty.

What helped me a lot was researching fashion blogs online. I looked specifically for blogs of women who had a similar body type to mine. There's a wealth of information out there! It really helped me to be able to identify on the rack what would work for my body type and what wouldn't before I tried it on. Also found out about a few faux pas's that I had been committing that uh... didn't exactly flatter my body type. I also feel like it really helped me learn how to express myself through fashion. Now I love clothes shopping... well, at least shopping for most things. Bathing suits and dresses were always a problem area for me, but that was easily remedied by just not wearing those things very often.

Thanks for the advice but there's little to do for me. Nice clothes, make up, etc, doesn't really matter on me. It's all just lipstick on a pig. Eh.

I'm glad you found your style though <3

cloudwalking

300chf ain't shit to me
The thing about the full face of makeup is that removing it is truly a pain in the ass.

Sleeping with makeup is a HUGEEE no no :(. But, just a quick rinse/wash isn't enough to get all that off! With a full face of makeup you need makeup remover... or, if you're lazy like me, you just use oil (evoo or coconut oil). Washes the stuff right off. You SHOULD wash/rinse again after the oil, though (and then use a good night cream to replenish/protect your skin). Also should use a mask, toner, AHA, retinol, as well, to be honest, for optimal skin care. Some people like to use a water mask and leave it overnight but I never found that to be needed-- just use a humidifier instead really.

I mean, I don't actually do all of this most of the time, or at all anymore, because it's a lot of time spent and I have things to do and loot to collect :p

I used to spend a lot more time on a full face of makeup nearly every day, but in the last few months I have lightened up on it a bit and for workday makeup I usually don't bother with more than concealer, powder, and mascara. However I still do love to do that full face of makeup on the weekends and on special occasions. Especially eyeshadow, something about applying eyeshadow is so therapeutic :) But yeah, taking it all off is a pain!

I've actually really been into strobing lately, anyone else do it? I find it's a lot faster to do than contouring and gives me a pretty similar effect -- that is, making my face look more 3D. I have a pretty flat face without much bone structure and a little bit of highlight on my cheekbones, chin, forehead, and nose makes a world of difference, especially in photos.

bunbuns!!! that's awesome news congratulations!!!!!!! OMG so happy for you

hope it will go well and daddy doesnt scare you two to next tuesday

love you chicka!!!

big decision ! good luck !!!

cloudwalking

300chf ain't shit to me
^- just read about strobing. Sounds interesting, and probably easier than old school contouring!

I'm not into any of the dewy looks because my skin is combo and can oil up fasttttt. I actually have oil control paper that I bought in Japan (went out of my way, because I heard it's GOAT) and that's about it.

My face is pretty flat too, but tbh I don't care that much about it. I actually like the look of it (my face)-- while I admire pretty faces with pretty cheekbones and all that, on my own face I find just covering my blemishes is enough as far as that goes. However, I wear every day- fake lashes, eyeliner, eyeshadow, and concealer. Do you have a good powder you'd recommend? I've tried 10000x kinds of powder and none really do much for me, plus I hate having to keep and clean an extra brush @_@.

I've got pretty dry skin but I do get oily mostly in the T-zone, so I go over those areas with a bit of anti-sebum translucent powder after highlighting. Not too much though, or the highlight effect becomes diminished. The powder I've used for several years is this one: https://essencemakeup.com/products/all-about-matt-fixing-comp-powder the only gripe I have about it is that the packaging is not great. The hinge on the lid is really weak and is prone to breaking. But for the price, it's the best pressed mattifying powder I've found.

To highlight I actually use a chubby eyeshadow stick from H&M: http://share.hm.com/forward/734710959 It's so easy, a few swipes on the parts of my face I want highlighted, and then I blend with my fingers. Takes no more than 30 seconds.

also chickas i'm super excited so i wanna share this even though it's kinda early but still! my partner and i decided on the date we're going to formally sit down with my parents and ask for their blessing!

Congratulations, that's so awesome! I wish you all the best and hope it goes really well! And of course, an amazing time in Hawaii :)

Koriandrr

That's the one I've been using too, and I like it a lot, I suppose I should just stick with it...

I've seen this Etude House one on sale for 5 bucks, seems really cheap... has anyone used it?

Hgc3GN8.jpg

totally late to the whole eyeliner thing, BUT, I switched to Korean cosmetics completely like 3 years ago and my skin has never been this amazing. Ever. It's the first time in my life where I've felt great about going outside with minimal to no makeup. I would recommend any of it. It's cheaper, better and with better ingredients that are good for you.

This eyeliner is amazing, I love it. But as far as eyeliners go, my go-to is this Japanese one:

Best. Thing. Ever.
The mascara from the same brand is amazing too. Super natural, but amazing effect and water proof. (very waterproof, a pain to remove unless you use oil cleansers). I've been using it for 3 years now, just keep rebuying it every 3-4 months.

cloudwalking

300chf ain't shit to me
totally late to the whole eyeliner thing, BUT, I switched to Korean cosmetics completely like 3 years ago and my skin has never been this amazing. Ever. It's the first time in my life where I've felt great about going outside with minimal to no makeup. I would recommend any of it. It's cheaper, better and with better ingredients that are good for you.

I totally agree with you. I've been using Korean makeup for a while but I made the jump to skincare a couple of months back when I was looking for a good moisturizer and serum containing dragon's blood. I was given a sample of a Rodial dragon's blood serum and it did amazing things for my skin, but a full bottle would have cost me over $100... I looked for an alternative and came across the Korean LadyKin Vanpir line which contains dragon's blood as well. I could not believe I would only pay $40 for both serum and moisturizer together... ordered it immediately, and haven't looked back. I threw a Tony Moly Panda's Dream whitening pack into the roster (paid $10) and I'd say my skin looks better than it has in years.

And I mean come on, just look at this ADORABLE packaging!

Since the weather is getting warmer I was in need of a better primer and sunscreen so I just ordered these (I got the SPF33 version of Face Blur though):

This eyeliner is amazing, I love it. But as far as eyeliners go, my go-to is this Japanese one:

Best. Thing. Ever.
The mascara from the same brand is amazing too. Super natural, but amazing effect and water proof. (very waterproof, a pain to remove unless you use oil cleansers). I've been using it for 3 years now, just keep rebuying it every 3-4 months.

I did order that Etude House liner, but this one looks right up my alley. I have heard good things about the Heroine Make liners in the past but never pulled the trigger and bought one. I may just do that now! Thanks for the recommendation!

Koriandrr

I totally agree with you. I've been using Korean makeup for a while but I made the jump to skincare a couple of months back when I was looking for a good moisturizer and serum containing dragon's blood. I was given a sample of a Rodial dragon's blood serum and it did amazing things for my skin, but a full bottle would have cost me over $100... I looked for an alternative and came across the Korean LadyKin Vanpir line which contains dragon's blood as well. I could not believe I would only pay $40 for both serum and moisturizer together... ordered it immediately, and haven't looked back. I threw a Tony Moly Panda's Dream whitening pack into the roster (paid $10) and I'd say my skin looks better than it has in years.

And I mean come on, just look at this ADORABLE packaging!

Since the weather is getting warmer I was in need of a better primer and sunscreen so I just ordered these (I got the SPF33 version of Face Blur though):

I did order that Etude House liner, but this one looks right up my alley. I have heard good things about the Heroine Make liners in the past but never pulled the trigger and bought one. I may just do that now! Thanks for the recommendation!

Ahhh thank you Korea, for caring so much about your skin, your market has much higher demand than the rest of the world combined lol.

I use two creams with snail extract (mizon and missha) and am in love with cosrx toner and essence with galactomyces (or as I call em, galactic mice) it's worked wonders for my acne scars. Also Innisfree green tea seed serum which is the best thing ever for sensitive skin.

I make my own cushion foundation these days by mixing the Klairs BB cream and some Missha BB cream in 13 to get my perfect pale shade and great coverage in under 1min of application :D

I use the Blur cream too! Love it.

I really like Asian cosmetics for their pale shades too. but some of the ingredients are sound rather spooky. plus not every brand is easy to get. at least in Germany :/
but yiss at that packaging. it's so cute.

cloudwalking

300chf ain't shit to me
Ahhh thank you Korea, for caring so much about your skin, your market has much higher demand than the rest of the world combined lol.

I use two creams with snail extract (mizon and missha) and am in love with cosrx toner and essence with galactomyces (or as I call em, galactic mice) it's worked wonders for my acne scars. Also Innisfree green tea seed serum which is the best thing ever for sensitive skin.

I make my own cushion foundation these days by mixing the Klairs BB cream and some Missha BB cream in 13 to get my perfect pale shade and great coverage in under 1min of application :D

I use the Blur cream too! Love it.

Snail extract is great... I use it in a mask that I buy at my local Korean grocery, it's the MJ Care daily dewy snail mask pack. I fear it's been discontinued though because they no longer carry it :'(

I also use Missha BB cream -- it's great and looks SO natural! The sunscreen will be my first Innisfree product so I'm really excited to give it a try. :D

I need to get my ass to Korea one of these days and just go all out in the shops there, haha.

Swamped

Banned
woh thanks bunny <3

i have never put anything on face except some lip gloss so this is like rare loot dropping from some magnificent rare boss monster

*reads guide*

i think i will need to buy some products

You and I are the same yeeny!! I don't even wear nail polish lol. I guess I just don't have the patience to learn makeup stuff. My sister tied me up and forced makeup on my for wedding prep and I'll admit it was kinda fun having someone else do it for me.

Terrorblot

How painful does waxing get? I've always wanted to try it, but I wince pretty easily at the thought of pulling out hair. I get enough anxiety with trying to avoid cutting myself with a razor. @_@

I've only ever waxed my eyebrows, but that wasn't too bad. I imagine the rest can't be TOO different...

Aiustis

How painful does waxing get? I've always wanted to try it, but I wince pretty easily at the thought of pulling out hair. I get enough anxiety with trying to avoid cutting myself with a razor. @_@

I have a anxiety issues and pull out my hair waxing is very therapeutic.

I think it depends on how sensitive you are always always do it after a bath/shower.

I don't really wax much anymore since idgaf about body hair.

D

Deleted member 594614

Unconfirmed Member
Is it ok to come to girl GAF for questions about girls?

Ive been dating a girl for the last 8 months and I kinda fell madly in love with her.

Problem..I was married to my bestfriend for 15+ years cause she got pregnant when we were early 20's. We liked video games and being parents but not each other "like that"

So, now Im 37 with my first real GF..who has no kids, never been married, is almost 10 years younger, has a masters degree etc..

Im like a 37 teenager whos lived in a shell dating a woman whos seen and done it all and I feel completely confused, anxious, insecure etc.. all the time.

Just because we're girls doesn't mean every woman is going to have the same perception, or that we're here to help you with your dating life. I'm not trying to be rude or anything so sorry if it comes across that way, but guys who come in here asking advice about how to romance women is just generally frowned upon (I didn't see it specifically mentioned in the OP so).

Dating-GAF would probably be better suited to answer your question. Also, your post doesn't ask anything about your girlfriend and only references your own insecurities / issues, which we can't help you with. Sorry man.

Top Bottom