• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GirlGAF |OT 2| Shall I Compare Thee to a Summer's Eve?

Listen....one will ruin your furniture and shits in a box that makes your house smell, and is generally rude, while the other is loving and loves walks and fetch and is just a ray of sunshine.

i likey both kitties and doggies but im biased towards the pups since i has these boys:

UW8g8Zv.jpg

2gjOKfm.jpg

the one at the bottom ( with the ball ) has recently left me though. im still devastated. he was my heart doggie.

the other one is practically a cat. all he does is laze about all day long.

suzu

Jealous :c

Best of both worlds. Maybe I will get a more cat-like dog in the future.

i likey both kitties and doggies but im biased towards the pups since i has these boys:

the one at the bottom ( with the ball ) has recently left me though. im still devastated. he was my heart doggie.

the other one is practically a cat. all he does is laze about all day long.

My favorite small dog breed! RIP cute floofy dog.

Yeah, my cousin's pom is also pretty cat-like. Picky eater and is content with just chilling all day.

Nudull

Banned
Best of both worlds. Maybe I will get a more cat-like dog in the future.

I've mulled over the idea of having more pets. I was caring after two ferrets for the past two years, but we recently had to let them go. Not sure if I'd want a cat or dog first.

Thanks! :) Yeah I almost called her "Ninja" cause she blends in the background, like on our computer chairs haha. But Arya is kinda like a ninja... >_>

Heh, nice. :) Hope you're doing well on your end, Morrigan. Always enjoy talking to you and everyone here!

A dog ripped a scar into my left shoulder so I like cats. Well I don't dislike dogs but I'd prefer them not to be near me. I have no cat of my own but my sister has a cute one. :)
https://twitter.com/InfiniteNineDX/status/720794681341153280

Yikes. I'm so sorry about your shoulder.

cloudwalking

300chf ain't shit to me
So just popping back in here to say... I survived my breast reduction! I'm now 4 days post-op and I feel good! I hardly had any pain, even right after surgery, and only took panadol (tylenol) to manage the pain up until Wednesday afternoon. Since then I've been painkiller-free.

My breasts look so much better and feel so much lighter! :D :D I have minimal bruising -- my left breast has some yellow bruising, the right one looks more or less normal (besides the incisions). I also haven't noticed any loss of sensation. Right now they've got me in a 38C compression bra (but my breasts may get smaller as the swelling goes down). I was wearing 30GG before. Nearly 1 kg (around 2 lbs) was removed from my breasts. My posture improved immediately. I no longer have the dull ache in my shoulders and neck anymore, either. It really was like an instant cure for those things.

As far as drawbacks or negatives, there have been few. I reacted pretty badly to the anesthesia but I knew that would be the case from prior experience with surgery. So the first two days I was pretty groggy and had a stomach ache. On the third day that went away though and I was up and walking all around the hospital. I also had drains in my breasts up until the third day and those are a bit of a hassle to deal with.

One of the most annoying things has been the fact that I have to sleep on my back for at least 2 weeks. I really hate sleeping on my back. :/ And having to wear this compression bra 24/7 is also a lot more annoying than I expected. But hopefully at my 2-week follow-up my doctor will allow me to switch to a cotton sports bra.

All in all a very positive experience so far, and I'm very happy I've gone through with it. :)

grats on the successful surgery cloudy!!! sounds like you're in the uncomfortable recuperative period but glad to hear that everything is on track and that you're feeling good having gone through it!!!

❤️

Good to hear! I'm considering scheduling a medical appointment to get mine reduced, right now I'm in a 36F and its just such a hassle to run. I think the Air Force will pay for it, but I dunno.

Either way I'm definitely gonna look into it.

Ceallach

Smells like fresh rosebuds
So just popping back in here to say... I survived my breast reduction! I'm now 4 days post-op and I feel good! I hardly had any pain, even right after surgery, and only took panadol (tylenol) to manage the pain up until Wednesday afternoon. Since then I've been painkiller-free.

My breasts look so much better and feel so much lighter! :D :D I have minimal bruising -- my left breast has some yellow bruising, the right one looks more or less normal (besides the incisions). I also haven't noticed any loss of sensation. Right now they've got me in a 38C compression bra (but my breasts may get smaller as the swelling goes down). I was wearing 30GG before. Nearly 1 kg (around 2 lbs) was removed from my breasts. My posture improved immediately. I no longer have the dull ache in my shoulders and neck anymore, either. It really was like an instant cure for those things.

As far as drawbacks or negatives, there have been few. I reacted pretty badly to the anesthesia but I knew that would be the case from prior experience with surgery. So the first two days I was pretty groggy and had a stomach ache. On the third day that went away though and I was up and walking all around the hospital. I also had drains in my breasts up until the third day and those are a bit of a hassle to deal with.

One of the most annoying things has been the fact that I have to sleep on my back for at least 2 weeks. I really hate sleeping on my back. :/ And having to wear this compression bra 24/7 is also a lot more annoying than I expected. But hopefully at my 2-week follow-up my doctor will allow me to switch to a cotton sports bra.

All in all a very positive experience so far, and I'm very happy I've gone through with it. :)

That's awesome! Super happy for you.

Good to hear! I'm considering scheduling a medical appointment to get mine reduced, right now I'm in a 36F and its just such a hassle to run. I think the Air Force will pay for it, but I dunno.

Tricare will pay for it. You just have to have pcm refer you. And I use a binder designed for ftm transition for pt as yeah these things get way in the way and they need to be strapped down.

cloudwalking

300chf ain't shit to me
grats on the successful surgery cloudy!!! sounds like you're in the uncomfortable recuperative period but glad to hear that everything is on track and that you're feeling good having gone through it!!!

Thanks! From what I've heard the first two weeks are the worst, and then it's smooth sailing from there on out. It's pretty amazing how the human body is capable of healing itself at such a rate :)

Congrats!

I hope your healing goes well.

Unless they don't let you, drink tons of Gatorade and eat a lot of meat (nothing too salty though).

Protein is ESSENTIAL after any recovery period.

Thank you! Good advice, which I have heeded -- I stocked up on protein-rich food and snacks while I took a quick walk to the store with my husband today. :) Hoping that will also help regrow some of my hair which fell out due to the stress of the surgery.

You absolutely should look into it. I put it off for a long time because I just assumed that I would never get approved by my health insurance. Finally I brought my neck and back pain up to my gynecologist and it shocked me when she said she thought I would be approved quite easily.

That's awesome! Super happy for you.

Thank you :)

Leeness

Yaaaaas so happy for you! 🤗

Still would never do it myself because I'm a big chicken haha.

But glad you went through with it and that it worked out so well for you! <3

does anyone else have the problem with eyeliner pens that they just don't give any color after a week or so?
this happens to me everytime.
talking about something like this:
best-eyeliners-maybelline-new-york-eye-studio-master-precise-ink-pen-eyeliner.jpg

since this is the only eyeliner I can handle maybe you guys know a brand that doesn'T do this? :S

cloudwalking

300chf ain't shit to me
Yaaaaas so happy for you! &#129303;

Still would never do it myself because I'm a big chicken haha.

But glad you went through with it and that it worked out so well for you! <3

Happy to hear things went okay, cloud! Hoping for a full, healthy recovery :) *hug*

Thank you both!

I'm now one week in and doing well, have a bit of achy soreness today, but nothing too bad!

does anyone else have the problem with eyeliner pens that they just don't give any color after a week or so?
since this is the only eyeliner I can handle maybe you guys know a brand that doesn'T do this? :S

I had the exact same problem with pen liners. Specifically, the tip usually dried out for me which made making that precise wing really tough when only the side of the pen will write :/

I switched to liquid liner but not really feeling it, the pen is just way faster! So I'm interested in any recommendations or tips too.

I've always used pencils, could never get on with liquids. Not tried pens though.

As long as you keep the pencil sharp and room temperature it's super easy to put on.

Bottle Of Baileys: Check
Box of Cigars: Check
Two rad as fuck vinyls: Double check
And a tablet to browse the GAF: Check!

Life is good! Got an entire week off to lounge around and enjoy this fantastic weather. I can get used to not wearing my gym instructor outfit for a few days!

Also, check this album out if you ladies have a bit of spare time, it's perfection!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MsXmtjLMH18

Leeness

Thank you both!

I'm now one week in and doing well, have a bit of achy soreness today, but nothing too bad!

That's so awesome :'D

----

Lol I'm such a mess. Go in to try to shop for clothes, mostly just a shirt, leave with nothing but depression and self hate. Clothes shopping is the worst, it's why I only go maybe once every couple years if I can help it, or just steal clothes from my mom.

That's so awesome :'D

----

Lol I'm such a mess. Go in to try to shop for clothes, mostly just a shirt, leave with nothing but depression and self hate. Clothes shopping is the worst, it's why I only go maybe once every couple years if I can help it, or just steal clothes from my mom.

Dude you're beautiful. I feel you, it's hard to shop for me too. But, and I know this is easier said than done, but take the time to learn to love your body. I'm serious.

Last year I hated how I looked. I couldn't even look in the mirror. But I made an effort to be kind to myself, and to appreciate that this is who I was, and it made me so much happier. I'm not a twig, and I'm definitely not perfect, but I'm me. And that's all that matters.

PM me if you ever wanna talk about it.

Nudull

Banned
Dude you're beautiful. I feel you, it's hard to shop for me too. But, and I know this is easier said than done, but take the time to learn to love your body. I'm serious.

Last year I hated how I looked. I couldn't even look in the mirror. But I made an effort to be kind to myself, and to appreciate that this is who I was, and it made me so much happier. I'm not a twig, and I'm definitely not perfect, but I'm me. And that's all that matters.

This is a true lesson that we all need to follow. It's funny to think about it now, since I was just reading through that Biggest Loser thread. Seriously, screw that show.

I'm here too if you need to talk about stuff, Leeness. :)

Leeness

This is a true lesson that we all need to follow. It's funny to think about it now, since I was just reading through that Biggest Loser thread. Seriously, screw that show.

I'm here too if you need to talk about stuff, Leeness. :)

Glad you guys are happy and comfortable with yourselves and how you look :) <3

I never will be so there's really no talking to be had. I was just lamenting that I hate shopping for clothes. I'll probably just end up buying the cheapest, shittiest stuff I can get at Walmart because...who cares that I look like trash in it anyway, it's cheap! Then I won't have to shop for another 2 or 3 years haha, and then the cycle begins anew when I inevitably have to buy more clothes because the old ones are falling apart.

leeness is beautiful

:>

clothes are terribly hard to find. everytime i do shopping i feel like im engaging a high level quest / dungeon for loot with low chance of dropping :< i feel u, leeeee~

i dont have skirts

i mean i has two now so that's progress

:>

i go with suit jackets / pants all the time and t-shirt/jeans otherwise

weddings are a headache. i always end up just going with my bestest business suit :x

I feel like you told this to us already, but I forgot, so what do you do again :eek:? (Besides being in the military).

Can't go wrong with a good business suit (or ten!) :D. Where do you usually shop for yours?

I just really, really like dresses. Nothing too frilly or poofy; I feel like dresses are just so low maintenance / convenient. Literally just one article of clothing that covers everything. You can just slip one on and go. Pants are too much work @_@ - the waist, the butt/hips, the length, the crotch wedgies ... so much to worry about that's eliminated with a simple dress.

the ones i wear day to day are mostly from G2000, but the nicer ones are from CUE :>

Oooh Cue looks awesome.

It's kinda expensive though :(. They do ship to the US though so yay! How's the fit on them? True to size?

Yeah! They are where I got the niceynicey suits that I only wear to ~occasions~ $$$$$

;___;

but they are nice and they fit like a dream! their sizes are a bit unforgiving though :< i usually can go for a 6 (australian size.... american's 2, i think) for most brands, but for CUE, i have to carefully try them on first cuz there are times the 8 is more fitting.

UNFORGIVINGU~

but they are nice

they also have structured dresses that are super classy *_____*

cloudwalking

300chf ain't shit to me
Sephora's liquid eyeliner is always on point for me :)

That's the one I've been using too, and I like it a lot, I suppose I should just stick with it...

I've seen this Etude House one on sale for 5 bucks, seems really cheap... has anyone used it?

Hgc3GN8.jpg

Oh sweetie I'm sorry you feel this way :( I do understand. Clothes shopping used to be a total nightmare for me too. There's nothing that will make a woman feel more "abnormal" then going to a clothing store with mass produced items like H&M where everything is just cut to fit the masses... when nothing fit me, It was just a reminder to me that my body proportions didn't fit in with what's considered average. "Ankle" pants that go way past my feet, jeans too tight in the waist but too loose in the leg, shirts I couldn't even get over my head thanks to my giant boobs... the list goes on. Incredibly frustrating and always left me feeling pretty shitty.

What helped me a lot was researching fashion blogs online. I looked specifically for blogs of women who had a similar body type to mine. There's a wealth of information out there! It really helped me to be able to identify on the rack what would work for my body type and what wouldn't before I tried it on. Also found out about a few faux pas's that I had been committing that uh... didn't exactly flatter my body type. I also feel like it really helped me learn how to express myself through fashion. Now I love clothes shopping... well, at least shopping for most things. Bathing suits and dresses were always a problem area for me, but that was easily remedied by just not wearing those things very often.

Terrorblot

Buy a couple products at Ulta and I've been building up more and more interest in "figuring out" makeup and of course a huge eczema breakout happens and my skin is currently too messed up to put anything near it. :< baaaaah!

When your boob hurts and you just don't know why. The pain seems to be gone now, at least.

best-eyeliners-maybelline-new-york-eye-studio-master-precise-ink-pen-eyeliner.jpg

Try switching to liquid.

meow

thx for all the responses but I can handle the pens better than liquid :( shame all of them seem to have this problem
I've had good luck with the Kat von d tattoo liner pens. I'm on my second one and these two have lasted me through the last 3-4 years (I don't use it every day so it lasts a looong time) and about to pick up a third.

I've had good luck with the Kat von d tattoo liner pens. I'm on my second one and these two have lasted me through the last 3-4 years (I don't use it every day so it lasts a looong time) and about to pick up a third.

oh yeah I've heard good stuff about her make up line in general!

Terrorblot

oh yeah I've heard good stuff about her make up line in general!

I've also heard good things. I've been using the Stila Waterproof one but the waterproof is almost too much of an overkill for me, if I screw up (which half the time I will) it's next to impossible to fix without redoing my whole face.

I mostly use Bare Necessities, I like their concealer / face products (it doesn't feel wicked greasy) and their eyeliner is nice. I find their mascara to be kind of lacking though, so I usually go with another brand.

Top Bottom