• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GirlGAF |OT 2| Shall I Compare Thee to a Summer's Eve?

does anyone else have the problem with eyeliner pens that they just don't give any color after a week or so?
this happens to me everytime.
talking about something like this:
best-eyeliners-maybelline-new-york-eye-studio-master-precise-ink-pen-eyeliner.jpg

since this is the only eyeliner I can handle maybe you guys know a brand that doesn'T do this? :S

Stila liquid eyeliner is the best. $20, lasts a while. If the tip starts to give you any fuss, tug on it and it will refill with liquid. You can also bring it back to Sephora (if you shop there), if the tip gives you any trouble and they will swap it out for a new one :3

I switched over to Kat Von D Tattoo Liner recently because tapering my cateyes/wingtips is easier with her brush end but the black isn't as dark as Stila.

Its depending on your preference.

Stila liquid eyeliner is the best. $20, lasts a while. If the tip starts to give you any fuss, tug on it and it will refill with liquid. You can also bring it back to Sephora (if you shop there), if the tip gives you any trouble and they will swap it out for a new one :3

I switched over to Kat Von D Tattoo Liner recently because tapering my cateyes/wingtips is easier with her brush end but the black isn't as dark as Stila.

nice,thx! I don't have Sephora where I live but I could order it online I guess.

Terrorblot

o shi- I have some at home I stopped using because it appeared to be used up (earlier than I was anticipating, although I'm very new to makeup). Maybe it isn't actually dead, looking forward to checking tonight when I get out of work.

o shi- I have some at home I stopped using because it appeared to be used up (earlier than I was anticipating, although I'm very new to makeup). Maybe it isn't actually dead, looking forward to checking tonight when I get out of work.

Check and squish the tip while its upside down. When I went to Sephora and was like yo wtf i just bought this, they were telling me how because the tip of stilas liner is a sponge, it can dry out a lot faster than brush tips (like the tattoo liner). I left it upside down for a hour or so, then squished it and it worked. :>

So many guys want to fuck but don't want to date and I am on the end of my rope here. I need a penis inside me. I may give up my no casual sex rule because FUCK. *throws sofa*

Nudull

Banned
So many guys want to fuck but don't want to date and I am on the end of my rope here. I need a penis inside me. I may give up my no casual sex rule because FUCK. *throws sofa*

I am struggling to find even one person who doesn't just want me out of a race/body fetish. The amount of creepy 30/40-something dudes I deal with on a daily basis with dating sites alone... >.>

Stay strong *hugs*

I am struggling to find even one person who doesn't just want me out of a race/body fetish. The amount of creepy 30/40-something dudes I deal with on a daily basis with dating sites alone... >.>

Stay strong *hugs*

I got this so much that it's now at the point that I completely ignore any messages I get. I've become apathetic to the dating scene which is a shame because I'd like to be with someone.

Being a hopeless romantic in a hookup / one night stand culture is the worst kind of hell.

I got this so much that it's now at the point that I completely ignore any messages I get. I've become apathetic to the dating scene which is a shame because I'd like to be with someone.

Being a hopeless romantic in a hookup / one night stand culture is the worst kind of hell.

:(

Wish there could be a well screened hopeles romantic connection site or something

You girls seem great so your troubles make me even more depressed :(

Plus it's 4am and I'm hyper emotional right now for some reason

D

Deleted member 594614

Unconfirmed Member
Just because we're girls doesn't mean every woman is going to have the same perception, or that we're here to help you with your dating life. I'm not trying to be rude or anything so sorry if it comes across that way, but guys who come in here asking advice about how to romance women is just generally frowned upon (I didn't see it specifically mentioned in the OP so).

Dating-GAF would probably be better suited to answer your question. Also, your post doesn't ask anything about your girlfriend and only references your own insecurities / issues, which we can't help you with. Sorry man.

Im so sorry! And please dont think I was trying to ask how to romance up women!

I have looked at the dating threads and posted, they seem so cynical, always "shes crazy, move on" or people discussing first dates/dating apps/etc.. more aimed at "getting a date or first dates"

Please forgive me guys, truely sorry. I seem to have a heart on my sleeve/nice guy mentality that has had me get burnt several times and now meeting and falling in love with her, yet very very confused since has had me very anxious. Being in your first real relationship after close to 20 years and being in your mid-30's is a curious spot to be in especially when your partner has years of dating and experience behind them.

Preach.

Men are tragic pigs.

yes
Yes
YES
:(

"I can't commit..."

Ughhh why are so many nearly 30 year old men fuckbois?

It's like they're scared of having a relationship: why?

I don't understand it either. it seems like it just gets worse with age. most men I knew weren't that open about it though. they'd make it seem like they wanted something serious when in fact they did not. kinda makes me even more angry.

I don't understand it either. it seems like it just gets worse with age. most men I knew weren't that open about it though. they'd make it seem like they wanted something serious when in fact they did not. kinda makes me even more angry.

I think it's not just age, like it's particularly bad with 20 something's, too. I wonder if it's an immaturity thing or whatever. I don't know.

Im so sorry! And please dont think I was trying to ask how to romance up women!

I have looked at the dating threads and posted, they seem so cynical, always "shes crazy, move on" or people discussing first dates/dating apps/etc.. more aimed at "getting a date or first dates"

Please forgive me guys, truely sorry. I seem to have a heart on my sleeve/nice guy mentality that has had me get burnt several times and now meeting and falling in love with her, yet very very confused since has had me very anxious. Being in your first real relationship after close to 20 years and being in your mid-30's is a curious spot to be in especially when your partner has years of dating and experience behind them.

Don't worry about it, mistakes happen and it's not a big deal. Just be careful next time :).

I don't know if I have much to offer to help you but if you want you can PM me and we can discuss it. Your call, but the option's there.

Well, they don't say it outright.

It's in between the lines. Like they'll say things like "lady friend" and not "girlfriend" to show that we're possibly involved but that he's not fully committed to it. At least historically that's how it's like, because I'm not involved with anyone. Or you get a lot of guys who are really, really not sure about marriage these days. Sure, divorce is scary, but a lot of these guys are scared of the mere idea. They're nearly into their 30's or in their 30's, and are scared of having a one on one relationship with a woman. It's extremely common. At this point, I'm going to have to start searching for love online.

Terrorblot

Stay strong *hugs*

Same, bluh. It doesn't help that I keep ricocheting back and forth between "MEN ARE PIGS" and "I WANT THE D". I've tried OKC and Tinder (ew) and I don't get very far before the ugliness in the person comes out. Also if the perfect person showed up I don't know if I'd have the confidence to go out and meet a stranger ANYWAY so I don't really know what game I'm playing.

Kisaya

Well, they don't say it outright.

It's in between the lines. Like they'll say things like "lady friend" and not "girlfriend" to show that we're possibly involved but that he's not fully committed to it. At least historically that's how it's like, because I'm not involved with anyone. Or you get a lot of guys who are really, really not sure about marriage these days. Sure, divorce is scary, but a lot of these guys are scared of the mere idea. They're nearly into their 30's or in their 30's, and are scared of having a one on one relationship with a woman. It's extremely common. At this point, I'm going to have to start searching for love online.

Honestly I would avoid online dating sites, lots more fuck bois in there. Actively dating in general is pretty tiring and hard, especially if you're not about casual sex/sex before a relationship.

Personally I take things pretty slow despite having a high sex drive, but I think that is mostly due to my insecurities and fully becoming comfortable with someone. I never signed up for a online dating site or actively looked for a relationship because I would immediately wuss out when someone showed me interest. The fact that me and my boyfriend were friends for a year, and then catching feelings and starting a relationship after was very comforting for me. I don't know what I would do honestly if I were single again, but it would be somewhere along those lines of getting to know someone for a period of time before thinking of them intimately.

Honestly I would avoid online dating sites, lots more fuck bois in there. Actively dating in general is pretty tiring and hard, especially if you're not about casual sex/sex before a relationship.

Personally I take things pretty slow despite having a high sex drive, but I think that is mostly due to my insecurities and fully becoming comfortable with someone. I never signed up for a online dating site or actively looked for a relationship because I would immediately wuss out when someone showed me interest. The fact that me and my boyfriend were friends for a year, and then catching feelings and starting a relationship after was very comforting for me. I don't know what I would do honestly if I were single again, but it would be somewhere along those lines of getting to know someone for a period of time before thinking of them intimately.

My sex drive is also really high and I feel like I'm driving a tow truck up a hill in the dating scene. If only the tow truck was a dick and the hill a pair of big balls.

I'm pretty confident and comfortable in my skin. I know what I want. But guys just kinda want everything casual. It's just ridiculous.

TBH, online dating seems like my last refuge. I'm sure there's a lot of guys online who want an actual relationship (I hope).

Terrorblot

My sex drive is also really high and I feel like I'm driving a tow truck up a hill in the dating scene. If only the tow truck was a dick and the hill a pair of big balls.

I'm literally laughing out loud at work.

IRL.

They'll meet me on the street or whatever, we'll exchange numbers n shit. "I'll call you beautiful." Then it goes downhill from there.

Holy crap this actually happens in real life?

I'm literally laughing out loud at work.

Holy crap this actually happens in real life?

I am courted often but not a lot of men have the courage to actually ask me out because I have resting bitch face and my confidence gets to them.

I may need to start dating interracially. Problem is, I'm generally not attracted to men outside my race. Uggghhhh.

Kisaya

IRL.

They'll meet me on the street or whatever, we'll exchange numbers n shit. "I'll call you, beautiful." Then it goes downhill from there.

Oof, well from my experience that never ends up going well :( I don't think most guys who want commitment would look for girls to pick up on the street.

If you live in a big city I would suggest maybe going to a bar or some sort of public event to mingle. meetup.com isn't a dating site, but you can find out what's happening in town where you might find someone interesting.

I am courted often but not a lot of men have the courage to actually ask me out because I have resting bitch face and my confidence gets to them.

I may need to start dating interracially. Problem is, I'm generally not attracted to men outside my race. Uggghhhh.

Lmao same, I'm a big mean bitch in general. Also I feel you on the race thing, cept I wouldn't date an Arab again but I don't think I would date anyone who wasn't brown.

cloudwalking

300chf ain't shit to me
I've been married for almost 10 years so I can't say much about the current state of dating... Tinder and all that is wayyyy past my time, but I'm sorry some of you are having troubles. :( I can see how the internet and dating apps give off this mentality that people are commodities and dating is disposable. If that's what people want, then cool, but for those that don't, could be frustrating :(

IRL.

They'll meet me on the street or whatever, we'll exchange numbers n shit. "I'll call you, beautiful." Then it goes downhill from there.

Every guy who ever cold approached me on the street was bad news :(

Oof, well from my experience that never ends up going well :( I don't think most guys who want commitment would look for girls to pick up on the street.

If you live in a big city I would suggest maybe going to a bar or some sort of public event to mingle. meetup.com isn't a dating site, but you can find out what's happening in town where you might find someone interesting.

Lmao same, I'm a big mean bitch in general. Also I feel you on the race thing, cept I wouldn't date an Arab again but I don't think I would date anyone who wasn't brown.

I go to fighting game meet ups and a lot of the guys there are intimidated. It's cute and hilarious and lonely.

I don't think I could date anyone but a man of color. It's just how I feel. Why no Arab men?

Nudull

Banned

I'm pretty confident and comfortable in my skin. I know what I want. But guys just kinda want everything casual. It's just ridiculous.

TBH, online dating seems like my last refuge. I'm sure there's a lot of guys online who want an actual relationship (I hope).

Online dating feels like my only choice. Even then, the majority of people that do show respect and interest in me are so far away from my area. Here, locally, it's just an ocean of trolls and creepers. It's a struggle, especially with dealing with my own sex drive.

IRL meeting is even more difficult for me, considering how...violent my family gets at the mere mention of queerness, let alone me dating/having sex at all instead of marrying the first person I see.

Terrorblot

Online dating feels like my only choice. Even then, the majority of people that do show respect and interest in me are so far away from my area. Here, locally, it's just an ocean of trolls and creepers. It's a struggle, especially with dealing with my own sex drive.

IRL meeting is even more difficult for me, considering how...violent my family gets at the mere mention of queerness, let alone me dating/having sex at all instead of marrying the first person I see.

I couldn't imagine having to deal with that kind of mental torture from family. I feel really lucky when I came out as trans my family's biggest concern was just how horrible it was that I was unhappy. My mom still get's a litle dicey around the idea of not having grandkids but I think she's getting over it.

Meanwhile I'm just sitting here listening to hip hop at work, mentally 30 seconds ahead of the song scanning for curse words.

Wow. I'm out.

?

The worst hell is finding a guy who maybe sorta kinda clicks and you don't know if you do, but he's too far away to even find out.

Ceallach

Smells like fresh rosebuds
I kinda gave up on it. I have way too much going on in my life to stress myself out looking for a man anymore. I just cant deal with the drama. I mainly focus on my career and kid, and just have some fwbs to satisfy the primal urges,

Tbh i dated a dude i met in real life at a party for 3.5 years and it was garbage. I stopped looking for guys after having bad IRL experiences, became a hermit and was on here nonstop, then I met HD unexpectedly on here months later.

The best advice I can give is not to fixate on dating. Love yourself and treat yourself. Do all the things you want to do dating wise but with yourself. Not only does this self love do numbers for your self confidence, it really helps you appreciate all the little things about yourself you never notice on a daily basis.

The only thing that does suck is the no booty/dick but buying yourself nice toys and exploring yourself can be a really rad experience.

Something will come along eventually but until then, date yourself and learn to love yourself in ways you never imagined. It can be really fun if you open yourself up to it. :>

One thing I'm really struggling with (among many things, I guess) is trying to put myself out there post-divorce. Feels like I have a big red flag on me.

Love yourself and treat yourself. Do all the things you want to do dating wise but with yourself. Not only does this self love do numbers for your self confidence, it really helps you appreciate all the little things about yourself you never notice on a daily basis.

This is great advice and something I really, really struggle with.

Anyway sorry to be posting so much in this thread XD

One thing I'm really struggling with (among many things, I guess) is trying to put myself out there post-divorce. Feels like I have a big red flag on me.

There is no red flag. You were a person before your marriage and you are still a person following it. Love yourself all the more now. Take hour long extra bubbly bubble baths, buy yourself a big cheesecake cause why the fuck not, treat yourself to a new pair of shoes or a dress you always wanted. Do everything you have wanted to and never did. Its the best feeling in the world when you do whatever the fuck you want all the time. Learn to love yourself and you will never want to be anyone else.

Anyway sorry to be posting so much in this thread XD

Nah you're cool, man. What bento said was really good though and I agree

i love you all and i feel your pains ;___; good luck mah sis/bros <3 the dating world seems brutal and full with minefields but i hope you all will find good partners to laugh with and lovelovelove

<3

Best thing to do is write a list of what you want out of life and then find someone who has a list of their own. Sounds a bit unromantic, but it gets things moving, that's for sure. :)

I hated the dating scene and what a crap shoot it was. Most guys have the time to just take things casually, and that's their prerogative, but man it makes it hard for those that want proper relationships. I do think online dating (not Tinder) has helped a lot in that regard to weed out those looking for a bit of casual fun, but it's still tough. Good luck, ladies!

i love you all and i feel your pains ;___; good luck mah sis/bros <3 the dating world seems brutal and full with minefields but i hope you all will find good partners to laugh with and lovelovelove

<3

There's always Mr. Merlot or Ms. Chardonnay~ :D

Hi, I hope you guys don't mind me butting in. I'm hoping to get some thoughts on opinions on something.

I'm a Chinese American who was born in China but raised in New York. Now after 25 years, I'm back in China working (I'm typing this from work actually). My dating life back in NY is very mundane. Yet now that I'm in China, I figured I'd try online dating. Besides being culture shocked, I also feel really empty and bored with the girls there. I just can't connect with any of these girls. I got this girl who says she fell in love with me after finding out I live in a foreign country. WTF? It's not like I live in the farms, I'm in a big rich Chinese city. I've met several girls face to face, but at the end of the day, I couldn't feel more apathetic towards them. I only met them just to say I did.

You guys think I should continue to meet the girls after the first date even if there's no spark to give it a chance, or am I doing the right thing to bail after the first meeting? Did any of you continue to see a guy after a first date even though you felt nothing? My dates weren't disasters by any means, but I feel like I was just going through the motions.

Top Bottom