• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GirlGAF |OT 2| Shall I Compare Thee to a Summer's Eve?

Oh wow. It's been a while.

Kids don't reach maximum cuteness until about 4 years old when they're already potty trained. Then it's cuteness level red until about 8 or 9 years old and then it's all down hill from there.

I miss when my niece used to not roll her eyes at me. :/

I mean like I'm sure id be fine with a kid if it happened but I'm preeeeeety sure I can't have them (I've just got a gut feeling and my period is messed up as shit, like I get it every two months if that and birth control isn't helping) but that's cool right now. Maybe later it will change but I don't think it'll happen whether I want it to or not so fuck it.

Nudull

Banned
I mean like I'm sure id be fine with a kid if it happened but I'm preeeeeety sure I can't have them (I've just got a gut feeling and my period is messed up as shit, like I get it every two months if that and birth control isn't helping) but that's cool right now. Maybe later it will change but I don't think it'll happen whether I want it to or not so fuck it.

For me, it's a mix of "I wouldn't be opposed to having kids, but it's far from a priority in my life" and "I'm far from feeling ready to become a parent, and I'm afraid of becoming like my own messed-up folks".

For me, it's a mix of "I wouldn't be opposed to having kids, but it's far from a priority in my life" and "I'm far from feeling ready to become a parent, and I'm afraid of becoming like my own messed-up folks".

I think I'd be a good mom I just don't really want to dedicate my entire life and all of my money for someone else. I worked hard to get where I'm at and hopefully I'll be further in the future and I did it for me, not for someone else.

Kimaka

I'm on the fence about having kids. If I could hand someone my kid from toddler age to pre-teen, I would strongly consider it. Babies are cute and all they do is eat, sleep, and poop. If they cry, it is usually for a reason and I can deal with crying easily. Ten and up, they do their own thing and you can have more mature conversations with them when they aren't doing their moody teen thing. Between that though? It is constant attention, non-stop talking, and tantrums. I don't have the patience nor want to deal with that for years.

I've only had those experiences as a babysitter so maybe the dynamic is different as a parent.

Kisaya

Kai's the cutest fat baby ever tho ;O;

Yeah he's great...

UjkX8um.jpg

i love that you are yakyakyakyakreasonablewordsyakyakyak, then ended it with FUCK IT

babes, u so metal i luvs it lol <3

AND KAI IS SUPER CUTE AMG WTH * ____ *

Nudull

Banned
I think I'd be a good mom I just don't really want to dedicate my entire life and all of my money for someone else. I worked hard to get where I'm at and hopefully I'll be further in the future and I did it for me, not for someone else.

I hear you. ^_^ The constant societal pressure of "family and kids" does get to me, though. Being casual, let alone being poly, makes me feel a little like an outcast. I just want to at least focus on making sure I'm alive, stable and living a life that I'm comfortable with first, you know?

Yeah he's great...

Adorable! :D

i love that you are yakyakyakyakreasonablewordsyakyakyak, then ended it with FUCK IT

babes, u so metal i luvs it lol <3

AND KAI IS SUPER CUTE AMG WTH * ____ *

Luv u <3

I hear you. ^_^ The constant societal pressure of "family and kids" does get to me, though. Being casual, let alone being poly, makes me feel a little like an outcast. I just want to at least focus on making sure I'm alive, stable and living a life that I'm comfortable with first, you know?

I'm more focused on being happy and being with people that make me happy. Like I'd much rather get married as opposed to having kids. Because kids are a handful and I don't necessarily know if they'd make me happy? I dunno. I just wanna focus on what I know to be true, if that makes sense. It's not like you can return a kid so I'd just wanna be like 2000% sure.

i'd have kids if they come with a good health plan and weekends off

and maybe some sick leaves too

and some conflict escalation process, when tantrum arises

.... but having to be responsible and accessible and unconditionally bound to someone just because i produced the entity for 24/7 365days a year without being able to call it quits from time to time .... may be a bit too much for this weakling

parentsGAF, i salute y'all. y'all are magnificent warriors <3

Nudull

Banned
I'm more focused on being happy and being with people that make me happy. Like I'd much rather get married as opposed to having kids. Because kids are a handful and I don't necessarily know if they'd make me happy? I dunno. I just wanna focus on what I know to be true, if that makes sense. It's not like you can return a kid so I'd just wanna be like 2000% sure.

Exactly. It's one of those things that I really don't want to rush into.

My brother will be taking care of giving out grandkids, even if I don't. You'd think that would give me less pressure from the folks, but...

It never will, lmao. I don't know about yours but my mom wants a lot of grandkids. My dad has never talked about it so idk.

I have two older siblings who don't have kids or partners. My parents are always half-joking about how they are never having grandkids (we're still in our 20s jeez).

My brother's not even 20 yet and I'm almost 24, she keeps asking me when I'm gonna start dating people seriously but I'm...still working on that so it might be a while.

suzu

He's a high maintenance cat. Not affectionate but bites me when he wants attention. Poops outside his litter box. Spoiled. He's fat but he won't cuddle!!!

I'm constantly fighting with him &#128514;

He sounds almost exactly like Kitty, except she is a diligent pooper. lol

My mom wants grandkids though and I'm pretty sure my brother is as apathetic as I am about it so....lmao

Hah.. same thing with my family too.

Nudull

Banned
It never will, lmao. I don't know about yours but my mom wants a lot of grandkids. My dad has never talked about it so idk.

There's an extra hint of homophobia with my situation, so "start a family with kids and you'll have a proper, normal life" also becomes "start a family with kids or stay a failure of a person who never loved their parents". Don't even get me started about they feel about my career-related plans in life.

oh so you met on fb first? this gives me hope that finding someone online might still work out at some point. I don't think it's not romantic though. it's actually very romantic to find someone to agree with, no matter where or how.

me neither. I guess I'd just play along with whatever

We actually met on an expat forum first when we were working in Japan, then kept in touch. 7 years after that we started chatting again and got together. FB definitely gives you a bit of insight with no pressure that you normally wouldn't. Posts, likes, pictures... :D

And for all you ladies mulling over the kid thing, you may or may not change your mind, you may never change your mind, but one thing is for certain: do everything YOU want to do first. Travel, career, dream hobbies and goals. Best way to have no regrets is to feel fulfilled in your own life and make sure your dreams get their due before you embark on a tiny human that will need your full focus. Many people (mostly older) act like not having kids is the end all be all something you'll regret as a woman if you don't do it, but I don't think that's true. You're in the best position to have kids if you make sure you have no other regrets first, and even then, there's no need to. :)

There's an extra hint of homphobia with my situation, so "start a family with kids and you'll have a proper, normal life" also becomes "start a family with kids or stay a failure of a person who never loved their parents". Don't even get me started about they feel about my career-related plans in life.

my mom knows I'm bi but my dad doesn't. I'm fortunate that they've always been LGBT supporters and so I don't think they'll be opposed to the possibility of a "non-traditional" family in that regard but I think they'd be a little uneasy about any kid I have potentially not being mine. I dunno. Part of me doesn't really care what they think but then another part is really nervous about it all and I think it's playing a huge role in my apprehension for children.

@H. Pro, I'm definitely gonna do that. I have a ton of opportunities for travel in the next few years and I'm making pretty solid money right now so I can do whatever I want. A lot of my friends are married and already talking about kids and I'm like "but whyyyyy"

my mom knows I'm bi but my dad doesn't. I'm fortunate that they've always been LGBT supporters and so I don't think they'll be opposed to the possibility of a "non-traditional" family in that regard but I think they'd be a little uneasy about any kid I have potentially not being mine. I dunno. Part of me doesn't really care what they think but then another part is really nervous about it all and I think it's playing a huge role in my apprehension for children.

@H. Pro, I'm definitely gonna do that. I have a ton of opportunities for travel in the next few years and I'm making pretty solid money right now so I can do whatever I want. A lot of my friends are married and already talking about kids and I'm like "but whyyyyy"

Dooooo eeeeeet. :D Travel, work abroad, try every damn thing that sounds even mildly interesting! It kills me to see so many people (especially in the OT section) who seem bogged down by mundane life or scared to get out there. Time is limited, people! Don't waste it worrying. ^_^

That said, if you do decide to go for kids after you're satisfied with adventuring for a bit...

They are pretty cute.
When they're not screaming.

Dooooo eeeeeet. :D Travel, work abroad, try every damn thing that sounds even mildly interesting! It kills me to see so many people (especially in the OT section) who seem bogged down by mundane life or scared to get out there. Time is limited, people! Don't waste it worrying. ^_^

That said, if you do decide to go for kids after you're satisfied with adventuring for a bit...

They are pretty cute.

But the poop...

Nudull

Banned

They are pretty cute.

Stop trying to drown us all in optimism and adorable baby pictures, damn it! ;P

Solid advice, all around. ^_^

Pau

Why did I always picture Kai as skinny? I swear the other day my mum complained that cats get too fat and I was like "Nuh uh Kisaya's boyfriend's cat is skinny!" Whoops.

Speaking of dogs, my sister's is named Loki and I recently found out there are at least two other dogs in the immediate area named Loki. lol

I'm on the fence about having kids. If I could hand someone my kid from toddler age to pre-teen, I would strongly consider it. Babies are cute and all they do is eat, sleep, and poop. If they cry, it is usually for a reason and I can deal with crying easily. Ten and up, they do their own thing and you can have more mature conversations with them when they aren't doing their moody teen thing. Between that though? It is constant attention, non-stop talking, and tantrums. I don't have the patience nor want to deal with that for years.

I've only had those experiences as a babysitter so maybe the dynamic is different as a parent.

Similar for me, but not as drastic. Once the kids can go to the bathroom by themselves, I am all over it. Hell, maybe just once they can walk by themselves.

Babies terrify me though. I'm so worried I'll break them somehow. They seem way too fragile and they make me feel way too clumsy.

Top Bottom