• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GirlGAF |OT 2| Shall I Compare Thee to a Summer's Eve?

Kai gets fatter and fatter every time I see him in photos. Its cute as hell considering how sassy he is. Such a lumpy space prince :>

Ive been posting in here a lot more because ive lurked for a while and finally was like......i want to contribute my random thoughts even if they are dumb 💩

Kai gets fatter and fatter every time I see him in photos. Its cute as hell considering how sassy he is. Such a lumpy space prince :>

Ive been posting in here a lot more because ive lurked for a while and finally was like......i want to contribute my random thoughts even if they are dumb 💩

Dude you're thoughts are far from dumb I promise you

So, my eldest bro got me an early birthday gift, an Excel Saga boxset, dubbed! It's one of my favourite animes and finding the boxset for a reasonable price is a pain in the arse. I'm wondering just how much it set him back!

So this pretty much sums up the rest of my day...

FFG6H6Y.png

Gooood times!

I make bentos almost every day for Horse Detective's lunch so he doesnt blow all his dough on unhealthy fast food :3

If i could send them in the mail, i would be all up in your mailboxes like hogwarts letters trying to get to Harry Potter. 💕

Nudull

Banned
We're talking about anime now?, because I haven't seen jack shit in the past few months outside of the occasional episode of Dragon Ball Super. Kamen Rider has taken over my life.

...I do want to see The Sky Crawlers, though. I've been on an aviation/aerial combat mood, lately.

Tips on making cute bentos please. My new work schedule is terrible and now "lunch break" is "dinner break" and I just augh.

Simple is best.

I will either cook extra dinner and set it aside for the main protein in the bento the next day, or cut up my protein the night before and let it sit in its marinade so i can just cook it up in the AM and assemble.

I usually will do white rice topped with black sesame, cut up raw or roasted tomatoes with sea salt + some black pepper, chicken or pork thats breaded or just sauteed in soy sauce + little lemon juice + butter, and then put a bed of spinach at the bottom.

Super simple and really filling. Never takes me more than 10-15 minutes to crank one out.

Dice//

Banned
Dooooo eeeeeet. :D Travel, work abroad, try every damn thing that sounds even mildly interesting! It kills me to see so many people (especially in the OT section) who seem bogged down by mundane life or scared to get out there. Time is limited, people! Don't waste it worrying. ^_^

That said, if you do decide to go for kids after you're satisfied with adventuring for a bit...

They are pretty cute.
When they're not screaming.

Aaah! What a little marshmallow, H.Protagonist!! Congratulations on the little bundle of joy, I'm sure you'll be a great mum. :)

I prefer this version. :p

So I'm job hunting today and I can't decide if I want to go back to pastry (I just left working a line in a restaurant serving over 500+ people) , applying to go back to my last coffee job and pushing for a barista position (I have 4 years of experience, one of my first passions) , or applying for a job doing makeup since I know so much about it as a hobby.

;____; I cant decide.

Swamped

Banned
So I'm job hunting today and I can't decide if I want to go back to pastry (I just left working a line in a restaurant serving over 500+ people) , applying to go back to my last coffee job and pushing for a barista position (I have 4 years of experience, one of my first passions) , or applying for a job doing makeup since I know so much about it as a hobby.

;____; I cant decide.

Change your username to InfiniteChoices :D

But seriously, the world is yours! Also consider other mundane aspects like location, flexibility, environment (meaning co-workers) etc. Then again, these things aren't important to everyone.

Well my problem is is that I moved to Chicago to do pastry and work in restaurants, I've done so for 8 months now and just let it go because I wasn't happy. The restaurant was too big and the amount of work I was doing didn't feel like I was getting any pay off. Their plating wasn't my style, frankly.

I always work in craft coffee because its a niche market and not many people can do the things that I've been trained to do over the years. Work in that field is always plentiful especially in a serious career path regard.

Makeup would only be in the sense of a simple retail job with the perks of discounts on products I really adore.

I'm stuck between doing serious job shit again, doing something I enjoy and consume every day, or trying something new for the perks of the market its in.

Well my problem is is that I moved to Chicago to do pastry and work in restaurants, I've done so for 8 months now and just let it go because I wasn't happy. The restaurant was too big and the amount of work I was doing didn't feel like I was getting any pay off. Their plating wasn't my style, frankly.

I always work in craft coffee because its a niche market and not many people can do the things that I've been trained to do over the years. Work in that field is always plentiful especially in a serious career path regard.

Makeup would only be in the sense of a simple retail job with the perks of discounts on products I really adore.

I'm stuck between doing serious job shit again, doing something I enjoy and consume every day, or trying something new for the perks of the market its in.

Have you ever worked retail? I ask because even if you enjoy what you're selling, the field as a whole sucks. I worked at Game Stop for almost three years and while I super enjoyed what I was talking about to customers, it was such a small part of the overall corporate wheel. "Sell this, push this, make sure you do this, etc.".

Kisaya

Why did I always picture Kai as skinny? I swear the other day my mum complained that cats get too fat and I was like "Nuh uh Kisaya's boyfriend's cat is skinny!" Whoops.

He's always been big, just he used to wear it a lot better haha. Our current apt is tiny so he's not moving as much as he used to, so the weight is catching up to him XD

You and Kisaya are IRL friends?

We're long distance right now since I left my hometown ;(

I'm waiting for his neck to completely disappear so that he's in full Tubbs mode.

Also ffffff job hunting!! I have no idea what my schedule is going to look like next month. Good luck Bento >_<

Have you ever worked retail? I ask because even if you enjoy what you're selling, the field as a whole sucks. I worked at Game Stop for almost three years and while I super enjoyed what I was talking about to customers, it was such a small part of the overall corporate wheel. "Sell this, push this, make sure you do this, etc.".

Yeah, I worked at Gamestop and Spirit Halloween for a bit. In comparison to the food industry, retail is a damn cake walk >.>

I think I may do coffee and then use my income from that to invest in starting up a food/life blog. Kinda something I've always wanted to venture into so I can work doing what I love and spend my free time doing another thing I love but on my own terms.

:3

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl
Honestly can't picture anyone else voicing Excel considering the call backs to her VA's previous roles like Usagi from Sailor Moon I shotted above.

I worked at Gamestop too and had the exact same experience. I hated it.

Im seriously hype as fuck about this blog thing.

Pulled out a notebook and started writing ideas. How I'm going to set it up. Content info. Etc etc etc.

holy shit im excited

Kimaka

I remember almost nothing about Excel Saga. I rented it from Blockbuster years ago and I'm pretty sure I watched it out of order.

Well.

I did it. I made an ok Cupid account yesterday.

So far I'm at 50 visits, 24 likes, 19 messages.

Sigh time to sift through this...wish me luck.

Good luck with that. I have a friend that uses it and she has have success with it.

So far a fair amount of the messages call me "chocolate." Those go right in the garbage bin. On a plus side, a guy I messaged yesterday replied. I hope this works. I'm shocked I've gotten about 9-10 messages per day. I thought I wouldn't get attention as a black woman, but it's not that bad (yet).

So far a fair amount of the messages call me "chocolate." Those go right in the garbage bin. On a plus side, a guy I messaged yesterday replied. I hope this works. I'm shocked I've gotten about 9-10 messages per day. I thought I wouldn't get attention as a black woman, but it's not that bad (yet).

I think women get a shit ton of messages in general since there seem to be few on there in comparison to men. but as you already noticed it's mostly trash. I delete about 90%.
but I wish you the best of luck! there are always at least a couple of interesting people.

I think women get a shit ton of messages in general since there seem to be few on there in comparison to men. but as you already noticed it's mostly trash. I delete about 90%.
but I wish you the best of luck! there are always at least a couple of interesting people.

"u ever have white dick before?"

I did get a good reply from the guy I messaged. Let's hope it turns into something.

"u ever have white dick before?"

I did get a good reply from the guy I messaged. Let's hope it turns into something.

Oh lawdy. I've had cringeworthy "Flirty" shit thrown at me, but that's some next level dumb shit right there! I remember the last guy I chatted with on a dating site said:

"Nice purple hair babe, want me to give it white highlights?"

This was my profile pic at the time:

jm2y3Of.jpg

I have to admit, I got a bit of amusement out of it but he was swiftly removed! Now I just hang out at my local metal dive to meet fellas and chicks these days! Had way more success!

Nudull

Banned
I've had dudes on dating sites either bragging about their penis or trying to show theirs to me. That, on top of all the racial shit.

did he just brag about his white dick? oh god. but yeah, this happens sometimes. but great you already found someone that seems promising so quickly :)

It sometimes doesn't matter. My friend has been using OKC and she'd hit it off with a dude and when date time came he had to cancel because he was too tired. No harm no foul, but the he does it again and just says he can't make it. So I'm not in the green yet.

Oh lawdy. I've had cringeworthy "Flirty" shit thrown at me, but that's some next level dumb shit right there! I remember the last guy I chatted with on a dating site said:

"Nice purple hair babe, want me to give it white highlights?"

This was my profile pic at the time:

I have to admit, I got a bit of amusement out of it but he was swiftly removed! Now I just hang out at my local metal dive to meet fellas and chicks these days! Had way more success!

Purple is the best color. I like your hair! And that's a gross first message. I'm glad you're getting better success elsewhere...maybe I should try something similar.

It sometimes doesn't matter. My friend has been using OKC and she'd hit it off with a dude and when date time came he had to cancel because he was too tired. No harm no foul, but the he does it again and just says he can't make it. So I'm not in the green yet.

oh, definitely. I had a guy I was regularly talking to that turned out to be lowkey psycho when we met. still haven't given up hope though. I actually met people there I'm friends with now. at least in an online kinda way but still.

Nudull

Banned
oh, definitely. I had a guy I was regularly talking to that turned out to be lowkey psycho when we met. still haven't given up hope though. I actually met people there I'm friends with now. at least in an online kinda way but still.

Glad you're at least making some friends. :)

I've had dudes on dating sites either bragging about their penis or trying to show theirs to me. That, on top of all the racial shit.

I never got that tactic of guys trying to show us their knobs before they've even secured a first date.

"Yeah, showing this lass a blurry, shitty pic of my radiator hose right out the gate is a sure-fire way to get her salivating and jumping into the sack, beep, beep! Next stop laidville, population me!"

Top Bottom