• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GirlGAF |OT 2| Shall I Compare Thee to a Summer's Eve?

Nudull

Banned
What racial shit they tell you?

Mostly older dudes going out of the way to get into my pants, offer race-play or take advantage of me out of pity, since I'm *obviously* wasn't going to get much attention anyway and I must be "easy". I've had the "you should be grateful" talk thrown at me at least once.

Florida, everybody!

Mostly older dudes going out of the way to get into my pants, offer race-play or take advantage of me out of pity, since I'm *obviously* wasn't going to get much attention anyway and I must be "easy". I've had the "you should be grateful" talk thrown at me at least once.

Florida, everybody!

What race are you if you don't mind me asking?

I can see it's a difference experience with heterosexual women as I expected. For me, I never really gotten any messages on dating sites. A few visits here and there, but that's it. I sympathize with y'all getting those disrespectful messages and pics. It's tacky and nasty as hell to me.

good luck cindi !!! hope there is one or two good, SANE ones in the midst of that muck~

bentooooo, you and horsey are too adorbs amg <3 also good luck with jobbie !!! i'd suggest barista but that's biasbias since i love my baristas and mah coffees hahaha :> the coffee scene in melbourne spoils me rotten .___.

whats your coffee of choice girlgaf?

i used to have flat whites a lot but i've gone back to capucinno with 2 sugar for a bit then now im drinking caramel lattes.

For me it has to be, the one, the only, the amazing...NOTCOFFEE!

IDShot_540x540.jpg

Notcoffee is pretty amazing!

1. It's not coffee
2. It tastes totally chocolatey
3. Did I mention it's not coffee?

Give me notcoffee over coffee any day!

lol not coffee XD

i loves hot chocolates too :> they are really yummy in the winter months :D

niney is not a coffee drinker? aaaaaa my SO is also non coffee person... *judging looks*

lol kidding :D

....or am i~

good luck cindi !!! hope there is one or two good, SANE ones in the midst of that muck~

bentooooo, you and horsey are too adorbs amg <3 also good luck with jobbie !!! i'd suggest barista but that's biasbias since i love my baristas and mah coffees hahaha :> the coffee scene in melbourne spoils me rotten .___.

i used to have flat whites a lot but i've gone back to capucinno with 2 sugar for a bit then now im drinking caramel lattes.

Mocha. From Starbucks.

Something about it.

I happen to be black.

Oh my. A fellow sister. I feel you. I hope it doesn't get that bad for me.

I prefer tea to coffee. Yes, I'm one of those people. I even own an infusor, three tea pots, one kettle, at least ten different teas, and I even use loose leaf.

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl
I'm cool with tea so I can do that if offered. I occasionally make some myself with some of the supplies a friend gave me when I'm feeling a bit under the weather and it's great.

i love tea too * ____ *

green tea at the local cafe was so delicious like whoa~

i donno how to properly brew tea though. seems like an art.

cindi! speaking of starbucks! did you try the gingerbread latte from starbucks during xmas time? it was so delicious~

suzu

I like mocha coffee. I also have a bag of instant white coffee mix at home. hehe

I like tea.. green tea, jasmine, chrysanthemum, a bunch of Chinese tea that I can't remember or pronounce.

I love any coffee. Going without it is a struggle.

Rhode Island has coffee milk, which is just coffee Cyrus (like chocolate syrup) that you put in milk. It's great. I miss it. It's not caffeinated but I love it anyway.

Misha

Banned
I'm a tea person only because coffee makes me soooooo anxious. It's a shame cause I think it's delicious :/

I don't know why but recently soda started to do that to me. Doesn't happen all the time but one bottle is enough to get me shaky sometimes. I thought I had a bad flu the first time it happened. its awful

I dont like tea or coffee tho so none of that for me.

Kisaya

I don't know why but recently soda started to do that to me. Doesn't happen all the time but one bottle is enough to get me shaky sometimes. I thought I had a bad flu the first time it happened. its awful

I dont like tea or coffee tho so none of that for me.

Once I ordered a "pure black" and I literally got the flu because it must have shut down my immune system. Never again :<

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
So far a fair amount of the messages call me "chocolate."
"u ever have white dick before?"
Jesus fucking Christ. My sympathies.

I really wonder though. How fucking brain-dead are those guys? Like, are they just trolling/think you're unattractive and purposefully trying to piss you off (not that it'd be any more acceptable, mind, but I could see a "sort" of logic behind it), or are they actually trying to impress you and hoping to secure a date?

And even if they come upon a profile they don't like, man, why would you even bother sending stupid-as-fuck offensive messages to begin with? What a waste of time. Pathetic wretches, the lot of 'em.

I never got that tactic of guys trying to show us their knobs before they've even secured a first date.

"Yeah, showing this lass a blurry, shitty pic of my radiator hose right out the gate is a sure-fire way to get her salivating and jumping into the sack, beep, beep! Next stop laidville, population me!"
ROFL
You sure have a way with words! And yeah I really don't get it. Even if I were single and looking to date, a dick pic is the last thing I want to see. Like, I don't even want to see dick pics of my own boyfriend's, not because he's unattractive, I just... don't see the appeal. There's nothing arousing or hot or sexy or cool about a close up of genitals, like, ever. At least to me.

But since they're so popular I guess some folks must enjoy seeing them...? :S

I happen to be black.
I hear black women (and Asian men) have the biggest hurdles on dating sites. So far your and Cindi's experience seem to confirm that. :\

I'm quite content with normal (but good quality!) filtered coffee with a bit of milk and sugar. Not too much, or it's a syrupy mess. Tim Hortons is pretty consistently good, wayyyy better than the abominable Dunkin Donuts from across the border. -)

In the summer, though, nothing beats a Timmy Ice Capp (aka Tim Hortons Ice Cappucino). Guys, if you never had this... I feel sorry for you. xD

I'll never forget last summer, when I was visiting NYC with 2 girlfriends and it was a hot sunny day of July and we'd be walking for a while and wondering about getting refreshments.... then we stumble upon a friggin' Tim Hortons in the middle of Manhattan! Of course we headed straight there and got ourselves a nice, sugary Oreo Iced Capp. The mix of frosty cold, sugary awesomeness, and caffeine was just glorious.

Yep, we were total Canadians right there.

Am I the only one who likes iced coffee on the regular?
I used to be like that. I used to enjoy all the coffee-flavoured things, from ice cream to cake and candy, and eventually iced coffee. But I didn't like hot coffee.

Until one day, at a restaurant I'm a regular at, I was having breakfast and coffee was included. I typically ask to replace it for a tea and they do but this time I forgot and the waitress just brought coffee. Oops. So I shrugged, poured a bit of milk and sugar in it, took a sip... "Hey... this is actually not bad!"

Cue my boyfriend giving me a look of hurt and betrayal. One thing we no longer had in common was our dislike of coffee. :D I've been drinking it regularly, though not abusively (once a day except on some occasions), ever since.

Well pretty much my experience with coffee products is "this smells great!" *drinks* "This tastes awful."
Haha, yes the smell is wonderful. Maybe the taste will grow on you?

Some guys think calling a dark skin girl chocolate or caramel is new or unique and they think it's sexy. But I don't want to be equated to food unless it's by a man I'm really, really into and he knows how to get me off.

Dark skinned men refer to themselves that way too. Anything as a pickup line. XD

But yeah, getting sexual or overly personal with a stranger is very off putting.

Men are more willing to objectify themselves to get in a girls pants. But yeah, doesn't make it right. It's stupid. Why would you describe yourself as a dessert to exotify yourself?

Nudull

Banned
I hear black women (and Asian men) have the biggest hurdles on dating sites. So far your and Cindi's experience seem to confirm that. :\

It's definitely true. Take me being genderfluid on top on being not-white, and the grossness gets taken up to 11. Considering my own self-image issues, it's a nightmare trying to slog through messages like that.

I try to combat the depression and anxiety in any way I can. Listening to metal helps. <3

I used to be like that. I used to enjoy all the coffee-flavoured things, from ice cream to cake and candy, and eventually iced coffee. But I didn't like hot coffee.

Until one day, at a restaurant I'm a regular at, I was having breakfast and coffee was included. I typically ask to replace it for a tea and they do but this time I forgot and the waitress just brought coffee. Oops. So I shrugged, poured a bit of milk and sugar in it, took a sip... "Hey... this is actually not bad!"

Cue my boyfriend giving me a look of hurt and betrayal. One thing we no longer had in common was our dislike of coffee. :D I've been drinking it regularly, though not abusively (once a day except on some occasions), ever since.

Hot coffee is something I'm only now slowly getting used to (usually with milk/cream and a bit of sugar). Several restaurant trips have had a hand in that, too (go figure :p). Making it on my own is something I'm still a little new to, but it's isn't bad. My past attempts at homemade iced coffee didn't go so well, but I've been wanting to try again.

Funny enough, I've never had that much coffee-flavored stuff outside of actual coffee. I always assume it would just taste bittersweet.

Some guys think calling a dark skin girl chocolate or caramel is new or unique and they think it's sexy. But I don't want to be equated to food unless it's by a man I'm really, really into and he knows how to get me off.

I usually don't flirt with a stranger unless I know we're both on the same wavelength, and even then, I feel that kind of nicknaming gets uncomfortably close to exotification (which is the usual case for a lot of these guys on dating sites).

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
I'm so pale my dad asked me if I was going to start sparkling once
lol

I recall two recent comments about my skin tone. One of which was cute and hilarious, the other who was WTF (I think it was my skin tone... but I could be projecting? don't know what else it could have been about though).

The first one was by an internet friend/acquaintance from Mexico, commenting on a picture where you could see my feet/calf:
"That's the whitest leg I've ever seen! I own white socks that aren't as white as this!" xD

The WTF one was, when walking in Jersey City last summer, crossing the street, some black dude was crossing the other way and quickly said to me in passing, "Good job, you could scare the Holy Ghost". I just ignored him, but... wut? Some attempt at a joke I guess?

White privilege though, I know, since the worst we get are weird comments instead of, you know, getting shot by cops for wearing hoodies and whatnot. :\

Swamped

Banned
Heh. :)

I wanted to poke at the metal thread on GAF for the longest time, but I always feel a bit nervous about sharing my musical tastes. I don't get to gush about it with others often, let alone in communities like these.

What bands? Somehow I can only enjoy metal with female vocalists XD

I figure for a lot of guys just think "what would get me interested?" and therefore go straight to nude photos. It's like, "if I was into dick, I'd want dick pics. Therefore, I shall send dick pics."

I also think there's a lil bit of a power play involved when sending unsolicited dick pics. Like, you're essentially forcing someone to look at and admire your junk.

I mean if someone asks for them, cool. Or if the moment's right and you're sexting and you send a pic that's fine. But like, during a new conversation? Fuck you.

I also think there's a lil bit of a power play involved when sending unsolicited dick pics. Like, you're essentially forcing someone to look at and admire your junk.

I mean if someone asks for them, cool. Or if the moment's right and you're sexting and you send a pic that's fine. But like, during a new conversation? Fuck you.

Yeah, good point.

I figure for a lot of guys just think "what would get me interested?" and therefore go straight to nude photos. It's like, "if I was into dick, I'd want dick pics. Therefore, I shall send dick pics."

For this reason I'll give him a chance to prove himself interesting enough. I'll tell him flat out that's not cool and guage his answer. If it's an earnest apology, I'll give the convo a chance. If it's "fuck you bitch". Then he's on ignore.

Pretty generous of you, in my opinion!

This is only if he says he's going to send dick pics because he thinks I would want them. I cut him off immediately and remind him his place.

If he sends a dick pic straight up without asking then he's gone. But if he *thinks* I'm interested in seeing his dick immediately, then he's going to be put on the spot. Depending on his reaction - hostile or understanding - I think that clarifying a communication error is important. Guys do that because it unfortunately works with some girls. That's an unfortunate fact. So they're gonna try it again in the future. I think it's important to stress that you're not the same girl and to express that. Sometimes communication between the sexes is scrambled, and men just think we get off the same way they do like you said. "I like tits and I like ass, if a girl sent me her tits without me asking I'd get hard as fuck and beat off! I'd like it, so I bet she'd like a snap of this dick." It's a basic misunderstanding and assumption that female sexuality works just like male sexuality.

As much as I want to ogle at a fat, thick penis with a big vein on it, I'd much rather see it when it's attached to a guy that I actually LIKE.

This is only if he says he's going to send dick pics because he thinks I would want them. I cut him off immediately and remind him his place.

If he sends a dick pic straight up without asking then he's gone. But if he *thinks* I'm interested in seeing his dick immediately, then he's going to be put on the spot. Depending on his reaction - hostile or understanding - I think that clarifying a communication error is important. Guys do that because it unfortunately works with some girls. That's an unfortunate fact. So they're gonna try it again in the future. I think it's important to stress that you're not the same girl and to express that. Sometimes communication between the sexes is scrambled, and men just think we get off the same way they do like you said. "I like tits and I like ass, if a girl sent me her tits without me asking I'd get hard as fuck and beat off! I'd like it, so I bet she'd like a snap of this dick." It's a basic misunderstanding and assumption that female sexuality works just like male sexuality.

As much as I want to ogle at a fat, thick penis with a big vein on it, I'd much rather see it when it's attached to a guy that I actually LIKE.

That's very fair of you and well-reasoned. I just have little patience for guys who haven't pieced it together, it just seems so boorish. I get it when you're a teenager and you do non-stop stupid shit, but people in their mid-20s and above should really know better.

Then again apparently if as you say some girls like it (I've never met one who said she did!), then yeah, if it works once try, try again I guess. Not my place to judge, I suppose, I just don't get it personally. :)

Top Bottom