• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GirlGAF |OT 2| Shall I Compare Thee to a Summer's Eve?

Pau

i wear flipflops at home (or barefoot) but at work i do wear heels

they are so pretty, but yeah, they are not too kind on the feet. so depending on how the day looks like, if i anticipating a lot of walking around, i go with the flats. dressy up days, though, heels.

i am a vain woman ;___;

I can't wear heels unless its for something hella fancy.

Boots always but I'm vibing high fashion shit lately thanks to HD being a terrible influence ;___;

also, I just accidentally napped for 3 hours. Fuck :(

Lucian Cat

Kissed a mod for a tag; liked it
I'm a nurse so I wear the boring old nurse shoes with crazy padding lol.

Big fan of heels though but they're not practical at work :(

NetMapel

Guilty White Male Mods Gave Me This Tag
Y'all saw the Meghan Trainor thread? Or the PwC heel thread? GAF is on fire lately showing their complete lack of awareness of women and heels...

Leeness

I hate heels lol.

Tried walking in them once, like Bambi on ice and then my feet were sore for days.

718050.gif

Nudull

Banned
Y'all saw the Meghan Trainor thread? Or the PwC heel thread? GAF is on fire lately showing their complete lack of awareness of women and heels...

"Women wear high-heels all the time, balancing and walking at the same tine can't be that hard."

*rolling eyes eternally*

Kimaka

The PwC one, yeah. lol at wearing a tie being the same as wearing high heels.

I hate heels lol.

Tried walking in them once, like Bambi on ice and then my feet were sore for days.

718050.gif

I can only wear heels if they are thick and on boots. Otherwise, I am that gif.

Nudull

Banned
Heels fuck up your feet and damage you irreparably.

They're the one beauty standard I just won't do. Makeup, etc, whatever...but heels are the equivalent of corsets that break/sprain your ribs and fuck up your intestines.

No way. Will never wear them. I wore flats to all my interviews (including with PwC).

B-b-but dress codes! What would the menfolk think?! :p

I dig heels. I'm really tiny and people always tend to think I'm younger than I actually am so wearing them always gives me a boost in self confidence. I don't wear them all the time but I love how they can transfrom a person.

R

Rösti

Unconfirmed Member
Heels fuck up your feet and damage you irreparably.

They're the one beauty standard I just won't do. Makeup, etc, whatever...but heels are the equivalent of corsets that break/sprain your ribs and fuck up your intestines.

No way. Will never wear them. I wore flats to all my interviews (including with PwC).
I applaud this. Footwear known to cause things as hammer toe and bunions ought to be discouraged as items of a dress code. There's nothing wrong with flat shoes at work. Ballerina flats, docksides or even jellies are fine alternatives to high heels. Best in my opinion are orthopedic shoes however. They cost a bit more but offer much better support for the feet.

Ceallach

Smells like fresh rosebuds
I love heels. It's one of the reasons I like wearing the naval service uniform, I can wear a skirt and heels with jt

suzu

I only wear high heels when I want to be fancy and don't need to walk around much. My pain tolerance is low and my balance is shit. hah

My anxiety is eating me alive today.

I keep taking baths to calm myself down but fuck this sucks.

it feels like my heart is going to explode out of my chest :<

Nudull

Banned
Comic book store I'm working at is officially opening next monday. Pretty excited for it, considering how hard I fought for the spot. ^_^ Also interesting that my crew is almost entirely made up of women and non-binary folks.

Man I wish I could go to Mitsuwa again. ):

I've never been to Mitsuwa. ;_;

My anxiety is eating me alive today.

I keep taking baths to calm myself down but fuck this sucks.

it feels like my heart is going to explode out of my chest :<

I know the feeling all too well, dealing with anxiety. :( We're all here, if you need to talk about anything.

Its just one of those moments where it feels like everything and nothing is wrong. Room feels tiny as fuck and everything feels like its closing in.

Maybe it has to do with the fact that I've been reformatting my resume all day. Job hunting is stressful. I know I shouldn't worry too much but its the first time in almost 3 weeks that I've gotten anything done since my best friend passed away. Im trying to function again and its proving to be super difficult ;_____;

Nudull

Banned
Be patient with yourself. Get some tea, take a nice bath, make a battle plan and come back to it when you're relaxed and can think with a straight head.

^ This, absolutely.

Losing someone can wreak havoc on you emotionally, especially with having anxiety on top of it all. Take all the time you need to do some self-care.

Its just one of those moments where it feels like everything and nothing is wrong. Room feels tiny as fuck and everything feels like its closing in.

Maybe it has to do with the fact that I've been reformatting my resume all day. Job hunting is stressful. I know I shouldn't worry too much but its the first time in almost 3 weeks that I've gotten anything done since my best friend passed away. Im trying to function again and its proving to be super difficult ;_____;

*hugs*

sorry to hear about your friend :< and yes, job hunting is hella stressful. hope you allow yourself some space just to breathe bebento~

<3

You guys are literally the sweetest people ever.

I think the hardest part is just kinda facing that someone is gone, ya know? Being like.....that's it. The finality of it. I've been soaking it in and it still feels surreal sometimes.

Im learning a lot about myself from this loss tho. I'm learning to let go of anger and appreciate moments I have with people rather than being the emotional douchey cunt I was before.

It's been really eye opening considering this is the first time I've experienced personal loss.

It's bittersweet as fuck but I'm proud of the person I'm becoming from it.

You guys are literally the sweetest people ever.

I think the hardest part is just kinda facing that someone is gone, ya know? Being like.....that's it. The finality of it. I've been soaking it in and it still feels surreal sometimes.

Im learning a lot about myself from this loss tho. I'm learning to let go of anger and appreciate moments I have with people rather than being the emotional douchey cunt I was before.

It's been really eye opening considering this is the first time I've experienced personal loss.

It's bittersweet as fuck but I'm proud of the person I'm becoming from it.

It takes time. When you lose something you care about, whether that be a physical person or a relationship (in all its forms), or just if something bad happens in your life, you have to allow yourself time to heal. When something bothers me, I have a bad habit of being too harsh on myself. Like, I'll go, "Shit, you're such a fucking loser, you should be tougher than this, don't let it affect you so much, just get on with your life." But it's never that easy, and I've had to learn the hard way that you have to be kind to yourself. Forgive yourself, go "I've got this, I just have to take my time with it, Rome wasn't built in a day," etc.

I treat myself, I try to pick out my good qualities, I surround myself in the things that I enjoy doing and the people who I know give a shit about me. So even though it sucks, and I know you've got a lot going on right now with the job hunt, but just...you've got this. Don't rush trying to get better and don't throw yourself into things that cause you unnecessary stress. Do it at your own pace.

Nudull

Banned
The last time I've dealt with loss was with my grandfather. By that point, both of my grandparents had gone away. The moment it hit me was the first real time I ever really looked into myself and my own mortality. Like WhereAreMahDragonz said, losing someone or letting go of a personal relationship can eat you from the inside. You have to forgive and love yourself no matter what, remember that people care about you and find a way to carry on. The job hunt can be pretty bad too, but again, take everything at your own pace.

You're the best, Bento. :)

I've been taking care of myself a lot lately. Mostly spending time with HD, writing a lot, pursuing my personal interests more often.

It's been really great for me mentally. Its more so the anxiety of getting back to finding a job and doing things again thats getting me a little bit.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
Its more so the anxiety of getting back to finding a job and doing things again thats getting me a little bit.

Job hunting can be a long and arduous ordeal. Took me 9 months and 8 months each for my last two positions...searching, applying, interviews, and ending up as runner-up countless times throughout both of those.

So, went on a Netflix binge and noticed they had an Anime section and came across "Highschool Of The Dead". Synopsis seemed promising, a bunch of highschool students trying to survive a zombie apocalypse in Japan? That seems right up my alley! So I give it a chance and watch about 8 episodes and that's about all I can take. The whole female cast is pretty much just eye candy. There's like ONE character out of all the ladies I like and that's Saya Takagi, she's confident, doesn't take shit, and always has a backup plan. The rest of them are just fodder for panty shots, titshots, and a bunch of light cheesecake action.

The point I both burst into laughter AND gave up on the show was when the main protaganist used one of the girls breasts as a shoulder cushion to go prone, and aim down sights with a sniper rifle. I'm all for a bit of fanservice but fuck does this show go overboard with this shit. Neat concept, terrible execution!

Women, we're the best recoil absorbers ever!
LR4puFF.jpg

Top Bottom