• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GirlGAF |OT 2| Shall I Compare Thee to a Summer's Eve?

I will fight him for you

image.php

Magneto-perfection.gif

How dark does Death Parade get? o.o

Not so much dark as it is tragic. ;^;

Manga > *

I couldn't get into Space Dandy or Kill La Kill because of the overt fan service. Haven't watched anime in years. You'd have to force me to watch anime that isn't old anime at this point.

And tonight's date was....good. First time doing the online dating thing. I liked it. We went to a local joint and had gyro's and talked as we watched the sunset. Then we went to the theatre I was talking about. I had fun, and he'll definitely be seeing me again if he wants to. He has a nice personality, and I like his smile. He's pretty interesting too! We're the same age so we're at a similar place in life as well. I admit that the date went so well, I sort of wanted him to kiss me at the end of it, but it's too soon for that.

Kinsei

Banned
Manga > *

I couldn't get into Space Dandy or Kill La Kill because of the overt fan service. Haven't watched anime in years. You'd have to force me to watch anime that isn't old anime at this point.

And tonight's date was....good. First time doing the online dating thing. I liked it. We went to a local joint and had gyro's and talked as we watched the sunset. Then we went to the theatre I was talking about. I had fun, and he'll definitely be seeing me again if he wants to. He has a nice personality, and I like his smile. He's pretty interesting too! We're the same age so we're at a similar place in life as well. I admit that the date went so well, I sort of wanted him to kiss me at the end of it, but it's too soon for that.

I'm glad it went well!

Nudull

Banned

Glad to hear, Cindi! :)

Never had gyros before. Huh.

Manga > *

yessssssssssssssssss

\o/ another manga reader \o/

i cant get into KLK for the same reasons also. i understand that "over the top" is its "style" but there's so much of the hypersexualisation of female characters as it is in the media that it couldnt hook me by its schtick of absurdisation of tropes :x

(and yeah, there are men objectification also in KLK but the tone is soooooooooooooo wildly different. in men, they are ridiculed, in girls/women, they are still proffered as eyecandy) (why) (men are just as human and delectable) (idk) (DONT GET ME STARTED, Y'ALL)

:x

and glad to hear your date went so well !!! HI FIIVEEEEE o/ hope there's more lovely times for you cindibb <3

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl
i've seen jojo, shinsekai yori and tokyo ghoul

they are nice :>

but i just get this feeling that i have to actually look reallllly hard to find them gems :x

i havent given up on anime, just every time an idiotic trope pervasively ruins something i get a bit more sadangryface

currently just finished watching prince of stride and east of eden and in the middle of tempest something or other.... and for whatever reasons, starting seraph no owari

.____.

bwah i should draw more and less wasting time watching stuuuuuufffffffff .3.
You should draw more! I made it a goal to do a sketch everyday at the very least!
This was todays that I just did: http://i.imgur.com/bGmwzXo.png

guys im dying laughing right now send halp

https://vine.co/v/ePgXdYEimDF

lol what the hell?

yessssssssssssssssss

i cant get into KLK for the same reasons also. i understand that "over the top" is its "style" but there's so much of the hypersexualisation of female characters as it is in the media that it couldnt hook me by its schtick of absurdisation of tropes :x

(and yeah, there are men objectification also in KLK but the tone is soooooooooooooo wildly different. in men, they are ridiculed, in girls/women, they are still proffered as eyecandy) (why) (men are just as human and delectable) (idk) (DONT GET ME STARTED, Y'ALL)

and glad to hear your date went so well !!! HI FIIVEEEEE o/ hope there's more lovely times for you cindibb <3

I was loving the premise of KLK. Episode 1 had me sold.

And then all of a sudden she's half naked and she's like a 15-16 year old kid.

I lasted five episodes.

Stinker.

I do watch JoJo.

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl

And then all of a sudden she's half naked.

I lasted five episodes.

Stinker.

Well it was expected since the basic outline was out for a good while. It falls apart anyways since they didn't plan out the actual story and retcon a ton in the latter half and switch antagonists so you dodged a bullet either way.

Nudull

Banned
yessssssssssssssssss

You as well? I'm actually reading Yu Yu Hakusho and the Nausicaa manga right now. :)

and I agree about KLK. The objectification is so uneven that I'm surprised that people still defend it as "equal opportunity".

You're missing out

I do love soft tacos and burritos with a passion. c:

You as well? I'm actually reading Yu Yu Hakusho and the Nausicaa manga right now. :)

and I agree about KLK. The objectification is so uneven that I'm surprised that people still defend it as "equal opportunity".

I do love soft tacos and burritos with a passion. c:

Gyros are very different. They have lamb instead of beef and some kind of Greek dressing. I prefer them to burritos though

You should draw more! I made it a goal to do a sketch everyday at the very least!

aaaaaaa thats lovely *___*

i have been trying to draw once a day .... trying.

the free portrait thread has been my practice ground :>

And then all of a sudden she's half naked and she's like a 15-16 year old kid.

I lasted five episodes.

Stinker.

I do watch JoJo.

JoJo saves us all :>

YYH is so much fun :>

I'm reading a few things atm: Shingeki, Kingdom, Gangsta, Ballroom e yokoso, kuroko, HxH and some horror one-shots. i love me my horror one-shots.

aaaaaaa thats lovely *___*

i have been trying to draw once a day .... trying.

the free portrait thread has been my practice ground :>

JoJo saves us all :>

Have you seen those models that do JoJo hand signs like they're regular signs or whatever to secretly show the world the power of JoJo?

That is my life goal.

I should give it a look having some more subjects would be good for when I run out of ideas.

it's really good practice for realism :>

but i like drawing anime/manga style too for fantastical outfits and stuff aww yeaaahh

Have you seen those models that do JoJo hand signs like they're regular signs or whatever to secretly show the world the power of JoJo?

That is my life goal.

omg no i didnt know about that! that is so awesome XD

Oooh, horror fan? :3

*nodsnodsnodsnods*

i really like the weird, creepy, foreboding stuff.... :> they are so lovely *____*

im reading the collection of one-shots from yoko matsumoto at the moment. and of course, junji itou is addictive like whoa~ and i really enjoyed fourteen so im tracking down some of the author's other works. i got orochi lined up to read :>

does nunu also like horror? :>

suzu

i actually prefer manga too :>

what suzuchan reading atm~

Dorohedoro, Otoyomegatari, Gangsta, Attack on Titan, Tokyo Ghoul, Arslan, HxH, One Piece, Nanatsu no Taizai.. and a few others I can't remember right now. @_@

Never had gyros before. Huh.

Lamb gyros are so goood. I have to hold myself back from gorging all the time since there's a tiny Greek place near my home that makes awesome gyros. lol

That's an awesome sketch! I'm excited for Overwatch~

Nudull

Banned
*nodsnodsnodsnods*

i really like the weird, creepy, foreboding stuff.... :> they are so lovely *____*

im reading the collection of one-shots from yoko matsumoto at the moment. and of course, junji itou is addictive like whoa~ and i really enjoyed fourteen so im tracking down some of the author's other works. i got orochi lined up to read :>

does nunu also like horror? :>

Indeed I am, nice to meet another! I will admit, I have yet to read anything from Junji Itou. :c

Yeah, I've pretty much dropped anime unless it comes VERY highly recommended, or is a Miyazaki film or something. Watched Attack on Titan which was cool, some Kill La Kill which is so over-the-top that I can sort of forgive its fanservicey nature (though I haven't finished it, so who knows how long I can forgive it). I watched some Sgt. Frog? Little Witch Academia is pretty great.

I used to watch a ton of it way back when, starting with Sailor Moon when I was little. Sort of watched it in secret because I felt like everyone would think I was weird for watching it.

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
Attack on Titan would be good if it weren't so annoying to watch. The characters and plot are interesting but the storytelling is garbage. Really really bad. Horrid pacing, constant recycling of subplots, hammering the point over your head constantly like you're stupid, etc. It's infuriating to watch.

Yet I watched all of it because I was intrigued by the overall plot. :\ I didn't know it wasn't a finished series... dammit.

Nudull

Banned
Attack on Titan would be good if it weren't so annoying to watch. The characters and plot are interesting but the storytelling is garbage. Really really bad. Horrid pacing, constant recycling of subplots, hammering the point over your head constantly like you're stupid, etc. It's infuriating to watch.

Yet I watched all of it because I was intrigued by the overall plot. :\ I didn't know it wasn't a finished series... dammit.

I loved AoT when I watched it the first time and everything was shiny and new to me, but it was super-rough on a rewatch. I've heard the pacing gets worse as it goes on (manga-wise, at least), so I dunno if I'm gonna watch season 2.

Dorohedoro, Otoyomegatari, Gangsta, Attack on Titan, Tokyo Ghoul, Arslan, HxH, One Piece, Nanatsu no Taizai.. and a few others I can't remember right now. @_@

I loved dorohedoro :> that guy with the heart mask and hammer was my jam &#128157;

Ahhhh~

... Now I wanna try lamb gyrooooo

Swamped

Banned
how many gaf girls live in the bay area

<-----heres one

Me me me! Although I'm moving to Boston in a couple of months lol.

I don't watch as much anime as I used to either, but that's not because I don't want to, I just don't have enough time any more :(

Still! I have to say I did enjoy Kill la Kill. Yeah, fan service was truly over the top, but the action scenes, humor and art were a blast. Additionally, I thought that despite the fan service, the female characters were really powerful, shonen style. You don't normally see that in anime! There are plenty of scenes where they are half-naked or whatever but nobody in the show seems to care lol. The thing that really annoys me personally about fan service is when the other characters in the show react in unsavory ways to it.

Although hmm... it's been a while but thinking back there were some rather distrubing scenes in it...oh well.

My favorite Slice of Life work would be Nana. I've been waiting for years for the manga to finish, especially since it's so close to the climax.

I love NANA so much! I laughed, I cried...last I heard the author was not feeling well, and this was years ago. Is she still planning on finishing the series?

I do love slice of life. Really enjoyed Barakamon out of recent anime.

olympia

Me me me! Although I'm moving to Boston in a couple of months lol.

lol, yeah people are getting out :(

<3 My favorite band, along with My Morning Jacket.

They haven't released anything between Mene and this that I've missed, have they?!

This song sounds very old for them, like YFW era but with better production and more mature sounding.

not yet, but keep an eye out for lp5, supposed to be out this week. i agree with your analysis

Indeed I am, nice to meet another! I will admit, I have yet to read anything from Junji Itou. :c

aaaaah he's an... acquired taste :x hahaha~

what horror does nunu read? :>

it's getting colder and colder in melbourne, i love it *____* whats your favourite winter / summer dish, girlgaf (i imagine the temperature is rising at your side of the world as it drops at this part of the world.... o spherical world u so craycray)

i had pho the other day and it's such an awesome winter favourite *_____* beef brisket pho and pork ramen are the bestest for the colder months. with chilled beer *_____* omnomnomnomnom

Lucian Cat

Kissed a mod for a tag; liked it
it's getting colder and colder in melbourne, i love it *____* whats your favourite winter / summer dish, girlgaf (i imagine the temperature is rising at your side of the world as it drops at this part of the world.... o spherical world u so craycray)

i had pho the other day and it's such an awesome winter favourite *_____* beef brisket pho and pork ramen are the bestest for the colder months. with chilled beer *_____* omnomnomnomnom

I actually have to wear a jacket at work now. This is an outrage!
Jacket on? Too warm. Jacket off? Too cold. Jacket sleeves rolled up? Still too hot. ;_____;
That was actually my whole day today.

Ceallach

Smells like fresh rosebuds
I actually have to wear a jacket at work now. This is an outrage!
Jacket on? Too warm. Jacket off? Too cold. Jacket sleeves rolled up? Still too hot. ;_____;
That was actually my whole day today.
This is my struggle. In the morning it's cold, so I wear my fleece, but then it gets too warm so I take it off and roll my sleeves up, but then I get cold inside and it's just a fight all day

Top Bottom