• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GirlGAF |OT 2| Shall I Compare Thee to a Summer's Eve?

GOOD LUCK ON FINALS BUNNI <33333333

turn that granola bar energy into RIGHTEOUS ANGER and then turn that RIGHTEOUS ANGER into braaaaaaaiiiiiiiiiinnnnnnnnnnn poweeeeeeerrrrrrrrrrrrr

raaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrr

omg 60 to 100 per person..... twice a month .... bunbuns, you be livin' the life *_____* good on ya girrrrrlllllllllll <3

Hey everyone &#9734;&#12316;&#65288;&#12445;&#12290;&#8706;&#65289;

Okay so I need some hair advice.

This is what I want to do to my hair:
507d9d1cb5c1493e457087cf82a946cb.jpg

I went to a color bar near my house that looks punkish and like they do this kind of hair coloring a lot. When I asked for a consultation the chick said it would be like $195-235. Which as I understand it from my friends is expensive but not outrageous. (To me it's really expensive). Then today I was going to pay my dentist and me and the receptionist got to talking because I complimented her on how awesome her hair looked. Anyways, long story short she told me that she is a freelance stylist and gave me her business card that has her Instagram on it. And she does house calls.

Which should I go with? I think the freelance stylist will probably be cheaper (no taxes and doesn't have to pay anything to a salon). But there's also not as much accountability as with the colorist that works at the salon.

What do you guys think?

I went to a color bar near my house that looks punkish and like the do this kind of hair coloring a lot. When I asked for a consultation the chick said it would be like $195-235. Which as I understand it from my friends is expensive but not outrageous. (To me it's really expensive). Then today I was going to pay my dentist and me and the receptionist got to talking because I complimented her on how awesome her hair looked. Anyways, long story short she told me that she is a freelance stylist and gave me her business card that has her Instagram on it. And she does house calls.

Which should I go with? I think the freelance stylist will probably be cheaper (no taxes and doesn't have to pay anything to a salon). But there's also not as much accountability as with the colorist that works at the salon.

What do you guys think?

you could ask the freelancer if she has any pics of hair she did. if you have no sort of reference there's always a bit of risk involved. 195-235 $ really seems mad expensive to me though :0

you could ask the freelancer if she has any pics of hair she did. if you have no sort of reference there's always a bit of risk involved. 195-235 $ really seems mad expensive to me though :0

She does have pictures on her Instagram that I looked at. They were nice, but none of them were of like a colored ombré (but did have some pictures of vibrantly colored hair). She had some of brunette to blonde ombrés..but I don't feel that those are as difficult as what I'm asking for.

olympia

post her insta? (if it's public)

e: also it could be expensive because a lot of the supplies for coloring hair like that have to be imported or they have to do olaplex to get the hair to be light enough color

She does have pictures on her Instagram that I looked at. They were nice, but none of them were of like a colored ombré (but did have some pictures of vibrantly colored hair). She had some of brunette to blonde ombrés..but I don't feel that those are as difficult as what I'm asking for.

I just called the salon I was going to for a brunette/blonde ombre...it's about 200&#8364; in total for me too.
~.~

just ask the freelancer what she's taking for, then you can compare
edit: just saw her pics...they look fine but pretty standard. for a normal haircut/dye I'd definitely go there if it's cheaper but ombre can be tricky.

olympia

it's a barbershop chain? Like that's fine, but there aren't any independent stylists near you? Idk I'd shop around if you're in a metropolitan area.

but more to your question I'd just go to the shop even though it's pretty pricey. the blue ombré does look nice

What do you mean independent stylists? Like stylist in a salon that's only in the city? I'm almost gonna show the place where I get my eyebrows done (they do hair as well) and get an estimate from them. What are the benefits of independent stylist?

olympia

I say independent I'm pretty much referring to a local business that essentially hosts stylists (as opposed to going to an employee of a chain business).

Frequently these stylists have more cutting-edge and novel approaches to color and a good opportunity to develop a relationship with them as their client. The stylists at these places work for themselves so they are really skilled and driven people. also it might be less expensive. Plus it's always good to support local business ;)

but like I mentioned if you don't live in a metropolitan area it might be tough to find local salon like this that you like.

and the barbershop place looks fine, I was just suggesting that you explore your options :)

Ah I gotcha. Basically they are more likely to do a stellar job because it's their personal name out there versus a chain company. I live in a city and there are lots of salons in the area. So I'll definitely check around. That's my problem: I see one thing and feel like I need to give someone my business simply because I have a hard time saying "no thank you, I decided not to go with you". So this will be good practice.

Also thanks for the advice Olympia and everyone else as well.

Samimista

Internet shopping is addicting because you can find the cutest shit for so cheap. Makes me want to die lmao

Just skipped out on going to a concert I paid for 2 months ago so I can focus on job hunting. Applied to 7 new places including places that are way too damn fancy for me but I'm still going to give it a shot and cross my fingers. Working for restaurants is a damn shot in the dark.

Aside from that, mostly just playing Dark Souls 3 and hanging out HD while spending way too much time on Tumblr hahaha @.@

Haha! I'm the same way but with video games on Steam. XD Just a year ago, I only had 34 games, but I now have 190. It gets addicting buying with all the sales going on.

Do you use any specific site for shopping, though?

Ah, sorry to hear that, but I do admire how hard you've been job hunting. :) Have you applied to any cafes? I could see you working in one. Cafes are very cute.

Can never go wrong with Tumblr. I always like looking at the clothing ideas. They have really cute things on there. :)

As for Dark Souls, I still need to beat the first one, but I hope you and HD are enjoying 3. :)

Looks like I know what I'm gonna have for lunch! :D Steak and rice.

So far, I've just had Publix-brand eggnog. XD No one in my family has ever known how to make it. I was tempted to try it with vodka, but we ran out of the latter before I could. It was my first time trying eggnog last year, and it is way more delicious than it has any right to be. :p

I live further south, around the Ft. Lauderdale area. :)

Thanks for the rec! <3

Haha, I'll have to try that brand. :) I do prefer shopping in Publix over Wal-Mart. Less crowded and Publix has the best subs. :D Dat chicken tender sub. <3

Ooh, you live about 4/5 hours from where I'm at. I've been to Ft. Lauderdale a few times, it's very beautiful down there. Is the Boardwalk still there? From what I remember, there's a lot to do in Ft. Lauderdale. I have two step brothers who live in Hollywood.

Anytime. :)

Also, your idea of eating French onion soup in a bread bowl, I gotta try it. xD French onion soup is absolutely delicious, so I can only imagine how heavenly it'll taste in a bread bowl, haha.

I've been in Georgia for the past two days and have not given a fuck about my strict diet cause I deserve sweet and greasy southern food.

Hush puppies are &#128525;&#128525;&#128525;

Haha. The south is known for their BBQ food and sweet tea. ;)

How are you liking Georgia so far?

Hush puppies do look delicious. Have yet to try one, myself, though.

fuck it's like 1am and i'm sitting here eating a granola bar because FINALS, wishing i could have ANY of what i just listed :(

Haha, sushi is very addicting. xD Sometimes I wish it's all I could eat. It is crazy how pricey it gets.

Oh, no! :( Sorry to hear about finals. I hope it goes well with you.

Are you gonna be taking the summer off from college?

I went to a color bar near my house that looks punkish and like they do this kind of hair coloring a lot. When I asked for a consultation the chick said it would be like $195-235. Which as I understand it from my friends is expensive but not outrageous. (To me it's really expensive). Then today I was going to pay my dentist and me and the receptionist got to talking because I complimented her on how awesome her hair looked. Anyways, long story short she told me that she is a freelance stylist and gave me her business card that has her Instagram on it. And she does house calls.

What do you guys think?

Hey! :) I'm afraid I know nothing about hair styling, but I just gotta say, the hair in the picture you posted looks perfection.

I personally would pay for a professional, but that's because I'd be skeptical of anyone else dyeing/styling my hair.

That's really steep for something that probably won't last very long?

But what do I know, never coloured my hair...

Well I chose a color that would look good with my hair if it was growing out. I think because the top is pretty dark and my roots are dark it shouldn't show up too bad.

Also, I think I'm going with the salon that does my eyebrows. I really jive well with the guy and as Olympia said id be supporting local business. His schedule also fits well with mine on when I could do it. And it is on my upper budget ($230), but it'll be one of those "treat yo self" type of things.

If he does a really good job and it's $230, how much should I tip?

Edit: Bunny, thanks for the hair tips. Will definitely pamper my hair ;)

Misha

Banned
I don't know this as well as others, because I lucked out. I have low maintenance hair, in that I can wash it and go. No need to style or anything @_@.
Just one final left :).

& I'm GRADUATING. Job starts on the 27th of June.. weeeeee. A free month.
My hair is pretty bad with oil but I've got my shampooing down to ~3 times a week. Looks great the first day and passable the next one or two. I also don't have to style my hair if I don't want which is nice.

The main thing I wasn't too sure about was the oil and stuff. Also I guess for that I'm not sure, do you just put the oil in or wash your hair with just water first?

Also I have issues with a dry scalp but idk. I'll look into those things at least

Personally I much prefer the workforce over school so I hope that goes well for you too :)

You better not be joking~.

I've already taken THREE people from GAF out for sushi... and countless more IRL. Converted nearly all of them... one of them even texted me to tell me how she got laid because she impressed a sushi snob thanks to where I took her xD.

If you're ever in Orange County, you HAVE to make good on this and let me take you out to dinner :). I promise you won't regret it.

(Same goes for anyone else in town.)

Hell yeah! I'm sure I'll be back there eventually, and when I am I'm going to get in touch :D

That just means it's time for dessert!

p8NZECu.gif

Seeing these gifs gives me anxiety because I've made those entremets before and macarons and all of that in school and its a bitch. Feelin' so triggered right now ;_____;

What do you guys think?

I'm bleaching my hair then toning it/coloring it later this summer at a professional salon. It's going to run me $200 and take about 4 to 5 hours but they're beyond experienced so its worth every penny.

Do not go to freelancers. You risk burning and damaging your hair. All it takes is slightly too much of the chemicals and your hair will break to the point of needing to shave your head. You want color, invest in color. Don't settle for less ever or you will regret it deeply.

Haha! I'm the same way but with video games on Steam. XD Just a year ago, I only had 34 games, but I now have 190. It gets addicting buying with all the sales going on.

Do you use any specific site for shopping, though?

Ah, sorry to hear that, but I do admire how hard you've been job hunting. :) Have you applied to any cafes? I could see you working in one. Cafes are very cute.

Can never go wrong with Tumblr. I always like looking at the clothing ideas. They have really cute things on there. :)

As for Dark Souls, I still need to beat the first one, but I hope you and HD are enjoying 3. :)

I use a lot of different sites for different things. Sheinside is great if you want cheap yet nice clothing. I buy shorts and simple basic tops from H&M or F21 tho. I import stuff too from time to time because its a lot cheaper but it takes longer for it to arrive. Its all depending on what I'm looking for tbh :>

Speaking of jobs, I applied to 7 jobs yesterday and I HAVE AN INTERVIEW TOMORROW ALREADY AHHHHHHHHHHH I'm hype as fuck. Its a barista position at a restaurant near the restaurant I used to work at. Coffee quality won't be amazing but they use coffee from Intelligentsia, whom I used to work for, so it wont be too terrible. Gonna showcase my latte art skills and kick some buns ;)

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
*takes notes*

What's a good routine for hair normally anyway?
My routine is as simple as it gets:

- Wash (shampoo + conditioner -- separately, not 2-in-1), 2-3 times a week.
- Brush regularly

Yep, that's it. Literally it. Never hair-dry it either, just towel it a bit and let it dry out. I haven't cut it in like 16+ years either (no trimming either, nothing).

If I worked out/sweat a lot, I'll wash it otherwise it's a bit nasty, otherwise I can go a few days without washing my hair. It's very, very long and washing it is a bit tedious, so that works for me.

Everyone says my hair is gorgeous so I must be doing something right! Of course, it's also quite long so that's likely part of the reason people say it looks good, but I bet they wouldn't say that if it was very long and nasty-looking, haha. I admit I'm also lucky because it's 100% straight, no curls, and it's not too thick, so it's not that bad to maintain. Someone with much thicker hair or with heavy curls would probably need more maintenance even if their hair were shorter than mine.

Nudull

Banned

- Brush regularly

Yep, that's it. Literally it. Never hair-dry it either, just towel it a bit and let it dry out. I haven't cut it in like 16+ years either (no trimming either, nothing).

If I worked out/sweat a lot, I'll wash it otherwise it's a bit nasty, otherwise I can go a few days without washing my hair. It's very, very long and washing it is a bit tedious, so that works for me.

Everyone says my hair is gorgeous so I must be doing something right! Of course, it's also quite long so that's likely part of the reason people say it looks good, but I bet they wouldn't say that if it was very long and nasty-looking, haha. I admit I'm also lucky because it's 100% straight, no curls, and it's not too thick, so it's not that bad to maintain. Someone with much thicker hair or with heavy curls would probably need more maintenance even if their hair were shorter than mine.

Pretty similar to my routine, though my hair is poofy. XD

Kisaya

My hair is super curly and high maintaince :/ I have to wash it every four days, and when I do I just wash the top of my hair and let the soap trickle down to my ends cause they get dry super easily.

Daily routine is just wetting my hair, putting in some moisturizer, and hoping for the best :( I've been wanting to dye it for a long time but I'm too scared of how much drier my hair will be, and it's too much of a time investment to take care of every day.

My hair is super curly and high maintaince :/ I have to wash it every four days, and when I do I just wash the top of my hair and let the soap trickle down to my ends cause they get dry super easily.

Daily routine is just wetting my hair, putting in some moisturizer, and hoping for the best :( I've been wanting to dye it for a long time but I'm too scared of how much drier my hair will be, and it's too much of a time investment to take care of every day.

Have you tried out this stuff?

If not, you totally should.
Its fucking magic for moisturizing your hair especially with thick hair. I don't have curly hair but my thick ass spanish hair doesn't get nearly enough moisture from conditioners or daily moisturizers so I switched to deep conditioning with this and its been insane. My hair is all soft and silky plus it smells like heaven for days :>

Kisaya

Have you tried out this stuff?

If not, you totally should.
Its fucking magic for moisturizing your hair especially with thick hair. I don't have curly hair but my thick ass spanish hair doesn't get nearly enough moisture from conditioners or daily moisturizers so I switched to deep conditioning with this and its been insane. My hair is all soft and silky plus it smells like heaven for days :>

I haven't! Hopefully I can find this on Amazon? :3 I'm honestly always willing to try new products!

Misha

Banned

- Brush regularly

Everyone says my hair is gorgeous so I must be doing something right! Of course, it's also quite long so that's likely part of the reason people say it looks good, but I bet they wouldn't say that if it was very long and nasty-looking, haha. I admit I'm also lucky because it's 100% straight, no curls, and it's not too thick, so It's not that bad to maintain. Someone with much thicker hair or with heavy curls would probably need more maintenance even if their hair were shorter than mine.
That's me rn tho it's more like a year without cutting it rather than 15 years :p
I used to get a lot of complements from stylists but it's gotten progressively worse over the years. I've heard changing your diet might help but haven't gotten around to committing to that yet

Terrorblot

So I'll be moving in a few months! My best female friend is buying a house with her boyfriend and renting two rooms to me and our mutual male friend. The place is beautiful and I love both friends dearly, but there are some things I'm kind of nervous about. Male friend has been holding a flame for Female friend for like, the last 10 years. She knows, he knows, her boyfriend knows, Male friend often makes inappropriate comments and does creepy things like invading personal space, making comments about female friends body, etc. Female friend hates hates hates this but values the friendship and laughs it off. It's at the point where they actually have to say things out loud to him about like "if you try to catch a peek at me in the shower you're getting kicked out of the house". Obviously nothing like that has ever actually happened but I can't help but feel like putting them under the same roof is playing with fire, and despite creepiness factor we actually do enjoy the guys company so I'd hate to see things go up in smoke.

On the other hand, for my own selfish reasons I'm sort of relieved that he's moving in as well, because it puts some pressure off me being scared of being the "bad roommate". IDK. Whole things kind of wonk.

I haven't! Hopefully I can find this on Amazon? :3 I'm honestly always willing to try new products!

Yaaaaasssss

They also have it at walgreens for $12 I think. :3

So I'll be moving in a few months! My best female friend is buying a house with her boyfriend and renting two rooms to me and our mutual male friend. The place is beautiful and I love both friends dearly, but there are some things I'm kind of nervous about. Male friend has been holding a flame for Female friend for like, the last 10 years. She knows, he knows, her boyfriend knows, Male friend often makes inappropriate comments and does creepy things like invading personal space, making comments about female friends body, etc. Female friend hates hates hates this but values the friendship and laughs it off. It's at the point where they actually have to say things out loud to him about like "if you try to catch a peek at me in the shower you're getting kicked out of the house". Obviously nothing like that has ever actually happened but I can't help but feel like putting them under the same roof is playing with fire, and despite creepiness factor we actually do enjoy the guys company so I'd hate to see things go up in smoke.

On the other hand, for my own selfish reasons I'm sort of relieved that he's moving in as well, because it puts some pressure off me being scared of being the "bad roommate". IDK. Whole things kind of wonk.

Thats a pretty big red flag. If he can't control himself and maintain being an normal human being around her, he should not be living with all of you whatsoever. It's only going to add fuel to the fire considering he will see her far more often and in more vulnerable positions considering its going to be her home too. If all of you continuously tell this dude to not make comments and he does so regardless or offhandedly does shit then get rid of him tbh. Despite being a good friend, if he is disrespectful to her as a human being by being misogynistic openly and blatantly disrespecting her relationship in that process, it won't get better living together. Also, does she feed into it at all or does she tell him off?

Terrorblot

Yaaaaasssss

They also have it at walgreens for $12 I think. :3

Thats a pretty big red flag. If he can't control himself and maintain being an normal human being around her, he should not be living with all of you whatsoever. It's only going to add fuel to the fire considering he will see her far more often and in more vulnerable positions considering its going to be her home too. If all of you continuously tell this dude to not make comments and he does so regardless or offhandedly does shit then get rid of him tbh. Despite being a good friend, if he is disrespectful to her as a human being by being misogynistic openly and blatantly disrespecting her relationship in that process, it won't get better living together. Also, does she feed into it at all or does she tell him off?

A little of column A a little of column B. She has been abundantly clear about it in recent memory but a lot of this cemented years ago in high school and she was kind of a flirt then (but in her defense, HIGH SCHOOL). She doesn't drive and he does all sorts of shit for her like drives her to work, etc. It's kind of odd. It used to be that the three of us all hung out as a trio and pretty much just mallrated around town, but I left for college and upon returning to town 4 years later it developed into a relationship where he's basically her chauffeur. I think she buys him coffees and stuff or there's some sort of give and take but more or less its clear which way things are going. ¯\_(&#12484;)_/¯

A little of column A a little of column B. She has been abundantly clear about it in recent memory but a lot of this cemented years ago in high school and she was kind of a flirt then (but in her defense, HIGH SCHOOL). She doesn't drive and he does all sorts of shit for her like drives her to work, etc. It's kind of odd. It used to be that the three of us all hung out as a trio and pretty much just mallrated around town, but I left for college and upon returning to town 4 years later it developed into a relationship where he's basically her chauffeur. I think she buys him coffees and stuff or there's some sort of give and take but more or less its clear which way things are going. ¯\_(&#12484;)_/¯

Speaking from experience of me being a fucking terrible person once upon a time, don't get involved with those people. If she is feeding him even the slightest bit back, she enjoys it even if (for the sake of her relationship) she professes she doesn't. Its only going to get more messy as time goes on because if you can't be platonic friends with someone right out the gate and have clear boundaries that everyone understands paired with the decency of overall respect, you shouldn't be friends at all. Self control and consideration for your relationship is key and living under a roof where those two are playing games won't go well for anyone after time passes.

I was the same way as her for a while. I had male friends whom I knew had feels n shit and confronted them on the subjects but kept letting stuff slide out of hopes it would eventually stop or magically just disappear and they would deal with their shit. It wouldn't and didn't. I played my part in situations too, I would cook them food or buy them stuff I knew they liked out of acts of being friends but never considered how I was contributing fuel to the fire I already knew was there. I should've distanced myself but didn't. That or I didn't care enough to stop because I was selfish for the attention + favors. Long story short, after me being a fucking terrible person individually and in my relationship (which I was in the entirety of these situations), I learned the valuable lesson of how you should never have friends who 1.) disrespect your relationship whatsoever and 2.) cannot be platonic friends with you. The moment shit gets weird, you need to walk away. I played my part, I admit, and took my lashes for doing so, I owned up to the fact that I was careless and selfish and it took a while for me to fully understand how much of a piece of shit I was. I owed my boyfriend so much for forgiving me for being that way in our relationship but It took a while for me to understand how much I was hurting him. The same will apply to their situation.

There comes a point where you have to pull back and look at the big picture. Is having a friend like that worth hurting someone you love? What do you gain from being friends with someone who disregards your relationship freely and doesn't respect being platonic friends? How do you play a role in this and are contributing to furthering that situation?

The overall fact is that being friends with those people is toxic. She has to grow and tell that dude to GTFO and work on his shit before being real friends will ever happen but even that probably won't happen. Dudes had feels for a while and doesn't care what anyone thinks and thats obvious. The chances of him ever stopping feeling that way while their lives are in any way involved is slim to none.

You living with those people will only subject you to that drama. Its one thing if you live with them without that guy but moving in with them both having that drama together will only put you in the middle of a soap opera you didn't ask for.

Nudull

Banned
Second meeting with work turned out well on my end. Everyone's pretty excited, and I loved how they put everything out. I'm starting out with better pay than all of my previous jobs too, go figure. :)

We had an extra box full of Japanese candy and some drinks to try out ourselves (the comic book store doubles as a bubble tea/milk tea bar). We fed like royalty. :p

It's actually my first time trying out bubble tea, and it is awesome. And addictive.

Speaking from experience of me being a fucking terrible person once upon a time, don't get involved with those people. If she is feeding him even the slightest bit back, she enjoys it even if (for the sake of her relationship) she professes she doesn't. Its only going to get more messy as time goes on because if you can't be platonic friends with someone right out the gate and have clear boundaries that everyone understands paired with the decency of overall respect, you shouldn't be friends at all. Self control and consideration for your relationship is key and living under a roof where those two are playing games won't go well for anyone after time passes.

I was the same way as her for a while. I had male friends whom I knew had feels n shit and confronted them on the subjects but kept letting stuff slide out of hopes it would eventually stop or magically just disappear and they would deal with their shit. It wouldn't and didn't. I played my part in situations too, I would cook them food or buy them stuff I knew they liked out of acts of being friends but never considered how I was contributing fuel to the fire I already knew was there. I should've distanced myself but didn't. That or I didn't care enough to stop because I was selfish for the attention + favors. Long story short, after me being a fucking terrible person individually and in my relationship (which I was in the entirety of these situations), I learned the valuable lesson of how you should never have friends who 1.) disrespect your relationship whatsoever and 2.) cannot be platonic friends with you. The moment shit gets weird, you need to walk away. I played my part, I admit, and took my lashes for doing so, I owned up to the fact that I was careless and selfish and it took a while for me to fully understand how much of a piece of shit I was. I owed my boyfriend so much for forgiving me for being that way in our relationship but It took a while for me to understand how much I was hurting him. The same will apply to their situation.

There comes a point where you have to pull back and look at the big picture. Is having a friend like that worth hurting someone you love? What do you gain from being friends with someone who disregards your relationship freely and doesn't respect being platonic friends? How do you play a role in this and are contributing to furthering that situation?

The overall fact is that being friends with those people is toxic. She has to grow and tell that dude to GTFO and work on his shit before being real friends will ever happen but even that probably won't happen. Dudes had feels for a while and doesn't care what anyone thinks and thats obvious. The chances of him ever stopping feeling that way while their lives are in any way involved is slim to none.

You living with those people will only subject you to that drama. Its one thing if you live with them without that guy but moving in with them both having that drama together will only put you in the middle of a soap opera you didn't ask for.

Yeah, definitely a lot of truth in this. Kudos, Bento.

Aiustis

Second meeting with work turned out well on my end. Everyone's pretty excited, and I loved how they put everything out. I'm starting out with better pay than all of my previous jobs too, go figure. :)

We had an extra box full of Japanese candy and some drinks to try out ourselves (the comic book store doubles as a bubble tea/milk tea bar). We fed like royalty. :p

It's actually my first time trying out bubble tea, and it is awesome. And addictive.
Yaaay That's good.

Also bubble tea is delicious.

Terrorblot

Thanks for the advice. I'll be moving in anyway but at the very least I won't be signing a lease / have any obligation to stay if shit gets weird, although hopefully that won't be the case.

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl
My natural hair is black and I have other people do it because it's a pain to do so myself. Which reminds me I should schedule an appointment before my cousin's wedding and have my sister pick out clothes for me again. lol

Lucian Cat

Kissed a mod for a tag; liked it
Me too. But I stick with browns so it's not too bad if I somehow screw it up (my natural hair color is black). lol

But I'd def go to a salon if I wanted a ombre coloring.
I'm a blonde and went blue yesterday. I haven't had a "normal" color in years haha

Kinsei

Banned
My natural hair is black and I have other people do it because it's a pain to do so myself. Which reminds me I should schedule an appointment before my cousin's wedding and have my sister pick out clothes for me again. lol

I know how you feel. My hair is pitch black and it's so difficult to color.

i also one of the black hair and colours just dont take. tried it once and picked blonde and ended up with really, really dark brown hair that was practically almost black anyway

._____.

on the up side! my hair is super low maintenance. no products required, just wash and brush, and it's happy

:>

Lucian Cat

Kissed a mod for a tag; liked it
I've heard about people saying that black dye ruins hair. I had black hair for a year or more and never had an issue. Though at this point I think my hair is indestructible...

Samimista

Just one final left :).

& I'm GRADUATING. Job starts on the 27th of June.. weeeeee. A free month.

Well, congratulations! :) I hope you enjoy your month off. It's crazy how fast college goes by.

I use a lot of different sites for different things. Sheinside is great if you want cheap yet nice clothing. I buy shorts and simple basic tops from H&M or F21 tho. I import stuff too from time to time because its a lot cheaper but it takes longer for it to arrive. Its all depending on what I'm looking for tbh :>

Speaking of jobs, I applied to 7 jobs yesterday and I HAVE AN INTERVIEW TOMORROW ALREADY AHHHHHHHHHHH I'm hype as fuck. Its a barista position at a restaurant near the restaurant I used to work at. Coffee quality won't be amazing but they use coffee from Intelligentsia, whom I used to work for, so it wont be too terrible. Gonna showcase my latte art skills and kick some buns ;)

Ah, I love Forever 21. <3 They have so many cute and cheap clothing. Tampa Premium Outlets has a Forever 21 store. :)

Smart to do about importing. I might do that myself. I've been wanting to buy some ruffled skirts and stockings lately.

YAY!!!! :D *shakes maracas and dances* Hehe, I'm hoping for the best with you. :) That sounds like the perfect job for you. I'll be honest to say, I don't know much about latte art, but it looks beautiful. :) Especially when making hearts and etc. How do you guys create those kind of art, anyways? xD Have always been curious on what baristas use.

Top Bottom