• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GirlGAF |OT 2| Shall I Compare Thee to a Summer's Eve?

Its all about microfoaming your milk! Which is the process of slowly incorporating air into milk while caramelizing the sugars within the fat of the milk to give it a natural sweetness. :>

Congrats girls who are graduating. Cherish that month Backslash. It'll be your last vacation like that for a while. I miss summer vacation.

I hate Forever 21 because they have the worst mirrors up front and these are the unflattering kind of mirrors that makes my athletic build self feel like a fatty. Fuck Forever 21. Forever. 21 Times.

Went to Anime Central with Horse Detective yesterday :>

Got some awesome clothing from Omocat's booth and roamed around for hours looking at terrible cosplays :X

13244845_10204892244701021_3596147760935235507_n.jpg

13227075_10204891824010504_165608366135433357_n.jpg

Samimista

Went to Anime Central with Horse Detective yesterday :>

Got some awesome clothing from Omocat's booth and roamed around for hours looking at terrible cosplays :X

Rilakkuma! <3

D'aw, you both are very cute together. :) I like your style.

Is Anime Central like a convention? I've always wanted to go to a convention.

Thanks, by the way, for telling me how latte art is done. Now I know the secret!

Nudull

Banned
Lord have mercy, that mansplaining thread...

In lighter news, went out clothes shopping today (mostly for the job). Got some nice stuff thankfully, but trying to dig through and find something that wasn't over/undersized was a bit of a pain.

Nudull

Banned
Love you too spidey.

I'm really impressed by cindi's persistence in the face of adversity.

Cindi was awesome for sticking it to those asshats, as did you and the others. :)

Going to the Overwatch launch event near Austin so hoping for a good time. :) Anyone go to one of these kinds of things before?

Last launch event I ever went to was for Starcraft 2: Wings of Liberty. I would've gone to more, but timing + other stuff to worry about kept me.

Still remember going to the midnight event for the Wii and for Brawl. Fun times!

Terrorblot

Going to the Overwatch launch event near Austin so hoping for a good time. :) Anyone go to one of these kinds of things before?

I can't wait for Overwatch! :D I've done midnight launches but IDK if they really count as "events". I sat in line for a 360, Wii, and a couple of weird games like Halo 3 / 4, GTAIV.

Definitely. You need a rice cooker to make it.

It was super easy since I used pancake mix as my starter since I didn't feel like whipping out all my baking stuff.

- 2 cups pancake mix (sifted if possible)
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon melted butter
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract or 5g vanilla paste

Whisk pancake mix, milk, and eggs together until smooth. Add in the melted butter then vanilla extract. Whisk together until fully combined. Put a little oil on a paper towel and rub inside the rice cooker bowl. Place 1/3 batter into rice cooker bowl and program to the cake setting or set the timer for 45 minutes.

After the rice cooker finishes cooking;

Check if the top springs back and the center isn't raw with a toothpick. Simply use your hand and flip it right out of the rice cooker. Top with butter and honey or maple syrup :)

Nudull

Banned
australia has amazing coffee and pastry culture. Im following tons of chefs and shops on instagram that are there. I wish we could penpal and send each other different sweets :<

Could I join too? :c I'm pretty curious about Australian cuisine.

And thanks for the recipe! <3

shiba5

I couldn't even deal with some of the threads in OT. I just cant believe some of these assholes.

That mansplaining thread is something alright...
I don't have the patience to argue anymore so I commend those who do.
I'd rather have the pancake recipe.
Edit: Aw, I don't have a rice cooker.

Samimista

Fluffy pancakes are the best <3 My family's own are usually more eggy, never tried sweetening it with vanilla and sugar before. I do it with french toast (along with cinnamon), so I should try the same. :)

...I have a sudden craving for sweet potato pancakes.

Looks like we do the same with French toast. :)

Sweet potato pancakes. O____O Sounds even better than regular potato pancakes. *mouth gets watery*

So, did any of you gals watch the Beauty and the Beast trailer?

I almost teared up from hearing the opening music . . . I always cry whenever I watch Beauty and the Beast. v__v So beautiful.

Nudull

Banned
I got to see an early screening of the 3D re-release of Beauty of the Beast for my film class, back in high school. Fun times. :)

The live-action hype is real. <3

Leeness

I almost teared up from hearing the opening music . . . I always cry whenever I watch Beauty and the Beast. v__v So beautiful.

I just watched it, aaaaaaaah! Also teared up, movie/musical makes me cry every time, favourite movie ever, etc. I'll be all over this day 1, except, MARCH NEXT YEAR WHY, ITS A PERFECT CHRISTMAS MOVIE EVEN THOUGH ROGUE ONE IS OUT THEN T_T

suzu

My favorite Disney movie is Aladdin, but Beauty and the Beast is second. :D So I'm looking forward to the live action movie~

Haven't seen Beauty and the Beast since I was a kid. I loved it then. I hear great things about the stage play?

That trailer did something to my emotions. I love Beauty and the Beast omg.

Kinsei

Banned

I did but it didn't do anything for me. I hate this trend of remaking cartoons into live action. The CG they use is always so jarring.

Top Bottom