• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GirlGAF |OT 2| Shall I Compare Thee to a Summer's Eve?

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
Vancouver, WA or Vancouver, BC?
BC

Vancouver, BC :D
Interesting....

I'm *near* Seattle, if that counts. Why?
I might travel to one (or both, Vancouver is less certain and depends on what my friend will do -- she has friends there, but I don't) of these cities in July, and needing to have a place to crash... >_> Really not my type to bum a couch on the internet like that, mind, and for the Seattle trip we'd likely stay at a hotel anyway, but yeah. Just exploring possibilities... <_<

I interviewed at that hotel this morning. It went super well and i was offered to stage tomorrow at 10am as a trial shift :)

Cross your buns for me, girlgaf, cause i rly need/want this job &#128555;&#128555;&#128555;
GOOD LUCK BENTO!

Leeness

BC

Interesting....

I might travel to one (or both, Vancouver is less certain and depends on what my friend will do -- she has friends there, but I don't) of these cities in July, and needing to have a place to crash... >_> Really not my type to bum a couch on the internet like that, mind, and for the Seattle trip we'd likely stay at a hotel anyway, but yeah. Just exploring possibilities... <_<

GOOD LUCK BENTO!

Ha, well, I don't live in Vancouver but about an hour commute outside of it. I do have a spare den and a couch, though I'm up at 5:30am every weekday morning so probably not fun to stay with :p

But I'll meet up with you and get coffee or something if you come to Vancouver.

---

Bento, good luck!

Found the cutest subreddit today.

https://www.reddit.com/r/wigglycats

*wiggles butt*

Aaaaaayyyyy <3

Samimista

My favorite Disney film is Sleeping Beauty. You just can't beat the Tchaikovsky ballet for music. Then The Little Mermaid, and The Fox and the Hound. Without awesome music, the other films are meh. A single good song isn't enough for me.

Ah, Sleeping Beauty is beautiful. :) I always loved the cottage in the forest that she lived in. It looked very quaint.

The Fox and the Hound is very bittersweet. v___v I cry everytime I watch it. I know it has a sequel, but I haven't watched it; I believe it takes place between the events of the original movie.

Did anybody else think that "regular" Prince (after getting changed back from Beast) was ugly?

Same here. I thought the "regular" Prince looked very average, honestly. xD

Good taste in Pooh, by the way. :) I know I'm in the minority here, but what I love the most about Kingdom Hearts is going to the Hundred Acre Wood. xD It's just so much fun exploring the character's houses and playing the minigames.

Out of the canon, I hold Hunchback of Notre Dame and Lilo & Stitch near and dear to me. I could easily go on about my Disney love, but I'm curious about everyone else's faves.

It's ashame Esmeralda doesn't get much attention. She's one of Disney's best characters. I always liked her sass. <3

Hehe. Lilo & Stitch is lovely. Have you ever watched the show during the 00's? :O

My favorite would be Beauty and the Beast. :) I just loved the romance buildup and I feel Belle is a very relateable character with her personality and looks.

Besides that, I'd say Mary Poppins. I always loved the chalk drawing scene. As a kid, I used to jump on chalk drawings, hoping to enter a magical world. xD It's a shame that doesn't really work.

I mostly like action and adventure movies I guess? But I do enjoy some well-written dramas as well (though I'm not really a fan of "Oscar bait" movies, like American Beauty which I found pretentious and insufferable). The Shawshank Redemption and The Shining are two big favourites, which is weird as I'm not at all a Stephen King fan haha. I am really fond of 80's action/adventure and/or comedy movies like Star Wars OT, Indiana Jones OT, Beverly Hills Cop 1-2, Aliens (though Alien, while not in that category, was also amazing), Die Hard, Ghostbusters, etc. I find recent action/adventure movies to be pale copies at best. Mad Max Fury Road is the exception as I find it much superior than the old movies. ^^

Animation wise I'm a big fan of Ghibli movies. Nausicaä, Castle in the Sky, and Princess Mononoke are probably my favourite Miyazaki movies.

My all-time favourite movie remains Léon. <3

Might be worth noting that I really really hate everything touched by Tarantino. :D

Lately though, I'm more about TV shows than movies. I don't watch a lot of recent movies, I seem to watch more long-form TV shows instead.

Good taste in Ghibli movies. <3 I always love listening to the music from the movies while I'm studying. The songs are usually relaxing. :)

Hehe, makes you feel better, I've never seen a Tarantino film in my life. XD

I interviewed at that hotel this morning. It went super well and i was offered to stage tomorrow at 10am as a trial shift :)

Cross your buns for me, girlgaf, cause i rly need/want this job &#55357;&#56875;&#55357;&#56875;&#55357;&#56875;

Good luck, Bento! <3 We're wishing you the best. :)

Found the cutest subreddit today.

https://www.reddit.com/r/wigglycats

*wiggles butt*

D'aw!!! I always love seeing these. <3 *dies from cuteness overload*

Bento's got this, I ain't even worried

Same here. I thought the "regular" Prince looked very average, honestly. xD

Good taste in Pooh, by the way. :) I know I'm in the minority here, but what I love the most about Kingdom Hearts is going to the Hundred Acre Wood. xD It's just so much fun exploring the character's houses and playing the minigames.
I wish I'd done that part... I honestly stopped when I got to the Little Mermaid part in KH because I just couldn't stand it. It's not that I didn't like the movie (it's my sister's favorite, seen it a million times) but I just didn't like the gameplay at all during that part. The swimming was not fun :\

Ahhhh. As much as I'd like to help, I don't think I'd be able to. I'm in Kirkland, which is across the bridge from Seattle, and the situation might be a hard sell for my roommates. Plus depending on when you'd arrive in July, I might not even be here (EVO, and all).

So, what do Girlgaf's desktop wallpapers look like? I'm curious, here's mine:

LqV9AVn.jpg

Mainin' mah girl, D.va in Overwatch so I thought it was apt!

LqV9AVn.jpg

Where'd you get that one, if I may ask? I collect wallpapers and just have 'em on rotation, so I'd love to add that to the pile :D

Meanwhile, here's the current one in the rotation:
Yq55dxn.png

Nudull

Banned
Recently switched from my Batwoman wallpaper to this:

...did I mention that I like Kamen Rider? :p

It's ashame Esmeralda doesn't get much attention. She's one of Disney's best characters. I always liked her sass. <3

Hehe. Lilo & Stitch is lovely. Have you ever watched the show during the 00's? :O

My favorite would be Beauty and the Beast. :) I just loved the romance buildup and I feel Belle is a very relateable character with her personality and looks.

Besides that, I'd say Mary Poppins. I always loved the chalk drawing scene. As a kid, I used to jump on chalk drawings, hoping to enter a magical world. xD It's a shame that doesn't really work.

Good taste in Ghibli movies. <3 I always love listening to the music from the movies while I'm studying. The songs are usually relaxing. :)

God, I loved Esmeralda. :)

I was pretty into the show when it started, but as it when on it started to feel more bland. By the time Disney decided to wrap the whole thing up in a DTV movie, I was just feeling blah about it. Still love the original film to pieces.

...I will refrain from making a way-too-easy ChalkZone reference to say that I really need to watch Mary Poppins, sometime. :eek:

I do adore a lot of Ghibli as well. They serve a pretty big influence for some of my writing. :)

Nudull

Banned
ugh i loooooooooooooove odst

the firefight mode was too much fun

ggghhhhhhhhh <333333333

So do I! It was a nice change of pace for the series. :)

Finished my stage and it went really well. Made some pate a choux and almond cake for chef. Told me I'll know by the end of this week or next since he still has other interviews to do.

;____; Trying to be positive but I'm scared I won't get it.

*hugs tight* Fingers crossed for you. :)

Finished my stage and it went really well. Made some pate a choux and almond cake for chef. Told me I'll know by the end of this week or next since he still has other interviews to do.

;____; Trying to be positive but I'm scared I won't get it.

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
My wallpaper is in constant rotation with various artworks, no point in posting it. :p Most of it are artworks about Bloodborne, Dark Souls, Castlevania, space pictures, or cute animals.

Platy

I have a full black wallpaper because my desktop is basically my "what I am working right now" folder and it is a mess =x

Oh shit son! Just when I thought I was out of the amiibo game after collecting all the current smash bros amiibo, they reel me back in!

S0wYPcy.jpg

Just pre-ordered these glorious looking Callie and Marie amiibo! Fuck!

Oh, and Waddle Dee as well!

X3fB1AV.jpg

Nudull

Banned
Are Amiibos still near-impossible to collect? Kinda fell out of the toys-to-games thing, and I'm a little weary after Disney Infinity went under.

Samimista

I wish I'd done that part... I honestly stopped when I got to the Little Mermaid part in KH because I just couldn't stand it. It's not that I didn't like the movie (it's my sister's favorite, seen it a million times) but I just didn't like the gameplay at all during that part. The swimming was not fun :\

Haha, I hope KH III won't have another Little Mermaid world. Same as Agrabah, really.

That's a very cute wallpaper. :) I don't play Overwatch but that character seems to be my favorite. At least if it's the one with the long ponytail . . . I'm not sure what her name is.

I'd post my PC wallpaper, but I'm not home at the moment and I can't find it online. It's basically Persona 3 cast walking on a path with cherry blossom petals flying in the wind. I'll post it later.

Recently switched from my Batwoman wallpaper to this:

God, I loved Esmeralda. :)

I was pretty into the show when it started, but as it when on it started to feel more bland. By the time Disney decided to wrap the whole thing up in a DTV movie, I was just feeling blah about it. Still love the original film to pieces.

...I will refrain from making a way-too-easy ChalkZone reference to say that I really need to watch Mary Poppins, sometime. :eek:

I do adore a lot of Ghibli as well. They serve a pretty big influence for some of my writing. :)

I wish Kate Kane would get more attention. <3 The J.H. Williams III run was beautiful with the art. @__@

Haha, I agree. :( I did like Angel added into the series, but that was about it. Haven't watched the Disney Channel in years.

Have you watched Marry Poppins before? It's a very charming movie. One of Julie Andrews best. :O

Aw, you write? That's really cool. :) You should maybe write about a vigilante but with a Ghibli touch.

Nudull

Banned
So, a friend gave me a PS4 copy of Overwatch and it is now slowly taking over my life. ;_; I wasn't even planning on getting it, at least so soon.

I've also been thinking about living in my area. With my dating pursuits not going well in a dried-up pool and my terrible home life, everything has been pointing to me needing to move out of Florida. Ideally, I've wanted to move over to Canada (where my parents used to live) for the longest while. However, I don't quite have the money or means to move, and my family sure as hell will do everything in their power to make me stay here. I just need something new with my life, to get away from all the toxicity that's been surrounding it.

I wish Kate Kane would get more attention. <3 The J.H. Williams III run was beautiful with the art. @__@

Haha, I agree. :( I did like Angel added into the series, but that was about it. Haven't watched the Disney Channel in years.

Have you watched Marry Poppins before? It's a very charming movie. One of Julie Andrews best. :O

Aw, you write? That's really cool. :) You should maybe write about a vigilante but with a Ghibli touch.

A fellow Kate fan?! :eek: I love the Williams III run, a shame that everything after it was so horribly offensive.

Me neither. Come to think of it, outside of the shows I DVR, I don't watch live TV as much as I used to. I'm mostly on youtube. XD

I've seen bits and pieces, but no, I've never seen Mary Poppins in full. It's kind of avoided me for all my life.

I do, I've been writing for quite a bit now! Never really got to share much of it with GAF, but then again, I'm usually nervous about that sort of thing.

I'd love to play Overwatch with any of you, let me know :D
It sucks playing with pubs usually.

edit: like just now, I don't think anybody entered the capture point except me :\

Hey guys. It's been a while.

I've been watching Daredevil. It's pretty good. I need to spread the word...

Charlie Cox
Charlie Cox
Charlie Cox
Charlie Cox
Charlie Cox

Kisaya

Any skin care recommendations? Basically my face isn't looking as smooth/youthful as it should :( I literally don't own much product aside from primer.

Any skin care recommendations? Basically my face isn't looking as smooth/youthful as it should :( I literally don't own much product aside from primer.

if it's only minor/medium blemishes and you're using a face powder: using the Manhattan Clearface powder everyday really does the trick for me. at the very least it doesn't make pimples and stuff worse, like many other make up products seem to do.
if your skin is too dry you might wanna look into some facial masks.

Charlie Cox
Charlie Cox
Charlie Cox
Charlie Cox
Charlie Cox

He makes my insides melt. What a babe.

Go shopping with me, I can assist ! :>

I use all of these babies to keep my shit perf :

All of that paired with Milk make up remover wipes which are the GOAT.

I got HD into using my Korre's exfoliator and my clay mask to help with his skin problems and its been magical for him too :3

Samimista

I got HD into using my Korre's exfoliator and my clay mask to help with his skin problems and its been magical for him too :3

Gotta say, I'm usually not into beauty products, but a clay mask does sound rather nice. :3 I might just have to buy one. Don't think I've ever done a facial mask before. :O

A fellow Kate fan?! :eek: I love the Williams III run, a shame that everything after it was so horribly offensive.

Me neither. Come to think of it, outside of the shows I DVR, I don't watch live TV as much as I used to. I'm mostly on youtube. XD

I've seen bits and pieces, but no, I've never seen Mary Poppins in full. It's kind of avoided me for all my life.

I do, I've been writing for quite a bit now! Never really got to share much of it with GAF, but then again, I'm usually nervous about that sort of thing.

I apologize about the late reply, completely unintentional. :)

Ooh, I hope you're having fun with Overwatch! Do you have a favorite character?

Can't blame you for wanting to get out of Florida. Ironically, I'd love to go to Canada as well someday. Have been wanting to go there for the past nine years.

Anywhere in particular you like in Canada? I like the British Columbia province. :) It seems so beautiful over there. One thing I'll say about Canada though, I can't imagine how cold it must get. XD

I hope you can move to Canada someday, if that's what you wish. :) I'm not sure what your family is like, but I don't think they should hold you back from your happiness.

Hehe, and oh yes, I'm an avid comic book reader. :) I'm bisexual and I think it's fantastic Kate is a lesbian. It's always nice having that representation and diversity in comics.
I'll be honest to say, I haven't read Batwoman since after William's run. I'm still not sure what honestly happened but I heard the quality in both art and writing plummeted.

I believe I read somewhere on here you work in a comic book store? :O That's really rad. Do you still keep up with superhero comics? Sometimes I go on break from them and read Indie.

Ah, well, I bet your writing is great. :) The idea of using Ghibli as an inspiration sounds very creative. I always like how magical his stories are.

Charlie Cox
Charlie Cox
Charlie Cox
Charlie Cox
Charlie Cox

Hehe, Charlie Cox is very cute. <3 What season are you on, by the way?

Top Bottom