• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GirlGAF |OT 2| Shall I Compare Thee to a Summer's Eve?

GUYS GUYS GUYS

I had that interview the other day and didn't like the position so I didn't go through with it.

I applied for a super fucking fancy members only club house being like "pfft they wont interview me cause im basic and not rich" but still took the shot in the dark....

THEY JUST CALLED ME AND WANT TO SET UP AN INTERVIEW OH MY FUCKING GODDDDDPIFNSDOLGNDFOGNODFNGLDFMKGLKNSDLOHNKSDOLNHLONN

Misha

Banned
GUYS GUYS GUYS

I had that interview the other day and didn't like the position so I didn't go through with it.

I applied for a super fucking fancy members only club house being like "pfft they wont interview me cause im basic and not rich" but still took the shot in the dark....

THEY JUST CALLED ME AND WANT TO SET UP AN INTERVIEW OH MY FUCKING GODDDDDPIFNSDOLGNDFOGNODFNGLDFMKGLKNSDLOHNKSDOLNHLONN
Club houses often hire people who they wouldn't admit as a member from my experience. So long as you can clean up well they'll give you a uniform and no one cold tell you're any less fancy than anyone else

Gratz

tbh I would never pay $3000 to be a member of anything ever so to even work in such a fancy place would make me vomit and shit myself at the same time.

Being in a kitchen is being a servant pretty much so that part I don't mind especially considering I'm level 1 cook status. I expect to get my ass kicked but the amount of knowledge I'll gain from it will be 10000x more crucial to me than anything else.

I don't even know if I will get the position considering it's just an interview but I damn well have my fingers crossed.

shiba5

You will likely recover quickly when you realize they treat you as a servant. Not that it doesn't happen in every job, but wow at many country club members.

Yeah, happens everywhere. You work your ass off making the company rich and then at the end of the year, the CEO tells you he "has a very expensive wife" as he lays a ton of people off and gives himself a huge bonus from the money he just "saved". I wish I was making this one up.

Edit: Good luck on the interview Bento

Nudull

Banned
I don't remember if I ever came back and posted what it feels like to play a game of Forum Mafia, after ynnny asked for us to join her game if we were interested (a couple months ago).

I played 3 games. Here's how it feels to me.

It's like you work in an office and communicate by email. You need to figure out which people in your office will take credit for your ideas and maneuver a promotion out of ripping them off. And figure out which other people you can trust to have your back. And you do it based on what they write in their emails. And sometimes some people have super powers. And you might be the horrible manager who steals ideas and credit. If so, you steal credit to win.

Anyway it isn't completely like that, but it feels that way to me. If it sounds like a fun game, I'll post a link to the new recruiting thread and you can decide whether you want to sign up for the next round. Ynnny is a game moderator.

I've played forum Mafia before, and I've won in the past. Lot of people seemed to like my flavor writing. :)

Samimista

I haven't seen the trailers, but I did see Beauty and the Beast on stage when it was new, and it really was spectacular. I'm willing to see the new format.

Oh, wow! That must've been quite the experience.

I've seen the play at MGM twice and it was unforgettable. :)

I wanted to see the beast in that trailer

I'm hyped af though

Hopefully, in the upcoming months, we'll get a full trailer.

I'm not very familiar with Luke Evans' work, but certainly a handsome fellow. :)

I got to see an early screening of the 3D re-release of Beauty of the Beast for my film class, back in high school. Fun times. :)

The live-action hype is real. <3

Ooh, that must've been fun. :O What is Nudull's favorite Disney movie?

I just watched it, aaaaaaaah! Also teared up, movie/musical makes me cry every time, favourite movie ever, etc. I'll be all over this day 1, except, MARCH NEXT YEAR WHY, ITS A PERFECT CHRISTMAS MOVIE EVEN THOUGH ROGUE ONE IS OUT THEN T_T

Hehe, I always cry when Beast lets Belle go and during the transformation scene. It's funny because I usually don't cry during films. But yeah, such a long wait. Even February would be perfect for Valentine's Day.

My favorite Disney movie is Aladdin, but Beauty and the Beast is second. :D So I'm looking forward to the live action movie~

You have good taste in films. :) I do wonder if we'll get an Aladdin live action movie. Aladdin is best Disney prince. :D

Haven't seen Beauty and the Beast since I was a kid. I loved it then. I hear great things about the stage play?

That trailer did something to my emotions. I love Beauty and the Beast omg.

I'm not sure where everyone else has seen the stage play, but MGM Studios does a fine job with Beauty and the Beast. Though, the last time I went there was over a decade ago, so I'm not sure if the plays are still held. xD

I can't say I'm a fan of live action Disney films tbh :/

I'm not either, but I'm excited for Beauty and the Beast, at least. Even with Mary Poppins, I'm glad we're getting another film (though, I personally rather have a prequel over a sequel). But it's understandable.

The old animated Alice In Wonderland movie was my favorite as a kid and I loved Tim Burton films, but I was displease with his take on the series . . . It's the only film I ever fell asleep through. =/ His first live action one, I mean. I don't think I'll be seeing the Wonderland sequel.

Hope your interview goes well, by the way! I have my fingers crossed for you. :)

I did but it didn't do anything for me. I hate this trend of remaking cartoons into live action. The CG they use is always so jarring.

Understandable. I've still yet to see the Cinderella and The Jungle Book live action films.

I might watch Cinderella soon since I heard Richard Madden is in it, but I never really liked Cinderella and Snow White. xD

Pau

Lion King is also amazing. All the Disney stage plays are.
Kark and I are considering dropping $1000 to watch the Hunchback of Notre-Dame Dame in Utah. I live in NYC and the one play I want to see probably won't be staged on Broadway anytime soon.

Leeness

Hehe, I always cry when Beast lets Belle go and during the transformation scene. It's funny because I usually don't cry during films. But yeah, such a long wait. Even February would be perfect for Valentine's Day.

Lol yep same. Transformation and "at least I got to see you one last time". Stahp.

Kark and I are considering dropping $1000 to watch the Hunchback of Notre-Dame Dame in Utah. I live in NYC and the one play I want to see probably won't be staged on Broadway anytime soon.

Lol damn, if you can, do it! -enabler-

I don't remember if I ever came back and posted what it feels like to play a game of Forum Mafia, after ynnny asked for us to join her game if we were interested (a couple months ago).

I played 3 games. Here's how it feels to me.

It's like you work in an office and communicate by email. You need to figure out which people in your office will take credit for your ideas and maneuver a promotion out of ripping them off. And figure out which other people you can trust to have your back. And you do it based on what they write in their emails. And sometimes some people have super powers. And you might be the horrible manager who steals ideas and credit. If so, you steal credit to win.

Anyway it isn't completely like that, but it feels that way to me. If it sounds like a fun game, I'll post a link to the new recruiting thread and you can decide whether you want to sign up for the next round. Ynnny is a game moderator.

wee is a beast. 3 games played, 3 games winned. i love wee. such proud. very bias. <3

I've played forum Mafia before, and I've won in the past. Lot of people seemed to like my flavor writing. :)

you said you was going to poke and see :D

Season 6 recruitment thread is up now!!!! SIGN UP NUNU!!!

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1222990

Nudull

Banned
you said you was going to poke and see :D

Season 6 recruitment thread is up now!!!! SIGN UP NUNU!!!

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1222990
:)
Do you want to play again? You could probably win again.

It'll depend on how my new job's schedule stabilizes, but I'm interested! :)

Ooh, that must've been fun. :O What is Nudull's favorite Disney movie?

Out of the canon, I hold Hunchback of Notre Dame and Lilo & Stitch near and dear to me. I could easily go on about my Disney love, but I'm curious about everyone else's faves.

Swamped

Banned
I can also echo that i really enjoy playing and spectating the mafia games on this website. The mafia players here are a smart, unique
utterly insane
bunch, just makes it very fun.

suzu

You have good taste in films. :) I do wonder if we'll get an Aladdin live action movie. Aladdin is best Disney prince. :D

He is! An Aladdin live action would be fun. My third favorite Disney film is Mulan.. I'd love to see a live action (a Disney version) for that too.

I do not like Disney films...

What animated movies did you like as a kid? :O

Did anybody else think that "regular" Prince (after getting changed back from Beast) was ugly?

Yeah. lol

Nudull

Banned
Got only two days of work out of this week, but it was managable. Kinda felt a little isolated, though. I have the rest of the week to play Demon's Souls for the first time, at least. :D

I do not like Disney films...

Perfectly fine. ^_^ Not like I'm obsessive about it. I'm curious, what movies do you like?

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
I mostly like action and adventure movies I guess? But I do enjoy some well-written dramas as well (though I'm not really a fan of "Oscar bait" movies, like American Beauty which I found pretentious and insufferable). The Shawshank Redemption and The Shining are two big favourites, which is weird as I'm not at all a Stephen King fan haha. I am really fond of 80's action/adventure and/or comedy movies like Star Wars OT, Indiana Jones OT, Beverly Hills Cop 1-2, Aliens (though Alien, while not in that category, was also amazing), Die Hard, Ghostbusters, etc. I find recent action/adventure movies to be pale copies at best. Mad Max Fury Road is the exception as I find it much superior than the old movies. ^^

Animation wise I'm a big fan of Ghibli movies. Nausicaä, Castle in the Sky, and Princess Mononoke are probably my favourite Miyazaki movies.

My all-time favourite movie remains Léon. <3

Might be worth noting that I really really hate everything touched by Tarantino. :D

Lately though, I'm more about TV shows than movies. I don't watch a lot of recent movies, I seem to watch more long-form TV shows instead.

Tough to pick a favorite Disney movie, but if I had to pick one, I'll go with the one with the best character: Gaston

I also really love Winnie the Pooh (maybe obviously) but they're more of a collection of mini stories really. I still sing the "I'm just a little black rain cloud" song all the time though.

Ceallach

Smells like fresh rosebuds
Ugh, I have been having crazy nipple sensitivity, like they are staying erect lately and just slight rubbing in my bra is killing me. Seriously kind of want a padded bra just to have something soft to control them.

I interviewed at that hotel this morning. It went super well and i was offered to stage tomorrow at 10am as a trial shift :)

Cross your buns for me, girlgaf, cause i rly need/want this job &#128555;&#128555;&#128555;

Ceallach

Smells like fresh rosebuds
I interviewed at that hotel this morning. It went super well and i was offered to stage tomorrow at 10am as a trial shift :)

Cross your buns for me, girlgaf, cause i rly need/want this job &#128555;&#128555;&#128555;
You got this lady! I'll cross everything for you!

Top Bottom