• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GirlGAF |OT 2| Shall I Compare Thee to a Summer's Eve?

Kisaya

if it's only minor/medium blemishes and you're using a face powder: using the Manhattan Clearface powder everyday really does the trick for me. at the very least it doesn't make pimples and stuff worse, like many other make up products seem to do.
if your skin is too dry you might wanna look into some facial masks.

Yeah it's very minor blemishes mostly, never had any serious acne/pimples. I also have uneven skin tone. My primer and foundation does a pretty good job of covering it up, but most days I don't feel like using it so I need something to make me feel good about my skin without it.

Go shopping with me, I can assist ! :>

I use all of these babies to keep my shit perf :

All of that paired with Milk make up remover wipes which are the GOAT.

I got HD into using my Korre's exfoliator and my clay mask to help with his skin problems and its been magical for him too :3

I actually might take you up on that :) still have a Sephora gift card to spend!

I have a Korre's primer and I love it a lot, so I was hoping their other products might be the same! Let's plan a date soon :)

So I had my interview wednesday and staged thursday but this weekend was memorial weekend + monday was the official holiday.....I haven't heard back about the job yet so should I be worried?

Cause I feel like fucking garbage over this whole situation.

Ceallach

Smells like fresh rosebuds
So I had my interview wednesday and staged thursday but this weekend was memorial weekend + monday was the official holiday.....I haven't heard back about the job yet so should I be worried?

Cause I feel like fucking garbage over this whole situation.
No, not at all. It takes time to do all the backend stuff and get everything through hr.

I'm extremely worried :/

I also don't know if I should hold out for the job or keep applying to places because currently im on a month of not having a job following my best friends passing.

Any advice on what to do would be beyond appreciated because I'm lost as fuck.

NetMapel

Guilty White Male Mods Gave Me This Tag

I also don't know if I should hold out for the job or keep applying to places because currently im on a month of not having a job following my best friends passing.

Always always always keep applying till you actually have a job starting the next day. What's the harm?

It is way too early to worry, I recently received a positive response to one of my applications a month and a half later. Which was very rude and I already took another offer, but it can take some time or they may want to take their time.

Keep applying though, there is very little reason not to. Now if you actually get offered another job that is when you have to start making a choice and possibly follow-up with where you are currently applying.

Kisaya

Always keep applying. I know it's hard to after an interview at an amazing place, but with how jobs are so competitive you never know.

If you get offers at other places, give them a short time frame of when you'll be able to make your decision. "pls respond" emails aren't that bad, they just can't be sent more than once (considering you've already sent a thank you note). It doesn't hurt to ask the status of your application.

I haven't sent a thank you note yet considering the chef didn't even tell me his last name and I have no idea how to spell his first name.... :/ He didn't seem formal in any regard either. Im conflicted on if I should or not.

I applied to a few basic retail positions today but overall, I'm mostly just feeling consumed by anxiety. I'm pretty much a fucking wreck today, truthfully. Sitting here feeling beyond depressed. I'm supposed to go to my best friends funeral in 2 weeks also so this makes job hunting even more complicated. My emotions are all over the place.

Kisaya

I haven't sent a thank you note yet considering the chef didn't even tell me his last name and I have no idea how to spell his first name.... :/ He didn't seem formal in any regard either. Im conflicted on if I should or not.

A thank you email to the person/recruiter/HR person who contacted you for an interview is fine as well. Just be really appreciative for the invitation to speak and stage with them, and talk a little about why working at their company would be good for you/great for them :)

A thank you email to the person/recruiter/HR person who contacted you for an interview is fine as well. Just be really appreciative for the invitation to speak and stage with them, and talk a little about why working at their company would be good for you/great for them :)

They called me through their reception desk tho so I dont know who even contacted me :(

Zoe

They called me through their reception desk tho so I dont know who even contacted me :(

Call their reception, ask if there's a contact number or email for <chef's first name> so that you can thank him/touch bases. At the very least, reception can pass on the message that you're still interested.

Swamped

Banned
*edit: Sorry for the double post, didn't even check! But OMIGOD ALERT.

VS is having an insane swimsuit sale.

Bikinis are $9 for tops and $9 for bottoms if you get the basic triangle top. Everything is 40% off, including the prices on red.

I just bought 5 swimsuits for ~$100. @_@. Seriously amazing.

That's annoying, i just bought a bunch of swimsuits! Well, i could always do with another top though...

Nudull

Banned
I managed to beat a Souls game (Demon's Souls, which I got from the recent PSN sale) for the first time, and in just a week too. I feel accomplished! :D

Now to play New Game + and die all over again! :D

I apologize about the late reply, completely unintentional. :)

Ooh, I hope you're having fun with Overwatch! Do you have a favorite character?

Can't blame you for wanting to get out of Florida. Ironically, I'd love to go to Canada as well someday. Have been wanting to go there for the past nine years.

Anywhere in particular you like in Canada? I like the British Columbia province. :) It seems so beautiful over there. One thing I'll say about Canada though, I can't imagine how cold it must get. XD

I hope you can move to Canada someday, if that's what you wish. :) I'm not sure what your family is like, but I don't think they should hold you back from your happiness.

Hehe, and oh yes, I'm an avid comic book reader. :) I'm bisexual and I think it's fantastic Kate is a lesbian. It's always nice having that representation and diversity in comics.
I'll be honest to say, I haven't read Batwoman since after William's run. I'm still not sure what honestly happened but I heard the quality in both art and writing plummeted.

I believe I read somewhere on here you work in a comic book store? :O That's really rad. Do you still keep up with superhero comics? Sometimes I go on break from them and read Indie.

Ah, well, I bet your writing is great. :) The idea of using Ghibli as an inspiration sounds very creative. I always like how magical his stories are.

I've kind of been sticking with Soldier 76, Zarya and Pharah. :3 You've played it?

Nothing in particular comes to mind with where I'd want to go, but again, that is still a long ways off (and that's even *if* I do). Still, it's nice to think about it from time to time, being somewhere other than here.

Yeeeeah, Batwoman took a turn for the worse since the first run. One particular moment that pissed off a lot of people was not only turning Kate into a vampire (lesbian stereotypes, oh joy :/), but portraying it in the most rape-y way imaginable. And that's on top of the massive asspulls DC made to make sure Kate stayed single (including her leaving her fiance for said vampire-lady who turned her). It was a mess.

I do keep up with superhero books to some degree, although I've been sliding more and more into the indie side. Feel feel to let me know if you want me to recommend anything. :)

Call their reception, ask if there's a contact number or email for <chef's first name> so that you can thank him/touch bases. At the very least, reception can pass on the message that you're still interested.
This is a good idea, even if they never pass it on.

Indeed, it is. Thank you notes are a good way to follow up (though I haven't done it as often as I should've when I was job hunting).

*edit: Sorry for the double post, didn't even check! But OMIGOD ALERT.

VS is having an insane swimsuit sale.

Bikinis are $9 for tops and $9 for bottoms if you get the basic triangle top. Everything is 40% off, including the prices on red.

I just bought 5 swimsuits for ~$100. @_@. Seriously amazing.

I really could use new swimwear. My old stuff's gotten pretty worn. :eek:

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
I managed to beat a Souls game (Demon's Souls, which I got from the recent PSN sale) for the first time, and in just a week too. I feel accomplished! :D
Congrats! Welcome to the best game series ever :D

I really could use new swimwear. My old stuff's gotten pretty worn. :eek:
I just bought a bottom to replace one I had that broke. Don't need more, I have a one-piece + this bikini. Oh well. Can't imagine wanting a whole bunch of different swimsuits... waste of money even if they're cheap.

iirate

Congrats! Welcome to the best game series ever :D

I just started watching Kay Plays Dark Souls and now I really want to play(the game has been sitting in my Stream library for years), but I don't have a controller and it seems like a bad game to play without an analog stick. =(

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
I just bought a bottom to replace one I had that broke. Don't need more, I have a one-piece + this bikini. Oh well. Can't imagine wanting a whole bunch of different swimsuits... waste of money even if they're cheap.

Depends how often you go into the water. For anyone who swims daily, having a lot of spares is way more convenient.

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl
I just started watching Kay Plays Dark Souls and now I really want to play(the game has been sitting in my Stream library for years), but I don't have a controller and it seems like a bad game to play without an analog stick. =(

Well it is for the first one. The KB+M set up for the original is really awful sadly but it's alright for 2 and 3.

So I reached out to HR of the hotel I staged at and asked for the chefs email or a possible way to send a thank you letter and the woman gave me the address to send the letter to. She also took down my email and phone number to give to the chef so he can reach out to me with a status update since today marks a week since I interviewed.

I'm not feeling super confident in this one tbh. ;___; I'll at least go pick out a thank you note today and mail it though.

Well, I said I'd never buy those horrible looking deformed Funco Pop figures but I caved and bought Winston and Reaper overwatch figures, they kinda work in big headed form. Tracer and Widowmaker look dumb though.

kEGQDyU.png

Nudull

Banned
Well, I said I'd never buy those horrible looking deformed Funco Pop figures but I caved and bought Winston and Reaper overwatch figures, they kinda work in big headed form. Tracer and Widowmaker look dumb though.

kEGQDyU.png

My store is drowning in Funko Pop stuff, but they're popular all the same. I was surprised at how it blew up as much as it did.

My store is drowning in Funko Pop stuff, but they're popular all the same. I was surprised at how it blew up as much as it did.

Yeah. I don't mind the idea of them, but most of the characters they've picked lately do not suit the whole deformed big headed look at all. The Walking Dead figures in particular look particularly shite!

703ae825f412342f924f89f819132c1c.jpg

Fucking terrible.

Aw, I like the Tracer one :( Widowmaker does look dumb though

I think Tracer looks really dumb without her trademark smile. The face has like no emotion, she's meant to look cheery!

Oh for christs sake, one of the recommended figures on amazon was off an anime cop lady with her knickers on show (Removable knickers, that's a selling point apparently!) I had a gander to see if there would be any user reviews to make me chuckle and now all I get on the front page is lewd anime figures now!

There's even one of a nude anime chick squatting over what looks like a bedpan!! Hilarious!

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl
I still don't like those funco pop things. I think they're all hideous!
If they make a nendoroid of D.Va, Tracer, Mercy, Pharah, Mei, or Symmetra though I'd be up for those.
I'd like a nice Winston, Genji or the above mentioned regular figure though.

suzu

I hate Funko pops too, haha.

I would totally buy an Overwatch action figure like those huge promotional ones. Or a Nendoroid.

I still don't like those funco pop things. I think they're all hideous!
If they make a nendoroid of D.Va, Tracer, Mercy, Pharah, Mei, or Symmetra though I'd be up for those.
I'd like a nice Winston, Genji or the above mentioned regular figure though.

You know what, you're right. With the popularity of Overwatch, Blizzard will most likely commission more "realistic" figure makers. I cancelled my funko order. I want really nice regular figures of Zenyatta. D.va, and Reinhardt more than anything else! Zenyatta is my favourite by far, he wrecks everything!

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl
Zenyatta is such a powerhouse! If only he wasn't so fragile but a Reinhardt combo can help out quite a bit. The randoms don't protect me when I'm a healer of any sort so I shied away from playing Zen without people I know. RIP
A figure of him doing his ult would be AWESOME though and could probably double as a lamp maybe.

Zenyatta is such a powerhouse! If only he wasn't so fragile but a Reinhardt combo can help out quite a bit. The randoms don't protect me when I'm a healer of any sort so I shied away from playing Zen without people I know. RIP
A figure of him doing his ult would be AWESOME though and could probably double as a lamp maybe.

His ability to fucking ruin all tanks in the game is what makes him so great for me. Most of them are slow enough to allow an aware Zenyatta player to keep a wide enough gap to do what I call the "tag and shag". Tagging people with the discord orbs and sniping them with his projectiles or going in for a melee kill to deal heavy damage to finish people off is crazy satisfying. The amount of times I've tagged a Mei just before she freezes me and then gets mowed down straight after is hilarious.

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl
Ah, that sounds great! I should probably play as him more and learn to deal with unhelpful partners.
Speaking of Mei she's been getting annoying when a teammate picks her latey. They keep on ice walling enemies I was about to kill, or trap me in with them when I was trying to run away to a health pack as Tracer. I was confused as to why my backwards blink wasn't working when I died and on the Kill Cam I saw someone propped up a ice wall behind me when I was trying to escape and blocked me from blinking into the health pack. I've been getting the hang of McCree lately though and wondering who else to try since I've mostly gotten the hang of Tracer, Symmetra, Mercy, D.Va, Genji, and still learning Widowmaker a bit.

Nudull

Banned
I vastly prefer Nendoroids to Funko Pops. More articulation + more than one facial expression.

Also, Soldier 76 is so damn easy to mow people down with that I'm just counting down to the inevitable nerfing. :p

Ah, that sounds great! I should probably play as him more and learn to deal with unhelpful partners.
Speaking of Mei she's been getting annoying when a teammate picks her latey. They keep on ice walling enemies I was about to kill, or trap me in with them when I was trying to run away to a health pack as Tracer. I was confused as to why my backwards blink wasn't working when I died and on the Kill Cam I saw someone propped up a ice wall behind me when I was trying to escape and blocked me from blinking into the health pack.

Along with Bastion, Mei is easily one of the most complained about heroes. Mei's easily countered if you switch over to Reaper, Pharah, Zarya, or Widowmaker though.

• Reaper can phase through her beam and blast her to death at close range.
  • Pharah can fly over walls, completely negate Mei's ice beam and can knock her away from teammates and herself with her EMP.
  • Zarya can absorb the ice beam with her barrier to power up her weapon and can protect teammates from being frozen too.
  • Widowmaker for obvious reasons, long range trounces

I hear McCree's getting looked into by the dev team regarding his damage output and his flashbang recharge rate. I smell a nerf for him incoming!

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl
Actually I can usually deal with Mei's just fine with most heroes it's just that my Team mate's Mei got me killed was a bit annoying. lol Bastion isn't as "great" as people make him out to be though I can drop him with Tracer, Genji, Widowmaker, or D.Va pretty easily.

Considering how often I can use the flashbang and can kill tanks on my own with the fanned hammer move and a shot or two I can believe they're nerfing him. lol

Nudull

Banned
Actually I can usually deal with Mei's just fine with most heroes it's just that my Team mate's Mei got me killed was a bit annoying. lol Bastion isn't as "great" as people make him out to be though I can drop him with Tracer, Genji, Widowmaker, or D.Va pretty easily.

Considering how often I can use the flashbang and can kill tanks on my own with the fanned hammer move and a shot or two I can believe they're nerfing him. lol

I've tried out using McCree at one point, but had a bit of trouble with aiming. I might try again and see, I've been doing well with most of the offense characters so far.

Nudull

Banned
I have Overwatch on PS4. I'd be happy to add you all and get some games going. :)

I like playing Mei and I've been trying to be more careful about where I put the ice walls. I've made some mistakes (and been called out for them) but it's a learning process. I've been on the other side of it as well so I definitely know what it feels like to be "robbed" of a kill or a move because of a poorly timed ice wall.

I've been tempted to try Mei, but I've been a little shaky on the defensive side. Still, Mei looks so fun!

Speaking of Mei she's been getting annoying when a teammate picks her latey. They keep on ice walling enemies I was about to kill, or trap me in with them when I was trying to run away to a health pack as Tracer. I was confused as to why my backwards blink wasn't working when I died and on the Kill Cam I saw someone propped up a ice wall behind me when I was trying to escape and blocked me from blinking into the health pack. I've been getting the hang of McCree lately though and wondering who else to try since I've mostly gotten the hang of Tracer, Symmetra, Mercy, D.Va, Genji, and still learning Widowmaker a bit.

I like playing Mei and I've been trying to be more careful about where I put the ice walls. I've made some mistakes (and been called out for them) but it's a learning process. I've been on the other side of it as well so I definitely know what it feels like to be "robbed" of a kill or a move because of a poorly timed ice wall.

I've been tempted to try Mei, but I've been a little shaky on the defensive side. Still, Mei looks so fun!
She IS fun, but the more I play as her the more I realize she's tapping into my troll side. She's a troll character.

Oh, you thought you were coming in this way? Ice wall.
Oh, you thought you were running away? Freezing you.
Oh hey, the group is all bunched up, freeze the whole damn group.

That said getting kills with her icicles feels really great. Also it's fun to put the ice wall under yourself to get to higher places.

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
This thread about sexually empowered straight female protagonists in games, oh boy...

This latest gem really makes you think (the poster is trying to explain why women enjoy games that feature sexist stuff):

[...]t he audience isnt all male but the female audience somehow seems to enjoy male empowerment and female humiliation. Might also have to do with women being a cruel lot, they basically hate each other and love seeing other women suffer.

And here I thought I enjoyed those games because of the gameplay, despite those sometimes problematic portrayals. Nah it's because I secretly love seeing women suffer.

SMH

olympia

This thread about sexually empowered straight female protagonists in games, oh boy...

This latest gem really makes you think (the poster is trying to explain why women enjoy games that feature sexist stuff):

And here I thought I enjoyed those games because of the gameplay, despite those sometimes problematic portrayals. Nah it's because I secretly love seeing women suffer.

SMH

I'm assuming a girl told them their opinion is awful and now they think all women are cruel &#128557;&#128557;

Nudull

Banned
It's frustrating how any and all legitimate discussion about women in games will devolve into "blame the womanfolk, it's never men's fault!", GA included.

People need to get the hell out of their bubbles, I swear.

Tired as hell. Had to walk home from work and it was storming and got caught in the rain. Had to put a plastic bag on my head to keep my hair dry so I won't have to be rushing back to the salon. Some couple in a jeep stopped and asked me for a ride, but I said nahh. Don't really trust strangers like that. I'll be so glad when I can get another job and a car.

I once had a guy be pretty aggressive with getting me to take a ride in his car when I used to walk home from school. Thankfully, I eventually got a car for myself.

Tired as hell. Had to walk home from work and it was storming and got caught in the rain. Had to put a plastic bag on my head to keep my hair dry so I won't have to be rushing back to the salon. Some couple in a jeep stopped and asked me for a ride, but I said nahh. Don't really trust strangers like that. I'll be so glad when I can get another job and a car.

Something happened today that pissed me off a bit. I was walking through my local shopping centre and there were a couple of charity organision reps standing about, the one I passed was a charity raising money for guide dogs, I was stopped and asked if I wanted to donate. I said "sure" and got my wallet out to give them a couple of quid that I had hanging about to donate, every little helps right? But then I was told they only took a monthly donation of a fixed amount every month using a direct debit. That took me completely by surprise, whatever happened to charities taking what people could afford to give them? Now there's a stipulation that you've got to donate a fixed amount every month and give them your personal details? Of course I politely refused after I heard that, and explained I wouldn't give personal details and would happily donate a few quid anonymously right there and then, she refused that option and as I thanked her for her time and went to walk off, she gave me the stink eye, horrid woman.

I knew that some organisations could post leaflets through your door and could ask for a monthly donation that way (I had to stop my great uncle suffering from Alzheimers from giving away his pension money monthly when he was alive because all these organisations wouldn't stop bombarding his letter box with that shit) but refusing to take actual direct cash donations in person? Christ, that's depressing.

Top Bottom