• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GirlGAF |OT 2| Shall I Compare Thee to a Summer's Eve?

Sorry for the super weird first post here.. But since you're kinda already on the subject:

Could someone share their experiences with IUD?
I read that the hormonal IUD might reduce bleeding and pain by up to 90%, so that would be very helpful for my endometriosis.

Ayumichan <3 Hiiii~ Miss you at the Mafia community~

... sorry i have no knowledge of IUD :< though~

Does anyone else here ever regularly go see movies with their parents?

I love watching movies with my mom. It's always interesting when we see something I think she'll hate and she ends up liking it. The last movie I saw with her was The Witch and I was biting my lip the whole time thinking she was having a horrible time, hating the movie. Then we get out we talk about the film and its themes for a good couple of hours and it turns out she really liked it.

Samimista

I love watching movies with my mom. It's always interesting when we see something I think she'll hate and she ends up liking it. The last movie I saw with her was The Witch and I was biting my lip the whole time thinking she was having a horrible time, hating the movie. Then we get out we talk about the film and its themes for a good couple of hours and it turns out she really liked it.

My parents and I love going to a drive-in at least once a month. It's almost an hour away from where I live, but the experience is fun and the prices are extremely cheap.

Haven't seen The Witch, but I see it's a horror film. How did you like it? :O

It can be surprising when a parent/s enjoy an unexpected movie. I got my parents to watch Interstellar a few months ago, but I didn't think they'd like it since they're not into sci-fi, but they raved about the film for days. Even recommended it to a few of their friends.

My parents and I love going to a drive-in at least once a month. It's almost an hour away from where I live, but the experience is fun and the prices are extremely cheap.

Haven't seen The Witch, but I see it's a horror film. How did you like it? :O

It can be surprising when a parent/s enjoy an unexpected movie. I got my parents to watch Interstellar a few months ago, but I didn't think they'd like it since they're not into sci-fi, but they raved about the film for days. Even recommended it to a few of their friends.

The Witch is fantastic. If you go in expecting a typical horror movie, you'll be disappointed. That being said, it's one of the deeper movies I've seen in recent memory. Really excellent, subtle characterization and totally contrary to any expectations you might have going in.

It also has the best portrayal of Satan in just about any movie I've ever seen.

Leeness

No worries, I do the same. :) My mom is the Lorelai to my Rory Gilmore.

Basically. Love my parents <3

I watch movies and TV with my mom most weekends. We usually don't go out to see movies because she doesn't like sitting in the chairs, but we usually watch a film most weekends.

guys

the "would you pay for sex" thread

im dying

plz help

I was going to say something self-depricating but decided to keep it to myself.

i dont regularly see movies with my parents because they are not movie people :<

but i try

the last movie i managed to sit them down and watch was I Saw The Devil. they both liked it. wheeeeeee

Kisaya

Stopped going to the cinema with my parents after a certain age. I used to look up Arabic films that I thought were interesting and download them to watch with my mom so we could do something together. Saw a lot of great finds!

Nudull

Banned
I used to go to the drive-in with my folks. First movie I remember seeing was The Rugrats Movie, followed by Pokémon: The First Movie. The last time I ever went to the movies with my family was for the Star Trek reboot.

Ayumi

Welcome to GirlGAF!

I'm afraid I have no experience with IUDs, but hopefully someone here can help you out. It sounds like a hormonal IUD would be a real lifesaver for you.
No worries, I think I might go for it, in a couple of months!

Ayumichan <3 Hiiii~ Miss you at the Mafia community~

... sorry i have no knowledge of IUD :< though~

Hii! I'm too busy to play Mafia. D:
Plus it was kinda intimidating. lol

Hii! I'm too busy to play Mafia. D:
Plus it was kinda intimidating. lol

awwww thats understandable

but but but we really adore you and we miss you over there :>

even if you're not joining a game, we'd love you to hang out with us ? we have a very active discord channel and everything <3

Ayumi

awwww thats understandable

but but but we really adore you and we miss you over there :>

even if you're not joining a game, we'd love you to hang out with us ? we have a very active discord channel and everything <3

Sure, I'd love to play again sometime when I can!
PM/send me the Discord link? :3

On topic, I've never been in a drive-in.. what is like?

Samimista

The Witch is fantastic. If you go in expecting a typical horror movie, you'll be disappointed. That being said, it's one of the deeper movies I've seen in recent memory. Really excellent, subtle characterization and totally contrary to any expectations you might have going in.

It also has the best portrayal of Satan in just about any movie I've ever seen.

I'll have to check it out, then. I love psychological horror films. Heck, I saw The Ring when I was eight years old, and wasn't afraid of it at all. XD I felt very bad for Samara.

I used to go to the drive-in with my folks. First movie I remember seeing was The Rugrats Movie, followed by Pokémon: The First Movie. The last time I ever went to the movies with my family was for the Star Trek reboot.

Drive-ins are great. The one I go to is in Dade City, and has been around for decades, I believe.

I'm actually going to the movie theaters for my first time in eight years on Friday. I have epilepsy and used to have a lot of seizures when I was younger. Been seizure-free for three years luckily, so I'll be seeing Finding Dory on the big screen with my older brother. :)

I don't know if anyone in here is in Orlando but its my hometown. Hoping everyone in Girl-GAF is safe and sound <3

I live in Brooksville, but I hope your friends and family, and everyone else who lives in Orlando is doing okay. My thoughts are with everyone. <3

A gigantic parking lot where you park and chill in your vehicle while you watch a huge screen showing your movie of choice. You use your radio to listen to the movie!

I love the drive-in I go to since they have the best hot dogs around. xD Sometimes I look forward to eating their food more than seeing a movie, haha.

Sorry for the super weird first post here.. But since you're kinda already on the subject:

Could someone share their experiences with IUD?
I read that the hormonal IUD might reduce bleeding and pain by up to 90%, so that would be very helpful for my endometriosis.

Guy here, so accept this as second-hand experience, but: my wife had a Mirena for five years, and mostly loved it. They say that it's especially good if you've had kids, but we're resolutely child-free, and she never had any issues with it. The only reason she eventually had it taken out was that she missed having a period, since you don't have any as long as you have it in.

Hopefully that's slightly useful!

I even read your post in Win -- I mean -- your voice! :O

Always love heffalumps.

I'm surprised there isn't a new Winnie the Pooh cartoon on TV. Did you like the old cartoon series?

Whenever I would visit my littlest cousins I would make excuses to watch them. Love Pooh bear. Watched the old cartoon series a lot as a kid, definitely :D

My favorite is the 1977 movie of course.
Also I sing the "Little Black Rain Cloud" song all the time.

Also I say "Tut tut, it looks like rain!" when it looks like it's about to rain, but nobody gets it :(

Rv3UDga.png

Ayumi

A gigantic parking lot where you park and chill in your vehicle while you watch a huge screen showing your movie of choice. You use your radio to listen to the movie!
That sounds amazing, why can't I do that too! Is it common where you live?
Guy here, so accept this as second-hand experience, but: my wife had a Mirena for five years, and mostly loved it. They say that it's especially good if you've had kids, but we're resolutely child-free, and she never had any issues with it. The only reason she eventually had it taken out was that she missed having a period, since you don't have any as long as you have it in.

Hopefully that's slightly useful!
Thank you, that was very helpful! I read Mirena is the most popular one, so it's the one I'll try. Always nice to hear about experiences.

Whenever I would visit my littlest cousins I would make excuses to watch them. Love Pooh bear.
Pooh is one of the cartoons Disney Jr. are still sending as original quality and I love it so much. It's really nostalgic. All the modern CGI makes me truly appreciate the hard work that went into drawing frames by frames. (I do like CGI though, if it's good, just not on mah classic old Disney movies).

Nudull

Banned
Fellow folks from Florida, I hope you're all safe. Being from south Florida's LGBTQA community myself, the shooting has been so depressing.

So yeah, almost fell victim to an acid throwing attack last night...

Gave my friend advice on what to do with his now ex-girlfriend who at the time was being pressured by her and her family on tying the knot after only 4 months of dating, she was doing crazy shit like faking pregnancy and all sorts to bait him into commiting early on. I told him to get the fuck out of there and he promptly did. She went crazy and threatened both my friend and myself calling me a "Home Wrecker" and a "Manipulative Whore", it simmered down after a few weeks though and everything was back to normal. Hadn't heard anything from her since then.

Well, cut to 6 months later, she found out somehow where I was last night and came into the local bar I hang out at with a beaker, I caught a glimpse of her storming up to me as she came up to the top floor, I managed to grab her arm, disarm her, kicked her in the kneecap and took her down, thankfully she hadn't taken the lid off. A few guys kept her pinned down and the police carted her off and rang me up today, surely enough the beaker had Sulfuric, nitric, and hydrochloric acids all mixed in. Asked me if I wanted to press charges, and I have. The bar I go to has CCTV on both floors so everything is stacked against her.

Crazy day overall. Hope they locked the stupid cow up. Fucking psychopath.

Giard

Gave my friend advice on what to do with his now ex-girlfriend who at the time was being pressured by her and her family on tying the knot after only 4 months of dating, she was doing crazy shit like faking pregnancy and all sorts to bait him into commiting early on. I told him to get the fuck out of there and he promptly did. She went crazy and threatened both my friend and myself calling me a "Home Wrecker" and a "Manipulative Whore", it simmered down after a few weeks though and everything was back to normal. Hadn't heard anything from her since then.

Well, cut to 6 months later, she found out somehow where I was last night and came into the local bar I hang out at with a beaker, I caught a glimpse of her storming up to me as she came up to the top floor, I managed to grab her arm, disarm her, kicked her in the kneecap and took her down, thankfully she hadn't taken the lid off. A few guys kept her pinned down and the police carted her off and rang me up today, surely enough the beaker had Sulfuric, nitric, and hydrochloric acids all mixed in. Asked me if I wanted to press charges, and I have. The bar I go to has CCTV on both floors so everything is stacked against her.

Jesus. Happy you're okay.

Just wanted to pop in and thank everyone who gave advice about menstrual cups, I think my girlfriend will end up trying them out.

Holy fucking shit. I'm so glad you are safe. That's absolutely insane.

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk

Wow that's crazy! Glad you're okay, and good on pressing charges. I hope she get locked up (or gets psychiatric help, whichever is required), hopefully that'll stop her from hurting (or trying to) anyone else in the future!

fucking wow

thank goodness you saw her in time

:( what a world

Nudull

Banned

Holy shit. I'm so, so glad you're alright.

Hopefully, everything gets sorted and that woman doesn't get to hurt anyone else.

Leeness

You're a gigantic badass.

I'm glad you're okay. That's so scary :(

Holy shit, good on on disarming her and protecting yourself. Glad you're okay!

Jesus. Happy you're okay.

Just wanted to pop in and thank everyone who gave advice about menstrual cups, I think my girlfriend will end up trying them out.

Holy fucking shit. I'm so glad you are safe. That's absolutely insane.

Wow that's crazy! Glad you're okay, and good on pressing charges. I hope she get locked up (or gets psychiatric help, whichever is required), hopefully that'll stop her from hurting (or trying to) anyone else in the future!

fucking wow

thank goodness you saw her in time

:( what a world

Holy shit. I'm so, so glad you're alright.

Hopefully, everything gets sorted and that woman doesn't get to hurt anyone else.

Thanks ladies. It boggles my mind that somebody would harbour a grudge over breaking up a 4 month long relationship. Being pissed I can understand, but trying to melt and disfigure my entire face? That I'll never understand.

You're a gigantic badass.

Far from it! But when you have steel toe cap boots you can make up for a short, skinny frame if you aim for the knees! Living and growing up with 3 brothers and a single father, and working security for clubs and pubs you learn how to throw what you got around!

what the hell. crazy people out there. glad nothing happened!
did you train in martial arts or something?

what the hell. crazy people out there. glad nothing happened!
did you train in martial arts or something?

Naw, I've just always made it a habit of mine to go for the calves, knees or the crotch when I try to defend myself. Had to do it a few times against guys and girls in the past when I used to work pubs and clubs as bouncer back-up when mainly dealing with drunk and aggressive women harrasing male co-workers and bar staff for a short stint.

that's scary! glad you are okay !! gj on disarming her, too !

omg

good on you, jjj

Naw, I've just always made it a habit of mine to go for the calves, knees or the crotch when I try to defend myself. Had to do it a few times against guys and girls in the past when I used to work pubs and clubs as bouncer back-up when mainly dealing with drunk and aggressive women harrasing male co-workers and bar staff for a short stint.

I see. definitely a badass right here. keep up being strong and awesome!

Samimista

Whenever I would visit my littlest cousins I would make excuses to watch them. Love Pooh bear. Watched the old cartoon series a lot as a kid, definitely :D

My favorite is the 1977 movie of course.
Also I sing the "Little Black Rain Cloud" song all the time.

Also I say "Tut tut, it looks like rain!" when it looks like it's about to rain, but nobody gets it :(

I apologize about the late reply, got a bit carried away with E3. :)

Aw. Winnie the Pooh is great. :D I sometimes watched the older cartoon as a kid. It would air really early in the morning (like five or six, I think) on Disney. Not sure if they still air it, but it's a good cartoon. :)

Hehe. :D Best Winnie movie. Love it for the heffalumps and woozles, ironically. xD

Bit late on this, but I'm glad you're okay. That must've been a crazy situation for you, especially with acting fast on your feet.

As for pressing charges, good on you. I hope she doesn't hurt anyone else.

Has GirlGAF been keeping up with E3?

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
Has GirlGAF been keeping up with E3?
Watched the Sony conference last night, saw a few trailers here and there.

I'm excited about Horizon: Dawn Zero (already was), Ni-Oh (new beta coming in August, look forward to test it with the changes they've made from the alpha), and I wanna try that RE7 demo that seems P.T. like -- gonna try it tonight probably.

Top Bottom