• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GirlGAF |OT 2| Shall I Compare Thee to a Summer's Eve?

Nudull

Banned
I want to try the RE7 demo, buuuut I need PS+ first.

Plenty of games from I'm excited for; RE7, For Honor, Crash Bandicoot Remastered, Horizon, the new God of War (really, really interesting in seeing how Norse mythology will be handled), Ni-Oh, FFXV, Detroit: Become Human, Spider-Man, ReCore, Injustice 2...I could probably go on. XD

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl
Looking forward to Wolfenstein: The New Colossus, Dishonored 2, Nier: Automata, Resident Evil 7, Ni-Oh if it's properly polished, New Zelda, Gravity Rush 2, and Naked Norman Reedus simulator.
I might be forgetting something but otherwise just waiting for my backer code for Bloodstained E3 to come in and I'm excited to give that a whirl.

Nudull

Banned
Speaking of Kojima, my copy of the Metal Gear Solid Legacy Collection arrived. The shitshow that was MGS V and how people reacted to certain story-related criticisms (especially with Ground Zeroes) turned me off of the series for a long while. Now, though, I want to at least give the rest of the series a fair shake.

Looking forward to Wolfenstein: The New Colossus, Dishonored 2, Nier: Automata, Resident Evil 7, Ni-Oh if it's properly polished, New Zelda, Gravity Rush 2, and Naked Norman Reedus simulator.
I might be forgetting something but otherwise just waiting for my backer code for Bloodstained E3 to come in and I'm excited to give that a whirl.

New Wolfenstein? I did like The New Order. :)

Leeness

Has GirlGAF been keeping up with E3?

Release date for Last Guardian finally ;_;

Looking forward over the next year or so to FFXV, Horizon, Detroit Become Human, Guardian, Zero Escape. Interested in the new direction for Resident Evil, interested in Days Gone, interested in Death Stranding because what the fuck was that. I would be into Zelda but I don't have a WiiU and probably won't get one, or an NX...I can't justify a console for one game anymore...

Any singers here on LadyGAF? Or wannabe singers?

Am I the only one who sometimes gets twinges of jealousy when listening to great singers? It's something that's always in the back of my mind when I'm listening to music with extremely talented women vocalists. I mean.... I can sing kinda... but not like Tina Turner or Ella Fitzgerald. =(

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u2bigf337aU

At around 1 minute and 45 seconds, I get chills. There's so much about this video that I love, and it fills me with jealous longing :(

Release date for Last Guardian finally ;_;

Looking forward over the next year or so to FFXV, Horizon, Detroit Become Human, Guardian, Zero Escape. Interested in the new direction for Resident Evil, interested in Days Gone, interested in Death Stranding because what the fuck was that. I would be into Zelda but I don't have a WiiU and probably won't get one, or an NX...I can't justify a console for one game anymore...

How many games do you need? Because I can recommend a solid dozen of spectacular games on Wii U off the top of my head.

NetMapel

Guilty White Male Mods Gave Me This Tag
PS4 is beasting and NX will have Zelda. So many games to play! Also, Leeness is welcome to come to my place and play the new zelda with me haha!

To help Leeness... Splatoon, Super Mario Maker, Mario Kart 8, Super Smash Bros Wii U, Xenoblade Chronicles X are good start :D

To add to this, Hyrule Warriors is really fun, New Super Mario Bros. U + New Super Luigi U is probably the best Mario game, mechanically, ever made, and Super Mario 3D World is an absolute gem. Oh, and Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze is easily the best Donkey Kong game.

If you like platformers at all you'll be in heaven.

Nudull

Banned
To add to this, Hyrule Warriors is really fun, New Super Mario Bros. U + New Super Luigi U is probably the best Mario game, mechanically, ever made, and Super Mario 3D World is an absolute gem. Oh, and Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze is easily the best Donkey Kong game.

And speaking of Zelda, The Wind Waker HD and Twilight Princess HD are both very solid choices (especially if you've never played either before).

I'd also add LEGO City Undercover (haven't played it myself, but quite a few people praised it) and Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker (a fun little puzzle spin-off of the Captain Toad minigames from Super Mario 3D World). :)

I've been living and breathing E3 tbh.

Kojima stole my heart. Cuphead's gameplay has me hype beyond belief for it. Xbox One S looks pretty fucking awesome. Scorpio sounds incredible but I know its going to be SUPER expensive which suuuuucks ;___;

Pokemon looks really great too but that showcase took way longer than it needed to. Also Legend of Zelda's newest addition looks fucking incredible and I want it so badly :<

FF15 was really disappointing this year. That dude playing the demo on stage sucked ass.

Kimaka

Kojima stole my heart. Cuphead's gameplay has me hype beyond belief for it. Xbox One S looks pretty fucking awesome. Scorpio sounds incredible but I know its going to be SUPER expensive which suuuuucks ;___;

I am so down for some mpreg.

Pokemon looks really great too but that showcase took way longer than it needed to. Also Legend of Zelda's newest addition looks fucking incredible and I want it so badly :<

FF15 was really disappointing this year. That dude playing the demo on stage sucked ass.

It looks sooo good, but idk if I want to buy a console for one game. I will have to wait and see what Nintendo does with the NX.

Outside of Zelda, there wasn't much that I was interested in that wasn't shown last year or known about. Still want FFXV, Horizon, and Mafia 3. I was hoping to get more info about Vampyr and Tyranny, but that didn't happen.

I've been too. Did you see the live presentation? The gameplay was better in it.

suzu

The FF15 stuff during the actual conferences was dumb, especially the goofy VR trailer. But the other videos afterward were pretty good. Looking more forward to playing it now that they announced a wait mode too. I'm ok with other action RPGs, but I was awful at the FF15 demo. haha

Also the off screen video of P5 got me all hyped again for it. :)

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
The hype for Kojima is embarrassing to be honest. There was no gameplay, nothing at all, we don't know what kind of game it'll be or even in how many years it'll come out. MGS5 took forever and disappointed many people, but are fanboys learning? Nope, it's all "OMG HYYYYYPE KOJIMA-SAAAAAN". Ugh.

Leeness

To help Leeness... Splatoon, Super Mario Maker, Mario Kart 8, Super Smash Bros Wii U, Xenoblade Chronicles X are good start :D

I will probably never play any of those :p I used to play Smash and Kart but it was because it was fun to play with my sisters that I lived with but we don't live together anymore. I haven't played a Mario platformer in years, and I was interested in Xenoblade (loved Chronicles) but looking at spoilers and all that, it just sounds intensely disappointing for a Xeno game :/ Also the music is AWFUL.

So...at this point, a Nintendo console would be a Zelda machine for me. I would play Wind Wake HD, but again...two games do not $250 make at this point in my life.

Also, Leeness is welcome to come to my place and play the new zelda with me haha!

I will totally take you up on this though lmao.

The hype for Kojima is embarrassing to be honest. There was no gameplay, nothing at all, we don't know what kind of game it'll be or even in how many years it'll come out. MGS5 took forever and disappointed many people, but are fanboys learning? Nope, it's all "OMG HYYYYYPE KOJIMA-SAAAAAN". Ugh.

I know we don't have similar tastes in games, but this is one of the things I agree with you wholeheartedly on.

I will probably never play any of those :p

But whyyyyyyy ;) Platformers are soooo fun.

If you're a Zelda fan Hyrule Warriors is a must. I don't even usually like Dynasty Warriors games but this one I find really fun.
But I guess it'd still be a Zelda machine ;)

Nudull

Banned

Amen. While it's nice that he's away from Konami, I really don't have that much excitement for Kojima. Especially these days. XD

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
And while I admit I have a strong bias against Kojima myself, I actually enjoyed P.T. and was intrigued to see what he could come up with collaborating with del Toro (and was bummed that it got cancelled, #fucKonami). Kojima is always at his best when he has smart, creative people around him to reign him in on his self-indulgent bullshit, and when he's left to his own devices the results are disastrous. So yeah, zero interest for Death Stranding until they actually show something of substance.

suzu

There was no gameplay, but I liked the trailer and the song. Just a teaser made for hype. Kojima walking out on the lighted path made me laugh out loud. Ahhhh video games.

Kimaka

That's like every E3 though. Show a cool CGI trailer, it's GEEEET HYPEE. Then if you say something negative about it, you're jaded and a hater.

E3 Highlights for me were:

- Steep: Seriously, look at this shit. I've been waiting years for a new proper extreme sports game and this looks like something special. Love the wingsuit section, imaging doing that shit down an entre mountain!

- The Legend Of Zelda: Breath Of The Wild: Finally, the series gets a much needed boot up the arse! Loving the way long running series are getting big changes. RE7, God of War and now this. The 6 hours of gameplay they showed the other day looked impressive. Eagerly awaiting dungeon details and town information though.

- Forza Horizon 3: Not usually a fan or these type of games but the setting and the car variety really impressed me. Tumbling across the australian coast in a buggy looks hella fun. Much better setting than previous games in the series! This and Steep seem to be scratching my sports and racing itch.

- Dead Rising 4: My main man Frank West? Check! A mall/town setting? Check! And at christmas no less! Love what we've seen of this so far. Looks so much better than the generic bland town setting that Dead Rising 3 had. Can't wait to see more of it over the next few months.

- Sea Of Thieves: Apart from the annoying LPer esque commentary and shouting in the reveal video, I loved what I saw of this. The idea of manning an entire ship with a large crew is really appealing to me. Like a much larger scale version of Guns Of Icarus, which I loved the everloving shit out of and still do.

And all that shit showed gameplay! Those are always the winners of E3 for me. Trailers and CGI are totally exempt.

Leeness

But whyyyyyyy ;) Platformers are soooo fun.

If you're a Zelda fan Hyrule Warriors is a must. I don't even usually like Dynasty Warriors games but this one I find really fun.
But I guess it'd still be a Zelda machine ;)

Work, commute, school, TV shows. I only play games on weekends now, at most. Which makes me sad but it does cut down on spending.

It'll take me until FFXV comes out to finish Uncharted 4 lol. FFXV and Last Guardian will take me a few months together, etc

Work, commute, school, TV shows. I only play games on weekends now, at most. Which makes me sad but it does cut down on spending.

It'll take me until FFXV comes out to finish Uncharted 4 lol. FFXV and Last Guardian will take me a few months together, etc

Fair enough :D

I hear that. Hell I work for* Ninty and I barely got time to play games still.

Leeness

Fair enough :D

I hear that. Hell I work for* Ninty and I barely got time to play games still.

Having to adult is hard :(

9a772aa13dae19531344489253dae78b.jpg

NetMapel

Guilty White Male Mods Gave Me This Tag
I haven't play games in so long that games feel foreign to me now :( Last game that I spent a lot of hours in was Xenoblade Chronicles X, haha. Going to wait for maybe PS4 slim to come out and get that, I suppose, along with Uncharted 4 and some other games. Will also see what NX is like so I can decide whether I want to buy it (most likely I will after a few good games come out on it). I will potentially wait for the NX version of Zelda if there is enough reasons to justify it !

Now my life is work, exercise, learning piano/coding and sleep. SO PRODUCTIVE :O

I wish I could get hype like I used to in the olden days. I'm looking at my steam library like it's one of those big mountains in the new Zelda game. I can climb it, sure, but maaaaaaaaan. :(

I wish I wasn't so ADD and could just play a game from start to finish like I used to. Only game I've beaten in the last year is Ori and the Blind Forest. In fact... I'm hype for a new Ori game.

Samimista

Glad to hear everyone enjoyed E3. Berserk and South Park would probably be my highlight. I was disappointed in FF XV on the first day, but Enix managed to turn it around.

I wish I could get hype like I used to in the olden days. I'm looking at my steam library like it's one of those big mountains in the new Zelda game. I can climb it, sure, but maaaaaaaaan. :(

I wish I wasn't so ADD and could just play a game from start to finish like I used to. Only game I've beaten in the last year is Ori and the Blind Forest. In fact... I'm hype for a new Ori game.

I still need to beat Ori, myself. I might just play the remaster since I heard it has an easy mode . . . The original seems a bit challenging.

But, I hope you can play more games. It's understandable how hard it can be to focus on one game at a time. Especially if it's an open world game. Those can be overwhelming at times.

May I ask who you are on Steam, by the way? :O

I haven't play games in so long that games feel foreign to me now :( Last game that I spent a lot of hours in was Xenoblade Chronicles X, haha. Going to wait for maybe PS4 slim to come out and get that, I suppose, along with Uncharted 4 and some other games. Will also see what NX is like so I can decide whether I want to buy it (most likely I will after a few good games come out on it). I will potentially wait for the NX version of Zelda if there is enough reasons to justify it !

Now my life is work, exercise, learning piano/coding and sleep. SO PRODUCTIVE :O

How was Chronicles X? I'm a Xenoblade fan myself, but have not played that one. I mean, I don't have a Wii-U, but I could always borrow my brother's.

Uncharted 4 was loads of fun. Felt like it had the best gameplay mechanics in the series. :)

As for NX, I'm right there with you. xD I haven't played Zelda since Twilight Princess, but I'm intrigued with the newer one.

My wig finally came innnnnnnn ahhhhhhh *O*

Beautiful. :)

It honestly doesn't look like a wig either.

olympia

steer clear of the "are you sexist" thread in ot. sorry to bring negativity in here, but damn

super guilty. i do love mgsv though.

Top Bottom