• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GirlGAF |OT 2| Shall I Compare Thee to a Summer's Eve?

Thanks guys :>

I totally avoid sexist threads because i tend to have a short fuse and will fight with people who think its funny to treat women like shit or cast stereotypes. Makes my blood boil :mad:

People are stupid

Pau

I haven't play games in so long that games feel foreign to me now :( Last game that I spent a lot of hours in was Xenoblade Chronicles X, haha. Going to wait for maybe PS4 slim to come out and get that, I suppose, along with Uncharted 4 and some other games. Will also see what NX is like so I can decide whether I want to buy it (most likely I will after a few good games come out on it). I will potentially wait for the NX version of Zelda if there is enough reasons to justify it !

Now my life is work, exercise, learning piano/coding and sleep. SO PRODUCTIVE :O
Learning piano? Have you just started? I'm thinking about jumping back in with like the tiniest of experience.

NetMapel

Guilty White Male Mods Gave Me This Tag
Learning piano? Have you just started? I'm thinking about jumping back in with like the tiniest of experience.
Yup I literally just started roughly 3 weeks ago. Had my third weekly lesson yesterday and it went well. Using Alfred's Basic Adult All In One Level 1 book as suggested by the teacher. Very important to keep practicing as much as you can and make it a daily habit. So far it is very enjoyable and I can play some simple two hands tunes from that book :) Totally something awesome to do if you're interested! I'm old and just started learning so I definitely think it Isis great for anybody to give it a go. For the longest time I couldn't choose between a violin or piano but finally I chose the piano because it just sounds so nice!

Also yes I also played a bit of Metal Gear Solid V too. Solid solid gameplay for sure! Right now though I have an itch to play Final Fantasy Tactics and am trying to decide whether to get it on iPad or maybe PS4 haha

According to that sexist survey I'm the most hostile self-gender hating sexist woman alive!

acyNE98.png

And if any of you women disagree I'll deck you!

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
Being a "regular" of the sexism threads on GAF xD that thread wasn't what I was expecting. It was mostly about that quiz and how shitty it was, and to be honest I agree -- the questions were phrased extremely poorly and the methodology was shite.

I'd like to see a real survey about that using proper methodology, it could be interesting, but as it is, it's quite worthless. You'd find more depth in a "which Song of Ice and Fire character are you?" Buzzfeed quiz. xD

And if any of you women disagree I'll deck you!
I'll have to remember to not bring a vial of acid...!

romulus, you should probably post a new thread asking for that advice, as opposed to here. Dating advice stuff from guys is discouraged in girl-gaf because if it's allowed it'll be a deluge of it, with girls in here having to be basically dating advice columnists.

that said, I have some kinda related experience with this. In high school I was way into a girl with Indian ancestry, and I asked her out once. We were great friends for years and had a great chemistry. After I asked her, though, she said she thought I was great but she couldn't. I asked why, and she just said it would be impossible.

I didn't get it at all, but later a mutual friend of ours came up and said, "so you asked [her] out, huh?" I said yeah, and that I didn't get what happened. She said that there's no way her parents would let her be with anybody but another Indian who shared their faith (Hindu in this case). She was close with her parents and would never do anything to mess up that relationship. I was like, but, it's just dating, it's not like we're getting married, and apparently that doesn't even matter, so. It was a rough lesson to learn, and she distanced herself from me afterward, but ultimately the best thing to do is give space and respect her decision. She's under a lot of familial pressure, and I know you feel madly in love with her but it will fade. If she is willing to entertain a guy flying in for an arranged relationship or whatever, then it's pretty much out of the question. The fact that she's hiding your relationship from them says it all.

So ultimately, you're both going to hurt, but trying to keep the dream alive so to speak is going to only make things worse. It's not the advice you want to hear, but what you need to hear. Start accepting it as soon as you can, and give yourself space to breathe and move on. Once you're at the point where you can move on, you can reassess the relationship and see if you can be friends. She may not be able to, or you may not. Just be prepared for that outcome.

romulus91

romulus, you should probably post a new thread asking for that advice, as opposed to here. Dating advice stuff from guys is discouraged in girl-gaf because if it's allowed it'll be a deluge of it, with girls in here having to be basically dating advice columnists.

that said, I have some kinda related experience with this. In high school I was way into a girl with Indian ancestry, and I asked her out once. We were great friends for years and had a great chemistry. After I asked her, though, she said she thought I was great but she couldn't. I asked why, and she just said it would be impossible.

I didn't get it at all, but later a mutual friend of ours came up and said, "so you asked [her] out, huh?" I said yeah, and that I didn't get what happened. She said that there's no way her parents would let her be with anybody but another Indian who shared their faith (Hindu in this case). She was close with her parents and would never do anything to mess up that relationship. I was like, but, it's just dating, it's not like we're getting married, and apparently that doesn't even matter, so. It was a rough lesson to learn, and she distanced herself from me afterward, but ultimately the best thing to do is give space and respect her decision. She's under a lot of familial pressure, and I know you feel madly in love with her but it will fade. If she is willing to entertain a guy flying in for an arranged relationship or whatever, then it's pretty much out of the question. The fact that she's hiding your relationship from them says it all.

So ultimately, you're both going to hurt, but trying to keep the dream alive so to speak is going to only make things worse. It's not the advice you want to hear, but what you need to hear. Start accepting it as soon as you can, and give yourself space to breathe and move on. Once you're at the point where you can move on, you can reassess the relationship and see if you can be friends. She may not be able to, or you may not. Just be prepared for that outcome.

Oh sorry...will do. And yeah, your answer is completely the most sensical... and i agree with you. Doing it is another thing all together. (Perhaps i didnt explain well either, she absolutely hates the idea of being set up---- her father did not tell her it was happening and they havent spoken to her for weeks now)

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
Yeah I made that thread, was kind of shocked there wasn't one already. As depressing as it is, it seems way too important not to talk about. I actually saw that story from Aena's retweet of the guy's tweet and went "WAIT WHAT".

Then, my boyfriend, who listens to Jimquisition's podcast, told me he heard about Laura Kate being almost kidnapped via Uber and I'm like.... WTF is with E3 this year? Yikes.

Edit: on a slightly more uplifting (? maybe? it's about a WW2 Russian sniper lady who shoots a lot of people so uh... xD) note, I just read this and found it really cool. Enjoy!

http://rejectedprincesses.tumblr.com/post/145611743923/rejectedprincesses-tons-more

I mean, I know we all love to look at things when we get told not to look, but.... I tried to explain why you don't want to look.

JJJ the title includes "drugged drink".

o0WIA0e.gif

Oh dear, what a fucking mess. Horrific shit like this ruins the fun for everybody else. People go to those events to have drinks and a bit of fun and a chat, and then shit stains like that pull off scummy, destestable shit like this and not only do they endanger peoples lives, they also ensure that events like this will never happen again. Idiots.

iirate

Did y'all know that vaginas are like milk, and start being all moldy and smelly as they age? Hair also have similar youthful properties in that they cannot be groomed and look good on older people. Oh and 38 is the new 88, or something!

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?p=207546771#post207546771

*jaw drops*

I'm really good at subconsciously avoiding these threads. Like, I don't actively think about how terrible they'll be, but I'll skip over them, then see y'all talking about how terrible they are, and be so, so, grateful for this gift.

NetMapel

Guilty White Male Mods Gave Me This Tag
LOLOL wtf I totally missed out on the whole Nintendo Treehouse thread on GAF. Guess it was for the better.

As for being drugged in E3 parties and kidnapped by Uber an Uber driver... That is so crazy I cannot imagine. Stay safe out there, ladies.

Threads like the recent Treehouse Zelda one makes me ashamed of being on GAF.

I can just imagine those GAF users at the time.

"Holy crap! A slim-fit t-shirt on an attractive looking woman? I've never seen that shit before! DAYUM! GAF must know of my sudden arousal over this!

GKslCn2.gif

Followed by...

zyc1XLr.gif

Jobbs

Banned
I can just imagine those GAF users at the time.

"Holy crap! A slim-fit t-shirt on an attractive looking woman? I've never seen that shit before! DAYUM! GAF must know of my sudden arousal over this!

GKslCn2.gif

Followed by...

zyc1XLr.gif

lol

I love this thread, I wish I was a girl

34j2f22.jpg

I was reading that treehouse thread as it was happening. It was shocking. Neogaf is full of little boys.

Samimista

The air pipes they keep having to inhale from to stay down there kinda makes it look like they're taking bong hits constantly! Haha!

Neat idea though. Makes a change from the usual wildlife shows.

Lol! It does look like that, haha. xD

Despite living so close to Weeki Wachee State Park, I haven't been there in almost a decade. The mermaid shows are magical, but admission is a bit pricey.

Wait, when do I get my fish powers? I want them now.

THEY'RE MY FISH POWERS AND I WANT THEM NOW.

When I become a mermaid, I'm gonna swoon over Old Gregg with my scaly tail! :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4LZo9ugJTWQ

Top Bottom