• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GirlGAF |OT 2| Shall I Compare Thee to a Summer's Eve?

ishibear

is a goddamn bear
I play SFV and Injustice these days, though I may pick back up Smash. Waiting for Dragon Ball Xenoverse 2, Tekken 7 and Injustice 2, later this year. :)

Come to think it, I've never actually played a Guilty Gear game before. I did like Persona 4 Arena, though my getting into Blazblue was more awkward.

Leo's been my Tekken main for a while now. As for Smash 4; Lucina, Kirby, Pac-Man and Toon Link

Sweeet

Good to see more Leo players! I like your Sm4sh picks btw ;3

OMG

go to evo

legit one of the best weekends of my life every year

Maybe someday. I need a LOT of practice with Pit. I think I'm barely above average right now. Btw how did you do at EVO this year? Had fun right? :3 I didn't keep up much with the streams as much as I wanted to.

Kinsei

Banned
I'm awful at fighters but I love playing them. I have Mortal Kombat X, Street Fighter V, Smash, and I plan on getting King of Fighter XIV if I like the demo.

Kimaka

Mortal Kombat is the only fighting game that I am competent at and have played the current entry. Before that was Soulcalibur and Dead or Alive in the PS2/XBox era. I'm not much of a fighting game person.

Maybe someday. I need a LOT of practice with Pit. I think I'm barely above average right now. Btw how did you do at EVO this year? Had fun right? :3 I didn't keep up much with the streams as much as I wanted to.
I almost made it out of my pool, but I tripped at the finish line. Lost in Winner's and Loser's finals. :(
I'm awful at fighters but I love playing them. I have Mortal Kombat X, Street Fighter V, Smash, and I plan on getting King of Fighter XIV if I like the demo.

Trust me, not everyone at EVO is amazing at fighting games. People come not just to compete, but to play games with everyone.

i miss sc. i used to play calibur 2 with my ex for hours. when's a one coming out?

SC2 was so much fun :>

...but I also donno when a new SC is coming out... .___.

i've kind of drifted away from interest in fighting games lately i guess .___.

i'll ask my SO, she usually knows stuff :>

ishibear

is a goddamn bear
I almost made it out of my pool, but I tripped at the finish line. Lost in Winner's and Loser's finals. :(

Trust me, not everyone at EVO is amazing at fighting games. People come not just to compete, but to play games with everyone.

Aw well that's still impressive! Anyway I'm sure you'll get it next time! 👍

Aw well that's still impressive! Anyway I'm sure you'll get it next time! 👍

Thanks ishi!

PmwHVdz.png

i know, i know...

tumblr_n9ov7pdL2u1tajjsfo1_400.gif

ishibear

is a goddamn bear
I've been meaning to ask where your avy came from. Keeps reminding me of the main character from Yu-Gi-Oh GX. o.o

There was an anime for the game Sengoku Musou 4 that featured some random skits at the end of each episode. The anime was a disaster but the skits were great and my avatar is from one skit where Mitsunari can't type with his sharp gloves. He gets frustrated because everyone else can type and I love his expressions 😄

This is unbearable.

What is THIS? BEAR JOKES?

I'M NOT A BEAR BEEF'S LYING

I want to go to EVO some day but money ;_____;

We should all play something online sometime. It doesn't have to be a fighting game though! Maybe Starbound since it finally releases on the 22nd?!?

Also, have you guys read about Kat Von D officially being done with Jeffree Star?

Idk if anyone in here really follows makeup news but this blow out is pretty intense. Jeffree Star is such a piece of shit.

I want to go to EVO some day but money ;_____;

We should all play something online sometime. It doesn't have to be a fighting game though! Maybe Starbound since it finally releases on the 22nd?!?

Also, have you guys read about Kat Von D officially being done with Jeffree Star?

Idk if anyone in here really follows makeup news but this blow out is pretty intense. Jeffree Star is such a piece of shit.

what? why? :O

He's a piece of shit.

He bullies people/customers via Twitter all the time, had tons of racist videos from back in the day on youtube, starts fights with other MUA at conventions and talks shit about everyone behind their backs. There's a lot of negative marks towards him. I'm glad she is removing him from the picture.

I prefer her products when it comes down to the makeup anyway.

He's a piece of shit.

He bullies people/customers via Twitter all the time, had tons of racist videos from back in the day on youtube, starts fights with other MUA at conventions and talks shit about everyone behind their backs. There's a lot of negative marks towards him. I'm glad she is removing him from the picture.

I prefer her products when it comes down to the makeup anyway.

oh wow I had no idea. only watched a couple of videos where he seemed really cool :/

NetMapel

Guilty White Male Mods Gave Me This Tag
Quick, guys, which Pokemon go team should I join? What does GAF say? Sell me your team in titulating ways!

NetMapel

Guilty White Male Mods Gave Me This Tag
Team blue/mystic seem to got a female lead. I thought that's kind of cool~ I think I will join blue because that's my favourite colour

Those are some professional quality photos 3J.

I saw on my Facebook today that somebody I went to school with is now a cheerleader for the NBA. I was curious to see how much they get paid and damn. That shit is low low. I think I even get paid more than that at my shitty job.

I have to say this away from the thread OCD Guy made, but when it turned out that he didn't tell people why things are the way they are and let her tell her side of the story and made him look bad, I started to understand why his girlfriend was looking elsewhere. I'm not condoning it, but I understand it. No way can I be with a man who lets someone walk over him like that unless he seriously tries to gain some basic confidence in himself.

Lots in the thread are like,"You're a better man than me" but no.

No.

On a date the other day, I got whistled at and my man confronted him. He didn't start a fight, but he did have some words to say. If he ignored it and said something like,"don't worry, it's not a big deal" I'm positive I would have reacted negatively. I'm not saying to go 100, pure machismo, but at the very least stick up for yourself. Letting something go unabated, without rebuttal isn't a cute trait.

I have to say this away from the thread OCD Guy made, but when it turned out that he didn't tell people why things are the way they are and let her tell her side of the story and made him look bad, I started to understand why his girlfriend was looking elsewhere. I'm not condoning it, but I understand it. No way can I be with a man who lets someone walk over him like that unless he seriously tries to gain some basic confidence in himself.

No.

On a date the other day, I got whistled at and my man confronted him. He didn't start a fight, but he did have some words to say. If he ignored it and said something like,"don't worry, it's not a big deal" I'm positive I would have reacted negatively. I'm not saying to go 100, pure machismo, but at the very least stick up for yourself. Letting something go unabated, without rebuttal isn't a cute trait.

Starting to argue will likely result in a shouting match (especially with another friend present) where you can't say any reasonable thing. His parents believe him anyway, or otherwise he can just tell them afterwards with the evidence he has, when things are calm and he isn't interrupted by other people.

And he is then pretty much forced to show the picture for no good reason while it may be way more useful later on. Also it is only his own reputation he is "risking", it is not someone else is affected and he doesn't even care or does not seem worried about that.

His response is completely reasonable and doing anything else would not have led to a better situation. The only thing it would effect is possibly his satisfaction (which really likely wouldn't even be the case, because nobody walks away happily from shouting matches).

Now he also says he doesn't have a lot of confidence. But really, when I look at the situation I couldn't imagine ending any better for him if he was going to argue and show the pictures now instead of when he is in control. And you are comparing it to your boyfriend coming up for you. Shouldn't you be the one then that does that?

Starting to argue will likely result in a shouting match (especially with another friend present) where you can't say any reasonable thing. His parents believe him anyway, or otherwise he can just tell them afterwards with the evidence he has, when things are calm and he isn't interrupted by other people.

And he is then pretty much forced to show the picture for no good reason while it may be way more useful later on. Also it is only his own reputation he is "risking", it is not someone else is affected and he doesn't even care or does not seem worried about that.

His response is completely reasonable and doing anything else would not have led to a better situation. The only thing it would effect is possibly his satisfaction (which really likely wouldn't even be the case, because nobody walks away happily from shouting matches).

Now he also says he doesn't have a lot of confidence. But really, when I look at the situation I couldn't imagine ending any better for him if he was going to argue and show the pictures now instead of when he is in control.

Who says anything about arguing? I'm talking about clearing the air and making it known. Also, why is arguing necessarily bad? People argue. There's no way you're going to get out of this situation without arguing. Putting your head in the sand and ignoring it is not going to do a thing and at the very least he should put a word in.

Now she knows she can say whatever she wants without repercussion. Rumors will spread. He could possibly lose friendships over this.

I'm sorry but I have to respectfully disagree with you entirely.

Sticking up for himself in that scenario would have been pointless.

She's moving out. His parents believe him. That would have led to more pointless confrontations.

Confidence isn't correlated to reaction. He can still have confidence without adding fuel to a fire. He was the bigger person and walked away from a bullshit situation all while keeping his character intact and being respectful. It's admirable absolutely.

And to say you understand why she would look elsewhere.....That's a fucked up perspective, honestly.

Who says anything about arguing? I'm talking about clearing the air and making it known. Also, why is arguing necessarily bad? People argue. There's no way you're going to get out of this situation without arguing. Putting your head in the sand and ignoring it is not going to do a thing and at the very least he should put a word in.

What would he have benefited with arguing? His parents believe him already. I highly doubt the others are going to sit there silently and acknowledge it, it is going to end up in a loud argument and his ex and her friend have some chance of refuting that. It is safer that, if it is necessary to present the evidence when he feels like.

Right now anything she has told hasn't hasn't changed anyone impressions about the OP, except for maybe her friend but it's not like he cares. If his ex keeps saying it isn't true and it is involving people he cares about, then he can refute it. But there was no point in doing so now and having an unnecessary confrontation.

But your example still involves you being whistled at, your boyfriend handling it and then wanting people to stick up for yourself. I mean...what!?

No.

I wouldn't say I could understand why she looks elsewhere because what she did is inexcusable but I agree with the rest. I see many people that take so much shit while dating, never standing up for themselves and I never understood why. it's okay to call someone out on wrong and hurtful behaviour. it's even kinda necessary to hold up that whole relationship framework in general. not in an aggressive way but you get the idea. my guess is that he's probably just embarrassed the whole thing happened to him tbh. it's not exactly an ego boost when your SO is looking at other dudes.

What would he have benefited with arguing? His parents believe him already. I highly doubt the others are going to sit there silently and acknowledge it, it is going to end up in a loud argument and his ex and her friend have some chance of refuting that. It is safer that, if it is necessary to present the evidence when he feels like.

Right now anything she has told hasn't hasn't changed anyone impressions about the OP, except for maybe her friend but it's not like he cares. If his ex keeps saying it isn't true and it is involving people he cares about, then he can refute it. But there was no point in doing so now and having an unnecessary confrontation.

But your example still involves you being whistled at, your boyfriend handling it and then wanting people to stick up for yourself. I mean...what!?

I disagree. I think letting it go uncontested shouldn't happen. I don't care if it starts an argument. I never said to argue. I said to defend yourself. Whether it starts an argument or not doesn't matter. What matters is not letting someone get away with something when they are blatantly trying to hurt you. Who cares if it will result in an argument? A whistle is not going to hurt me too much, but he slapped my ass he would lose an arm.

As for whistling, I am catcalled, stared at, and whistled at all day. Most men are worth ignoring when that happens. If I put in a word every time I was, I would lose my voice. Do you want me to slap every fucker that stares at my breasts? I'll stare them down with my bitch face, but the point of the story is to demonstrate that he is not willing to allow someone to get away with doing things like that to me in his presence, just like how he should feel the same for me. There is mutual bonding of trust.

His situation and my situation are completely different. Mine is an ever day occurrence. His is a special situation following a break up.

I wouldn't say I could understand why she looks elsewhere because what she did is inexcusable but I agree with the rest. I see many people that take so much shit while dating, never standing up for themselves and I never understood why. it's okay to call someone out on wrong and hurtful behaviour. it's even kinda necessary to hold up that whole relationship framework in general. not in an aggressive way but you get the idea. my guess is that he's probably just embarrassed the whole thing happened to him tbh. it's not exactly an ego boost when your SO is looking at other dudes.

He did though? Not in the most subtle way but he did confront her and ended the relationship. The rest is petty vengeance.

As a general point I agree with you, but I don't see how it applies here.

I disagree. I think letting it go uncontested shouldn't happen. I don't care if it starts an argument. I never said to argue. I said to defend yourself. Whether it starts an argument or not doesn't matter. What matters is not letting someone get away with something when they are blatantly trying to hurt you. Who cares if it will result in an argument?

As for whistling, I am catcalled, stared at, and whistled at all day. Most men are worth ignoring when that happens. If I put in a word every time I was, I would lose my voice. Do you want me to slap every fucker that stares at my breasts? I'll stare him down with my bitch face, but the point of the story is to demonstrate that he is not willing to allow someone to get away with doing things like that to me in his presence, just like how he should feel the same for me. There is mutual bonding of trust.

His situation and my situation are completely different. Mine is an ever day occurrence. His is a special situation following a break up.

So yeah, it doesn't really effect anything other than his pride I understand. While giving up his leverage. And he cares if it will result in an argument, especially when he doesn't like being confrontational. He has no reason to risk it. You don't care about the argument and would take the opportunity to defend yourself, great, but there is no good reason to do so except for having a moment of vengeance with that ex. Especially when he can defend himself, if necessary, which it wasn't, right after alone with his parents.

I don't care about why you don't do it, but if you say that people have to come up for themselves it would be good to not show the exact opposite with an example.

Yup. What she did was inexcusable, but I understand.

And completely agree.

He did though? Not in the most subtle way but he did confront her and ended the relationship. The rest is petty vengeance.

I'll be clear. I disagree with any suggestion to be petty and vindictive. But I don't think saying,"none of that is true" is being petty or vindictive.

Reading the thread he seems emotionally absent when it comes to his actions and I find I find it worrying how it may occur during daily life.

I think the whole "vengeance" angle doesn't apply here. why not tell his side of the story? it's only fair. I just don't think it makes him a "bigger man" by letting it go so easy. he is allowed to have feelings and be hurt and put his side out there. showing this doesn't make him petty, he'd just own up to his feelings. he'll be chewing on this for a while anyway, no chance he's just magically free of all inner conflict by avoiding possible arguments. but whatever, I guess everyone has different ways to deal with stuff.

Top Bottom