• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GirlGAF |OT 2| Shall I Compare Thee to a Summer's Eve?

Media

Batman has sex with Batgirl. He's known her since she was a child and has basically been a second father to her. This is also the Killing Joke so she'll be crippled and it's heavily implied that she was raped.

One of the biggest criticisms of the original story is how she was treated and now they're pulling this shit.

Welp, there went any interest I had in the film.

Jobbs

Banned
That and it's likely your pics are being used elsewhere as a form of mockery.

Whaa? dang, That's a scary thought. It's a horrible world out there.

And look it's a ....

jZjlP1m.gif

Shit, it's just another Rattata

I feel sorry for anybody who feels they shouldn't show their picture on the internet
Me included! lol
Not that I blame anybody, it's just sad how the world is sometimes

You're an inspiration Leeness :)

Leeness

I feel sorry for anybody who feels they shouldn't show their picture on the internet
Me included! lol
Not that I blame anybody, it's just sad how the world is sometimes

You're an inspiration Leeness :)

Lol, let's be real though, whatever they can say about me, I probably think even worse about myself, so... 😂 Like I said, I don't go looking, but it wouldn't even matter. I'd just agree with them anyway.

ishibear

is a goddamn bear
That's the main reason why you don't know what I look like tbh

Same. I would love to post pics of myself but I am terrified of online stalkers and harassers. It happened before and I'm still not over it.

You're an inspiration Leeness. Truly.

ishibear

is a goddamn bear
Don't be! It's not your fault.

I have to keep reminding myself that too. Posting pictures should never be incentive for someone to be an online creep.

The one time my pic wound up on a hate subreddit spooked me. Didn't go looking for it, but it found me nonetheless.
That sucks, sibbie!

*hugs*

Those people are probably so lacking in their lives that they have to stoop down into caring so much about other peoples' appearances???

Pitiful~

Sibylus

Banned
That sucks, sibbie!

*hugs*

Those people are probably so lacking in their lives that they have to stoop down into caring so much about other peoples' appearances???

Pitiful~

*hugs* Thank you for the encouragement, OuiNONnonNONOui. At least I was spared snarky commentary or anything of the like, just some weird reddit ass-cabbage dropping me into a scrolling banner with other Gaf posters.

It's lovely if you can afford it! I had to move because it was too expensive for me.

And if you're going to take Moore at his word for this, are you going to accept the rest of what he says? Because I love his work but the dude has a sort of loathing for his own stuff, or at least the fans of it.

I don't take Moore at his word, no, but the first time I read Killing Joke I thought I must have a bootleg copy or parody because it was so bad I couldn't believe it was the highly praised story everyone always talks about.

And yeah, I can afford to live here because I was born into money. I'll make no pretenses. (
I get a huge dispersal from my trust fund next year and I'm supposed to inherit the family home when I turn thirty or get married
).

leelee, your avatars are always so pretty <3

I agree! &#9829;

Leeness has courage posting her pic on this site and in this thread specifically.

Has this thread been targeted specifically in the past? I've pretty much always had a picture or drawing of me as my avatar, and I've posted my picture on numerous occasions, yet almost no one on GAF has ever been weird about it.

The problem isn't on GAF.

Imagine some reddit person getting name to faces, screen shotting someone like Jezebel saying how much she loves anal and sending it to her employer or something.

I don't take Moore at his word, no, but the first time I read Killing Joke I thought I must have a bootleg copy or parody because it was so bad I couldn't believe it was the highly praised story everyone always talks about.
Y'all are making me feel like I should reread it. It's been a while, maybe it's not as good as I remember.

And yeah, I can afford to live here because I was born into money. I'll make no pretenses. (
I get a huge dispersal from my trust fund next year and I'm supposed to inherit the family home when I turn thirty or get married
).

Really?
... *slicks back hair* so uh... how you doin'? XD

In all seriousness, it's weird for me because I lived there for nearly 30 years. The last few I lived in Santa Monica, and it was wonderful. But now I have to wonder if I'll ever be able to afford to live there again, and the answer is "probably not." It's kind of depressing.

Unless I can find a sugar mama of course ;)

Has this thread been targeted specifically in the past? I've pretty much always had a picture or drawing of me as my avatar, and I've posted my picture on numerous occasions, yet almost no one on GAF has ever been weird about it.

Not that I know of, but then again I tend to stay away from the seamy underbelly of the internet. From what I've seen, it's mainly specific posters and not threads.

Not that I know of, but then again I tend to stay away from the seamy underbelly of the internet. From what I've seen, it's mainly specific posters and not threads.

Ah, gotcha.

Really?
... *slicks back hair* so uh... how you doin'? XD

In all seriousness, it's weird for me because I lived there for nearly 30 years. The last few I lived in Santa Monica, and it was wonderful. But now I have to wonder if I'll ever be able to afford to live there again, and the answer is "probably not." It's kind of depressing.

Unless I can find a sugar mama of course ;)

I'm very happy with my current relationship but I appreciate the gesture :p

I'm sorry that had to happen to you. It's not fair for people to have to be uprooted like that. Best of luck going forward!

Nudull

Banned
I'm pretty nervous about my appearance, let alone showing myself to others (outside of dating sites, where I'm pretty much forced to). I had a bad experience with another site where the mods/admins somehow got into one of my social media accounts and posted pics of me on the forums. That, and that one time when another person from a writing community I was in decided to humiliate me and drive me out completely after seeing what I looked like.

Speaking of women and comics, what does GirlGAF think of Y: The Last Man? It's one of my all-time favourites, myself.

Is it bad that I still haven't read it? :c

Hahaha Swordfish was indeed worse. What a trainwreck of a movie.

There's a hacking movie that's a bigger insult than Hackers? I mean, sure, Live Free or Did Hard exists, but...

gaiages

Banned
I wouldn't mind posting pictures of myself, if I had any, lol. I'm very camera shy and it takes a lot for me to get a picture I deem alright. It's literally like, one picture a year I like.

Of course at the same time I'm in the middle of trying to lose weight so I really don't like my appearance right now :p

cloudwalking

300chf ain't shit to me

I don't know about this thread in particular, but I did have someone from this forum cyberstalk me on social media... It got very bad, to the point where this person was making fake facebook accounts and adding my family members. Don't wanna go into details, but it's one of the reasons I stopped posting here for a while. Luckily it was taken care of when I eventually went to the state police here. Actually Evilore helped me out a lot -- seriously, he was amazing about it and I will be forever grateful to him. I would suggest if any of you ever have such an issue with any poster here you should contact him.

Can confirm that the forum staff are great and helpful. Don't want to go into circumstances but they can help you out if need be when something like that happens. And wow Cloud. That's awful. Glad things are okay now though.

Misha

Banned

I know there have been a few subreddits that specifically target GAF and I think they're on voat or 8chan now but I cant remember which. not sure if they target this thread in particular but its not worth the risk to me

I know there have been a few subreddits that specifically target GAF and I think they're on voat or 8chan now but I cant remember which. not sure if they target this thread in particular but its not worth the risk to me
Honestly being made fun of behind my back doesn't give me the slightest pause, especially not from a hate group. Haters gonna hate and all that. I don't go searching for things that will only make my life worse, so those kinds of places might as well not exist.

Direct harassment and stalking I've handled differently. I'm not afraid of it though, and I hope I can never become that way. I love being open about who I am :)

Misha

Banned
Honestly being made fun of behind my back doesn't give me the slightest pause, especially not from a hate group. Haters gonna hate and all that. I don't go searching for things that will only make my life worse, so those kinds of places might as well not exist.

Direct harassment and stalking I've handled differently. I'm not afraid of it though, and I hope I can never become that way. I love being open about who I am :)

At this point a picture could ruin my life. Considering my aspirations ill probably have to deal with it in the future though. Shouldn't be too big of a deal at that point

Nudull

Banned

I admire your strength and openness. I've been afraid of my own reputation on GAF and how people have seen me and my feminist views (people have hinted more than once that this forum doesn't think of me too highly), but I try my best to move forward.

I used to get upset about people I don't even know picking apart my posts & pics but now I don't even check GAF offspring sites. not sure if this shit is still going on but I'm advicing anyone to ignore it. the internet is a huge place so it naturally attracts a lot of creeps and no-lifers. especially on gaming sites ;P

I don't post pictures here anymore. I used to post them by the truckload.

Someone once posted in the confession thread about driving past my house when I was a teenager living with my parents, back when I wasn't as cautious as I am now. You simply never know who's reading your posts and unfortunately there is a particularly seedy underbelly to this site.

Top Bottom