• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GirlGAF |OT 2| Shall I Compare Thee to a Summer's Eve?

I'm very picky with comedies so there was no way I was going to see GB in theatres after such awful trailers.

I'll check it out if it hits Netflix though.

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
Just came back from watching this Korean movie at the Fantasia Festival:

The Phantom Detective

Really fun movie! I've been enjoying a lot of Korean cinema these past few years thanks to Fantasia, I feel they just have more style and substance than most Hollywood movies.

And that little granddaughter is just amazingly adorable xD

Jobbs

Banned
Ah yeah that.

How do you find Bloodborne PVP? I did some around Nightmare Frontier initially, but I found the ease of healing and the need to farm vials to be deal breaking. You'd battle someone -- and whoever runs out of vials first loses -- And then you get to go farm more vials. Yay.

Really fun movie! I've been enjoying a lot of Korean cinema these past few years thanks to Fantasia, I feel they just have more style and substance than most Hollywood movies.

I watch lot of Korean movies, especially thrillers! There have been so many great ones, I feel bad for people who don't have these on their radar or just won't watch them for whatever reason. They have a great movie business there.

From people's reactions it seems to me they either love it or hate it. There is no in between. I am kinda interested to see what my reaction is lol

I recommend just waiting till it hits TV in the future to be honest. The main cast didn't gel well at all in my opinion, Kate Mckinnon's character being by far the worst. The jokes fell flat, the whole dumb secretary schtick with Chris Helmsworth's character got pretty tiresome pretty fast, the ghosts looked like shitty "haunted mansion" CGI effects, and having pretty much the entire male cast either being dumb as bricks, or total utter shitbags had me rolling my eyes throughout. The film doesn't flow well at all unlike the original film's brisk and well throught out pacing, and the villian is so underdeveloped and forgettable. Even Vigo, from the universally dissapointing second ghostbusters film was more of a threat than this guy, and he was a fucking static painting for the majority of that film! The final battle in the new film is one of the worst bookends to a film I've seen in a while.

EDIT: Oh yeah, and they just outright kill ghosts off instead of capturing them, which defeats the whole point of the ghostbusters!

i likey that wonder woman trailer :>

and its sunday here and im doing alright \o/ both of my dogs are sleeping besides me and i've got food and im gonna chill and pick a manga to read or something

:)

Nudull

Banned
What kind of novel?

Garages I'll forgive you for picking Callie... this time

Something I want to do for NaNoWriMo when it eventually comes for my soul. I have a sci-fi espionage idea and a dark fantasy idea that are both fighting for my attention. @_@

I recommend just waiting till it hits TV in the future to be honest. The main cast didn't gel well at all in my opinion, Kate Mckinnon's character being by far the worst. The jokes fell flat, the whole dumb secretary schtick with Chris Helmsworth's character got pretty tiresome pretty fast, the ghosts looked like shitty "haunted mansion" CGI effects, and have pretty much the entire male cast either being dumb as bricks, or total utter shitbags had me rolling my eyes throughout. The film doesn't flow well at all unlike the original film's brisk and well throught out pacing, and the villian is so underdeveloped and forgettable. Even Vigo, from the universally dissapointing second ghostbusters film was more of a threat than this guy, and he was a fucking static painting for the majority of that film! The final battle in the new film is one of the worst bookends to a film I've seen in a while.

EDIT: Oh yeah, and they just outright kill ghosts off instead of capturing them, which defeats the whole point of the ghostbusters!

I personally was more positive about it, but in general, it was a harmless film. Nothing really mindblowing, and a lot of your enjoyment is going to depend on how much you enjoy Paul Feig's style of comedy.

The Phantom Detective

This is reminding me that I don't really see Korean films all that often. I should get to changing that. :eek:

nunu! are you doing nano this year : D

and i think i'll wait for ghostbusters on rentals

i love korean movies. will check this one out, thanks morri~

Samimista

The Phantom Detective

Totally agree with you, my friend. I especially love Korean movies like Always and The Miracle Cell in No. 7. I feel like Korean cinema captures the essence of human nature better than Hollywood.

As for The Phantom Detective, haven't seen it, but I'll check it out during the week. Did watch the trailer in that link and it looks really fun.

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
How do you find Bloodborne PVP? I did some around Nightmare Frontier initially, but I found the ease of healing and the need to farm vials to be deal breaking. You'd battle someone -- and whoever runs out of vials first loses -- And then you get to go farm more vials. Yay.
Yeah that was a dealbreaker for me too. I didn't really ran out of vials/bullets (it's easy enough to accumulate enough echoes to max out your 600 storage capacity), but you still need to suicide and/or use the lamp and warp back to refill them, and that's at least one loading screen, if not two. Super annoying, so I rarely bothered with it.

Too bad though 'cause it was fun. :(

I watch lot of Korean movies, especially thrillers! There have been so many great ones, I feel bad for people who don't have these on their radar or just won't watch them for whatever reason. They have a great movie business there.
Nice. Last year I really enjoyed Assassination, probably the best movie I saw at Fantasia last year (and of course they showed it near the end of the festival, after the public voting deadline, which meant I couldn't vote for it as Best Film... grrr -_-.

Media

I recommend just waiting till it hits TV in the future to be honest. The main cast didn't gel well at all in my opinion, Kate Mckinnon's character being by far the worst. The jokes fell flat, the whole dumb secretary schtick with Chris Helmsworth's character got pretty tiresome pretty fast, the ghosts looked like shitty "haunted mansion" CGI effects, and having pretty much the entire male cast either being dumb as bricks, or total utter shitbags had me rolling my eyes throughout. The film doesn't flow well at all unlike the original film's brisk and well throught out pacing, and the villian is so underdeveloped and forgettable. Even Vigo, from the universally dissapointing second ghostbusters film was more of a threat than this guy, and he was a fucking static painting for the majority of that film! The final battle in the new film is one of the worst bookends to a film I've seen in a while.

Yeah I'm likely going to wait until it hits Redbox anyhow, as it costs to much to see movies and I kinda wanna see the new Star Trek more lol

BTW, off topic, but I thought it was 300 posts and you weren't a junior anymore? I want that sweet member tag :(

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl
Yeah I'm likely going to wait until it hits Redbox anyhow, as it costs to much to see movies and I kinda wanna see the new Star Trek more lol

BTW, off topic, but I thought it was 300 posts and you weren't a junior anymore? I want that sweet member tag :(

Think it's 3 months too.

Nudull

Banned
nunu! are you doing nano this year : D

and i think i'll wait for ghostbusters on rentals

i love korean movies. will check this one out, thanks morri~

I am, or at least I plan to. You? :eek:

Do see Star Trek. I liked it, and so did a quite a few others. :) You're into Trek too?

Nice. Last year I really enjoyed Assassination, probably the best movie I saw at Fantasia last year (and of course they showed it near the end of the festival, after the public voting deadline, which meant I couldn't vote for it as Best Film... grrr -_-.

Looked up this movie. Holy crap, I need to watch this. :D

Media

Do see Star Trek. I liked it, and so did a quite a few others. :) You're into Trek too?

Yeah I've been into since I was a sad little girl with a foolish crush on Wesley. I'm terrible.

I like the new movies too. :)

Thanks for the answers guys! Hopefully I hit three months soon :)

Sophia

nunu, this will be my... 3rd year ! :D

JOIN US~ WE ARE GOING TO SUFFER DELICIOUSLY FOR A WHOLE MONTH. TOGETHER.

I always tell myself I'm gonna write something for NaNo, but then I lose motivation in the process of writing it.

Also um.... hello everyone. A spider dragged me here. >.>

Misha

Banned
nunu, this will be my... 3rd year ! :D

JOIN US~ WE ARE GOING TO SUFFER DELICIOUSLY FOR A WHOLE MONTH. TOGETHER.

Do you (or anyone else) have any suggesting for tools for developing plot and stuff? I'm more interested in it for comics and games but it should work the same id imagine.

I'm doing an episodic game and have come up for plots for a bunch of side episodes but just can't seem to nail down the main plot to tie it together

Nudull

Banned
I always tell myself I'm gonna write something for NaNo, but then I lose motivation in the process of writing it.

Hey there Sophia! I remember you from Gafia. :) I hope we can be friends and all.

Did you ever get that PM I sent a while ago?

suzu

Most of the Korean movies I have watched were action/thrillers. Good stuff.

Going to check out Stranger Things on Netflix in a bit since everyone's buzzing about how great it is.

Jobbs

Banned
Yeah that was a dealbreaker for me too. I didn't really ran out of vials/bullets (it's easy enough to accumulate enough echoes to max out your 600 storage capacity), but you still need to suicide and/or use the lamp and warp back to refill them, and that's at least one loading screen, if not two. Super annoying, so I rarely bothered with it.

Too bad though 'cause it was fun. :(

I love that one!

also really liked The Man From Nowhere (it's a bit corny, but I love that stuff), Mother, Bedevilled, Girl At My Door -- That's just off the top of my head. I've also watched a lot of mid tier ones that I enjoyed despite not being great (Commitment is one like that).

Most of the Korean movies I have watched were action/thrillers. Good stuff.

Going to check out Stranger Things on Netflix in a bit since everyone's buzzing about how great it is.

I BURNED through those 8 episodes. The best time I've had watching a show in years. Maybe ever.

Sophia

Hey there Sophia! I remember you from Gafia. :) I hope we can be friends and all.

Did you ever get that PM I sent a while ago?

You sent me a PM? o.o;

*checks*

Eek, sorry. D:

I see it now. I wonder how it got lost in my inbox...?

Ynnny's mentioned this thread a few times, so I figured I'd subscribe and see what's going on. :D

I've always been interested in NaNo but never participated.

It's pretty fun, but it basically requires you to write and enjoy yourself instead of trying to be too serious with it. Unless you're really talented of a writer, of course.

How did your previous two years go?

i winned them \o/

SOPHSOPH <3 JOIN ME IN NANO TOO~ YOU~ <33333

Do you (or anyone else) have any suggesting for tools for developing plot and stuff? I'm more interested in it for comics and games but it should work the same id imagine.

I'm doing an episodic game and have come up for plots for a bunch of side episodes but just can't seem to nail down the main plot to tie it together

i use scrivener! it helps : D... for writing... and designing chapters and stuff...

not sure about developing plot though. that sounds difficult. i usually just go and plunge and write what i thought would make sense only later to reread and BLERGH at my own writing. then i fixfixfix.

I've always been interested in NaNo but never participated.

JOIN US~ it is a pain that is ABSOLUTELY wonderful to SHARE :>

Nudull

Banned
You sent me a PM? o.o;

*checks*

Eek, sorry. D:

I see it now. I wonder how it got lost in my inbox...?

Ynnny's mentioned this thread a few times, so I figured I'd subscribe and see what's going on. :D

Glad you found us, then! It'll be nice to talk about NaNo with other folks.

I really like your avatar, btw. ^_^ Nice to meet other Persona fans.

i winned them \o/

i use scrivener! it helps : D... for writing... and designing chapters and stuff...

not sure about developing plot though. that sounds difficult. i usually just go and plunge and write what i thought would make sense only later to reread and BLERGH at my own writing. then i fixfixfix.

JOIN US~ it is a pain that is ABSOLUTELY wonderful to SHARE :>

At this point, we may as well form a NaNo GirlGAF group, haha.

Scrivener's that good? I've been mostly coasting on Word with my notebook, but I've also started using Evernote (mostly to gather random thoughts and notes a little easier.)

I adore you all, by the way, and I'm always sorry for being a pain in the ass.

Just FYI.

You're fine, hon. *hugs!*

leelee is awesome :>

nunu, scrivener works great for me cuz i can literally pick up a chapter and plop it elsewhere in the timeline of the plot when i am rearranging / replotting :>

Misha

Banned

Good to hear that its useful. That's one I was looking at. Just downloaded so ill see :)

Yeah that's normally what I do but you can't quite do it that way with a game, especially an episodic one. Works with art and works with writing but doesn't so much work on projects like both where you need some cohesiveness of the overall thing

Sophia

I guess I'll see how busy I am when the time comes. Could be really busy in November. D:

Glad you found us, then! It'll be nice to talk about NaNo with other folks.

I really like your avatar, btw. ^_^ Nice to meet other Persona fans.

We should have a Persona themed Mafia game ready next season. >.>

Aw, too bad. I asked someone about it, and she said it was silly fun about on par with the original, which isn't exactly high art or anything. But your writeup makes a lot of sense.

I actually just came back from the theater having seen it. I don't think I'd say it's on par with the original, but it's by no means a bad movie. The humor tends to be hit or miss tho. I enjoyed it. <3

Nudull

Banned
We should have a Persona themed Mafia game ready next season. >.>

My first experience with Gafia didn't turn out too well (I was in the Bloodborne game, which had certain issues, plus I was feeling a little isolated at the time). I am curious about a Persona Mafia, though.

I actually just came back from the theater having seen it. I don't think I'd say it's on par with the original, but it's by no means a bad movie. The humor tends to be hit or miss tho. I enjoyed it. <3

Which of us has seen it, at this point? Seems you're the only one besides me who enjoyed it. o.o

Media

Aw, too bad. I asked someone about it, and she said it was silly fun about on par with the original, which isn't exactly high art or anything. But your writeup makes a lot of sense.

Here, I fixed that for you. XD

NaNo is about word count, right? I've never had the motivation to buckle down and write anything, and now I'm out of practice.

Haha! Yeah, I tend to just go with stuff. I don't look for the new movies to be of the same caliber as the old stuff, but they are fun, sorta brainless entertainment :)

I've tried NaNo a couple of times and never made it. I lack the willpower.

My first experience with Gafia didn't turn out too well (I was in the Bloodborne game, which had certain issues, plus I was feeling a little isolated at the time). I am curious about a Persona Mafia, though.

awwww nunu :<

bloodborne did have issues :< so sorry you didn't have a grand time :<

PM me if you have anything we can improve on? would love you to come back to GAFia :>

(also wee)

Sibylus

Banned
Nano is something I would love to do but don't know if I have the focus/physical stamina to make it work (chronic arm pain).

e: also right before uni exams...

Misha

Banned
November is consistently depression month for me so I never have even been solid enough at the start to even try

---
so scrivener appears to be a file system more or less. Seems useful. I think I'll either buy it eventually or just make my own (depends on the amount of tools available vs the amount I wish were available)

Ceallach

Smells like fresh rosebuds
I actually really enjoyed Ghostbusters. But I can see how not everyone would enjoy it. I also don't have a huge reverence for the franchise. My daughter and I are really enjoying the new game though.

The movie I am really looking forward to is Bad Moms next week.

Oh I got one of those.
zSbaxX5l.jpg

ooooooh fuck you!!!! that's the one I wanted :p

I got the EVGA. Have you tried overclocking with yours yet? What were your results?

Top Bottom