• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GirlGAF |OT 2| Shall I Compare Thee to a Summer's Eve?

Nudull

Banned
I don't post pictures here anymore. I used to post them by the truckload.

Someone once posted in the confession thread about driving past my house when I was a teenager living with my parents, back when I wasn't as cautious as I am now. You simply never know who's reading your posts and unfortunately there is a particularly seedy underbelly to this site.

Holy shit. I can't even imagine.

*hugs* We're all here for each other.

Holy shit. I can't even imagine.

*hugs* We're all here for each other.

Yeah! I really wish the community situation were better for female gamers. I would like, at some point soon to be able to work on games myself and it's kind of scary to look at the way female journalists and devs have been treated, and then to post pictures or really be involved in anyway and think it wouldn't come back to bite me.

It's the kind of thing that even makes me not want to vlog or stream anything. I've been on and seen some really locked down forums and such, but I'm not sure anything like that would actually be of help in the long term. It would really be magical to see a place that fosters a sense of community and safety among female gamers. Actually seeing that we aren't some tiny minority of voices would go a long way.

On another note that Justice League picture is pretty embarrassing. I'm probably a bigger champion for the new Flash than most but everyone looks a mess and nothing is defensible.

So I purchased some new clothing, all the same size item in different brands. I wind up with: 2 fit great according to my measurements. 1 technically fits them, but doesn't quite work with my body shape. 2 are rather too big. 1 is insanely too small.

I hate shopping!

Did you order online, or do you just not like trying things on in-store?

I suck at fashion but clothing is the one thing I feel like I have to try on before I buy it.

Leeness

no worries dude. i'm sorry this has happened to you. imo this topic should be a space where you can share such stuff.

that said, this is why i only post pictures of my dog on GAF

Nothing has happened to me. That's why I'm apologizing. I managed to bring this topic in here without ever experiencing such things and bringing everyone down. :/

olympia

Nothing has happened to me. That's why I'm apologizing. I managed to bring this topic in here without ever experiencing such things and bringing everyone down. :/

oh crud, sorry! I misread the thread. been cleaning the house for today and intermittently refreshing.

Misha

Banned
Yeah! I really wish the community situation were better for female gamers. I would like, at some point soon to be able to work on games myself and it's kind of scary to look at the way female journalists and devs have been treated, and then to post pictures or really be involved in anyway and think it wouldn't come back to bite me.

It's the kind of thing that even makes me not want to vlog or stream anything. I've been on and seen some really locked down forums and such, but I'm not sure anything like that would actually be of help in the long term. It would really be magical to see a place that fosters a sense of community and safety among female gamers. Actually seeing that we aren't some tiny minority of voices would go a long way.

On another note that Justice League picture is pretty embarrassing. I'm probably a bigger champion for the new Flash than most but everyone looks a mess and nothing is defensible.

Either it stays small enough that it just might as well be a Skype/discord group or eventually someone undesirable will ruin it for everyone. You just can't vet everyone and bring in a lot of other people unfortunately.

Ive been working on getting into game dev tho and I've considered the idea of just going by a pseudonym but I think I've decided id rather not. Even if it hurts being a voice out there will make it easier for the next person to do the same.

Media

Either it stays small enough that it just might as well be a Skype/discord group or eventually someone undesirable will ruin it for everyone. You just can't vet everyone and bring in a lot of other people unfortunately.

Ive been working on getting into game dev tho and I've considered the idea of just going by a pseudonym but I think I've decided id rather not. Even if it hurts being a voice out there will make it easier for the next person to do the same.

That's a really good sentiment.

I've avoided, erm...gendering myself since I got this account for the same reasons everyone has stated. But you are right, our voices need to be heard. It makes me wonder how many women actually post here and pretend to be not.

On a lighter note, the Wonder Woman trailer dropped.

http://m.neogaf.com/showthread.php?t=1251507

I am not a huge DC fan, but I've always had a soft spot for Diana, so I'll likely go see it. Please give her substance. The trailer is very visually pleasing, but I've been burnt before so I'm trying not to get my hopes up too much lol

Me too. It feels good to know we got each others back. :3

kanedanielbryanhug.gif

No bear gif this time.

Jobbs

Banned
He had extra toothbrushes. :)

When did you grow another baby (your avatar)?

Hahaha.

It used to just be a ghost, because I am making a game about a ghost. Lili has has made a number of changes to it corresponding to jokes/references/current events and I keep going along with it because I'm enjoying the ridiculousness.

Which reminds me, last night I got puked on, so here we are

Misha

Banned
That's a really good sentiment.

I've avoided, erm...gendering myself since I got this account for the same reasons everyone has stated. But you are right, our voices need to be heard. It makes me wonder how many women actually post here and pretend to be not.

On a lighter note, the Wonder Woman trailer dropped.

http://m.neogaf.com/showthread.php?t=1251507

I am not a huge DC fan, but I've always had a soft spot for Diana, so I'll likely go see it. Please give her substance. The trailer is very visually pleasing, but I've been burnt before so I'm trying not to get my hopes up too much lol

I actually chose this name on a different site cause its technically gender neutral but ever since I made friends there I've been more straight forward.

As someone who's currently reading 3 different wonder woman comics and has (a version of) her as an avatar(and wants to Cosplay that version :D) I'm pretty excited for the movie :D
Been avoiding reactions though considering how hard people have been on wb(well Snyder) and gal gadot. Looks amazing though. I can't remember the last time I've seen a movie where the protagonist was a woman and they had that strong of action sequences. Seems to be fairly faithful with actually keeping her personally and not making her generic female #2 which often happens with her unfortunately.

And to anyone wanting a quick look into her before the movie id recommend "The Legend of Wonder Woman', which covers the origin also and was recommended to me previously by Pau and some others in comicGAF

Oh okay. I sometimes read Lili's name as IllinThePale.

I picked this name because Janelle Monae rocks and when googling Cindi Mayweather all you'll get in your results is Janelle Monae related album analysis.

Jobbs

Banned
Oh okay. I sometimes read Lili's name as IllinThePale.

I picked this name because Janelle Monae rocks and when googling Cindi Mayweather all you'll get in your results is Janelle Monae related album analysis.

Illinthepale. Haha I kinda like it. =] + Janelle Monae is awesome!! ♥

Jobbs

Banned
Goddammit

Since you're badass at Souls 3 -- I was wondering if you ever played Bloodborne? I'm playing right now for some reason (after not playing in a long time). I was trying to get through the DLC but I couldn't really remember how anything worked and was getting destroyed, so I started anew.

I just first tried the Cleric Beast.. Just barely. phew!

I want that Ludwig sword but I can't remember where it is. :eek:

Today's the last Splatfest! Team Marie!

Ah shit I forgot about that. I'll need to dig the Wii U out of the box its in and log in and see what's going on.

Nudull

Banned
Since you're badass at Souls 3 -- I was wondering if you ever played Bloodborne? I'm playing right now for some reason (after not playing in a long time). I was trying to get through the DLC but I couldn't really remember how anything worked and was getting destroyed, so I started anew.

I just first tried the Cleric Beast.. Just barely. phew!

I want that Ludwig sword but I can't remember where it is. :eek:

No way, I started playing Bloodborne too. :)

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
Since you're badass at Souls 3 -- I was wondering if you ever played Bloodborne?
I don't know that I'm badass at anything, but of course I played Bloodborne haha. I played every Souls game several times over with various characters.

The Ludwig sword can be found after you kill BSB,
up in the Healing Church Workshop there is a chest with the badge that lets you buy it from the messengers bath

Kinsei

Banned
Lightning struck the local substation and now I'm sitting here in the dark going crazy. Bah.

How's everyone else's Saturday going?

Jobbs

Banned
No way, I started playing Bloodborne too. :)

spoooooky :O I think this game has the hardest first boss of any game I can think of. Whether you go Cleric Beast or Father Gascoigne first, either one is hard as nails if you're new or unpracticed.

I don't know that I'm badass at anything, but of course I played Bloodborne haha. I played every Souls game several times over with various characters.

The Ludwig sword can be found after you kill BSB,
up in the Healing Church Workshop there is a chest with the badge that lets you buy it from the messengers bath

I saw your PVP videos and the one where you mowed down those 3 dudes at once. :D

I'm doing a strength build, I wanted to focus on kirkhammer but I'm finding it hard to use, so I was thinking of getting the sword. My original character was bloodtinged and kinda gimpy for that reason (I didn't know better, I just like picking a non "regular fighter" type starting character in these games and it didn't occur to me that bloodtinged would be incredibly niche and only situationally useful).

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl
Lightning struck the local substation and now I'm sitting here in the dark going crazy. Bah.

Oh that sucks hopefully the power is back on soon. o/

Going okay friend is finally playing the copy of Undertale I bought them so I'm moderating his stream since I'm the only one whose played it and saw all the content. lol Some people can't help but spoil things so swift with the message deletion and timeouts there.

gaiages

Banned
Today's the last Splatfest! Team Marie!

Ew no you picked the wrong side :p

First time I played Splatoon in months. Had to do my job for Team Callie. Mostly wins, I think I did pretty good :D Most of my losses were in that warehouse stage, I don't think my weapon did good for that one :x

EDIT: Today was the first day in like a week that I didn't go out Pokemon hunting. The heat was making me very tired and I needed a day off =_=. It was nice to relax in this cool cool AC though.

In random news, I'm thinking of talking to my supervisor about taking two hour lunches... so that I can go to the gym during lunch and work out. I miss going to the gym because the heat and no car make it hard to get to (and more importantly getting home), but my gym is pretty close to my work and there's a shower there. :D Also, I think my supervisor will agree because he's a buff dude that loves the gym, so he would prolly support my path to fitness, right? :p Anyone else go to the gym during lunch time? How is it for you?

olympia

i'm sorry dude. what a crazy occurrence.

i'm just hanging out waiting for people to come over. some people are here and we're just watching sdcc trailers and kicking it

Media

I'm procrastinating homework that is due tomorrow night. A whole weeks worth :/

Hope your power comes back on soon!

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
I saw your PVP videos and the one where you mowed down those 3 dudes at once. :D

I'm doing a strength build, I wanted to focus on kirkhammer but I'm finding it hard to use, so I was thinking of getting the sword. My original character was bloodtinged and kinda gimpy for that reason (I didn't know better, I just like picking a non "regular fighter" type starting character in these games and it didn't occur to me that bloodtinged would be incredibly niche and only situationally useful).
Ah yeah that. Well to be fair most invasions aren't like that, and I think I lose most 3v1 but I do win a surprising amount... people are just so bad at PvP I guess. I'm not even that good myself, I consistently lose in 1v1 duels against better players.

Yeah Kirkhammer is a bit hard to use, but it's a great weapon IMO; the sword form is good for quick attacks (and I think the R2 does a thrust attack which is convenient against kin monsters), and the hammer form is good for staggering enemies. For example I found the snatchers (the bag-carrying men) to be really hard without a heavy staggering weapon, but with the hammer I'd just stunlock them to death. Until you get the DLC weapons (like the pizza cutter xD) it's probably the best pure-str weapon.

Ludwig's holy sword is still OP though, but it's a quality build weapon (scales equally with both str and dex), not a pure strength. Still it works well on a strength build too though.

Media

Man, that Ghostbusters film was shit. Friend invited me to see it and paid for the ticket. I feel kind of sorry he wasted his money on getting me a ticket now!

From people's reactions it seems to me they either love it or hate it. There is no in between. I am kinda interested to see what my reaction is lol

Top Bottom