• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GirlGAF |OT 2| Shall I Compare Thee to a Summer's Eve?

Ekai

It's pretty fun, but it basically requires you to write and enjoy yourself instead of trying to be too serious with it. Unless you're really talented of a writer, of course.

I used to be a more disciplined writer but I ended up feeling discouraged due to little constructive response. I feel like I did well. But never really got confirmation one way or the other. I wrote some short-stories and had plans for others but haven't really attempted to do so in a while. It might help with my stress, who knows.

JOIN US~ it is a pain that is ABSOLUTELY wonderful to SHARE :>

I could try! ^.^ Though I'm not sure what I would write on. It's been a while since I've written anything creatively. But that's the fun of creative writing, it can just kinda happen.

I used to be a more disciplined writer but I ended up feeling discouraged due to little constructive response. I feel like I did well. But never really got confirmation one way or the other. I wrote some short-stories and had plans for others but haven't really attempted to do so in a while. It might help with my stress, who knows.

I could try! ^.^ Though I'm not sure what I would write on. It's been a while since I've written anything creatively. But that's the fun of creative writing, it can just kinda happen.

you have a few months to plan ! from now until november :>

try! nothing to lose :> even if you didn't write 50k, you probably would have gone through NaNo having written SOMETHING. and the practise is good. plus you never know it might lead elsewhere ... like i've had pieces of writings i did for nano that were sparks of something else entirely later :D

Pau

My first experience with Gafia didn't turn out too well (I was in the Bloodborne game, which had certain issues, plus I was feeling a little isolated at the time). I am curious about a Persona Mafia, though.
Sorry to hear that. :( I'm too sensitive for GAF Mafia. I don't find having someone call me an idiot fun.

Nudull

Banned

try! nothing to lose :> even if you didn't write 50k, you probably would have gone through NaNo having written SOMETHING. and the practise is good. plus you never know it might lead elsewhere ... like i've had pieces of writings i did for nano that were sparks of something else entirely later :D

I've seen others turn their work into novels outright. I'd like to do the same, but I'm trying to figure if my weird ideas will make enough material for one. That's not even accounting my own willpower and skill. o.o

Sorry to hear that. :( I'm too sensitive for GAF Mafia. I don't find having someone call me an idiot fun.

pauuuu

we miss you though

and no one ever called me an idiot in the games so far (i've played 2)

.___.

but i know you had such a rough time in danganronpa. im sorry for that .___.

Misha

Banned
in the span that we've been talking about this I downloaded scrivener and have started to lay out information about characters and settings. all it takes is just sitting down and starting!

Pau

pauuuu

we miss you though

and no one ever called me an idiot in the games so far (i've played 2)

.___.

but i know you had such a rough time in danganronpa. im sorry for that .___.
I'm glad you haven't had any issues. I like interacting with the community on Discord but even looking at the current review thread I'm definitely one of the "thin skinned" players that aren't wanted by some of the players.

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl
ooooooh fuck you!!!! that's the one I wanted :p

I got the EVGA. Have you tried overclocking with yours yet? What were your results?

Actually I haven't had too since I still got a 1080p monitor I've just been downsampling from 1440p with all the games so far, but I might just need a more intensive game to try. I thought Wolfenstein: The New Order would be that since it ran like butts on my 760 but I can run that just fine with downsampling and the console commands to add AA and AF. I got DOOM but I know the 1080 can steam roll that game so do you have any suggestions on the testing front?

Seems aggressiveness has been an issue, not to mention pronouns.

I'm glad you haven't had any issues. I like interacting with the community on Discord but even looking at the current review thread I'm definitely one of the "thin skinned" players that aren't wanted by some of the players.

we're sorting it out!

(hopefully)

but i understand where the two of you are coming from. to be honest, i told them in the review thread that i dont feel like i wanna be a part of a community that would tolerate mean-spirited behaviours as part of the norm. so i hope they'll shape up.

mafia is a game of deception and flinging accusations but i think we should be able to play the game with a degree of adult civility.

those players who doesnt want to ....accommodate others that are different than them will need to reevaluate their own behaviours, instead of making some players feel they are not wanted because they are "thin-skinned", imo

so, yes. i understand nunu and pau, i just wanna say that i wish i can play with the two of you (and more girls). and the fact that the current community's standard is not as welcoming to everyone is something we are working on.

Pau

I can knock some more heads together on your behalf? I am only seldom thin skinned. I mean, they clearly got even to me, but well, they'll learn or die. I'm afraid I've made rather a career of convincing idiots that they'd rather do what I say than deal with me on the regular if they don't.
Haha thanks for the offer. I think we can make the all fun no meanness Discworld game instead though!

we're sorting it out!

(hopefully)

but i understand where the two of you are coming from. to be honest, i told them in the review thread that i dont feel like i wanna be a part of a community that would tolerate mean-spirited behaviours as part of the norm. so i hope they'll shape up.

mafia is a game of deception and flinging accusations but i think we should be able to play the game with a degree of adult civility.

those players who doesnt want to ....accommodate others that are different than them will need to reevaluate their own behaviours, instead of making some players feel they are not wanted because they are "thin-skinned", imo

so, yes. i understand nunu and pau, i just wanna say that i wish i can play with the two of you (and more girls). and the fact that the current community's standard is not as welcoming to everyone is something we are working on.
I think at the end of the day the people who are into that play-style are closer to the community and more invested than I'll ever be so honestly it's kind of like I don't want to take that away from them?

Ekai

I like your way of looking at it! ^.^ I'll try to do what I can.

in the span that we've been talking about this I downloaded scrivener and have started to lay out information about characters and settings. all it takes is just sitting down and starting!

Oh, what's scrivener?

Haha thanks for the offer. I think we can make the all fun no meanness Discworld game instead though!

I think at the end of the day the people who are into that play-style are closer to the community and more invested than I'll ever be so honestly it's kind of like I don't want to take that away from them?

idonno pau :< im not convinced that's the path that i wanna look at it from

im not aggressive, personally, but i am very close to the community. so i dont think a different playstyle will take away something from 'them'

the more variety, the better. if we dont cater to those that play differently than us, then we will devolve into an unchecked one-tonal playstyle that caters to only a specific inner-circle group, which probably would not be accessible to any new comer at all in the long run.

which would be very bad.

Nudull

Banned

I've been feeling the same. The mix of overly aggressive competition within a community usually brings a certain level of discomfort with me. It wouldn't have been so bad if I had gotten to know the others better (though the Discord chat didn't seem very friendly, the first two times I peeked in, and my few attempts at PMing other members instead didn't go so well either) and everyone was on the level with respecting how others presented their gender. The whole thing felt awkward, and I'm not really sure how the Bloodborne group felt about me.

Actually I haven't had too since I still got a 1080p monitor I've just been downsampling from 1440p with all the games so far, but I might just need a more intensive game to try. I thought Wolfenstein: The New Order would be that since it ran like butts on my 760 but I can run that just fine with downsampling and the console commands to add AA and AF. I got DOOM but I know the 1080 can steam roll that game so do you have any suggestions on the testing front?

I'm just curious where you get a stable overclock.

You can try Heaven Benchmark with everything max.

Crysis 3 is a bad game but it still chews up GPUs. Witcher 3 might be a good one to try.

Pau

I've been feeling the same. The mix of overly aggressive competition within a community usually brings a certain level of discomfort with me. It wouldn't have been so bad if I had gotten to know the others better (though the Discord chat didn't seem very friendly, the first two times I peeked in, and my few attempts at PMing other members instead didn't go so well either) and everyone was on the level with respecting how others presented their gender. The whole thing felt awkward, and I'm not really sure how the Bloodborne group felt about me.
Yeah I think it's just one of those things where it's an already established group of friends and that can be hard even without the agressivenesss of the game. I haven't had problems in the social chat but I just go in once and a while and poke fun at Kark. It's more of his community so I also try to let him have his own things where it's not like: "Oh my god why does my girlfriend always have to be here too!" (I know he doesn't think of it like that but still! :p)

I turn 23 at midnight. Its 11:47 right now.

ahhhhhhhhhhhhh *O*

OMG

HAPPY (early) BIRTHDAY!!!

QTSnOwO.gif

Omg thanks guys ;____;

Kisaya and her boyfriend took me out to dinner and drinks. It meant so much to me considering my own family hadnt really reached out to me about my birthday and I dont have any family in Chicago either. Im also super introvertive so I dont have a lot of friends :< I wanted to weep out of happiness at dinner tbh. Literally the sweetest thing ever. I was all sad about my birthday the day before too but tonight really made me happy. Im grateful beyond belief.

Nudull

Banned
I turned 22 last month. The joys of adulthood. :p

Also, I really should go and watch Stranger Things. Haven't gotten to binge a show since Daredevil S2, and I'm a sucker for creepy stuff. and Winona Ryder.

Yeah, sorry about that. (But you did win! Let the smugness of coming out on top soothe your pain).

I had thought my previous verbal abuse of the group had corrected the worst of the problems, or I wouldn't have recommended it. I have stepped up my verbal abuse since they apparently need another round with a pissed off Wee. Anything you'd like me to say on your behalf, let me know. (Did you check me N2? You played your role really well imo, sorry for being on the other side xD)

Sorry I didn't catch this earlier. Forgive me. ^ ^;

You were definitely on a shortlist of people I planned on checking from the get-go. I actually had a good plan going for myself before...well, you know. :p

Omg thanks guys ;____;

Kisaya and her boyfriend took me out to dinner and drinks. It meant so much to me considering my own family hadnt really reached out to me about my birthday and I dont have any family in Chicago either. Im also super introvertive so I dont have a lot of friends :< I wanted to weep out of happiness at dinner tbh. Literally the sweetest thing ever. I was all sad about my birthday the day before too but tonight really made me happy. Im grateful beyond belief.

That was so cool of them. :)

Leeness

Happy Birthday!

I'm 31, get me my Metamucil

29 in a couple months, drinking my Metamucil as we speak.

I still have the face of a baby, people at work were teasing me yesterday that "if you walked in with a backpack asking for your dad, I wouldn't question you", "if you told me you were 17, I'd believe you". Sigh. I'll never look like anything but a child.

Turns out that Dark Souls 3 is pretty good for testing overclocks for some reason, graphical artifacts show up pretty fast there.

Subnautica on the Oculus worked great for me too, but I dunno how it does without an Oculus and you don't have it anyway.

Top Bottom