• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GirlGAF |OT 2| Shall I Compare Thee to a Summer's Eve?

Well I play Hatsune Miku Project Diva Future Tone and plan to get that DJ Max PS4 game when I can! Love some nice challenging Rhythm games even if I'm not awesome at them.
Love playing this song: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=is0yVk76eHY
Just because cats.

I'm not the best at them either, but I've loved them since I was really young. I'm pretty excited to give the Project Diva X demo a go, hopefully I'll be into it and want to pick up the game at the end of next month.

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl
I'm not the best at them either, but I've loved them since I was really young. I'm pretty excited to give the Project Diva X demo a go, hopefully I'll be into it and want to pick up the game at the end of next month.

If you're into challenges like me give Future Tone a try too it's a bit harder than the other console/handheld iterations since it's based off the Arcade machine. There is a demo on the JP store if you want to give it a test run with two songs!

If you're into challenges like me give Future Tone a try too it's a bit harder than the other console/handheld iterations since it's based off the Arcade machine. There is a demo on the JP store if you want to give it a test run with two songs!

Future Tone looks really cute! I basically choose which Project Diva games to pay attention to based on adorableness and the song list

Misha

Banned
So after the whole killing joke thing we're getting a judas contract movie

burn it all down!

For those unsure of what that is it's a plot from teen titans
where a character named terra (earth powers hence name) joins the Titans and makes friends and all and turns out to be a plant to destroy them from within in collaboration with death stroke (a mercenary)

So that doesn't sound bad and it's not since it was handled well in the show. Well the issue in the comics is that terra is 16 and she has a sexual relationship with death stroke who is much older and from everything I've heard it's quite creepy

Ekai

I always thought Pokemon Puzzle League was cute and challenging. Especially on the super hard difficulty for regular play and also that neat 3d mode.

burn it all down!

where a character named terra (earth powers hence name) joins the Titans and makes friends and all and turns out to be a plant to destroy them from within in collaboration with death stroke (a mercenary)

So that doesn't sound bad and it's not since it was handled well in the show. Well the issue in the comics is that terra is 16 and she has a sexual relationship with death stroke who is much older and from everything I've heard it's quite creepy
My hopes are rock bottom for this to be good. At least the TT cartoon did it well enough.

olympia

burn it all down!

no thank you

Nudull

Banned
My hopes are rock bottom for this to be good. At least the TT cartoon did it well enough.

Yeah, thankfully the cartoon didn't go with the grosser parts of that storyline (not that it stopped some parts of the fandom, unfortunately >.>). I don't expect current DC to be anywhere near as wise.

Ceallach

Smells like fresh rosebuds
Yeah, thankfully the cartoon didn't go with the grosser parts of that storyline (not that it stopped some parts of the fandom, unfortunately >.>). I don't expect current DC to be anywhere near as wise.
Especially considering when it went into production DC was deep in their no fun allowed phase.

Misha

Banned
I mentioned it before but I really really liked how the cartoon handled it and after watching that I was hoping to read some good Terra comics. Nope.

Pau

I always thought Pokemon Puzzle League was cute and challenging. Especially on the super hard difficulty for regular play and also that neat 3d mode.
Love, love Pokémon Puzzle League. I got Planet Puzzle League for the NDS but it didn't have the 3D mode. I know it was hard to program AI for it and on the N64 it would lag if you went too fast. But so good. Not just the gameplay though. I still love the music and the sound bites of the characters and Pokémon.

so did anyone here end up seeing star trek? what did you guys think?
I want to! I'll probably see it this Friday.

Jobbs

Banned
so did anyone here end up seeing star trek? what did you guys think?

Saw it last night.

About on par with 2009. Better than Into Garbage.

I'm probably not the best one to ask since I think all of them are sacrilege; movies that co-opt only the most familiar things about Star Trek to make serviceable action movies that don't contain any of the actual soul of Star Trek or understand what it's really about ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
Saw it last night.

I'm probably not the best one to ask since I think all of them are sacrilege; movies that co-opt only the most familiar things about Star Trek to make serviceable action movies that don't contain any of the actual soul of Star Trek or understand what it's really about ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Yet you still paid money to go out and see it? :p

My sister invited me to go see Lights Out tonight with her friend. But it's at 10:30 and I gotta work tomorrow ;___;

I'll probably still do it but tomorrow is gonna be hell

Pau

Saw it last night.

Now you know how I feel about Batman films. :p

Jobbs

Banned
Sounds to me like you ARE the best one to ask. Now tell me what you think about SW Ep1&2

Unfit to be called movies since they don't demonstrate use of even the most elemental aspects of the language of cinema. Characters we don't care about or relate to sit on couches and say things that make no sense in between video game cartoon fights. A farce.

Pau

I'm so sorry Pau. If it makes you feel better I don't like any of the Batman movies either --- except BvS :)
I'll only feel better once you read the comics and come back and tell me that Bruce's children are the best ever. :p

In other news, I hate measuring myself for online shopping. Hopefully this helps me get started on my Wanda cosplay though. :c

Jobbs

Banned
I'll only feel better once you read the comics and come back and tell me that Bruce's children are the best ever. :p

In other news, I hate measuring myself for online shopping. Hopefully this helps me get started on my Wanda cosplay though. :c

haha the whipcracking

I'll have it done soon! :D

hope I get a chance to see that cosplay if you do it!

Hey everyone!

I want to learn to cook. :(

I get really antsy and paranoid about things like proportions and food safety ("Did I cook it enough!?") and it makes cooking a nightmarishly nerve wracking experience. My fear of screwing up something that takes so much time and effort to do turns me away from cooking as often as I'd like.

I need to save money and I wish I could surprise my s/o with yummy food things but more often than not he's the one doing the cooking.

Does anyone have any tips on how not to be a nervous wreck in the kitchen?

It just blows my mind looking at what the finished dish looks on the recipe while standing in front of a bunch of raw ingredients. Shit seems like alchemy to me! Haha

Media

It just blows my mind looking at what the finished dish looks on the recipe while standing in front of a bunch of raw ingredients. Shit seems like alchemy to me! Haha

Keep in mind only perfect pictures end up illustrating the dish. Your attempts will look nothing like that until you perfect the dish, but will likely taste just as yummy :)

gaiages

Banned

burn it all down!

Lol I was like "Oh I saw the Teen Titans show I don't think it was that bad--oh. Oh. Oh..."

GG DC

Ceallach

It baffles me how Jobbs likes the single worst movie with Batman in it, the one that destroys a very basic tenement of his character
also why Jobbs thinks he is a girl
jk

Anyways. Major group therapy this week. Got into it heavy with dudes trying to tell me I have problems because I'm not fulfilling the role of a woman, that I need a man, that I'm fighting my nature. IN. FURIATING.

None of that is coming from the staff btw, but they let patients argue it out on the pretense of showing everyone different pov thought processes

Pau

Anyways. Major group therapy this week. Got into it heavy with dudes trying to tell me I have problems because I'm not fulfilling the role of a woman, that I need a man, that I'm fighting my nature. IN. FURIATING.

None of that is coming from the staff btw, but they let patients argue it out on the pretense of showing everyone different pov thought processes
wow wow wow

That doesn't sound helpful but then again I'm not a mental health professional.

iirate

It baffles me how Jobbs likes the single worst movie with Batman in it, the one that destroys a very basic tenement of his character
jk

To be fair, I love Batman Returns, and I recognize that everyone in that stupid, stupid movie is their character in name only.

I'm not defending BvS, though. I haven't seen it and am not really interested.

I don't know if I could take any of that in therapy. Is the staff giving their thoughts afterwards? Also, is it just you versus multiple guys? I've only been in group therapy once in my life and there wasn't really any conflict that I remember, so I'm not sure how this is supposed to go, but that sounds beyond infuriating and not helpful at all.

Ceallach

To be fair, I love Batman Returns, and I recognize that everyone in that stupid, stupid movie is their character in name only.

I'm not defending BvS, though. I haven't seen it and am not really interested.

I don't know if I could take any of that in therapy. Is the staff giving their thoughts afterwards? Also, is it just you versus multiple guys? I've only been in group therapy once in my life and there wasn't really any conflict that I remember, so I'm not sure how this is supposed to go, but that sounds beyond infuriating and not helpful at all.
Yeah, it was an exercise in behavioral cognitive therapy. Trying to make the point that people have these inane, built in biases that aren't necessarily good or right. And how they cause massive conflict.

One thing that is important to keep on mind this is therapy for active duty military with combat vets so it is way more intense than typical groups.

Misha

Banned

The staff is still passively endorsing it. That's the kind of abuse that causes people to need therapy

Ceallach

The staff is still passively endorsing it. That's the kind of abuse that causes people to need therapy
That's not true. It isn't being endorsed in any way. They challenged the shit out of everyone's preconceived notions after. It's harsh for a reason. I get that, but it still infuriates me. And it was very constructive tbh.

Misha

Banned
That's not true. It isn't being endorsed in any way. They challenged the shit out of everyone's preconceived notions after. It's harsh for a reason. I get that, but it still infuriates me. And it was very constructive tbh.
Okay I didn't know about that part.

I still think that's not something you should let someone sit through. Letting someone be a punching bag just to give the lesson to the punchers that punching someone is wrong.

Ceallach

Okay I didn't know about that part.

I still think that's not something you should let someone sit through. Letting someone be a punching bag just to give the lesson to the punchers that punching someone is wrong.
I don't think just describing something or discussing it really has as much of an impact. People have to be challenged, examples need to be made, they need to be emotionally invested. Kid gloves don't do anyone any good imo.

But at the same time, everyone in this room is literally battle hardened.

Misha

Banned
I don't think just describing something or discussing it really has as much of an impact. People have to be challenged, examples need to be made, they need to be emotionally invested. Kid gloves don't do anyone any good imo.

But at the same time, everyone in this room is literally battle hardened.
*sigh* I'll stop because it's not going to do anyone good.
If you found it useful then really that's all that matters

Jobbs

Banned
jk

I don't particularly care about strict adherence to comic books because up until recently I've never really read a Batman comic anyway.

I like Batfleck because I think, stylistically, he nails it so well. It's not about any particular detail or piece of trivia, I just like Batfleck because I like Batfleck.

Re. this thread it can be hard to resist because it's the best thread on Neogaf, featuring basically no shitty posts or posters.. I do try to keep in mind whose space it is though

Top Bottom