• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GirlGAF |OT 2| Shall I Compare Thee to a Summer's Eve?

Nudull

Banned
My family pretty much burned every bridge they could the moment I came out (which they forced me into doing, mind you), so...no chances on mending things anytime soon.

Kisaya

My family pretty much burned every bridge they could the moment I came out (which they forced me into doing, mind you), so...no chances on mending things anytime soon.

Yup ✌🏽️ said peace out to my parents two years ago.

Honestly though I've been wanting to reach out to them, despite the fucked up shit they did to me. Every attempt at reconciliation goes bad thou and it's kinda hopeless.

Leeness

:)
It's kinda weird to think of a lack of something being something that you can relate to but it's definitely comforting to hear you're not alone. It's just nice to know that you're not defective :/

That's an increasingly common sentiment in FakeGAF too :p (well minus the girl part)

It definitely is. It's nice to not be alone, and yeah, know that you're not defective (though I still feel that way a lot).

Also, I'm sorry to hear that a lot of you don't have good/any relationships with your families :( I don't know what I'd do without mine--I'd definitely be incredibly lonely...

iirate

Yup ✌��️ said peace out to my parents two years ago.

Honestly though I've been wanting to reach out to them, despite the fucked up shit they did to me. Every attempt at reconciliation goes bad thou and it's kinda hopeless.

*hugs*

I've been relatively lucky regarding family & transition, but my little sister is still struggling with it and is trying to place conditions on our interactions that aren't acceptable to me. We've spoken about it a few times over the last year, and at this point, she's left me little choice but to cut off contact if she(or anyone else) won't respect my identity on my terms.

The issues with her and dealing with other family that isn't used to post-transition me has been extra hard. I'm open about being trans(except at work, that's not a can of worms I want to open), but I pass to strangers and my friends are 100% respectful/supportive, so I haven't had to deal with misgendering or people jumping to conclusions about my transition/identity for years, and suddenly, there's been quite a bit of that in my life.

I ended up losing it at a recent gathering and sobbing in my cousin's bathroom, my sister knows it was about our disagreements, and she still insists I'm not being sensitive to her feelings. She doesn't understand that my identity isn't decided by committee, and that transition is inherently selfish. She doesn't get a say in it, and she won't accept that.

EDIT
It definitely is. It's nice to not be alone, and yeah, know that you're not defective (though I still feel that way a lot).

Also, I'm sorry to hear that a lot of you don't have good/any relationships with your families :( I don't know what I'd do without mine--I'd definitely be incredibly lonely...

My relationship with my mom has been on the mend, and we've been closer than ever recently. Other than that, I built my own family, and have people in my life that aren't related by blood, but I still talk to them every day, share more with them that I can with family, and we've all stuck with and loved each other through some serious shit. I'm a big fan of people choosing their own families when their own biological ones don't quite fit(or worse). My dad was extremely abusive to all of his kids/spouses(and frankly, everyone else), but I keep hearing the rhetoric from my other family members that we have to love him, since we're family. I did love my dad, but I sort of resent myself for it, and I really resent the idea that anyone owes love to their abuser.

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl
My sisters just know and thats it. lol
I haven't had a good relationship with either of my parents growing up but they're better now I'm not sure if that is just being nicer than usual because I don't live in the same city anymore or not though.

Ekai

I hate that coming out often turns into a nightmare for so many. :(

It wasn't for me but so far only my mom, co-workers, doctor and hair stylist know. That's about it. And friends online of course.
Not that it wasn't nerve-wrecking for me. I shook like crazy coming out to anyone period last summer.

ishibear

is a goddamn bear
It wasn't for me but so far only my mom, co-workers, doctor and hair stylist know. That's about it. And friends online of course.
Not that it wasn't nerve-wrecking for me. I shook like crazy coming out to anyone period last summer.

/hugs/ That's good to know. It is so refreshing to hear about parents who are supportive. That's very rare.

What is FakeGaf? How are you fake?

Coming out is stressful and I don't want to think about it. Most people just don't understand bisexuality so I often don't bother. Oh well! Time to get fucked up.

Ekai

/hugs/ That's good to know. It is so refreshing to hear about parents who are supportive. That's very rare.

*huggles*

My mom is super supportive which makes me happy. She's even bought me stuff too like hairbrushes, clothing, etc. etc.

I was concerned she wouldn't be support despite her general liberal-mindedness. So glad that I was wrong.

For me it was pretty antagonistic. My mother just figured it out on her own when I started wearing my stud gear, which I do off and on right now. She just straight up asked me one time and I was like "yeah". Gave me the speech about it being sacreligious and even took me to church one time to pray the gay away. That stopped a while ago though. She just accepts it now.

I feel like I'm the only lesbian in that thread sometimes, though even then most of what I do is lurk.

Shit, I thought I was the only one on gaf outside of Beth during that short time I ventured into that thread. I wanted to talk about how I get annoyed when guys off the street, manly the thugs, see me in my stud gear and start talking to me about how they can turn me straight and I just haven't had any good dick.

What is FakeGaf? How are you fake?

Coming out is stressful and I don't want to think about it. Most people just don't understand bisexuality so I often don't bother. Oh well! Time to get fucked up.

FakeGAF came about after RealPic January. A lot of us didn't wanna stop talking with each other in the thread, but also didn't see the point in continuing to use the RealPic thread, so we made "FakePic February," which was shortened to FakeGAF.

God damn, its really been quite a few years since we started it.

Shit, I thought I was the only one on gaf outside of Beth during that short time I ventured into that thread. I wanted to talk about how I get annoyed when guys off the street, manly the thugs, see me in my stud gear and start talking to me about how they can turn me straight and I just haven't had any good dick.

One of the worst things. I say this even though I like the Prince song Bambi. Went on a date with a girl a few times and it's miserable how many guys think they I just never had good dick before just because I was holding hands with a woman. My cousin is lesbian and my dad told me she's a lesbian because she had no father figure in her life. The rationalizations people go through is crazy. Funnily, almost half the girls at my work are either gay or bi so I feel at home.

I love when I hear people have supportive families. It's so important <3

I don't think I've even even lurked the LGBTQ thread. I'm bisexual and I honestly figured it would be mostly cis gay men, which sounds to be about what you guys were saying, and I often feel out of place in LGBT spaces because I'm "only" bi, I present as very feminine, I do like men, etc. I've been called a "Fake" and such before (by gay men mostly. Also a straight one or two). I've kind of learned that people don't like bsexuals very much. Honestly I feel a lot more comfortable in LGBT spaces dominated by women.

As far as family goes, I'm only out to my mom. The rest of my family probably wouldn't be so accepting. Half of my family aren't *against* gay rights but are the "as long as they aren't pushing their lifestyle on me" etc etc, the other half is straight up homophobic.

I don't think I've even even lurked the LGBTQ thread. I'm bisexual and I honestly figured it would be mostly cis gay men, which sounds to be about what you guys were saying, and I often feel out of place in LGBT spaces because I'm "only" bi, I present as very feminine, I do like men, etc. I've been called a "Fake" and such before (by gay men mostly. Also a straight one or two). I've kind of learned that people don't like bsexuals very much. Honestly I feel a lot more comfortable in LGBT spaces dominated by women.

As far as family goes, I'm only out to my mom. The rest of my family probably wouldn't be so accepting. Half of my family aren't *against* gay right but are the "as long as they aren't pushing their lifestyle on me" etc etc, the other half is straight up homophobic.

I feel out of place at LGBT gatherings because I'm bi and I date a man. People assume we are a "straight" couple when I go to the very LGBT enclaves where I should feel safe and accepted. "Look, the straights have invaded!" I've heard someone say out loud once. Thankfully there's a lot of places where they know the tea such as my local drag watering hole.

Drag places are the best for that reason.

Leeness

My relationship with my mom has been on the mend, and we've been closer than ever recently. Other than that, I built my own family, and have people in my life that aren't related by blood, but I still talk to them every day, share more with them that I can with family, and we've all stuck with and loved each other through some serious shit. I'm a big fan of people choosing their own families when their own biological ones don't quite fit(or worse). My dad was extremely abusive to all of his kids/spouses(and frankly, everyone else), but I keep hearing the rhetoric from my other family members that we have to love him, since we're family. I did love my dad, but I sort of resent myself for it, and I really resent the idea that anyone owes love to their abuser.

That's awesome about you and your mom, and also awesome that you have built your own family. :) And I do agree--you don't owe love to an abuser, even if they're family.

I've never really had to "come out". My whole family just knows I'll never have a partner or kids and I've reiterated that and they have long since stopped asking if I've ~found someone~.

My mom was kind of funny about the whole thing, by the time I was like, 23 or 24 or something and no relationships, she'd always just try to bring up "you know, if you're gay that's totally fine right?? If you have a girlfriend, let me meet her!!!" Lol. No mom, I don't. Just not interested.

The only one in my family who really tries anymore is my grandma, and that's because she has 11 grandchildren, 6 of us are women, and she's all "WHY WON'T ANYONE GIVE ME A GREAT GRANDCHILD I JUST WANT ONE BEFORE I DIE SOME OF YOU ARE ALMOST 30 WHY DON'T YOU HAVE A CHILD YET?" But it's super funny because she doesn't even care if I/we have a boyfriend, she just wants me/us to get pregnant &#128514;

Ekai

As far as family goes, I'm only out to my mom. The rest of my family probably wouldn't be so accepting. Half of my family aren't *against* gay rights but are the "as long as they aren't pushing their lifestyle on me" etc etc, the other half is straight up homophobic.

Very much agree @ bolded.

Sorry to hear about your family being so....ugh..... :( *sending huggles*
At the very least they aren't a domineering force in your life, right?

For me it was pretty antagonistic. My mother just figured it out on her own when I started wearing my stud gear, which I do off and on right now. She just straight up asked me one time and I was like "yeah". Gave me the speech about it being sacreligious and even took me to church one time to pray the gay away. That stopped a while ago though. She just accepts it now.

Sorry your mom was antagonistic. At least she stopped : /
*sending hugs for you too*

Jesus. That good dick shit pisses me off. It reveals just how immature and insecure those asses are. Screw em'. Can't stand that bs. A person isn't property.

I feel out of place at LGBT gatherings because I'm bi and I date a man. People assume we are a "straight" couple when I go to the very LGBT enclaves where I should feel safe and accepted. "Look, the straights have invaded!" I've heard someone say out loud once. Thankfully there's a lot of places where they know the tea such as my local drag watering hole.

Drag places are the best for that reason.

That really sucks, ugh. I know some great lesbian, bisexual and gender queer people who I feel really safe and accepted around, which I'm so thankful for.

Very much agree @ bolded.

Sorry to hear about your family being so....ugh..... :( *sending huggles*
At the very least they aren't a domineering force in your life, right?
*hugs* I'm very much the "I do what I want" member of my family, so they've given up on most attempts to be a domineering force in my life. I also have some "golden child" status in a few sects of my family. I just don't bring it up and leave them to internally judge on whatever dumb opinions they have about my appearance or whatever.

One of the worst things. I say this even though I like the Prince song Bambi. Went on a date with a girl a few times and it's miserable how many guys think they I just never had good dick before just because I was holding hands with a woman. My cousin is lesbian and my dad told me she's a lesbian because she had no father figure in her life. The rationalizations people go through is crazy. Funnily, almost half the girls at my work are either gay or bi so I feel at home.

Ugh I hate that shit. When I was college and hanging with my boys, another lesbian they knew came over and after she left I heard while I was in the bathroom one of them make the argument that nah homosexuality is psychological. See she probably got touched by a male family member when she was younger. He basing that off of ilk shit. That made me hot. If he said that shit to me I'd be ready to whop that head. Ain't nothing like that happened to me when I was little. I'm just like this and always have been.

Misha

Banned
Y\all are brave to be willing to come out like that against your family.

I have a great relationship with my parents because I listen to them. Can't imagine, don't want to, really, what it'd be like otherwise. Really, I admire people that dare to defy. In some ways I'm really grateful that I'm heterosexual and cisgender, because.. I don't know how I'd handle society/family/etc otherwise.

That's where I've been my entire life so its weird to have something that I have to so strongly go against them. My sister would argue back for what she wants but I would just sit there and take it.

Its the easy way out but I sorta just want to leave so I dont have to change who my family is to me. Its already deteriorated a bit over the years but I dont want the level of hostility and shame I know ill get

I just wanna say, hugs to all of you. I'm sorry to hear about the stuff that's gone on with some of you and your families. My parents and I don't see eye to eye on everything but I'm fortunate they see me as an adult woman who knows how to make sound decisions.

Sibylus

Banned

My folks are much the same. I'm not even sure they believe in the existence of my partner, lol. I'm a Schrodinger's Lesbian in their eyes or something.

I've heard this shit way too many times, even just from the experiences of girl friends. Masculinity so fragile
cm-vi2.gif

So... my divorce is official. It's been a long time coming, and I thought I was past the tears part, but I wrote a final farewell email to her and it all just came flooding back. I'm taking some meds to help me feel emotion and right now I'm wishing I could just feel dead inside again for a while.

Sorry to bump the thread with this.

NetMapel

Guilty White Male Mods Gave Me This Tag
So... my divorce is official. It's been a long time coming, and I thought I was past the tears part, but I wrote a final farewell email to her and it all just came flooding back. I'm taking some meds to help me feel emotion and right now I'm wishing I could just feel dead inside again for a while.

Here's some Arrested Development to cheer you up!!!
arrested-development-o.gif

feels for you, ttk *hugs*

i hope you will bounce back in good time

we're all here for you, mate <3

Jobbs

Banned

ah man I'm sorry :( it must be hard

I'm so scared of getting married for this reason

Ekai

Sorry to hear about your divorce, TTK.

sending kitten massages
cutest-kitten-gifs-massage.gif

*hugs* I'm very much the "I do what I want" member of my family, so they've given up on most attempts to be a domineering force in my life. I also have some "golden child" status in a few sects of my family. I just don't bring it up and leave them to internally judge on whatever dumb opinions they have about my appearance or whatever.

That seems to be a good way to view it. :)

Thanks everyone. <3 I'm a really private person so it's hard for me to even talk about it. Most of my friends that aren't in the area don't even know about it. This is one of those things it's actually hard to talk to other guys about. I know I'll be okay eventually, it's just one of those things I didn't see coming and to this day I'm not entirely sure how it happened. I was really happy with her. But that's a long story.

Thanks again for the love and gifs :)

NetMapel

Guilty White Male Mods Gave Me This Tag
Thanks everyone. <3 I'm a really private person so it's hard for me to even talk about it. Most of my friends that aren't in the area don't even know about it. This is one of those things it's actually hard to talk to other guys about. I know I'll be okay eventually, it's just one of those things I didn't see coming and to this day I'm not entirely sure how it happened. I was really happy with her. But that's a long story.

If you want to talk about it and so on, I'm sure this is a safe thread for you express your thought here. I find with guys, especially defensive guys, they are very good at talking about the physical things that happened to them. Like, here is the bad situation that happened, and that's about it. However, guys aren't very used to talking about how it affects them emotionally and therefore making it harder for say, the girls, to understand and help out if possible. It feels like it is dancing around the most important point and not really addressing it, you know what I mean? Of course, sometimes forcing the guy talking about certain things really is helping the girl out more so than the guy if they really just don't want to talk about it, so a balance is important. Anyways, I'm rambling now but I just want to encourage you to speak your mind if you'd like here. This seems to be a safe thread for that :)

Zaphrynn

Sorry to hear about the divorce =( I'm also a private person, so getting divorced was made harder by that for me, too. Just focus on what you need to get through this, but try not to shut others out. It may be annoying/anxiety-inducing, but people wouldn't want to talk if they didn't care.

Try to keep your spirits up. Things will always get better with time (as much as it sucks to hear in the moment).

6a010535647bf3970b014e8694d46a970d-500wi

gaiages

Banned
I'm so sorry about the divorce, timetokill! I hope you'll feel better. We're here for you! :D

To completely change tracks, can I rant about bras for a bit? I'm going through the pain of trying to find new bras again and it's a damn nightmare. Today I brought one of the new bras to work (I walk so I don't wear my office outfit while walking in the summer, and note this is my third time wearing it), I'm putting it on, and the damn strap on one side snaps off. It's apparently a crappy "convertible" bra, but I couldn't get the stupid ass strap to snap back in place, nor could I get the one on the other side to snap off. Now I'm stuck at work all day with lopsided as hell boobs... and to top it off, since the color is grey, it somehow can be seen through both my tank top AND my shirt. It's not even that dark! Uuuuuuuuugh

So where do y'all buy bras? I'm tired of looking everywhere and wasting my money =___=

Zaphrynn

So I've started buying a lot of my bras from here, because they have a great selection of wire and wireless, and I think I'm slowly giving up on wired bras:

https://www.cosabella.com/en-us/bras

Keep in mind these are gonna be $55+. I gave up on cheap bras, too. Lol. I just wash them in a laundry bag so they last longer, therefore I don't have to buy as many.

I also buy bras from high end places like Agent Provocateur by waiting for end of season sales. I've gotten $200 bras for $50 that way. I'll subscribe to their mailing list and wait for an email announcing a huge sale. I'm broke right now though, so I had to unsubscribe to avoid temptation haha.

I stopped buying Victoria's Secret because their fit varies by collection (wtf), and their underwear doesn't last very long anymore.

I'm usually about a 34B btw.

Jobbs

Banned
So I've started buying a lot of my bras from here, because they have a great selection of wire and wireless, and I think I'm slowly giving up on wired bras:

Keep in mind these are gonna be $55+. I gave up on cheap bras, too. Lol. I just wash them in a laundry bag so they last longer, therefore I don't have to buy as many.

I also buy bras from high end places like Agent Provocateur by waiting for end of season sales. I've gotten $200 bras for $50 that way. I'll subscribe to their mailing list and wait for an email announcing a huge sale. I'm broke right now though, so I had to unsubscribe to avoid temptation haha.

I stopped buying Victoria's Secret because their fit varies by collection (wtf), and their underwear doesn't last very long anymore.

I'm usually about a 34B btw.

These look nice. Gonna show this to my girlfriend, might make a nice gift. She mostly has stuff from VS-- She's frugal or even downright cheap in many ways but seems to think bras are something worth spending a little more on. :3

Misha

Banned
All the bras I own are from Aerie since I had an employee discount. They all fell apart one way or another unfortunately. They'll be held together by mediocre sewing till I get new ones

Scully

Neo Member
I usually just try to keep an eye on Asos and Figleaves lingerie sales. Asos has free shipping, but the style/size selection isn't always that great. Figleaves has better selection but you have to pay for shipping. Brastop & Bravissimo seem like decent lingerie websites too, but I haven't ordered anything from them yet.

Damn, I need a new bra... Ordering bra-stuff online is so stressful :(

http://www.brastop.com/

http://www.figleaves.com/us/home/

http://www.bravissimo.com/

cloudwalking

300chf ain't shit to me

ahhh omg so many cute lacy bralettes! I want all of them!

Since I had my breast reduction I have been obsessed with non-wired bralettes (and I actually wasn't allowed to wear any wired bras for the first 8 weeks anyway). I still have some wired bras, but I hardly ever put them on. I find they dig in and hurt me because some of my breast tissue is still hard and stiff underneath.

It's really difficult to find cute bralettes like those in stores around here though. I guess online shopping is the answer!

Brastop & Bravissimo seem like decent lingerie websites too, but I haven't ordered anything from them yet.

Brastop is excellent, I ordered practically every bra from them back when I was 30GG. Fast delivery and good prices, especially when the stuff goes on sale. I got several nice bras from them for like £12.

Thanks everyone :*) I really, really appreciate it. I'm mostly just trying to be productive lately and work on myself. I'm trying to channel all my heartbreak into the game project I'm working on. I think it helps give myself some closure.

The weirdest thing about it, to me, was that we never really fought about anything. Things were very comfortable, and I can admit I got complacent in how comfortable everything was. I'd known her for over 10 years by the time she disappeared from my life, and it just felt like a hanging thread. I hate having unresolved questions, and it really felt like we were meant to be together because she understood me probably better than anybody. So when a person like that leaves you it's hard not to feel pretty worthless and want to close off.

Meanwhile I don't have a ton of close friends. I'm really easygoing and agreeable, and I get along with nearly everyone but it takes a lot for me to get truly close to someone. And when you get that close to somebody like I did, it feels like you don't need to do it with anybody else -- they get you, they understand you, you can communicate and share everything and as an introvert, having one person for that is plenty. But now, without it, I feel like there's no release valve... which I guess is why I'm channeling it into my game projects :)

Anyway, enough livejournaling. Thanks again for letting me vent here. I won't go on and on about it anymore, but it means a lot to me that you're all so supportive and listen. Hugs all around!

Leeness

ahhh omg so many cute lacy bralettes! I want all of them!

Since I had my breast reduction I have been obsessed with non-wired bralettes (and I actually wasn't allowed to wear any wired bras for the first 8 weeks anyway). I still have some wired bras, but I hardly ever put them on. I find they dig in and hurt me because some of my breast tissue is still hard and stiff underneath.

It's really difficult to find cute bralettes like those in stores around here though. I guess online shopping is the answer!

Brastop is excellent, I ordered practically every bra from them back when I was 30GG. Fast delivery and good prices, especially when the stuff goes on sale. I got several nice bras from them for like £12.

1238553.gif

Jelly of you still that you went through with it. :p

I usually get locally from Change (just picked one up (30H)) or Brastop. I want to try: http://wellfitting.com because they look really nice and I've heard good things.

Mine are always over $50 in any case.

Sibylus

Banned
I can't even imagine how rough that is, timetokill. Make time to grieve and time for friends <3

On bra expenditures, I tend to spend on 4~ really good bras. It hurts but it's so comfy
sad.gif

It's times like these I feel lucky that I can find cute, comfy bras at conventional locations. Online shopping so often results in ill-fitting goods, I'm largely scared off of it.

Top Bottom