• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GirlGAF |OT 2| Shall I Compare Thee to a Summer's Eve?

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
I was out of razor blades and borrowed my wife's razor for a quick stubble shave.

x6qtS8x.jpg

Needless to say, I'm heading to the store after work. Any my face is still all itchy.

Ayumi

I was out of razor blades and borrowed my wife's razor for a quick stubble shave.

Needless to say, I'm heading to the store after work. Any my face is still all itchy.
Women's razors weren't meant for dry shaving, and they're not very good for hard stubble. I'm sure you learned, lol. I remember trying my dad's razor on my legs, it was so damn sharp, and I shaved dry so I wanted to cut my legs off because it was itching so bad.

Zaphrynn

Women's razors weren't meant for dry shaving, and they're not very good for hard stubble. I'm sure you learned, lol. I remember trying my dad's razor on my legs, it was so damn sharp, and I shaved dry so I wanted to cut my legs off because it was itching so bad.

I have super coarse leg hair. It hurt just reading that.

I went ahead and bought an old fashioned safety razor for shaving. It has made shaving soooo cheap and you get a closer shave. Takes a bit of practice and trying different razor brands before you can get the hang of it. Overall I love it. But no dry shaving. Ever.

Misha

Banned
Could be many things. Is her nose wet or dry? If it's dry, it could be something more than a simple dust reaction.
Dry nose. Haven't heard her sneeze today and yesterday tho but haven't been around her

I actually seem to have better luck with guys razors for whatever reason. Probably the specific razor or something but I've never cut myself up with a guys one and do it semi regularly with a women's one

NetMapel

Guilty White Male Mods Gave Me This Tag
Here's a thread I was reading: http://m.neogaf.com/showthread.php?t=1264704

So help me out here, fellow GirlGAFers. Why do GAF guys get so sensitive and upset about height when girls reject them based on height? I mean, I personally think that is pretty silly to reject a guy If they're under 6ft or whatever. So I get guys get upset about that, but I tried pointing out to GAF that girls get rejected over silly things too. Our bodies get judged by guys in so many ways and many of them cannot be changed too as you're simply born with it. How many times have I seen posts here at GAF from guys saying "I'm a boob/butt/leg guy" ? But seriously, am I missing something here that I am not aware of? Is this particular "filter" particularly unfair for guys? I'm a pretty petite girl myself and I've certainly been rejected by silly reasons beyond my control.

I dunno. I'm shallow like that though. I'm not dating a man shorter than me. I mean, I'm 5'4 so, it's not common anyways. I don't care if you're 5'8. Whatever. So long as you're taller than me.

Jobbs

Banned
Here's a thread I was reading: http://m.neogaf.com/showthread.php?t=1264704

So help me out here, fellow GirlGAFers. Why do GAF guys get so sensitive and upset about height when girls reject them based on height? I mean, I personally think that is pretty silly to reject a guy If they're under 6ft or whatever. So I get guys get upset about that, but I tried pointing out to GAF that girls get rejected over silly things too. Our bodies get judged by guys in so many ways and many of them cannot be changed too as you're simply born with it. How many times have I seen posts here at GAF from guys saying "I'm a boob/butt/leg guy" ? But seriously, am I missing something here that I am not aware of? Is this particular "filter" particularly unfair for guys? I'm a pretty petite girl myself and I've certainly been rejected by silly reasons beyond my control.

I've stayed the hell out of that thread because I just don't have the stomach for a dumpster fire right now, but if guys are hypersensitive about height they have no particular right to be. As you say, women are consistently judged by their physical features.

I think a lot of men have an unwarranted sense of entitlement, especially as it pertains to what women they "deserve". I don't want to generalize too much but it's an attitude I've observed multiple times. They'll seek out "hot" women themselves but feel surprised or slighted if they are judged or rejected for superficial reasons.

Bring something to the table, fellas, and maybe don't be quite so superficial yourselves.

I dunno. I'm shallow like that though. I'm not dating a man shorter than me. I mean, I'm 5'4 so, it's not common anyways. I don't care if you're 5'8. Whatever. So long as you're taller than me.

Seems normal. It's also exceedingly rare, but I would probably be somewhat uncomfortable dating a woman taller than me (6'2"). I don't know that I've ever met a woman who was, now that I think about it.

It's easier to blame others for your problems than work on improving yourself and being the best you can be.

Personally I prefer dating people only slightly taller than me, so too tall is a bit of a suboptimal experience, but I'm not going to hold it against people if their preferences are different from mine as long as they realize sometimes the expectations we have are impractical.

Zaphrynn

Lol at that thread. I vaguely perused it and posted cuz I hate myself haha. Dudes aren't used to being persecuted for something they think is petty, while being petty themselves. How many of these dudes would date a fat woman? Oh wait she can just "lose the weight". Meanwhile you've got guys crying that they're 5'9" and "short" and that's why they're not successful at dating. Yeah bullshit. Just throwing that blame off yourself.

I think a lot of men have an unwarranted sense of entitlement, especially as it pertains to what women they "deserve". I don't want to generalize too much but it's an attitude I've observed multiple times. They'll seek out "hot" women themselves but feel surprised or slighted if they are judged or rejected for superficial reasons.

Bring something to the table, fellas, and maybe don't be quite so superficial yourselves.

Yep.

Nudull

Banned
It's also hilarious to see so many guys get so hung up on height, given all the racial issues the dating world has right now. "Just my preference/ No ______ people" and all.

Women who aren't white especially have it rough.

Zaphrynn

It's also hilarious to see so many guys get so hung up on height, given all the racial issues the dating world has right now. "Just my preference/ No ______ people" and all.

Women who aren't white especially have it rough.

Yep. I was thinking that as well.

Well I hadn't clicked on that thread until now. It's got a lot of stupid in it, but tbh it wasn't as bad as expected.

I basically agree with Jobbs. A lot of men still expect to be treated better than they treat women, and some gaffers don't want to face up to that.

I'm 5'9

Pau

How many times have I seen posts here at GAF from guys saying "I'm a boob/butt/leg guy" ?
In that very thread too. Telling other guys who don't have sex with big-assed women that they're missing out. Can you imagine if GirlGaf went in and said the same thing about tall guys? :p

But hey, we can change our faces, breasts, and butts with plastic surgery. (And then be looked down upon for it.)

Ultimately I think it's being sold the story that they deserve the best looking women despite whatever they look like themselves and that a woman's primary worth as a partner comes from her body.

Also, I got to my parent's place yesterday. Been with my pups. I'll post pictures later. :3

In that very thread too. Telling other guys who don't have sex with big-assed women that they're missing out. Can you imagine if GirlGaf went in and said the same thing about tall guys? :p

But hey, we can change our faces, breasts, and butts with plastic surgery. (And then be looked down upon for it.)

Ultimately I think it's being sold the story that they deserve the best looking women despite whatever they look like themselves and that a woman's primary worth as a partner comes from her body.

Also, I got to my parent's place yesterday. Been with my pups. I'll post pictures later. :3

aaaah puppy <3 *awaits pics*

bolded part: yeah, so weird that they feel it's unfair for them to be rejected for 'height' whilst they reject women all the time for not meeting their arbitrary beauty standard. isn't height a 'beauty' standard. like, how is it okay to reject a woman for 'not hot enough (cuz race/weight)' but not okay for a woman to reject a man for being 'not hot enough (cuz short)'

:x

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
This poster summed it best:

It's almost as if men aren't used to being treated like pieces of meat or something.

Super strange.
Couldn't have said it better myself.

FWIW, my bf is much taller than me (I'm 5'5, he's 6'1) but I don't care about height, it just happened to be like that. I've been attracted to shorter guys before I met him. I grew up in a short family though. Who cares, it's a preference, some guys prefer big boobs, some girls prefer taller men, others don't care.

Nudull

Banned
Can you imagine if GirlGaf went in and said the same thing about tall guys? :p

Don't even joke, this thread would get bombarded by so many angry, entitled randos. :p

It's funny that thread came up, just as I'm just about to date someone I met over OKC, earlier today. lol

My thing is why do a lot of men think they can get a girl just by being a man? Like I'm obligated to be interested in you just because you're a man. Better step the fuck up to the plate. If you're being rejected for your height, look for girls that are shorter than you or become interesting enough where your height isn't a turn off. I'm not saying you have to be Prince or anything, but jeez.

Nudull

Banned
My thing is why do a lot of men think they can get a girl just by being a man? Like I'm obligated to be interested in you just because you're a man. Better step the fuck up to the plate. If you're being rejected for your height, look for girls that are shorter than you or become interesting enough where your height isn't a turn off. I'm not saying you have to be Prince or anything, but jeez.

"But I'm a male, I'm entitled to have you!"

Ugh. >.>

Well there is a whole lot of positive reinforcement for boys/men to believe that. Just off the top of my head, an enormous chunk of male roles in the media (leads, I mean, the character the assumed male audience is asked to identify with) just has women throw themselves at him. And then there is a lot of real world reinforcement of that mindset, locker room talk and the like.

It's not at all untrue that girls are still conditioned to assume they are impossibly unattractive, boys that they are impossibly attractive.

My main question is: what the fuck do you have to offer? I hope I have something to offer to you as well. I hope I'm interesting enough for you to want to know me more. So why would I not have the same expectation out of a man I date?

Thank goodness I don't have to worry about any of this.

NetMapel

There has been many multiple threads about shorter men and daring throughout my time here in GAF. Every time a thread is made, it is guaranteed thousands of posts with a lot of guys being sensitive to it. I definitely think this is a sensitive topic here at GAF and I just don't get why. Most guys are really so upset about it too and call those girls shallow. Well... I just think it is a two way street since they probably rejected girls too for arbitrary reasons. So I don't get the indignation :p

Ayumi

Thank goodness I don't have to worry about any of this.
Ugh, same. Being married seems to have its benefits after all, who would've thought!

My husband is about.. 5'6" or 5'7"? And I'm 5'9", almost 5'10".. If I wear heels, I'm well over 6ft (we don't use ft/inches her so I had to use Google, lol). I'm not going to lie, it was a bit weird in the beginning because I wasn't sure he was comfortable with it, especially when I wore high heels. He told me he really liked it, so it never mattered then. I do understand girls who prefer tall(er) guys though, especially if they're not so tall themselves. Nothing wrong with that. It's just a preference. It isn't shallow, imo. People just prefer different stuff.

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl
Honestly I'd just someone the same height. lol
A person's height has never really been a factor in me dating them or not though so it doesn't matter much in the end. \o

Also I use the Pro Dark skin and it still shows as grey for me.

NetMapel

Puppers! :) glad you got to see your pup.

YES. It freaked out, glad it's happening to others.

And that thread. &#128532; I don't know why I go in and post in them, its like a sickness.
Leeness I understand. Sometimes we don't grow up in the most encouraging and nurturing environment. That extreme low self esteem will be very difficult to grow out of. I say ignore all the distractions and noise. Concentrate on yourself and what makes you happier. I know for me it is easy to get depressed because I work with the assumption that people like to be around other nice people. Therefore, if people aren't keen to hang with me and so on, I must not be a nice person. I have to tell myself daily that that is not the case and there are many circumstances why things happen the way they do.

Also has anybody notified the mods or whoever is in charge that quote is no longer highlighted?

Leeness

Leeness I understand. Sometimes we don't grow up in the most encouraging and nurturing environment. That extreme low self esteem will be very difficult to grow out of. I say ignore all the distractions and noise. Concentrate on yourself and what makes you happier. I know for me it is easy to get depressed because I work with the assumption that people like to be around other nice people. Therefore, if people aren't keen to hang with me and so on, I must not be a nice person. I have to tell myself daily that that is not the case and there are many circumstances why things happen the way they do.

Also has anybody notified the mods or whoever is in charge that quote is no longer highlighted?

<3

The worst part is that my parents were/are VERY loving and nurturing, it is just everything else around me that ruins me. I should have never gone outside. Lol.

So I do just concentrate on me and just stay on my own. It makes me happier :)

Sibylus

Banned
I had a preference for a taller partner, then I wound up being the taller partner... and you know what? It's great. Not what I hoped for, not what I expected, yet it's fantastic for its own unique reasons.

I wouldn't wish for anything else now.

This is none of my business and I hope you don't take wrongly but have you had bad sexual experiences, Leeness? How you approach the subject worries me and makes me wonder if you were ever abused. I apologize if this too much too ask, but if you want to talk about it sometime we're here,

Leeness

This is none of my business and I hope you don't take wrongly but have you had bad sexual experiences, Leeness? How you approach the subject worries me and makes me wonder if you were ever abused. I apologize if this too much too ask, but if you want to talk about it sometime we're here,

PM'd you.

Zaphrynn

I met my boyfriend on Smashboards of all places. We were online friends before we started dating. Height didn't even come into the equation. However, I don't mind that he's 6"1' and skinny af =3 I tend to prefer the traits of the person I'm dating in general though.

So I've been wanting to shave my head since I was a little kid, and I finally did it! Feels like a blanket's been taken off my head. I love it! A bit nervous about going out into public since it's "different", but whatever. Glad I went through with it =3

I met my boyfriend on Smashboards of all places. We were online friends before we started dating. Height didn't even come into the equation. However, I don't mind that he's 6"1' and skinny af =3 I tend to prefer the traits of the person I'm dating in general though.

So I've been wanting to shave my head since I was a little kid, and I finally did it! Feels like a blanket's been taken off my head. I love it! A bit nervous about going out into public since it's "different", but whatever. Glad I went through with it =3

i've always been curious to shave my head too but i have never had the courage XD

YOU GO ZAPHRYNN <3

Ceallach

Smells like fresh rosebuds
Ive never had good luck online, I intimidate guys i think. im usually taller than they think, im very brash and mywork and hobbies arent generally something guys expect.

Ayumi

Any of you use make-up? I usually just stick with eye-makeup like eyeliner/mascara, but wanted to try one of those cream foundations. I've only used powder before (and sometimes use it under my eyes), but my skin is kinda dry in the summer so it doesn't really work.

I'm looking for a worldwide brand that'll ship to Japan, and that has moisturizing and medium coverage. I don't have any pimples, but I have freckles I'd like to tone down. My skin is very pale, so needless to say, I never find anything that fits in Japan.. ( ._.) I'm on vacation in Norway now, and was thinking I could try stuff here, then order from home, or something. Any help/suggestion for brand is welcome!

And I'm kind of confused, what's the difference between BB cream and foundation? Should I always use a primer? And what about consealers?! Why is being a girl so advanced?!?! orz

That's awesome! I'm happy you love it, I can't imagine what a relief it must be with showers and styling! I bet it looks great on you.

Zaphrynn

Any of you use make-up? I usually just stick with eye-makeup like eyeliner/mascara, but wanted to try one of those cream foundations. I've only used powder before (and sometimes use it under my eyes), but my skin is kinda dry in the summer so it doesn't really work.

I'm looking for a worldwide brand that'll ship to Japan, and that has moisturizing and medium coverage. I don't have any pimples, but I have freckles I'd like to tone down. My skin is very pale, so needless to say, I never find anything that fits in Japan.. ( ._.) I'm on vacation in Norway now, and was thinking I could try stuff here, then order from home, or something. Any help/suggestion for brand is welcome!

And I'm kind of confused, what's the difference between BB cream and foundation? Should I always use a primer? And what about consealers?! Why is being a girl so advanced?!?! orz

That's awesome! I'm happy you love it, I can't imagine what a relief it must be with showers and styling! I bet it looks great on you.

Thanks!! And SUCH a relief. I'm so lazy about my hair. Hate styling it. I'll post a picture later =)

I really should respond to this when I have a keyboard, but here we go: I've only used a BB cream once, so I can't remember much about it. It seems like they don't have as much coverage as a regular foundation? Anything that tends to have multiple functions usually won't work as well as products that have those functions separate.

Primers aren't necessary. I've never used them, and they've rarely been used on me. Now that I think about it, I don't think I ever bothered with primers because I moisturize and use sunscreen for my face everyday. My favorite foundation, and a foundation that many make-up artists consider top tier is Laura Mercier. It's gonna run you $50-$60ish dollars, but it's a popular brand and oh man can it blend and cover. I used to be super pale and they carried a light enough color for me. I know you want a moisturizer/medium coverage, but I can't look into it much cuz i have limited service. Not sure what they offer there. I do recommend having a separate moisturizer and foundation though, as I lightly touched on above. It works better and is better for your skin. If your skin is sensitive, Makeup Forever is good, too.

Concealers are for covering things that the foundation won't. I use a concealer when I don't wear glasses because I have dark circles under my eyes. I cannot remember the brand off the top of my head. Red eyeliner blended under can help dark circles too thanks to complimentary colors! Haha. Don't go overboard though.

Oh yeah, and the best way to test a foundation/concealer is on the back of your hand. Skin tones tends to be yellow or pink, so keep that in mind. I have a more yellow tone, so I look for foundations meant for that tone.

Any other questions, I'd be happy to answer haha. Tried to type this up quickly before class. What's funny is I don't even wear foundation anymore. I moisturize and use an spf that has a light tint. The concealer I have is for dark circles and the occasional acne.

Media

I'm tall for a woman (5'9) so I have dated men shorter than me. My husband is 5'10, so when I wear heels I tower over him. I think it bothers him more than it bothers me lol.

Ayumi

Thanks!! And SUCH a relief. I'm so lazy about my hair. Hate styling it. I'll post a picture later =)

I really should respond to this when I have a keyboard, but here we go: I've only used a BB cream once, so I can't remember much about it. It seems like they don't have as much coverage as a regular foundation? Anything that tends to have multiple functions usually won't work as well as products that have those functions separate.

Primers aren't necessary. I've never used them, and they've rarely been used on me. Now that I think about it, I don't think I ever bothered with primers because I moisturize and use sunscreen for my face everyday. My favorite foundation, and a foundation that many make-up artists consider top tier is Laura Mercier. It's gonna run you $50-$60ish dollars, but it's a popular brand and oh man can it blend and cover. I used to be super pale and they carried a light enough color for me. I know you want a moisturizer/medium coverage, but I can't look into it much cuz i have limited service. Not sure what they offer there. I do recommend having a separate moisturizer and foundation though, as I lightly touched on above. It works better and is better for your skin. If your skin is sensitive, Makeup Forever is good, too.

Concealers are for covering things that the foundation won't. I use a concealer when I don't wear glasses because I have dark circles under my eyes. I cannot remember the brand off the top of my head. Red eyeliner blended under can help dark circles too thanks to complimentary colors! Haha. Don't go overboard though.

Oh yeah, and the best way to test a foundation/concealer is on the back of your hand. Skin tones tends to be yellow or pink, so keep that in mind. I have a more yellow tone, so I look for foundations meant for that tone.

Any other questions, I'd be happy to answer haha. Tried to type this up quickly before class. What's funny is I don't even wear foundation anymore. I moisturize and use an spf that has a light tint. The concealer I have is for dark circles and the occasional acne.
Thank you for typing all of that out! ; w ;

It's okay if it doesn't moisturize, I actually have a good one I use 1-2 times a day (morning/before bed). Not going to use foundation daily (I rarely wear makeup at all), but I wanna try getting better at it. Before I had a kid, I was super fast putting eyemake up on, but now I'm out of practice and always mess up my wings. ._.

Anyway, I've looked a but at NYX, and uh.. Tbh I don't remember the names. lol
H&M here has a lot of brand makeup that isn't disgustingly expensive (Maybelline, NYX, L'oreal, I just don't want something "heavy" that makes me feel like a cake. So the coverage can be "normal/light" or whatever. Maybe a BB Cream is better? Do they breathe better?

am i a bad person for posting affirmative comments in every male height thread i see?

I vastly prefer a guy who is taller than i am. it just feels right (I'm 5ft 9in)

ive been dealing with a really dry face and itchy eyes lately. :( Any recommendations?

Ceallach

Smells like fresh rosebuds
am i a bad person for posting affirmative comments in every male height thread i see?

I vastly prefer a guy who is taller than i am. it just feels right (I'm 5ft 9in)

ive been dealing with a really dry face and itchy eyes lately. :( Any recommendations?
Im the same height as you and yrah i cant deal with a guy who is shorter than me either

and do you have allergies?

Jobbs

Banned

No. It's okay to have preferences, and I feel guys have stated their preferences in women so regularly and so grotesquely for so long that you could even ramp it up a bit if you want. :D

Top Bottom