• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GirlGAF |OT 2| Shall I Compare Thee to a Summer's Eve?

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
Morrigan, does it always require starting from scratch? I found one ending.
You can click the little arrow in the top left corner to bring a menu that allows you to save.

Note, there are ways to "die" (you will get an explicit message saying so), but they are rare, and really require you to fuck up majorly. ;) The real endings, of which there are several combinations, show up as ~The End~.

Edit: thanks for playing btw! :)

Misha

Banned
I suck at fashion and I am sorta in the 'in between' of plus size. Though honestly apparently everything over a 10 is considered 'plus' to some companies nowadays. Grr.

I'm super tall, very curvy, with wide hips, big ass, narrow waist, so finding pants that fit is freaking impossible. Right now, I am buying 14-16s, and it's a crap shoot on if they will fit at the waist or not. Usually too big.

I guess the only advice I can give is look for long and flowy items, those are always cool to me. Uneven edges on skirts and stuff look great on everyone too.

Im around 18-20 and a bit bottom heavy. A bit bigger but not too bad :p

Seems from what I looked up belts help and go well with those longish dresses and such. I always hated belts but in the name of looking good I might change my mind
I didn't dress well when I was plus size, and I still dress like shit at a fairly average size. 😞 I just look like garbage in everything hahaha.

I bet if you search tumblr though, they will have some fashion blogs.

I spent two years in sweatshirts and recently its been all sweaters so I'm hoping to finally dress nice and dress in a style that I like. And I don't think I've even worn pants that fit me right.

I wouldn't be surprised. I'm exceedingly awful at searching though...

As much as I like dogs, they're the equivalent of owning a child when it comes to commitment, unless you pay someone to watch them when you're gone. I probably won't get a dog again until I have kids lol. And then I'll try to find a lab-type because labs are usually super chill. I used to own a pit bull and while I loved her to death, she constantly craved attention. It's a bit too much for me.

I'm not sure if it was the breed or what. This was my fifth dog. I really hated the experience. I had a black lab before and it was a sweetheart. My favorite dog. I don't know anymore. When I was a kid, I didn't exactly have to pay for vet care or get it trained. So I'm not sure it counts. Dogs were my favorite animal as a kid...

Leeness

Olympia, sorry to hear about your doggo's ongoing problems. :( Hope he feels better soon.

Im around 18-20 and a bit bottom heavy. A bit bigger but not too bad :p

Seems from what I looked up belts help and go well with those longish dresses and such. I always hated belts but in the name of looking good I might change my mind

I spent two years in sweatshirts and recently its been all sweaters so I'm hoping to finally dress nice and dress in a style that I like. And I don't think I've even worn pants that fit me right.

I wouldn't be surprised. I'm exceedingly awful at searching though...

I almost always wear sweatshirts (or at least, nice office sweaters lol) and long pants. Won't show arms or legs in public unless out jogging, mostly.

Go for it! Dress nicely for both of us! Rooting for you. :)

speaking of dog problems, we're had a pretty big scare with kona last night. literally a month after he got dermatitis, he started getting really sick last night. we rushed him to the emergency vet and they said he had HGE and put him on IV immediately, and we were there until 5AM. he was there all last night and all day today until we picked him up tonight.

the poor pup is so tired. he has his appetite back but he's basically a sloth right now. the doctor said if he pukes again, refuses food or other gross symptoms show up we have to bring him back, so any posi vibes are appreciated. this new vet we took him to is super sweet, at least. she wrote "he is a lovely corgi" on his outpatient papers. :3

poor pupper. it's one damn thing after the other. sorry to be a bummer, i just needed to share :/

poor kona :( i hope he will get better soon, olympia!

im always worried when they refuse food but sounds like what he needs now is a lot of rest and to get back to his health. hope he wont develop any further worse symptoms. will send you all of my posi vibes and hugs <3

i have no tips about dressing for plus sizes, cuz im built like a thin board :x im actually quite happy i put on a couple of kilos this winter. i was stable at 49 kilos last year but this year i'm remaining at 51 kilos and i think it looks healthier on me, too :>

y'all curvaceous ladies have my awe for your va-va-voom and awesome figures <3

I tend to give teachers the benefit of the doubt, but I've had two weeks of classes with her and she's pretty awful so far. I'm not gonna talk shit on a professor based on reviews alone since students try to throw blame of themselves. But she really is bad at teaching. I'm pretty much teaching myself at this point, and it's consuming my life haha. She's also one of those graders who you're not really sure what the hell she wants for some answers.

Luckily she gave us extra credit work (after telling us no extra credit), but I'm not sure how much it'll be worth. It took me 6+ hours to do it though, so I hope it's worth something good. One of the reviews said she gave them a whole grade's worth of extra credit because the class was doing so bad. I'm banking on that haha.

I got myself a study buddy, so that's gonna help all this =)

Edit: What subject do you teach?

I teach English. Just to be clear, I fully acknowledge that there a lot of terrible teachers working in education, and then if you have tenured profs at elite research-oriented universities who don't really care about students, it can be that much worse. In fact, my biggest criticism of my profession is that we don't take our primary task of education seriously enough. But, I also think that RMP is a terrible measure of teachers, in part (but not only) because it doesn't have a metric for "did this person adequately instruct me in the core material this course should have covered?", which imo should be the first thing asked of any teacher.

WaffleTaco

Wants to outlaw technological innovation.
Well, my boyfriend and I made a Choose Your Own Adventure text game for the Ludum Dare game jam, lol.

Feel free to read/play it! It's a short sci-fi interactive story (yes, your choices matter! well most of them anyway xD) and we had a lot of fun writing it.

http://ludumdare.com/compo/ludum-dare-36/?action=preview&uid=29335

Sadly, it has no graphics, 'cause neither of us can draw for shit. :(
I really enjoyed it! I'm probably going to play a second time because I need to find out what happens in another door lol.

Pau

I teach English. Just to be clear, I fully acknowledge that there a lot of terrible teachers working in education, and then if you have tenured profs at elite research-oriented universities who don't really care about students, it can be that much worse. In fact, my biggest criticism of my profession is that we don't take our primary task of education seriously enough. But, I also think that RMP is a terrible measure of teachers, in part (but not only) because it doesn't have a metric for "did this person adequately instruct me in the core material this course should have covered?", which imo should be the first thing asked of any teacher.
I think RMP is a useful tool but you have to cut through a lot of crap. You can kind of get an idea of who didn't put in the work or was expecting to just coast by. I include what you said in my reviews but reviews also have a rather small word cut off so if you want to properly explain abother issue you don't have a lot of space to do it in. :(

Zaphrynn

I think RMP is a useful tool but you have to cut through a lot of crap. You can kind of get an idea of who didn't put in the work or was expecting to just coast by. I include what you said in my reviews but reviews also have a rather small word cut off so if you want to properly explain abother issue you don't have a lot of space to do it in. :(

Haha I treat it like Yelp in that way. You get an eye for who doesn't know wtf they're talking about or are just salty. Bad grammar is one of the first giveaways haha.

@morrigan: Ooo I'm gonna try this game later.

@Olympia: Hope your dog feels better soon =(

@Misha: I don't know a lot about plus size styles, but I second looking at plus-size fashion blogs. I have heard empire waist dresses are flattering. My friend is plus size, and she actually finds good stuff on torrid.com of all places. It's not just a goth shop anymore lol.

Zoe

I don't have good fashion recommendations, but just keep in mind that your curves and height dictate how things look moreso than whether you have a size 0 waist or a size 20 waist.

I can't wear any tops that are too loose
to hide my gut
or else they'll look like titty curtains.

Misha

Banned
I almost always wear sweatshirts (or at least, nice office sweaters lol) and long pants. Won't show arms or legs in public unless out jogging, mostly.

Go for it! Dress nicely for both of us! Rooting for you. :)
That sounds very familiar :p I haven't had non athletic shorts that fit me in years

@Misha: I don't know a lot about plus size styles, but I second looking at plus-size fashion blogs. I have heard empire waist dresses are flattering. My friend is plus size, and she actually finds good stuff on torrid.com of all places. It's not just a goth shop anymore lol.

It seems torrid is all plus size clothing now from what I can tell. Generally not my style but I guess with basic things you incorporate it into your style

The empire dresses fit in with what media was saying. I was also reading that fit and flare and a line dresses are good for pear shapes so that's. Something for me to keep in mind

Leeness

I don't have good fashion recommendations, but just keep in mind that your curves and height dictate how things look moreso than whether you have a size 0 waist or a size 20 waist.

I can't wear any tops that are too loose
to hide my gut
or else they'll look like titty curtains.

Lol I hear that, fuck loose shirts. ...but fuck tight shirts. There's no winning. &#128532;

That sounds very familiar :p I haven't had non athletic shorts that fit me in years

I do t think I have ever in my life worn shorts that weren't for sleeping or running. Other than VERY special occasions, no dresses either. I would rather wear pants. I wore a dress to our work Christmas party last year and I felt so gross and offensive. &#128549;

I hope you find some pretty things :) Be pretty for us both!

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
Headphones thread is not fun. You really upset a few guys with that Morgan lol. Apparently I didn't help :(
Dude I wish you hadn't apologized haha. You said nothing wrong whatsoever and he acted like a total jerk. :( You really are too nice! I'd probably have gotten myself banned if I had to respond to that kind of comment. [edit: oh, he's gone, thanks mods!]

Here, read a funny sci-fi interactive story to feel better instead! (Yes I'm totally plugging my game again, I'm shameless xD)

Media

Dude I wish you hadn't apologized haha. You said nothing wrong whatsoever and he acted like a total jerk. :( You really are too nice! I'd probably have gotten myself banned if I had to respond to that kind of comment. [edit: oh, he's gone, thanks mods!]

Here, read a funny sci-fi interactive story to feel better instead! (Yes I'm totally plugging my game again, I'm shameless xD)

I just now wanted to apologize for apologizing lol. Maybe I'm part Canadian. :please

And Oooooh story! *dives in*

Zaphrynn

It seems torrid is all plus size clothing now from what I can tell. Generally not my style but I guess with basic things you incorporate it into your style

The empire dresses fit in with what media was saying. I was also reading that fit and flare and a line dresses are good for pear shapes so that's. Something for me to keep in mind

Yeah. Really the key to fashion is knowing how to layer. I buy a lot of stuff from Alloy.com even though most things they sell are not me at all. But every once in awhile they'll have a basic thing or a pair of pants that I can incorporate into my style.

Also, don't forget to go out of your comfort zone! Especially if you're not used to trying to be dressier. I use to be a little goth child that tried to hide my body and be unnoticed most the time. I had to really force myself to branch out and incorporate different looks and COLOR into my wardrobe. It'll always be uncomfortable changing your look. You can't let it deter you. Good luck =)

Headphones thread is not fun. You really upset a few guys with that Morgan lol. Apparently I didn't help :(

I love seeing assholes get banned. How can a headphone thread even go to shit? I'm gonna go check the thread haha.

Edit: Oh, it's about women wearing headphones. Dear God. OT has really had their proverbial panties in a real fucking twist over women not wanting to talk to or date them lately. Christ. Let it go, dudes.

Edit 2: Holy shit that article. The step by step guide. Wow. You gotta be a real desperate asshole to do this.

In most cases, you won’t have to go to that extreme, but some girls are shy and will be hesitant to take the headphones off right away because they are feeling a lot of nervousness and excitement about what is happening

WOW. And people wonder why I try to look mean as shit when I walk around lol. That's why.

WaffleTaco

Wants to outlaw technological innovation.
Thanks!

The red door is mostly optional, but is more interesting if you
destroy the first door to get in
;)
Thanks for the hint! Lol I will check it out tonight!
Green text for quotes has returned!
See I never lost them, except for like maybe once.

That headphone thread...like why in the world would anyone think that's good behavior and that one guy was being such an asshole to Media. Like wtf dude.

gaiages

Banned
Lol I hear that, fuck loose shirts. ...but fuck tight shirts. There's no winning. &#128532;

Lol that's my life right here. The way my body shape is, unless my pants are just perfect, I'll have a bit of a muffin top. I hate the shit out of it, so I want to wear a baggier shirt to hide it... But baggy shirts actually make me look bigger overall. Not to mention my bigger arms cause all sorts of problems...

I've started buying a lot of tank tops and just wear a long sleeved shirt over everything. Fuck shirts =_=

The headphone thread.

So, they're doing this with girls they don't know and not girls they know right? I wouldn't mind it if it's a friend but a random person is kind weird and getting in my space.

Kimaka

Its the catcalling thread all over again. Women can't even want to be left alone while listening to music without guys getting upset about it.

so i havent posted in here a bit but i need to talk about something

i was sexually harassed at work by a gay male coworker and he was fired today but texted me saying how he wants closure and to talk about it but i do not feel inclined at all to respond to him

ugh

Jobbs

Banned

i was sexually harassed at work by a gay male coworker and he was fired today but texted me saying how he wants closure and to talk about it but i do not feel inclined at all to respond to him

ugh

Don't respond. Screw him. You owe him less than nothing.

its frustrating because this dude hid behind this guise of "im extremely gay but its okay for me to be disgustingly inappropriate because im gay"

he's made working at my job beyond uncomfortable for weeks now.

yesterday after i called him gross for mentioning how he is going to gym (keep in mind, he mentions this EVERY SINGLE DAY and is always saying shit like uuuggghh im sore, im starting to feel "smexy", my body is starting to feel amazinggg" so i called him gross and walked away to avoid conversation about it even further)

he then proceeds to walk up to me and pull back his sleeve of his shirt and flex his arm and say "is this gross?", i walk away to go stamp some bags and dont even respond. he then comes RIGHT UP TO MY FACE and lifts his shirt and flexes his abs, to which i dont even look still and dont even respond STILL, and he does this right as a customer is walking up to the register so they see it happen, he then bolts and clocks out and leave for the day and im just standing there beyond angry, trying to keep it together, and am just like...... what the fuck

i straight up texted my manager and had to go sit in the basement for 15 minutes to keep it together because of how upset i was. Who acts like that? I dont fucking understand

Jobbs

Banned
The guy's a fucking maniac. Whether he's gay or not doesn't make that behavior okay. My suggestion would be to not talk to him at all via text or otherwise and just be glad for the silver lining that he was ultimately fired.

Sorry you had to go through that :(

ishibear

is a goddamn bear

ugh

its frustrating because this dude hid behind this guise of "im extremely gay but its okay for me to be disgustingly inappropriate because im gay"

he's made working at my job beyond uncomfortable for weeks now.

yesterday after i called him gross for mentioning how he is going to gym (keep in mind, he mentions this EVERY SINGLE DAY and is always saying shit like uuuggghh im sore, im starting to feel "smexy", my body is starting to feel amazinggg" so i called him gross and walked away to avoid conversation about it even further)

he then proceeds to walk up to me and pull back his sleeve of his shirt and flex his arm and say "is this gross?", i walk away to go stamp some bags and dont even respond. he then comes RIGHT UP TO MY FACE and lifts his shirt and flexes his abs, to which i dont even look still and dont even respond STILL, and he does this right as a customer is walking up to the register so they see it happen, he then bolts and clocks out and leave for the day and im just standing there beyond angry, trying to keep it together, and am just like...... what the fuck

i straight up texted my manager and had to go sit in the basement for 15 minutes to keep it together because of how upset i was. Who acts like that? I dont fucking understand

I'm not going to respond to him.

I've never gone through this at a job so I'm just trying to work through it.

I'm so frustrated by this though.

Good God what a creep! I'm so sorry Bento. Try not to worry about his motives because they certainly have nothing to do with you. He's an asshole and a fucking creep. Good thing he got fired.

/hugs/ I don't blame you for not responding. Try and take it easy. He doesn't know where you stay does he?

Good thoughts and love to your dog, Olympia! Best wishes.

Also, I'm glad you got it figured out, Cindi. A dog isn't right for everyone in their life -- personally I adore them but I can't have one at the moment due to my circumstances. It's true, dogs require more work -- they're meant to be companions. They've been bred that way for forever, and they're too intelligent to leave them alone forever. I just read that they've discovered that dogs process language in a similar fashion to humans -- one hemisphere processes speech, and the other intonation -- which was once though to be unique to humans and how we developed language. In other words they can recognize your mood as well as the thing you're saying, which is incredible, along with all the other things they can do. But that ability comes at a cost. The dog is a family member, not only in how you view it but how it views you.

My sister is attached to her dog but I've been trying to get her to pass him along for forever (as has my whole family). She works too much and he's too neurotic and anxious when left alone that he's insanely destructive. It just doesn't work for her current lifestyle where she works long hours. But she's afraid that he'll be killed if she gives him to a shelter or something so... she just can't let go.

Good God what a creep! I'm so sorry Bento. Try not to worry about his motives because they certainly have nothing to do with you. He's an asshole and a fucking creep. Good thing he got fired.

/hugs/ I don't blame you for not responding. Try and take it easy. He doesn't know where you stay does he?

thankfully he doesnt know where I live

he knows the generally area though but im hopeful he isnt even worse than he already is

thanks for all the kind words everyone

its nice just talking about it to someone because bottling things up has proven extremely unhealthy for me. i blocked his number so he cant text me anymore either.

now to go to work tomorrow and face the abundance of questions everyone will give me im sure

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
What an asshole. Probably just used the "I'm gay" excuse as an argument that his behaviour wasn't motivated by sex, but that doesn't make it any less creepy. At least he got fired, good. :) I'd totally ignore him too if I were you, you don't owe him anything.

Leeness

Bento, I'm so sorry that happened to you. :( Super glad he got fired ASAP though.

I had it happen once at a job years ago and not only did my manager think it was funny, he also made sure to schedule me with the guy. And this went on for weeks until I handed them my notice and they finally let him go. :/

So I'm at least happy for you that your managers just got it done once you told them. &#128532;

And good call on totally ignoring him. Cut him out entirely. Block number, etc.

Zaphrynn

thankfully he doesnt know where I live

he knows the generally area though but im hopeful he isnt even worse than he already is

thanks for all the kind words everyone

its nice just talking about it to someone because bottling things up has proven extremely unhealthy for me. i blocked his number so he cant text me anymore either.

now to go to work tomorrow and face the abundance of questions everyone will give me im sure

God I'm so sorry you had to go through this. I'm glad he was swiftly fired. Good on you to not respond. The guy clearly only has his own interests at heart. Get yourself a tub of Ben and Jerry's or Talenti tonight and indulge.

I used to work at a waxing salon as a receptionist. We'd get some really gross calls =| And a customer was slowly starting to get inappropriate with me, but luckily I quit soon after.

I've thankfully never had to deal with sexual harassment from coworkers.

Bento, I'm so sorry that happened to you. :( Super glad he got fired ASAP though.

I had it happen once at a job years ago and not only did my manager think it was funny, he also made sure to schedule me with the guy. And this went on for weeks until I handed them my notice and they finally let him go. :/

So I'm at least happy for you that your managers just got it done once you told them. &#128532;

And good call on totally ignoring him. Cut him out entirely. Block number, etc.

Christ. That's so fucked =(

thanks everyone <3

Im glad I can come in here and talk about it without it being weird or anything.

its a huge relief to feel supported in this decision.

I'm nervous to talk to my manager tomorrow :(

i felt like such a sad butt all day today that I decided to order myself some new cute makeup brushes to make myself feel better. >.>

cd38237ebcf9f928544c7e8e39ac78f7.jpg

thanks everyone <3

Im glad I can come in here and talk about it without it being weird or anything.

its a huge relief to feel supported in this decision.

I'm nervous to talk to my manager tomorrow :(

I saw you blocked his number, but I would encourage you to also report this to your HR tomorrow (in addition to your manager, if you work at a big enough place). Get his continued contact documented.

Also, I don't know what your workplace is like, but you shouldn't have to talk about anything with co-workers you don't want to.

That's fucking horrible.

Top Bottom