• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GirlGAF |OT 2| Shall I Compare Thee to a Summer's Eve?

NetMapel

Guilty White Male Mods Gave Me This Tag
I learned the hard way never rub your eyes while wearing eye liner. Smeared that all over my face with a good eye rub hahahaha

Misha

Banned
Someone needs to explain eyeshadow to me cause I feel like that would be the easiest way to bring out the color in my eyes (forest green) and it never feels like I get it right

I learned the hard way never rub your eyes while wearing eye liner. Smeared that all over my face with a good eye rub hahahaha

I think everyone learns that at some point. It's just that I keep forgetting/not caring. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Someone needs to explain eyeshadow to me cause I feel like that would be the easiest way to bring out the color in my eyes (forest green) and it never feels like I get it right

There's no one right way to do it.

I don't use eyeshadow a lot, but when I do I just take my middle or index finger and dab the palette, then tap in the center of my eyelid to get the bulk of the color there, then gently rub outward from that point to get a bit more coverage.

if you wanna have a more dramatic look you can use your finger or brush to apply it on your lids and above (only in the outer corners tho) and then use a special brush to gently blend until it looks nice.
I also recommend watching this

Just came back from the bakery today. I feel so shamed. I ate seven honey bun cupcakes. All that bread and sugar is bad, but it tasted soooo goood! A bitch won't gain any weight though, cause I got that tight metabo.
Shit hurt my pockets a bit too cause my check was only $80 this week, but it was for a limited time only.

Zaphrynn

There are little kits sold for specific eye colors. I'd also recommend looking up YouTube vids for your eye color. For green, I'd imagine reds and purples will help your eyes pop (red is a complimentary color to green). Just don't make your eyes ONLY that color, since red can be tricky.

And what works for one person's eyes won't work for everyone. Eye shape and the space between your lid/eyebrow makes a difference in how much eye shadow to use and how you should use it.

Make up is basically art for your face, and all art takes practice. You'll get it eventually =)

Just came back from the bakery today. I feel so shamed. I ate seven honey bun cupcakes. All that bread and sugar is bad, but it tasted soooo goood! A bitch won't gain any weight though, cause I got that tight metabo.
Shit hurt my pockets a bit too cause my check was only $80 this week, but it was for a limited time only.

I impulse bought apple cider donuts last night. I feel your shame.

Sibylus

Banned
Ate two big bags of Doritos today and yesterday.

... 25 more grams per bag, Doritos? Thank you for the shame banner, fam
sad.gif

Ha ha, I won't spoil but some of the lines are good.

What's sad is that some jobs shipped overseas actually have started coming back because Americans will work for less, take extra shit from their bosses etc.

Terrorblot

Well, I went on the date. There weren't any sparks but we stayed until the coffee shop closed. Left feeling like I didn't feel anything for this guy but I'd nice to get laid next time. Texted him later, he wants to be friends. Cried a little this morning which is stupid because I felt nothing for this guy. All well, will do again.

Sorithin

This is late but rubbing your eyes is really bad if you wear contacts of any kind, just saying.

Don't do it.

I knew someone who slept with their contacts in and didn't take them out for months. Rubbed them one day, they moved.. then lo and behold, they were stuck toward the back of their eye and needed surgery to get them removed.

They wear glasses now.

Terrorblot

Accounting firm. We can listen to stuff on our headphones and I'll usually stream stuff on my phone when I work. There's nothing quite like listening to the sounds of people slaughtering zombies.

To be fair, I'm usually in the office about 80~90 hours a week and after 6pm or on weekends it's much more casual so people don't really care as long as you're getting your stuff done. Before 6pm I listen to music.

I only watch scary things at work (I watched all of Stranger Things at work), because it's not as scary. I can't do it alone.

But if it's not as scary then what's the point? :)

Accounting firm. We can listen to stuff on our headphones and I'll usually stream stuff on my phone when I work. There's nothing quite like listening to the sounds of people slaughtering zombies.

To be fair, I'm usually in the office about 80~90 hours a week and after 6pm or on weekends it's much more casual so people don't really care as long as you're getting your stuff done. Before 6pm I listen to music.

I only watch scary things at work (I watched all of Stranger Things at work), because it's not as scary. I can't do it alone.

ah I see :)

has anyone experience with starting ballet-classes late in life? I literally have ZERO experience and I don't aspire to be part of shows or whatever, I just like the art and thought it could be a nice workout?

Misha

Banned
There are little kits sold for specific eye colors. I'd also recommend looking up YouTube vids for your eye color. For green, I'd imagine reds and purples will help your eyes pop (red is a complimentary color to green). Just don't make your eyes ONLY that color, since red can be tricky.

And what works for one person's eyes won't work for everyone. Eye shape and the space between your lid/eyebrow makes a difference in how much eye shadow to use and how you should use it.

Make up is basically art for your face, and all art takes practice. You'll get it eventually =)
purples is a lot of I heard works. I really like purple anyway. Helps that it's generally a good color on me

has anyone experience with starting ballet-classes late in life? I literally have ZERO experience and I don't aspire to be part of shows or whatever, I just like the art and thought it could be a nice workout?
Somewhat related but I've been looking up ballet stretches for exercise. Really most are just more extreme versions of similar stretches that I did for soccer. It's pretty much the only exercise I've found that doesn't make me anxious

purples is a lot of I heard works. I really like purple anyway. Helps that it's generally a good color on me

Somewhat related but I've been looking up ballet stretches for exercise. Really most are just more extreme versions of similar stretches that I did for soccer. It's pretty much the only exercise I've found that doesn't make me anxious
stretches make me anxious as hell because I always notice how stiff my whole body is lol

Not late in life but I grew up in ballet for years and years. I find myself still doing a lot of those routines instead of going out to yoga or whatever, and of course just dancing around the house is still fun. :)

Not late in life but I grew up in ballet for years and years. I find myself still doing a lot of those routines instead of going out to yoga or whatever, and of course just dancing around the house is still fun. :)

aw, little lili in a tutu<3
I discovered this beginner's class for adults in my town tho. maybe I'll just check it out!

Misha

Banned
only if you do it a lot :( I should really do it more often
Even over the corse of doing it once you should feel much more loose. It's really the only kind of exercise I can directly see the progress from one time to the next doing it. Even if the next is in a few days

Even over the corse of doing it once you should feel much more loose. It's really the only kind of exercise I can directly see the progress from one time to the next doing it. Even if the next is in a few days

for some reason I seem to notice muscle build-up much more quickly than getting loose and stretchy, maybe I was made for being swole after all.

aw, little lili in a tutu<3
I discovered this beginner's class for adults in my town tho. maybe I'll just check it out!

Actually it was a lot more in just leotards than with the tutu. But yeah I danced fairly seriously until... fifteen? Somewhere around there. I kinda want to get back into it, but I never make the time add something consistent into my schedule :/

Beginner's class for adults sounds great. They should help you be able to figure out why certain stretches you're trying don't seem to be working already for you. &#9829;

Terrorblot

Year 1 HRT I was in the crummy position of having a bra size where the band size was so large and the cup size so small I couldn't buy anything but weird brands from Amazon, but they were just big enough so I absolutely have to wear a bra. wide torso / overweight + trans sucks. Buuuuuut lucky for me things are still growing and I can finally fill a larger cup size, so now I can at least buy from Torrid and places that carry plus sizes. Things are still growing and I'm actively losing weight so hopefully I'll have a bright future at least!

I can't imagine having breasts that give you excessive back aches and whatnot that must not be any fun at all, seems like people are opting for reduction more and more. At least there's a potential solution for people although having to go in for surgery stinks.

Ceallach

Smells like fresh rosebuds
I've been trying to get a reduction. 42EE, but tricare won't pay for it unless it is affecting my quality of life, and I don't have it in me to lie to them

Top Bottom