• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GirlGAF |OT 2| Shall I Compare Thee to a Summer's Eve?

Ketkat

And I feel awful. Like a bigot.

I mean you should feel awful, because you're being a bigot. You literally acknowledge that cis women do the same thing, but when its someone trans doing it you have a problem with it. Not to mention all the other stuff you said about her

Ceallach

Smells like fresh rosebuds
Correct. Admitting it is me trying to hold myself accountable for being a hypocrite and a shitty person.

I don't don't want validation for being a fucking bitch. I just needed to actualize it amongst some people who won't try to make me feel better and who will totally call me out.

Ceallach

Smells like fresh rosebuds
In lighter news, I made cupcakes!

14199687_10157428608015603_6180471963531051125_n.jpg

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
Correct. Admitting it is me trying to hold myself accountable for being a hypocrite and a shitty person.

I don't don't want validation for being a fucking bitch. I just needed to actualize it amongst some people who won't try to make me feel better and who will totally call me out.
Sounds fair. It's important to admit your own failings if you want to grow up.

Okay now I'm hungry... time to make dinner I guess

Hello All

Just want to step in and suggest that telling ANY coworker that you don't like them because of how they dress, or talk, or (especially!) their body parts is probably a really bad idea.

I going to do it anyway. I ain't letting anyone talk to me any kind of way. I don't play that! She can get mad all she want.

suzu

Almost any, really. If you want spf go with a facial moisturizer with spf in it like Neutrogena spf 15 facial moisturizer or get some regular Aveeno meant for deep penetration. Put it on right after showering.

I asked my mom what products she used and it's all priced at $100+. Her skin is pretty good for her age though, but I'm not about that $$$ life. I guess I'll check out the drugstore first. lol

I asked my mom what products she used and it's all priced at $100+. Her skin is pretty good for her age though, but I'm not about that $$$ life. I guess I'll check out the drugstore first. lol

Uh. What.

All you need is some regular lotion. Buy a bottle. Apply right after showering because the water acts as a moisturizer. I have amazing skin and use five dollar lotion.

body lotion:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00I69T9I6/?tag=neogaf0e-20

Facial moisturizer w spf:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000052YP1/?tag=neogaf0e-20

Boom, bap, bam, slap it on. "How old are you?" "What? I thought you were 20. What the hell." You'll be good as new.

suzu

Yeeep. Shiseido. I took the whitening eye cream samples from her tho. haha

Thanks for the recs. Body lotion is covered. Just need to get into the habit.. My skincare routine is lacking and I'm lazy. /o\

Media

I (when I remember, I am so awful) use Equate Regenerating Daily Serum.

Equate: Cause I ain't about that life either.

i dont wear / use any skin care products :<

maybe i should

all i do to my skin is bask it in the glow of computer monitor screens

(cant be that good for it)

.... im just too lazy i guess bweh~

good on y'all ladies who takes great care of yourselves <3 everytime this topic pops up in girlgaf is literally the only times i get re-motivated to do so XD

and ceal, that was pretty honest of you. we all have our failings, and it's important to own up to them so we can better ourselves.

also your cupcakes look absolutely divine *____* i want some nowwwww aaaaaa

Terrorblot

The truth is, if you're trans and people know it, everything you do starts being scrutinized. If you're too girly, you're overcompensating, and if you're too masculine, then you aren't really trans. As an openly trans woman with passing privilege, it's easy for me to tell when someone was told that I'm trans before they met me. The people I meet that already know I'm trans usually have more trouble seeing me as a woman, while the people that I disclose to later tend to have trouble remembering that I'm trans or thinking of me as a guy in any way.

This x1000. Sometimes I spend a lot of time talking to people about makeup and fear that everyone might think I think that all woman must wear makeup, blah, blah, blah, when really I've spent a lot of time talking about it because I find it to be a huge relief to actually try and do something about my personal appearance in a hands on way when I had been denying myself that for so long. Also I like it and don't have to justify it to anyone but myself.

Damn, your frosting is impressive. :)

Terrorblot

Starting to follow a real skincare routine fo' real this time. Jesus why didn't i do this sooner. I feel like a baby! A beautiful baby!

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
I use moisterizer after showering but it's just because my face feels dry and awful afterwards. It seems to counter that, but otherwise doesn't do much. I think I may suffer from mild rosacea (not diagnosed though, just a suspicion) so that's probably why my skin looks crappy. *shrugs* Too lazy to do anything about it...

Terrorblot

I use moisterizer after showering but it's just because my face feels dry and awful afterwards. It seems to counter that, but otherwise doesn't do much. I think I may suffer from mild rosacea (not diagnosed though, just a suspicion) so that's probably why my skin looks crappy. *shrugs* Too lazy to do anything about it...

I've had bad eczema all my life. My hands are scarred a darker pigment than the rest of my body after years of open sores as a kid / teenager. I have a steroid cream that works well but I can't use it on my face, which has never been a huge problem but recently I've been having breakouts on my face and not sure what to do.

I've been moisterizing as soon as I get out of the shower and also using a cream that came in an ipsy bag every night along with marula oil. I've been using a a light cortizone cream for the eczema on the face and switched to a new liquid foundation. I'm almost completely cleared up and my skin has actually never looked better, pretty happy with the results.

My best advice is to use toner. My face gets really irritated and dry after I wash it and toner works wonders. I don't like using creams or lotions that make my face feel oily.

It's really not. It's just about buying quality components and having a steady hand.

My friend, for a party for a gay friend, made them a cake where it's a butt with cum dripping out of the asshole. It was so detailed and realistic and I have no idea how they make this kind of cake art.

Leeness

Ceallach, your stuff is really pretty. I want to get good again at "simple" but beautiful cake design.

I used to do cakes but since I moved to my apartment, it doesn't really happen because my oven is probably 20 years old and only has two settings: off and hotter than the sun. Not conducive to cake baking.

My more interesting cake that I did back in the day. I was only getting into things that were like...spectacle cakes and then had to stop. Lol. :(

Zaphrynn

I'm high as all hell and this thread is killing me. I have no baked goods ;-;

As far as moisturizers, I buy my stuff on Etsy. I always get a face lotion with honey in it, because it helps with acne (honey is naturally hydrating and anti-bacterial). My acne problems disappeared when I switched to a note natural lotion with honey. And it's waaaay cheaper than the expensive store shit I used to buy.

What I'm currently using: https://www.etsy.com/listing/159599...e-creamorganic-and-non?ref=shop_home_active_7

Read the ingredients. This shit is LOADED with stuff that's good for your skin. I also store my face lotion in the fridge to maintain freshness, and it feels good on my skin haha.

I'm also gonna give a shout-out to this sunscreen:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B009AUPVY6/?tag=neogaf0e-20

It's pricey, but my last bottle lasted over a year. There's a light tint, but not too much. It goes on silky smooth, and the light tint very slightly evens out my skin tone(but again just barely. I like a really natural look).

I'm 29 and I still have people think I'm 19 (which is actually when I started moisturizing/sunscreening lol). Doesn't happen as much anymore, but it still happens.

It's good to keep in mind that we all have different skin, so keep trying things until you find something that works. Another thing to consider is that it usually takes about two weeks for your skin to become used to a new product.

Oh man, I had fun this weekend camping, because I got to see an old friend.

But.

I'm never camping in South Carolina again @_@ I thought I was ok with bugs and spiders, but I guess that's because I was a simple gal who never camped further South than upstate North Carolina. I can handle big roaches and flies (both making appearances on this trip), I can handle being stung....

But I cannot handle banana spiders. Wtf banana spiders. My friend and I went on a 6 mile walk, and these fuckers were everywhere. I almost ran smack into them twice. Luckily my friend lives in Florida, so she had a keen eye for these assholes. Never again.

I did get to see a giant fly run into a web and get attacked and spun, which was cool. I do like nature. And the big banana spiders are strong, independent women. But they creep me the hell out. And one attached itself by web to my car last night, only to mysteriously disappear(I can only assume further into our camp).

I've never been so afraid to break down camp.

gaiages

Banned
Gah, I love baking but I'm trying to cut calories do baking anything more or less ruins my calorie goals for multiple days D: I wanna bake more and get better so bad

Then again, I don't really have a lot of baking tools so I can't do much other than cupcakes right now anyway >·>

Platy

My friend, for a party for a gay friend, made them a cake where it's a butt with cum dripping out of the asshole. It was so detailed and realistic and I have no idea how they make this kind of cake art.

Naw, it was with frosting and everything. You cake artists amaze me.

That looks awesome xD

My biggest problem with these is those things while they LOOK awesome they, specialy the ones with Royal icing and Marzipan, tastes like depression =|

where do i find the list of mods online right now?

I accidentally made a thread in off topic about a convention that should have been in community, i think x_____x

Leeness

Just on the note of cakes, was watching Cake Wars tonight and I was so embarrassed for one woman. She forgot to put sugar into her cake and still gave it to the judges. Judges were like "this is a bland, flavourless, nothing cake".

So embarrassing &#128561;

Terrorblot

Just on the note of cakes, was watching Cake Wars tonight and I was so embarrassed for one woman. She forgot to put sugar into her cake and still gave it to the judges. Judges were like "this is a bland, flavourless, nothing cake".

So embarrassing &#128561;

bland, flavourless, nothing. Just like my soul. /s

Terrorblot

Yeah, leaving the sugar out of cake on a cooking show sounds like a pretty big screwup.

Yeah, that's a pretty big mistake I'm thinking. I wonder how much of that stuff is conjured up for the show.

Got my eyebrows done and for the first time they came out awesome! I've just been doing it at Ulta, the woman I'd been making appointments with didn't do an AWFUL job but not great either? I kept booking appointments because I didn't want to be impolite, but I missed an appointment and got booked with a different guy and now I realize what they're actually supposed to look like when you get them done. So that's awesome.

It took awhile since coming out as trans to really delve into makeup and stuff but now I'm at the point where I'm pretty obsessed with getting better and trying the next thing. I kind of worry that people think when I talk about it that I think this is what woman are *supposed* to do or that I'm being stupid and vain when really it's just like, wow I really like this and it makes me feel good about myself for a change. I think the only thing I don't like about it is not being able to scratch my brow when it's itchy.

edit: I think I forgot what thread I was posting to halfway through. All well works here too.

Zaphrynn

It took awhile since coming out as trans to really delve into makeup and stuff but now I'm at the point where I'm pretty obsessed with getting better and trying the next thing. I kind of worry that people think when I talk about it that I think this is what woman are *supposed* to do or that I'm being stupid and vain when really it's just like, wow I really like this and it makes me feel good about myself for a change. I think the only thing I don't like about it is not being able to scratch my brow when it's itchy.

edit: I think I forgot what thread I was posting to halfway through. All well works here too.

I'm glad you're liking make-up! And hey, if someone wants to be a dick and think you're doing it because you think you're supposed to, they can go to hell. Their opinion isn't worth anything.

I rarely wear make-up, so I sometimes forget it's on, so I'll rub the hell out of my eye and suddenly realize I have eye shadow/mascara on. I'm like,"Oh god no." Haha.

Also a good trick for brows to save money is to try and upkeep them yourself after getting them professionally done. I only recommend this if you have good lighting and a good eye for evenness, otherwise you get lopsided brows >_> And never pluck above, just below.

Terrorblot

I'm glad you're liking make-up! And hey, if someone wants to be a dick and think you're doing it because you think you're supposed to, they can go to hell. Their opinion isn't worth anything.

I rarely wear make-up, so I sometimes forget it's on, so I'll rub the hell out of my eye and suddenly realize I have eye shadow/mascara on. I'm like,"Oh god no." Haha.

Also a good trick for brows to save money is to try and upkeep them yourself after getting them professionally done. I only recommend this if you have good lighting and a good eye for evenness, otherwise you get lopsided brows >_> And never pluck above, just below.

Yeah I sorta tweeze in between but usually I'll still get it done every month and a half or so because it's an excuse to go to Ulta and buy crap I don't need.

I've trained myself so well (since I almost always wear eye make up) that I don't accidentally rub my eye at all anymore. there are tricks you learn tho. like you can still use a finger to to gently scratch your eyelids or the corner of your eyes without smudging the whole thing. #makeupaddictthings

Leeness

Speaking of makeup, I got a new concealer for under my eyes and...it fucked up my eyes real bad lol. I have rashes under my eyes right now. &#128557;

Won't be using THAT anymore.

Top Bottom