• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GirlGAF |OT 2| Shall I Compare Thee to a Summer's Eve?

shiba5

A man stalking me like that gives me DANGER signals in my head. I haven't watched the debate because I work at night but I saw the screen caps on twitter and my alarm went off. "AVOID. DANGER. GRAB MACE."

Exactly. It's interesting how many men I've talked to who didn't notice. Just another thing that men don't normally have to worry about.

Did those of you who watched the debate notice him crowding Clinton (from behind) and looming over her with a look of pure hate on his face? I was actually afraid for her, and it made me think of all the times a man tried to intimidate me by invading my personal space. I don't think his "alpha male" (barf) body language is going to play well to female voters.
He's a complete predator.

Also, I've hung out at frat parties and never heard that kind of "locker room" talk.

The news reporter here (male, the Netherlands) mentioned that he was sort of stalking her, so you're not the only one. It is disturbing.

Leeness

Did those of you who watched the debate notice him crowding Clinton (from behind) and looming over her with a look of pure hate on his face? I was actually afraid for her, and it made me think of all the times a man tried to intimidate me by invading my personal space. I don't think his "alpha male" (barf) body language is going to play well to female voters.

Also, I've hung out at frat parties and never heard that kind of "locker room" talk.

Uo4Kj5L.jpg

Yep yep.

WaffleTaco

Wants to outlaw technological innovation.

When I was watching it, I was thinking it, but that's there where he was standing before Hillary walked over there, and it's where his chair is. Like I know Trump is terrible and a shit human being, but this is more of a "at the wrong place, at the wrong time."

The "locker room" talk quote would work if it was for locker room where it's a bunch of teenage freshmen boys who have never talked to a girl and are incredibly ignorant and stupid. However, he is a grown man and his comments were ridiculously disgusting.

When I was watching it, I was thinking it, but that's there where he was standing before Hillary walked over there, and it's where his chair is. Like I know Trump is terrible and a shit human being, but this is more of a "at the wrong place, at the wrong time."

The "locker room" talk quote would work if it was for locker room where it's a bunch of teenage freshmen boys who have never talked to a girl and are incredibly ignorant and stupid. However, he is a grown man and his comments were ridiculously disgusting.

Trump is an actual child. I'm disgusted, but not surprised.

shiba5

Mmm... there was a point where he walked up very close behind her (she was also standing) and he just stood there with an expression of pure hate on his face.

Eusis

Exactly. It's interesting how many men I've talked to who didn't notice. Just another thing that men don't normally have to worry about.
Maybe it's just me not liking people getting too close to me in general, but when I was looking at those pictures and gifs afterwards (I didn't fully watch due to needing to get to work) it's definitely... alarming. Security's obviously there if he were to really try shit and that probably helped a lot in Hillary's case, but why pace behind her like that?

Media

Yes, that honestly made me uncomfortable. The looming was creepy as fuck. Like he was trying to intimidate her but didn't have the balls to do it while she was facing him. Made my skin crawl, and yeah, reminded me of many times big guys have done it to me. (I'm 5'9, so any dudes that want to loom on me have to be big)

WaffleTaco

Mmm... there was a point where he walked up very close behind her (she was also standing) and he just stood there with an expression of pure hate on his face.

https://twitter.com/NumbersMuncher/status/785293112025505793

Soooo creepy ugh

He was pacing around the entire time too, instead of sitting down calm and collected, you could tell he was silently fuming.
Oh damn, yeah that's just unsettling. I didn't remember that at all (although I had been drinking)

Misha

Banned
To continue from a bit ago, the new Donald trump thing about Lindsey Lohan actually does sound exactly like things I hear guys say. (And you can see people in the thread agreeing with him).

It's really disgusting to fetishize mental illness but so many guys do it. And worst they see girls with something as simple as anxiety or depression or something more severe like bipolar disorder as a one night stand or someone to string along but too crazy to keep around.
If a guy asks his friends "hey I found out my gf has anxiety issues" or something like that most of the time the response is something like "dump her fast. Not worth the effort" or "don't put your dick in crazy". And often even if there is no mental illness a guy who breaks up with/gets dumped by a girl will often prescribe mental illness to her or to women in general. "Crazy", "psycho" etc are common things I hear that guys tell themselves to make them feel better about the breakup

The fact that this is legit locker room stuff will probably lessen it for a lot of people but it's really an example of how awful guys can be about girls and how poor mental illness is treated. And probably not talked about is how mental illness is gendered (which of course the reason men never apparently have it is cause it's often just ignored)

(Also the age difference is discomforting as well but that's a lot more straight forward)

Edit. Grrr I tried to come up with something to say in that thread but couldn't think of anything that's not directly adversarial. I mentioned earlier that I felt very uncomfortable around guys' "locker room talk" and this is exactly the kind of thing I'm talking about. Makes me so mad

Howdy GurlGaf! Back after a long break away from Off Topic! Got a ton of shit done over the course of the last couple of months or so:

• Earned my UK Civil Aviation Authority Pilots License!
  • Got my nipples pierced and went through the healing process.
  • Finished a GCSE college course and got a final grade of A in both Maths and English!

Some lass on here a while back (Cindi I think?) wanted me to give them an in-depth on how the piercing went so here's a ton of info:

The piercing process wasn't too bad. Dude basically told me to get topless. Put a little pincer-like clamp to pinch the areola and hold the nipple still, then once the nipple was thoroughly squashed tight enough he got a sterilized needle with a flexible tip and punctured it through one end and out the other. Pain lasted roughly about a few seconds before fading. Then after that he unclamped the nipple, let the nipple go and allowed it to expand back into it's nautral shape and left it to relax with the needle still in. After about 20 or so seconds he slowly teased it out of the sides and then used a tweezer to help feed the barbell through, once it was in he coated the nipple in disinfectant and let it dry.

Rinse and repeat for the other nipple. Had to be careful for roughly 6 weeks. Covered up my piercings with a bandage when doing my job at the gym so they didn't move about too much, and washed and rinsed the piercings daily in the shower (Salt solution and water). Another thing I couldn't do for a while was touch the piercings for a while which was a real bitch to try and avoid as the sensitivity of 'em has shot through the roof. Had to avoid wearing my metal band tees for a while because they're mostly "girly fit" which'd set my nipples off constantly!

They've healed enough not to have to do any of the above often so it's all uphill from here, extra sensitivity and all! Got these pentagram dealies and I think they look sweet as fuck. Shame I can't post pics, but chesticles have gotta be hidden from forum-goers eyes. Dems the rules!

mbjiu7m.png

In other news, I got hold of Sabaton's latest album, "The Last Stand!" Always loved this band's discography! Songs like "The Last Stand" which focuses on the swiss guard's war efforts, "Rorke's Drift" which covers the famous battle between british colonials and the Zulu tribes of South Africa,and "Blood Of Bannockburn" which is all about the Scottish Revolution of the 1600's are all particular highlights for me off of this album. This shit get's me pumped like crazy!

Sabaton_-_The_Last_Stand_cover.jpg

Tosyn_88

Donald trump isn't a very likable character in any way imaginable. That he said he would have blah blah his daughter alone is enough red signal about how loose tongue and childlike he is. Sometimes one begs to ask if he actually his real because he comes across like some caricature created to demonise misogyny et al.

Boys locker room talk is usually hardly negative, at least from my own experience anyways. It's often some dude saying he really likes this girl because this or that or he would like to sleep with her or whatever. Perhaps not how the girl would like to be seen but it's usually never something indicating an intent to violate the girl, it's usually wishful talk and in most cases, the person raving about girl wouldn't over cross because the said girl might have male friends in said locker room so the conversation isn't quite as loose as teenage movies tend to imply.

Jobbs

Banned
Boys locker room talk is usually hardly negative, at least from my own experience anyways

I don't know what your experience is but absolutely disgusting, deeply objectifying and dehumanizing talk from guys (not all guys, obviously, but some) when amongst themselves is not at all uncommon. I wish I could say it's only young men and teenagers who do this but it isn't.

Why am I finding myself so attracted to Luke from LinusTechTips? He's so damn cute...

I'm working on PC stuff now. Maybe that's why. He can help me set up my over clock.:3

Media

Guys, seriously, avoid the latest rape thread if you don't want to freaking livid. Not only with the sentence and situation of the poor 12 year old victim, but with posters jumping through hoops to defend it.

Ayumi

So today I went and got an IUD...It felt like a boxer punched me in my uterus.
Damn. I didn't feel anything when I got mine (Mirena). But I heard that's less likely for those who have given birth vaginally. On the upside, it's been 2,5 months and I stopped spotting/bleeding completely!

Fuck you, Endometriosis.

Aiustis

Damn. I didn't feel anything when I got mine (Mirena). But I heard that's less likely for those who have given birth vaginally. On the upside, it's been 2,5 months and I stopped spotting/bleeding completely!

Fuck you, Endometriosis.

yay (not for Endometriosis that's god awful)! I bled moderately the first day and it's just spotty now.

It's 1 am and I'm sitting here in bed having a major nostalgia kick watching Madeline cartoons. What the fuck. Just like that, I'm suddenly missing Madeline and have an urge to watch. Weird as hell.

We love our bread, we love our butter, but most of all, we love each other!

Remember those Amelia Bedelia books? Goddamn, I think I still have mine back home. I'm fairly certain either a Madeline or Ameilia Bedlia book was the first thing I ever read. My grandma gave me books to read like Curious George and the aforementioned books. She was such a huge proponent in making reading fun. She turns 80 next month and there's going to a big birthday party for her. I'm fairly certain I'm going to cry my eyes out. I want to do something special for her. I'm planning on painting her a huge painting - which I'm working on - and reading a poem.

From Madeline to my grandma. My ADHD is OFF THE CHARTS. What the fuck!

Leeness

It's 1 am and I'm sitting here in bed having a major nostalgia kick watching Madeline cartoons. What the fuck. Just like that, I'm suddenly missing Madeline and have an urge to watch. Weird as hell.

Remember those Amelia Bedelia books? Goddamn, I think I still have mine back home. I'm fairly certain either a Madeline or Ameilia Bedlia book was the first thing I ever read. My grandma gave me books to read like Curious George and the aforementioned books. She was such a huge proponent in making reading fun. She turns 80 next month and there's going to a big birthday party for her. I'm fairly certain I'm going to cry my eyes out. I want to do something special for her. I'm planning on painting her a huge painting - which I'm working on - and reading a poem.

Both awesome.

Since when does Amelia wear clothes like that? That's new to me!

It is literally impossible for me to not think of Madeline and Amelia without grandma. I'm calling her today to tell her I love her!

Zoe

I don't use shaving cream at all in the shower.

But now that I've been getting laser, I barely have to shave anymore anyway :D

It would be a lot easier for her if she had a regular bathtub. That way she can put her leg on something. I'd also suggest she switch to wax.

A bath tub allows you to do this.

ANe3Epy.jpg

Personally, I just stand on one leg, put the foot of the leg I'm going to get hair off on the edge of the bath tub, and wax that way.

Like this except, that tile is the outer edge of the tub.

78329507_XS.jpg

It's pretty easy.

Aiustis

I was joking with someone and telling them they were too young to remember when Amelia Bedelia was an adult, and then they looked at me all confused and said "I did not know that she was an adult"

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
I use an electric shaver, and not often 'cause I'm lazy. It's not as "smooth" in terms of results as a real razor I guess, but who cares >.< at least I don't suffer
much
!

WaffleTaco

I use an electric shaver, and not often 'cause I'm lazy. It's not as "smooth" in terms of results as a real razor I guess, but who cares >.< at least I don't suffer
much
!

I've been thinking about getting one, especially for areas which I don't shave often enough as I should...

Top Bottom