• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GirlGAF |OT 2| Shall I Compare Thee to a Summer's Eve?

Shiiiiat, I just saw her last few posts. This place can be seriously full of shit. I don't blame her for leaving at all. She looks like she more or less got to the point I did when I was 18-22ish. There was a significant amount of time where I didn't really post at all for having gotten fed up with this place. I like to think it's gotten better I don't know that it really has. Maybe a bit. But my perception is probably shaped by the fact that I avoid the sorts of threads that I know are going to get under my skin. I either don't see the things that would ordinarily make my blood boil or, if I do, I think of those people and this place as the joke they are or can sometimes be.

This place was brutal when I was an awkward teenager. I certainly had my issues, but do any of you remember when I posted as lemurs? I wish I could take back those years of my life.

*sigh* Now I'm depressed. This place can go fuck itself. Not you though, all of you are cool.

And I've been posting here since I was a tweenage girl. I wonder what kind of person I'd be if I was more social in high school/middle school.

Thankfully, I'm a healthier person now. Man I had some issues. :/

cloudwalking

300chf ain't shit to me
And I've been posting here since I was a tweenage girl. I wonder what kind of person I'd be if I was more social in high school/middle school.

Thankfully, I'm a healthier person now. Man I had some issues. :/

God I feel old. I remember those days. ;_; But I always liked you a lot. I remember we used to talk from time to time outside GAF. I'm glad you are doing well nowadays.

Those were different times for sure... has GAF gotten better? I'm not sure. But it definitely has changed, a lot. Also I think the moderation style here has improved a lot since those times, especially in regards to topics about women. However, things still slip through the cracks and I find myself shaking my head more often than not.

I heard it through the grapevine i.e. the confessions thread that we're all guys who are pretending to be women.

Let me be the first to say...

Who wants to sword fight?

I don't know what that is but if it means we can all let loose and let our balls flap in the wind then I'm DTF.

I thought beef was/is a woman.

I need to start playing closer attention.

Edit: I just read the urban dictionary. lol

Ceallach

Smells like fresh rosebuds
I used to pretend to be a dude to avoid vitriol, then I accidentally posted a pic where I was visible in a mirror, lol

Yeah, I remember pretending to be a guy before. Not on gaf but definitely other sites. I was on this game dev forum several years ago where only one of the users was out as a girl, and she got so much undue attention (good and bad). That scared me for a while, but I'm a strong believer in being the change you want to see, so I figured more people who are openly women would help normalize things.

Also the game grumps are my favorite ❤️

I used to pretend to be a dude to avoid vitriol, then I accidentally posted a pic where I was visible in a mirror, lol

I don't post pictures here of me anymore. I even go so far as to make sure any pictures I take of objects like my PC don't have my reflection in the side window. I used to uhhh... post a lot of pictures.

TBH a good part of that is because NeoGAF has grown so much. The last time I posted a picture in the forum someone I know IRL messaged me on Facebook saying "Heeyyyy I saw you on NeoGAF!" There's a lot of dumb stuff I used to post that I'd rather erase from existence let alone have it intermingle with the people I see on a daily basis. It doesn't help that I work with a bunch of nerds :3

I got used to strange people recognizing me, or people recognizing me in strange places because I rode this dyed hair trend for so long and so early. But taking forever or not being able to recognize someone back makes me feel so guilty :O

ishibear

is a goddamn bear
Anyone else pumped for Madam President :D

YES

Just told my little sister how amazing this feels. My first time voting and it's for a female president! In the early 2000's, I was a kid and I just remember thinking this day wouldn't come until I was in my 60's or something.

But here we are 2016 and I'm only in my 20's! Almost unbelievable! 😂

WaffleTaco

Wants to outlaw technological innovation.
I heard it through the grapevine i.e. the confessions thread that we're all guys who are pretending to be women.

Let me be the first to say...

Who wants to sword fight?
Okay...that's such a bizarre thing for anyone to think. Like what does anyone gain from doing that on NeoGaf of all places. Almost everyone assumes everyone is a guy anyway on this forum. I'm not really sure what anyone would gain by pretending to be female.

YES

Just told my little sister how amazing this feels. My first time voting and it's for a female president! In the early 2000's, I was a kid and I just remember thinking this day wouldn't come until I was in my 60's or something.

But here we are 2016 and I'm only in my 20's! Almost unbelievable! 😂
It's really awesome! I'm so happy i could vote in this historic election!

Everyone though I know (including the other PoliSci majors in my class) are just happy for it to be over, including the Prof.

Thinking back on it, I don't recall ever meeting any female GAF posters in-person before. Through webcam sure, back when RealPic used Tinycam, etc. But Not any other method. That's why someone pretending to be a girl on here seems so odd to me.

And I think Devo should be left alone. She has her reasons for not coming back, I'm sure.

ishibear

is a goddamn bear
Like I really don't understand why anyone would pretend to be a woman on here? It's not like you get some secret GAF bonus or anything and we get targeted simply because we post.

Hi Beef! 😊

Jobbs

Banned
I'm kind of nervous that Trump could somehow win and I'll have to listen to that guy's voice for the next four years. I guess the silver lining is that it'd make comedy shows better.

Beef and jobbs were the real girls all along.

Ha. No, I just like the thread and I think the perspective is helpful/interesting. I mostly try to butt out though.

I used to pretend to be a girl pretty frequently in WOW -- About 10 years ago. I mostly played female characters and if anyone assumed I was a girl I wouldn't correct them, and if anyone asked if I was a girl I'd say yes. The reason for this is mostly that it was a way to amuse myself to see how people would treat me differently (and they did), and in the very specific limited context of an MMO the differences were mostly to my benefit. I'd get invited to groups, given items, etc. I realize if I managed to have a girl voice and go on voice chat the harassment side of things would probably have shown up more.

Being a woman gets you like, so many perks on these forums don't it? It's like... how lucky are we to be able to open practically any thread that has anything remotely resembling sex/gender discussion and get a shovel full of shit into our faces. Heaven forbid you make a thread or post in a thread to talk about dating/relationships/sex/being alive/etc. The double standard is insane. You really can't talk about or create a thread about anything that isn't gender neutral if you're a woman on these forums without having an enormous target on your back.

I've sort of grown beyond the point where I would seek life advice from people here. Not counting you guys of course, but in general. I really don't feel the need to become the pin cushion for every mouth breathing permavirgin asshole who wants to take all his pent up aggression against women out on me.

*shifty eyes*

wh...what if i was a spider pretending to be a girl on gaf

what then ; __ ;

B0WJfym.jpg

ishibear

is a goddamn bear
*shifty eyes*

wh...what if i was a spider pretending to be a girl on gaf

what then ; __ ;

and quite excited about your Madam President, yes :>

Omg 😲

What kind of spider? 🤔

Being a woman gets you like, so many perks on these forums don't it? It's like... how lucky are we to be able to open practically any thread that has anything remotely resembling sex/gender discussion and not get a shovel full of shit into our faces.

My exact thought.

And don't forget being called cocky or arrogant if were dare to participate in thread topics we're knowledgeable about.

For these reasons alone, I don't blame women who don't disclose that they are. Not one bit.

Omg 😲

What kind of spider? 🤔

My exact thought.

And don't forget being called cocky or arrogant if were dare to participate in thread topics we're knowledgeable about.

For these reasons alone, I don't blame women who don't disclose that they are. Not one bit.

GIANT HUNTSMAN AUSTRALIAN SPIDER >:D

.... i still pretend im a dude in all online games i play in. gosh im so silly. i forego such perks of being called cocky or arrogant and etc.!!!!

You can't retaliate first! That's just plain attacking!

FURY ROAD SAID I CAN

WITTTTTTTNNNNNNNEEEEEESSSSSSSSS

Ceallach

Smells like fresh rosebuds
It's frustrating. Like there was a thread about navy shit, in particular gunfire support and I tried to lay down exactly the situation, etc and was completely ignored and shut down despite that being my exact fucking job. I am a Fire Controlman.

It's frustrating. Like there was a thread about navy shit, in particular gunfire support and I tried to lay down exactly the situation, etc and was completely ignored and shut down despite that being my exact fucking job. I am a Fire Controlman.

Yeah I have a friend who stopped posting for many reasons, with what you described being one of them. Anytime he tried to chime in, some uninformed poster would chime in with "no you're wrong you don't know about _____" despite that being the field he was trained in.

I tend to stay away from those threads, but jesus christ I can only imagine how infuriating that must be.

Top Bottom