• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GirlGAF |OT 2| Shall I Compare Thee to a Summer's Eve?

WaffleTaco

Wants to outlaw technological innovation.
It's frustrating. Like there was a thread about navy shit, in particular gunfire support and I tried to lay down exactly the situation, etc and was completely ignored and shut down despite that being my exact fucking job. I am a Fire Controlman.
This is how I felt about politics for the past 16 months. I'm so happy that I'm almost done with my major, and I can move on.

Ceallach

Smells like fresh rosebuds
I've not really been paying close attention yet, but is it not true that the only states already called for Trump are solid red and of little significance to the overall map?
Florida Man's state is of significance. VA is also usually a tossup.
Edit: neither of which have been called but are really far red

Jobbs

Banned
Florida Man's state is of significance. VA is also usually a tossup.
Edit: neither of which have been called but are really far red

Florida's not called. They've only been counting the shit counties so far. These things are pretty much all bullshit at this point. You gotta wait until all the important counties are in.

Platy

USELESS TRIVIA

During Brazil's military dictatorship (1964-1985) a rocker wanted to release a song about a kid who climbed the fence of his house and saw 2 women having lesbian sex on their backyard. The music was heavily censored and he had to change the lyrics to "2 women putting their spiders to fight" which was allowed by the censors at first and released in 1980 with the title "Spiders' Rock" (Rock das Aranhas).... but then they saw that "spider" was an obvious metaphor for hairy vaginas and then the censors put "spider" on their list of forbidden words.

So spiders being on girlgaf feels ... kinda right for me xD

Zaphrynn

USELESS TRIVIA

During Brazil's military dictatorship (1964-1985) a rocker wanted to release a song about a kid who climbed the fence of his house and saw 2 women having lesbian sex on their backyard. The music was heavily censored and he had to change the lyrics to "2 women putting their spiders to fight" which was allowed by the censors at first and released in 1980 with the title "Spiders' Rock" (Rock das Aranhas).... but then they saw that "spider" was an obvious metaphor for hairy vaginas and then the censors put "spider" on their list of forbidden words.

So spiders being on girlgaf feels ... kinda right for me xD

Lmao that's amazing.

My friend lives in Florida, and she's hoping to hell it goes blue.

As far as being a girl online: I purposely didn't use my common username when I signed up for this site. I tried to sign up slightly after Gamergate was in full swing, and I know that affected my decision on usernames (gawd I read every single post in both the threads). I also haven't felt comfortable enough to post my photo, and that anonymous confessor cemented my decision for now, lol.

Fun fact: I once had a dude write thinly veiled fanfic about me. It included a Naruto reference, terminal illness, and a literal sword fight with my then-boyfriend. It's magnificent.

I really don't feel comfortable with the words spider and vagina in the same sentence. That's just too close proximity for those two things.

Have any of you ever spotted a spider on the toilet... After you've already sat down?

Nooooooooooooooooope.

I sat on the sidelines for gamergate. What little I know made me confident that it would be better for my blood pressure and faith in humanity to avoid that shit like the plague.

See, that's just really uncalled for.

In all seriousness. I've got anxiety about bugs crawling on me. I'm not even one of those sissy girls who hates insects and spiders in all situations. If my psyche is prepared then I'm pretty good.

It's the unexpected that I fear most.

Confession: I once left a laundry basket filled with clean bras and underwear on the ground in my basement for a few days...

I... I rewashed them. Just to be sure.

Gonna block that pic now.

Media

I heard it through the grapevine i.e. the confessions thread that we're all guys who are pretending to be women.

Let me be the first to say...

Who wants to sword fight?

Man, it's cool that I didn't birth three kids then, cause that shit hurt like a mother fucker.

Also, we don't get periods anymore! Fuck yeah!

I am having serious anxiety right now over the election guys, help.

Ceallach

Smells like fresh rosebuds
So right now the map actually looks really close to how it did in 2012 for Obama. And there are about 100 guaranteed Hillary votes unaccounted for.

Zaphrynn

Man, it's cool that I didn't birth three kids then, cause that shit hurt like a mother fucker.

Also, we don't get periods anymore! Fuck yeah!

I am having serious anxiety right now over the election guys, help.

I honestly had zero worries about this election earlier, but honestly my anxiety is through the roof tonight. I don't want to live in a world where Trump becomes president 😩 I want to believe America is better than this. Please please please.

I'm coping with vodka, weed, and the Colbert Special on Showtime™ tonight.

And I'm from Ohio, and I don't wanna be disappointed in my home state, but I have a feeling I'm totally going to beeeee 😥🍾🍾🍾🍸

Leeness

I'm having anxiety over the election and I'm not even American. I seriously want to cry for you all right now. This is horrifying.

I'm having anxiety over the election and I'm not even American. I seriously want to cry for you all right now. This is horrifying.
I'm always a bit surprised when someone from another country knows a lot about what's going on here because I really don't know shit about who's running in other nations.

NC. Democratic senator lost = *drink***

I feel for you fellow NC resident. Trump took the state too.

Platy

Me too ... but I live in Latin America and a Latin hater has real chance of taking control of the world's biggest war machine =|

Kinsei

Banned

Same. At the very least I hope Trump winning doesn;t inspire an increase in hate crimes like Brexit did in the UK.

I don't see how so many women can vote for him and the few that I've seen on TV voice why they still support him after what he said about women have said some of the dumbest shit I've hear in a while.

Good night y'all.

Hunter S.

Institutionalized sexism is a hell of a thing.
Very likely, still a lot of people just plain hated both candidates and didn't vote. Something that might have been different with a more lickable woman who had not also made a big mistake (the information leaks). We might not find out for a long time as not many well known women have even come close to making it so far politically as her, yet. Nor are there many that have tried at all.

This whole forum is a mess tonight. Smh.

Media

We finally have the answer to the question 'Is America more racist or misogynistic?'

I'm going to lose my insurance coverage.

I'm in a state of utter disbelief.

This is a slap in the face. This country hates women and it hates non whites.

If this election has taught me anything it's that appeals to decency simply do. not. work. Why?

Because over half of Americans have no decency to speak of. So I guess it's 4 years of this rapist, pussy grabbing piece of shit.

tumblr_nuzyllWOzZ1qdxd3qo1_400.gif

Kimaka

Tried to keep it together when my Trump supporting father talked to me about the results. Didn't succeed.

I fucking know that being upset at the results isn't going to change shit, but I can't have one damn moment to be disappointed at this election without him categorizing me as a sore loser who needs to get over it. He can't understand nor want to understand that I am more sadden by this country cosigning racism and misogyny and instead thinks I'm just having some toddler tantrum that my 'team' didn't win.

Sorry, I just needed to vent somewhere. Fuck, I don't even like alcohol and I wish I had a drink.

Platy

Reminds me next time someone comes in a topic saying "BUT RAPE ACCUSATIONS CAN RUIN A MAN'S LIFE" answer that with "yeah, he can become the president"

We finally have the answer to the question 'Is America more racist or misogynistic?'

To be fair the racism against people from the middle east and latin america had a HUGE part on it

Malyse

Those aren't mutually exclusive. One of the main differences is that sexist guilt isn't a thing like white guilt. But yeah, it's a racist sexist country.

----

So! Who else is planning lots of fictional escapism? I'm going to read a lot of comics today (Iron Riri and Mega Princess, save us)

Also, it's raining. Fitting.

Misha

Banned
So! Who else is planning lots of fictional escapism? I'm going to read a lot of comics today (Iron Riri and Mega Princess, save us)

Also, it's raining. Fitting.
Obsidian's new game tyranny comes out tomorrow

Not entirely sure if that would count as escaping though :p

WaffleTaco

Wants to outlaw technological innovation.
I'm so stressed out by this, my face has broken out so bad. Pre-existing conditions won't be covered, marrying another woman will be out of the question, who knows what they will do about kids, plus nothing can get changed again for decades. I can barely think about anything else and I have to the LSAT(Law School Admissions Exam) in a few weeks and Hillary winning was meaning I wouldn't have to think about politics for a few years...now my entire life has changed and I just want to cry and cry.

On the plus side, at least when the first female president does happen, it won't be Clinton, and that's the one consolation I can take away from all this, America deserves a better debut female leader. Looking in from the outside of america and studying the history of both candidates I always said that whoever wins this election, America loses either way. Both sides couldn't have picked worse candidates really.

I think the saddest part is for the elderly ladies who were so excited to see something they could have never even imagined through much of their life and a woman becoming the most powerful person in the world. They may not see that in their lifetime now.
So demoralizing to see her lose to someone so unqualified.

Top Bottom