• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GirlGAF |OT 2| Shall I Compare Thee to a Summer's Eve?

Noooo XD I work at a high-tech engineering / manufacturing company in Melbourne, Australia. But yeah, I go on the factory floor a fair bit, so my shoes get well-trodden very easily.

They are in a sad state though. Maybe it's time for a new pair.

Eek! More aus gaf womens!

My work shoes are utterly hideous, and can only really be described as "orthopedic". They're all greasy too. Yum.

Job update.

My boyfriends friend wants to teach me to program in C# so he can hire me at the company he works for. He's the lead software developer at a company and the #2 in line behind the CEO. It's a pretty big company and this is a pretty enormous opportunity.

What do?

I've never programed anything in my life. He wants to teach me but he has difficulty verbalizing and conceptualizing the fundamentals.

Where should I start? He gave me a copy of Microsoft Visual Studios Ultimate 2012. The world is my oyster.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
Job update.

My boyfriends friend wants to teach me to program in C# so he can hire me at the company he works for. He's the lead software developer at a company and the #2 in line behind the CEO. It's a pretty big company and this is a pretty enormous opportunity.

What do?

I've never programed anything in my life. He wants to teach me but he has difficulty verbalizing and conceptualizing the fundamentals.

Where should I start? He gave me a copy of Microsoft Visual Studios Ultimate 2012. The world is my oyster.

I'm assuming the position is for a junior position?

You should ask in the programming thread: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=475808

NeOak

Job update.

What do?

The best way to get started in C# IMO is using XNA.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/1430218177/?tag=neogaf0e-20

The best way to get started in C# IMO is using XNA.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/1430218177/?tag=neogaf0e-20

No, that's a bad idea since it's game focused.

I don't really know of any resources that do a good job of teaching programming principles and the language. It also seems to be very hard to be hired for a programming position when you do not have any experience programming. I'd try out thenewboston tutorials, which is a pretty quick way to get to something, but I don't really feel it is adequate in explaining the principles.

I'd also try out the programming thread.

The new boston tutorials:

http://thenewboston.org/list.php?cat=15

So... Just a bit of fun. Saw an, ah, interesting ad today. :D

3e1iyl.jpg

Oh, Japan. You embarrass me sometimes a lot.

The part I find weird isn't the cropping or the hand but how she's basically in blow job position with her groom. Or the priest. Whatever.

lower, lower

The part I find weird isn't the cropping or the hand but how she's basically in blow job position with her groom. Or the priest. Whatever.

lower, lower

Foreign basketball player!

lookattheeyebrowlookattheeyebrowlookattheeyebrowlookattheeyebrowlookattheeyebrowlookattheeyebrowlookattheeyebrowvlookattheeyebrowlookattheeyebrowlookattheeyebrowlookattheeyebrowlookattheeyebrowlookattheeyebrowlookattheeyebrowlookattheeyebrowlookattheeyebrowlookattheeyebrowlookattheeyebrowlookattheeyebrow

Foreign basketball player!

lookattheeyebrowlookattheeyebrowlookattheeyebrowlookattheeyebrowlookattheeyebrowlookattheeyebrowlookattheeyebrowvlookattheeyebrowlookattheeyebrowlookattheeyebrowlookattheeyebrowlookattheeyebrowlookattheeyebrowlookattheeyebrowlookattheeyebrowlookattheeyebrowlookattheeyebrowlookattheeyebrowlookattheeyebrow

Or the hair. Really it looks like they just took hair/bonnet from another picture and pasted it on.

There is no unseeing it. Both of you are doomed. Youarealreadydead.gif

Even her sideburn is orangey... It is all a bit odd. Every. Single. Bit.

The eyebrow and sidehair are part of the original picture. For whatever reason the hair/headband were added later in an editing program. No idea why but check how sharp and saturated they are compared to the rest.

leadbelly

Banned
I think it is a next-generation super realistic wife doll. And you can buy it outside the church in a giant vending machine. It comes fully installed with two laptop batteries and a remote control. Its features include, walk, sit, wave, along with an awesome dance mode where her eyes flash red and green and Jpop comes out of a speaker in her back. She also comes with 5000 preset Japanese phrases.

I think the wedding is taking place in a special anti-gravity chamber because the rings appear to be floating.

And I fully believe everything I just said because... Japan!

Anyone else suffer from "WTF just happened shopping"? That condition where you enter a store with something concrete in mind and emerge with everything but what you came in for and scratching your head? I swear they do something sinister with an invisible beam to scramble your brains... :p

Emitan

Anyone else suffer from "WTF just happened shopping"? That condition where you enter a store with something concrete in mind and emerge with everything but what you came in for and scratching your head? I swear they do something sinister with an invisible beam to scramble your brains... :p

dJQEb.png

Pfffft.

I am thinking of taking some kind of tailoring/altering course, though. Partly out of enthusiasm and intellectual interest, and partly because it will save me a not-insubstantial amount of money.

That sounds like a good idea actually. I'd really like to build up those kind of practical skills as well. Let me know if you find anywhere decent :p

Top Bottom