• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GirlGAF |OT 2| Shall I Compare Thee to a Summer's Eve?

A.E Suggs

There's a difference between sex appeal and realistic immersion. Like let's be honest, is the military in the Halo universe going to make (or let an AI choose) a naked female form to give its spartan directions? Or in better comparisons, rpgs, the male characters are in full body armor while the females have their cleavage, mid drifts and thighs exposed. Despite the arguments that it's "just fiction anyway", this never applies to the male designs.

Sorry for the late reply, seeing as others have already covered I guess the best answer I could probably give i'll leave it at that. I agree its not fair when it comes to the armor thing, but that probably has to do with it being harder to sexualize a male character without them being labled as gay/not manly enough.

I honestly think that'll start to change now with the gay rights movement and the fact that playgirl seems to sell more to gays now it seems. I think they'll start to sexual male character more along with females because there's money to be made.

Platy

Forgot how much jerseys make for great nightgowns.

Once in a while I go all "I live in a fucking tropical country !" and try to sleep with one.

...wich usualy leads to me waking up in the middel of the nght to get something warmer =x

Surely you of all people could appreciate such highly stylized artwork. *scoffs*

There is a HUGE diference of style and "I don't know what i'm doing"

Inanna

Not pure anymore!
Lol so normal woman don't dress slutty...okay, I mean sluts are still normal people to you don't know how they ended up the way they did. Also depending on the country and timeline anything could be seen as normal. 25 years from now woman not wearing a shirt might be as normal as a guy not wearing it. Also souls character models are without personality all of them so it doesn't count but i'll give you Mirrors edge not ME2 either because they are all generic looking people to.

ME2 = Mirror's Edge 2... Did I have to explain this especially after Billie's post?

Real life slutty women don't really dress like video game slutty women, and there is a difference. I know guys want them to dress like that but it's never going to happen thankfully, real women have more class than that.

Samara

Forgot how much jerseys make for great nightgowns.

This is how go to sleep sometimes. sexay
1.png

Oh, the thing I don't like about how guys brought up the "Dr. Manhattan"'s nudity when I frown about girls' general lack of clothings in media is that they dont realise that his bare figure is not often sexualized in its representation.

How often have I seen bouncing boobs or thrusting ass to the screen with female poses, and how often have I seen Dr. Manhattan's suggestive curves being presented seductively?

The numbers aren't even close.

(Having said that, I don't mind Cortana's design, cuz she was naked from the get go. Bear in mind, though, that I don't think of her highly, in terms of character strength from a series. Dr. Halsey FTW.)

(sorry if tangent T__T, new to community threads, and all that)

A.E Suggs

ME2 = Mirror's Edge 2... Did I have to explain this especially after Billie's post?

Real life slutty women don't really dress like video game slutty women, and there is a difference. I know guys want them to dress like that but it's never going to happen thankfully, real women have more class than that.

Yeah you did and no I don't want real life woman to dress like video game woman, have you've seen real life cammy's? No thank you! The transistions for most fictional costumes just don't work in real life male or female.

Either way you could argue real one's dress more or less worst in different area's but what'evs its not important. If no one else has nothing to add i'm all for dropping the this cause it'll never end.

Oh, the thing I don't like about how guys brought up the "Dr. Manhattan"'s nudity when I frown about girls' general lack of clothings in media is that they dont realise that his bare figure is not often sexualized in its representation.
I don't think guys had a problem with him but the guy is nude to the core I mean really nude and that's the problem they had with him. As far as I've seen the majority of comics go as close as they get to nude for female is visible tits and not the vagina area. If you look at the original concept of Dr M he had a pretty good dick and i'm sad they didn't use it at the time :(.

Today, Google Ads popped up with a Saks Fifth Avenue shoe sale featuring a Jimmy Choo design.

So I spent an hour looking at Jimmy Choos and Louboutins with sincere wanting.

I still want pretty shoes.

Inanna

Not pure anymore!
Yeah you did

Damn dude, your attention span is worse than a wee wittle bird.

Not, I didn't. mentioned ME2 in the same sentence as Mirror's Edge and that ME2 needs to happen as in it hasn't happened it = Mirror's Edge 2 NOT Mass Effect 2. Mass Effect 2 came out A LONG ASS time ago. :|

To be fair, I wasn't doing anything else of consequence at the time.

And, I'd like to think I have a fairly good attention span to look at shoes for an hour, and then still want them hours later.

Inanna :>;;;; awkward english is awkward

Devo, I hate heels too. But ngl, I am starting to love how they look on my feet. Stupid image-brainwashed eyes.

I have flat feet, bad knees, and lower back issues as a result of sports injuries. But a well-constructed pair of heels? They don't make any of that worse. And they make me look good. So I go for it.

As long as I'm not walking far. Then it's flats or runners.

I like heels, they make my legs look nice ~ I have awful weak ankles though, so I always wobble about in them. Lol.

How often have I seen bouncing boobs or thrusting ass to the screen with female poses, and how often have I seen Dr. Manhattan's suggestive curves being presented seductively?

The numbers aren't even close.

(Having said that, I don't mind Cortana's design, cuz she was naked from the get go. Bear in mind, though, that I don't think of her highly, in terms of character strength from a series. Dr. Halsey FTW.)

(sorry if tangent T__T, new to community threads, and all that)

Dr manhattan is the only male character in Hollywood I can think of with full frontal nudity. Boobs are a dime a dozen, but dicks are still so off limits - and never sexualised when they are shown. Even true blood, which has shown all variety of lady bits, has never shown a naked man from the front. Are they just considered unattractive? I don't understand why penises in media are less okay than vaginas.

><

Dr manhattan is the only male character in Hollywood I can think of with full frontal nudity. Boobs are a dime a dozen, but dicks are still so off limits - and never sexualised when they are shown. Even true blood, which has shown all variety of lady bits, has never shown a naked man from the front. Are they just considered unattractive? I don't understand why penises in media are less okay than vaginas.

><

I know exactly what you're feeling shanshan~ It's full of ARGH.

True Blood showed first penis in the last season btw! The dude looked super uncomfortable though. Idk. He shouldn't be. Women's bodies have been stripped and bared and objectified for a long time to the umpteenth degree, I say. But when men's bodies are represented in the mainstream media, it's always with trepidation and a kind of patriarchal reverence.

aaaack, dont get me started~ XD;

Inanna

Not pure anymore!
To be fair, I wasn't doing anything else of consequence at the time.

And, I'd like to think I have a fairly good attention span to look at shoes for an hour, and then still want them hours later.

Oh no, it wasn't directed at you, I should probably quote the person it was directed at. :p

A.E Suggs

I hate heels.
Hate them because of pain or just hate them hate them. My sis used to hate them for a number of reasons but wore them because she liked the shoes.

I like heels, they make my legs look nice ~ I have awful weak ankles though, so I always wobble about in them. Lol.
Sounds just like my sister expect she was as tall as me, well taller when in heels and i'm 6'1. Probably the real reason why she did it.

Are they just considered unattractive? I don't understand why penises in media are less okay than vaginas.

Shouldn't you be able to answer that? I guess by me being bi-sexual I could try to answer that but I don't even know how to answer that. I'll say this though dicks or vaginas aren't really attractive to me unless its during sex, if its not during that I'd rather not see either especially ugly dicks yuck!

Oh no, it wasn't directed at you, I should probably quote the person it was directed at. :p

Me right? Look I know you were talking about Mirrors edge and not mass effect 2 man :p. The quote wasn't directed at that at all. Sigh I quote to much I think i'm gonna take a break for awhile.

Lafiel

と呼ぶがよい
It's possible, that it has something to do with the homophobia in our culture. I mean you have plenty of dudes who act awkward whenever full-frontal male nudity is shown in media because of insecurity, but you never see the same thing with woman and female nudity.:p

Al-ibn Kermit

I just learned how to put on make-up from some acting friends, it's a pretty sickening process. GREASE PAINT

Not, I didn't. mentioned ME2 in the same sentence as Mirror's Edge and that ME2 needs to happen as in it hasn't happened it = Mirror's Edge 2 NOT Mass Effect 2. Mass Effect 2 came out A LONG ASS time ago. :|

I have no idea what you're talking about but ME2 is heavily rumored to come out sometime soon. It's been heavily rumored since 2009 though.

><

Not a fair comparison, the MOST they would ever show on one of those HBO shows is bush, you don't really see the actual vagina. With penis, you can't really hide behind pubic hair unless it's extremely small.

I think most actors would feel a little self-conscious about their size/rigidity on screen.

Leeness

I can't walk in heels. They might look nice on me, but I'd be on the floor, on my face, before anyone could look at my legs and evaluate. :p

I got a weird relationship with heels. I love how they look, I love how they make me look, I love how they make other women look and I got a fetish, but those things tend to be forgotten some minutes after starting to walk.

To be fair I like the very high ones.

I find that many women my age seem to think that they can get away with buying the cheap heels, and that they'll be fine.

It's the cheap heels that are really hard to walk in, that really hurt your ankles, knees, and hips, and that crunch the bones in your feet. A properly constructed heel that fits your foot properly won't hurt for standard, around the office use - unless you're trying to run a 5K.

Loona

as opposed to actresses and breasts...?

With breasts, someone's clothed sillouette sort of hints at a size, they don't look that different from woman to woman in most cases, although there are ways to pad or de-emphasize that.

With penises, whomever shows his on screen is getting his size (and possibly hairiness) scrutinized due the the rarity of the display.

Indirectly, this brings to mind Tom Cruise's height - apparently he's kind of a short guy, even if he was quite popular for a number of years. Most of his appearances try to disguise his actual weight with all sorts of camera tricks. Now apply that reluctance to reveal a relatively "public" measurement to a rather private one, even for someone popular enough that you wouldn't expect him to care that much, and things get (more) awkward.

Leeness

Welp, that was exciting. Went to school, pipe bomb evacuation. It cancelled my class so I waited around to hear it go off. Haha.

Edit: RCMP, lol, way to be. It was a regular pipe, not explosive. They sent in a bomb robot and blew part of it up anyway.

Second hand embarrassment.

Dom Brunt

Welp, that was exciting. Went to school, pipe bomb evacuation. It cancelled my class so I waited around to hear it go off. Haha.

Edit: RCMP, lol, way to be. It was a regular pipe, not explosive. They sent in a bomb robot and blew part of it up anyway.

Second hand embarrassment.

Haha wow. But it's a good thing it wasn't an actual bomb though.

I think penises are kinda cute when they're flaccid. But I'm weird. :p

I like'em half mast and confused. It's like a hairless baby ferret! :p

Speaking of shoes, I was visiting (oh god) the forums on Purseblog and most of the posters are really bad with spelling and have no internet etiquette like reading 5 posts above you instead of asking the same question again. And everyone has a lady boner for Louboutins and 4 inchers, the ratio of heels to flats threads is 5:1 and gAHHH.

Leeness

BOOO. BOOOOOOOOOOOOOO. I hate customer service jobs, y'all. Hate them.

A couple of days ago, I had two jobs! Now I have none. Awesome.

Edit: If you're around, Anti, come online! :)

I find that many women my age seem to think that they can get away with buying the cheap heels, and that they'll be fine.

It's the cheap heels that are really hard to walk in, that really hurt your ankles, knees, and hips, and that crunch the bones in your feet. A properly constructed heel that fits your foot properly won't hurt for standard, around the office use - unless you're trying to run a 5K.
There's a joke to be made here, but I'm too lazy.

All these talks about heels made me sad about the state of my current work shoes. these are not even two years old pair:

(they are very bad and may cause appetite to disappear)
1 2

(bear in mind i work at a manufacturing company)

Top Bottom