• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GirlGAF |OT 2| Shall I Compare Thee to a Summer's Eve?

leadbelly

Banned
Anyone else suffer from "WTF just happened shopping"? That condition where you enter a store with something concrete in mind and emerge with everything but what you came in for and scratching your head? I swear they do something sinister with an invisible beam to scramble your brains... :p

I have 'WTF just happened' moments virtually every day. Every day!

Nah. So many years ago, I was in the Chinese takeaway. I looked out of the window and there was a man and woman dressed in nothing but their underwear. The woman was holding a chain which was attached to a collar around the man's neck. They obviously went to the shop because they came back with a pint of milk. lol

They went to the shop, bought a pint of milk, and went straight back to whatever it was they were doing.

I tend to have lists to prevent that from happening, but some times it still happens, especially with clothes where I'm more vague in what exactly I'm looking for.

dJQEb.png
Man, I must be the only person in the world who has a Steam and yet has never bought things from a Steam sale.

cloudwalking

300chf ain't shit to me
Anyone else suffer from "WTF just happened shopping"? That condition where you enter a store with something concrete in mind and emerge with everything but what you came in for and scratching your head? I swear they do something sinister with an invisible beam to scramble your brains... :p

This happens to me all the time at Ikea. I mostly go there to buy accessories and I'll go there with something really specific in mind, like "new pillows" but I'll walk out of the store with not only pillows, but a few new power strips, a vase, a new houseplant, a new blanket, a kitchen gadget, a mat, new mixing bowls, new towels, a new lamp, etc... Since they make you walk past all that stuff and it's so cheap, I just can't say no to any of it :(

Inanna

Not pure anymore!
I never have my mind set when I'm going for clothes, shows or make-up shopping. I just go browse through stuff and get whatever I think would look ok on me. And then there are times when my sister gets me stuff without my input but her taste is somewhat similar to mine so I like whatever she gets me, most of the time anyway. She does like a lot more colourful stuff though, I like more muted colours. Well, except for red, I go all out with red dress shirts/Ts/tops/dresses I just love wearing red! I won't wear red trousers though, those look tacky as hell.

Platy

So far this only happened in book stores .... bonus points if it has artbooks, since as an art student who is a nerd game addicted, they are like the best of all worlds =x

Bookdepository is the main reason why I actualy BROKE my international credit card because I didn't wanted to be insanely poor but flooded in artbooks

Kisaya

This happens to me all the time at Ikea. I mostly go there to buy accessories and I'll go there with something really specific in mind, like "new pillows" but I'll walk out of the store with not only pillows, but a few new power strips, a vase, a new houseplant, a new blanket, a kitchen gadget, a mat, new mixing bowls, new towels, a new lamp, etc... Since they make you walk past all that stuff and it's so cheap, I just can't say no to any of it :(

Memorize the shortcuts and you'll save so much money
omg I'm not supposed to be saying this >.<

Leeness

So far this only happened in book stores .... bonus points if it has artbooks, since as an art student who is a nerd game addicted, they are like the best of all worlds =x

Bookdepository is the main reason why I actualy BROKE my international credit card because I didn't wanted to be insanely poor but flooded in artbooks

Yep. Bookstores are horrible for me. I walk in with the intention of just browsing...end up walking out with at least $50 worth of stuff. And the worst part is that I have a Kindle and am too lazy to read physical books now! So the physical books I buy end up on the shelf and I end up re-buying them on my kindle. :lol

I was only supposed to buy a few comic books this summer, and ended up spending 200-300 dollars worth. Really if I dont put it on a list I tend to go a little excessive.

Yep. Bookstores are horrible for me. I walk in with the intention of just browsing...end up walking out with at least $50 worth of stuff. And the worst part is that I have a Kindle and am too lazy to read physical books now! So the physical books I buy end up on the shelf and I end up re-buying them on my kindle. :lol

I spend only $50 in a bookstore if I don't buy any books.

The worst place for me by far is Sephora, followed by Shoppers (for you non-canucks, it's the Canadian equivalent of Boots or Duane Reade/Walgreens.)

Then it's Kitchen stores, then it's Bookstores.

At least the latter two I have to have a purpose to go in, in the first place. Cosmetics? I could always use a new mascara or hand lotion or lip balm.

Osietra

Banned
I told someone on here I was 101% serious about gentlemanly intentions for romancings and poetry.

And now she's in love with me. How can I let her down, without hurting her feelings.

My tastes are pretty narrow in colors, clothes, jewelry (and I rarely buy shit for myself outside of tech or school stuff I need) so if I see something that's basically what I want it's sometimes a must buy.

Yep. Bookstores are horrible for me. I walk in with the intention of just browsing...end up walking out with at least $50 worth of stuff. And the worst part is that I have a Kindle and am too lazy to read dti physical books now! So the physical books I buy end up on the shelf and I end up re-buying them on my kindle. :lol
<3
I end up selling or donating my physical books. I still buy too many damn books at stores though.

Leeness

Am I the only person who still buys regular books these days?

Honestly, I just love the smell of the pages.

I do and that's why I keep buying them...

But I only read at night before I fall asleep and having a light on generally means I fall asleep with the light on, so I never read physical books anymore, haha.

Lucian Cat

Kissed a mod for a tag; liked it
Maybe all my boots just happen to have very long heels, but it is sometimes uncomfortable and can devolve into downright painful after a while.

For situations like this you need heels that come off quickly. Nothing better than walking home after a night out carrying your boots and walking barefoot.

Or maybe I just haven't worn heels long enough to be painful?

The ones you posted earlier are just wee baby heels.

http://www.shoeluxe.com/PhotoDetails.asp?ShowDESC=N&ProductCode=DEMONIA-SLUSH-249-BOOT-B

These give off the air that they're huge but they so comfy.

Never buy these
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/ws/eBayIS...9954&item=120987627959&lgeo=1&vectorid=229508

Sooooooo, ripped my pants yesterday. I was just minding my own business when I had to step over the dog gate for the puppy and riiiiiiiiiip. Terrible. These were nice jeans too. Shopping for jeans are annoying as well. I think I will just go out and get the same pair. Make it easy on me. If I go any bigger in size, I will get bacon waist when I wear a belt which I hate #FirstWorldProblems

Solid day at the gym though. Still haven't been eating nearly enough but question for you guys, I know it isn't necessary but have any of you tried a weight/mass gainer powder? Kinda want to go that route to make things a bit easier for me. Just been really busy these past few months =/

edit: totally the wrong thread....

Sooooooo, ripped my pants yesterday. I was just minding my own business when I had to step over the dog gate for the puppy and riiiiiiiiiip. Terrible. These were nice jeans too. Shopping for jeans are annoying as well. I think I will just go out and get the same pair. Make it easy on me. If I go any bigger in size, I will get bacon waist when I wear a belt which I hate #FirstWorldProblems

Solid day at the gym though. Still haven't been eating nearly enough but question for you guys, I know it isn't necessary but have any of you tried a weight/mass gainer powder? Kinda want to go that route to make things a bit easier for me. Just been really busy these past few months =/

I'm disappointed there wasn't a post directed to this thread on FitnessGAF as well.

Platy

Might be because I was big before puberty ... but I hate high heels with a passion =|

Specialy those stilleto ones ... they look they will break at any moment and then ><

But then again i was never a person with a good sense of fashion =P

That edit saved me xD

I was like "wow ! we have a weightlifting girl on gaf ! Talk about a diverse community!"

...because I can't think of any girl who would otherwise use a "weight/mass gainer powder" =x
And I know 5 girls who are underweight to the point they feel bad because they can't donate blood and other more serious problems related to being underweight =P

I'm disappointed there wasn't a post directed to this thread on FitnessGAF as well.

figured the copy pasta is easier =P

That edit saved me xD

I was like "wow ! we have a weightlifting girl on gaf ! Talk about a diverse community!"

...because I can't think of any girl who would otherwise use a "weight/mass gainer powder" =x
And I know 5 girls who are underweight to the point they feel bad because they can't donate blood and other more serious problems related to being underweight =P

More women should get into it. It is beneficial to everyone!

Inanna

Not pure anymore!
I prefer Tennant and Eccleston over Smith, he goes a bit over the top sometimes, Tennant does too sometimes but he is just too damn adorable. :p

Also, not liking heels doesn't mean you have no fashion sense.

Matt Smith is the only Dr. Who I can stand. That and I have a huge crush on Karen Gillan.

Karen Gillan's good looks cannot save her. She's ruining the show D: There's way way waaay too much drama with her and Rory, and I stopped caring about it a long time ago. I like Matt Smith a lot, but I have trouble watching his seasons because of her :s David Tennant definitely had the best episodes. I feel like a lot of the newer episodes are going for big shock/squeal moments for fans, but there just isn't the build up to those moments like there used to be.

Leeness

Just did my first Zumba class! So much fun. Has anyone else tried Zumba?

I don't have the money to go every week, since I don't even have a job (haha... :() but every once in a while :D

Just did my first Zumba class! So much fun. Has anyone else tried Zumba?

I don't have the money to go every week, since I don't even have a job (haha... :() but every once in a while :D

Zumba is insanely fun... and also embarrassing. I guess its one of my guilty pleasures -_-

Top Bottom