• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GirlGAF |OT 2| Shall I Compare Thee to a Summer's Eve?

Got a fortuitous windfall and decided to be responsible and buy clothes (because that's totally a hardship. But seriously, I need to change out my wardrobe so I'm not wearing all the stuff I bought in my early 20s.)

Picked up these great buys (on sale~)

http://www.shabbyapple.com/p-1625-golden-afternoon.aspx
http://www.shabbyapple.com/p-1410-caterpillar-skirt.aspx
http://www.shabbyapple.com/p-1193-ca-bronzite-pp.aspx

If you guys like clothing in classic styles, I recommend this shop! So far I've bought three dresses and a skirt and I've loved all of it.
You need to visit my favorite site:http://www.modcloth.com there is a huge sale going on called the seasonal sale, with things 50% off. I've bought six shoes, a dress and a skirt. The They keep adding more things every few hours...I'm going to be poor :( the sale ends Sunday at midnight pacific time. Plus there's a cyber Monday surprise sale... Again, I'm going to not buy anything for months after this...

Pau

Anyone who hooks me up with someone cute is the bestest of friends ~3~
One of these days we're gonna chill and you'll meet all my cute single friends. Shame hurricane Sandy got in the way of that!

You need to visit my favorite site:http://www.modcloth.com there is a huge sale going on called the seasonal sale, with things 50% off. I've bought six shoes, a dress and a skirt. The They keep adding more things every few hours...I'm going to be poor :( the sale ends Sunday at midnight pacific time. Plus there's a cyber Monday surprise sale... Again, I'm going to not buy anything for months after this...
Oh no. First the Steam sales, then the Amazon PS Vita deal, now this? D: I've been dying to get a one piece bathing suit from them for ages... it's not on sale though. I guess that's a good thing for my wallet, right? :(

One of these days we're gonna chill and you'll meet all my cute single friends. Shame hurricane Sandy got in the way of that!

Oh no. First the Steam sales, then the Amazon PS Vita deal, now this? D: I've been dying to get a one piece bathing suit from them for ages... it's not on sale though. I guess that's a good thing for my wallet, right? :(

I want the one piece so badly! Their clothes are so cute, but you can always find it cheaper somewhere else.

Pau

Yeah, I've never gotten anything online because of that. If my experience in stores is any indication, I'd be sending back about 90% of what I order.

I want the one piece so badly! Their clothes are so cute, but you can always find it cheaper somewhere else.
Where should I look for cheaper prices? I'm a complete mess when it comes to shopping for clothing. :p I've only ever seen a one piece suit like those in store once; it was on a mannequin and they didn't have any instock. Can't even remember the store.

My mom got her unidentifying biological parental info. So her side is Italian/Scottish and she has a bunch of half-siblings running around. I wonder if they know about her. One is a sister 3 1/2 years older and a couple of brothers/sisters who are probably older.

Her birth mother's first husband died (not the birth father). She started having an affair was going to marry this dude when he divorced his wife. Wife found out though. Plans fell through. They wanted to raise her but felt she'd be better off being adopted. Also for some reason the name given on her original birth certificate isn't her actual birth father.

The 3/12 old half sister is her bio mom's and the twins (brothers) and other sister were from her dad's marriage (we're assuming.) Birth mom was 24, he was 34. She was telephone operator and he served in the Navy for 9 years.

It's a lot to take in, my mom is just floored lol. This is the info at processing too, so my mother could have even more siblings.

So, I apologize for this potentially stupid question, but I've never dealt with this before, and I thought this might be a good place to ask.

One of the downside to red hair is that the color can fade depending on a variety of situations. I think having my hair longer + natural change over time + California air/sun (at least, I blame California!) have my hair currently looking a bit weaker in the red department than I'd like. (In some light, I look like more of a light brunette.)

I've never given the idea consideration before, but how do hair coloring products work if you're just looking to enhance your natural color? I've dyed my hair drastic colors a few times just for fun, and I don't want to do anything along the lines of going fake red. Are there things that you can buy that are based around just making your natural color a little bolder/whatever, or am I crazy in thinking that such things exist?

In my experience, doing a deep conditioning glaze and using products meant for red hair help tremendously. Also, there are hair products meant to protect hair from UV. The glaze just adds a lot of dimension and shine to your natural color and aveda has some amazing products for natural and dyed red hair.

mollipen

In my experience, doing a deep conditioning glaze and using products meant for red hair help tremendously. Also, there are hair products meant to protect hair from UV. The glaze just adds a lot of dimension and shine to your natural color and aveda has some amazing products for natural and dyed red hair.

Part of my problems is that my hair is so curly that I have to use specific shampoo/conditioner/gel products to keep it from being a total mess, so I got away from using the "for redheads" line that I was using before.

I definitely think it'll do me good to talk to my stylist next time I see her.

Inanna

Not pure anymore!
$25 for a hat? Damn, those websites are bloody expensive! If I'm going to fork out that much money, I'd rather buy it off high end shops after trying the hell out of them than from some online shop!

I wouldn't go over £40 (per item) if I'm shopping online, and there are quite a few mid range shops around where I live that do amazing stuff, once in a while I go crazy and get stuff from Burberry or other high end stores but most of the time I don't spend too much on clothes. Can't imagine spending 100+ on skirts and dresses.

iirate

Cold weather doesn't agree with me and I'm normally sick around this time of the year, but I'm somehow still going strong this time. My roommates and several coworkers even got sick around the same time not long ago and I escaped unscathed.

Refreshing considering how many Thanksgiving dinners I have spent sweating out a fever or suffering a stomach virus in my room.

Stomach flu AND I just started my period. Huzzah.

My dog kept trying to jump up and lay on my sick belly. Which was pretty uncomfortable at the time. My boyfriend kept peeling her off of me but she kept escaping his grasp every chance she got so she could sit on me.

It got to a point where I just needed the snug so I let her stay. Made me a little emotional. She can tell I'm a sick butt and she wants to comfort me.

Gravijah

Apparently she changed her email and is now semi banned because she can't log in or something?

that happened to me and a few other people across multiple providers. AT&T, Comcast, etc. it doesn't always seem to send the confirmation email thing. can she not switch back to the old email?

Stomach flu AND I just started my period. Huzzah.

My dog kept trying to jump up and lay on my sick belly. Which was pretty uncomfortable at the time. My boyfriend kept peeling her off of me but she kept escaping his grasp every chance she got so she could sit on me.

It got to a point where I just needed the snug so I let her stay. Made me a little emotional. She can tell I'm a sick butt and she wants to comfort me.

I'm on my period too. We e-synchronized.

A.E Suggs

that happened to me and a few other people across multiple providers. AT&T, Comcast, etc. it doesn't always seem to send the confirmation email thing. can she not switch back to the old email?

AH! there's a name that would make one fear internet service providers.

leadbelly

Banned
Just tie a few cats to it. It could also work as a self-defence measure.

Spin around and unleash the wrath of the mighty-spinning-cat-claw. Watch them run off in pain from their facial wounds. It would probably become inflamed and irritable for many hours.

I know all about it from when I was a kid and wound up a cat once. It's not only painful it makes you scratch for ages. Don't judge me! I was young and inexperienced in the ways of life. :(

Pau

I hate getting haircuts. I have a young face so no matter what I always look 15 and terrible. Doesn't help that my "beard" has patches where no hair grows. :|
I can relate. Well, to the looking 15 thing. Not the beard patches.

Speaking of hair, has anyone here donated theirs? I'm thinking about growing it out a bit more and then chopping most of it off. They collect at least 10 inches from what I've seen online so if I were to cut it now it'd be a bit above my jawline... I've never had hair shorter than just below my shoulders. D: No idea if it'd look good but after about twenty years I'm kind of tired of it.

Zoe

I can't donate my hair cause it's too gray.

If you decide to donate, be sure to research the best organization for you. People have a lot of misconceptions about Locks of Love. From everything I've read, Pantene's program is better.

leadbelly

Banned
I can relate. Well, to the looking 15 thing. Not the beard patches.

Speaking of hair, has anyone here donated theirs? I'm thinking about growing it out a bit more and then chopping most of it off. They collect at least 10 inches from what I've seen online so if I were to cut it now it'd be a bit above my jawline... I've never had hair shorter than just below my shoulders. D: No idea if it'd look good but after about twenty years I'm kind of tired of it.

You know, I'm completely ignorant of the world of hair donation. What or whom are you donating it to?

Haha that SO amount topic is very depressing to me. Sigh. Oh well.

The one about how many people your so has slept with? Why? :( I almost posted in it. I'm pretty experienced while I'm sort of my boyfriend's first. I sometimes worry that he will want to experience more people as we get older :( (he's 25 in January and I'm 26)

Leeness

The one about how many people your so has slept with? Why? :( I almost posted in it. I'm pretty experienced while I'm sort of my boyfriend's first. I sometimes worry that he will want to experience more people as we get older :( (he's 25 in January and I'm 26)

No one wants to sleep with virgins/they're boring, etc. lol.

I know it's true and I basically don't ever want to sleep with anyone anyway, but still depressing to see. Oh well. I'm going for 80 year old virgin in any case lol.

No one wants to sleep with virgins/they're boring, etc. lol.

I know it's true and I basically don't ever want to sleep with anyone anyway, but still depressing to see. Oh well. I'm going for 80 year old virgin in any case lol.

Eh, my boyfriend was pretty much a Virginia (my iPhone autocorrected me and its too good not to use) an it was the best sex I've ever had easily and I've messed around woth my share of men.

Leeness

Eh, my boyfriend was pretty much a Virginia (my iPhone autocorrected me and its too good not to use) an it was the best sex I've ever had easily and I've messed around woth my share of men.

Lol Virginia excellent.

I guess it's different for men and women.

But yeah, I mean, like I said, pretty much gonna be a nun, but it's still depressing to see. Haha.

I guess that's what happens when you're 25 and scared of men lol. Get too old to start.

Lol Virginia excellent.

I guess it's different for men and women.

But yeah, I mean, like I said, pretty much gonna be a nun, but it's still depressing to see. Haha.

I guess that's what happens when you're 25 and scared of men lol. Get too old to start.

Aw leen :( men are just like girls except with a dick, just need to find the right guy :[

Leeness

Aw leen :( men are just like girls except with a dick, just need to find the right guy :[

Haha.

It's like, most men already think I'm ugly, so if I ever did want to start being normal, half the men think I'm ugly and the other half are like "lol virgin". Welp.

But yeah. Oh well I guess. I made my choice to be afraid of men, so it's cool.

Top Bottom