• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GirlGAF |OT 2| Shall I Compare Thee to a Summer's Eve?

Haha.

It's like, most men already think I'm ugly, so if I ever did want to start being normal, half the men think I'm ugly and the other half are like "lol virgin". Welp.

But yeah. Oh well I guess. I made my choice to be afraid of men, so it's cool.

I felt the same way about myself for a long time :( but instead I would have emotionaless sex to feel pretty. You'll definitely meet someone one day! If you're ever in Boston, we should have a girls only night :)

Also, belle was my favorite princess growing up. She had brown hair and hazel eyes like me and she loved to read! Now shes tied with rapunzel (i had parent issues sort of weirdly similar to hers) and tiana is in second place

Haha.

It's like, most men already think I'm ugly, so if I ever did want to start being normal, half the men think I'm ugly and the other half are like "lol virgin". Welp.

I really find that hard to believe about your looks. Your pics tell a very different story.

Leeness

I felt the same way about myself for a long time :( but instead I would have emotionaless sex to feel pretty. You'll definitely meet someone one day! If you're ever in Boston, we should have a girls only night :)

Also, belle was my favorite princess growing up. She had brown hair and hazel eyes like me and she loved to read! Now shes tied with rapunzel (i had parent issues sort of weirdly similar to hers) and tiana is in second place

Girls night! Haha.

Belle. <3 I agree about Rapunzel too! I love her :)

I really find that hard to believe about your looks. Your pics tell a very different story.

I dunno what to tell you man. Lol.

Ezalc

Eh, my boyfriend was pretty much a Virginia (my iPhone autocorrected me and its too good not to use) an it was the best sex I've ever had easily and I've messed around woth my share of men.

Man being a state must be awesome.

Oh c'mon now.

@hair donation thing: You can't donate gray hair?

Haha.

But yeah. Oh well I guess. I made my choice to be afraid of men, so it's cool.
If it's not one thing, it's the other. Don't sweat it.

image.php

image.php

I'm hoping these princess avatars are ironic. >_>

You have to come with me :(

And Femmeworth, we're allowed to like Disney Princesses un-ironically.
I've always loved disney princesses! I loved Aesop fables as a child, now I read fables (the comic) and watch once upon a time. I actually want to do some paintings about fables in general, but its not something I can work on at the moment (working on sculpture portfolio for grad school ).

Iph

Banned
Love the logo's colour scheme. ;)

The sites for exact/better fitting bra's alone make this thread an insta-subscribe. I have an awful time finding comfortable, supportive bras. hail gaf :3

Leeness

I can't help but think of my best friend when I see Belle. She LOVES Beauty & the Beast.

Beauty and the Beast is my favourite film. :) First movie I saw in theatres, first Disney film, and got me addicted to animation, despite the fact that I don't do it anymore haha.

We'll make a group trip and we'll woo you to dance with the 3 hottest guys.

I'm sure Devo will come as well.

Hurrah. Someday, this shall be.

Edit: InfiniteNine as well. Haha.

I've always loved disney princesses! I loved Aesop fables as a child, now I read fables (the comic) and watch once upon a time. I actually want to do some paintings about fables in general, but its not something I can work on at the moment (working on sculpture portfolio for grad school ).

Once Upon a Time is so fun haha.

What are you taking in grad school? Sculpture or general arts or...?

Beauty and the Beast is my favourite film. :) First movie I saw in theatres, first Disney film, and got me addicted to animation, despite the fact that I don't do it anymore haha.

What are your feelings on Gaston? Because said friend hates how he treats Beast, but also thinks Gaston's song is one of the best in the movie.

And I had no idea you used to do animation. What kind of animation stuff did you used to do?

I wanna go! o:
You can come, of course.

Hurrah. Someday, this shall be.

Edit: InfiniteNine as well. Haha.
But no going back at the last moment, huh?

If we're doing this it's as a bachelorette party for you. We'll go with GirlGAF shirts or something.

What are your feelings on Gaston? Because said friend hates how he treats Beast, but also thinks Gaston's song is one of the best in the movie.

And I had no idea you used to do animation. What kind of animation stuff did you used to do?
Gaston's is the best song.

iirate

Beauty and the Beast is my favorite Disney film as well, and Gaston's song might be my favorite Disney song ever, although I'm a sucker for villain songs in a bunch of Disney films.

Leeness

Gaston is the biggest asshole ever haha. But yes, Gaston has an amazing song. His song "Me" in the musical is fucking ace as well.

I did traditional pencil and paper animation. I wasn't very good at it though.

http://leeness.blogspot.ca/

Art and I think my super rough demo reel and some other things.

But no going back at the last moment, huh?

If we're doing this it's as a bachelorette party for you. We'll go with GirlGAF shirts or something.

I promise nothing lol

Gaston is the biggest asshole ever haha. But yes, Gaston has an amazing song. His song "Me" in the musical is fucking ace as well.

I promise nothing lol
Are you kidding me? That's so cool.

And no, Leeness. If we do this we'll make sure you don't go away. You know perfectly you'll be ok with it once we get to the place.

I feel dumb for not thinking that there's a B&B musical. Might have to check that out sometime.

Your art looks pretty good, but the town/tower sketch stands out the most to me.

Kinitari

Black Canada Mafia

Uh, you're wrong about stuff. I know a couple of working animators, this is better than most of their work.

Leeness

Are you kidding me? That's so cool.

And no, Leeness. If we do this we'll make sure you don't go away. You know perfectly you'll be ok with it once we get to the place.
I PROMISE NOTHIIIIING.

I feel dumb for not thinking that there's a B&B musical. Might have to check that out sometime.

Your art looks pretty good, but the town/tower sketch stands out the most to me.

Haha, Beauty and the Beast is one of the longer running Broadway shows :p Eighth longest, says wiki.

Uh, you're wrong about stuff. I know a couple of working animators, this is better than most of their work.

I definitely wasn't good at animation. I was okay at story boarding but kind of gave it up once I graduated lol

What are you taking in grad school? Sculpture or general arts or...?
I'm working on the application process now, all the dealdines are in january-february... totally brutal. Applying to 10 schools for sculpture , but I also do painting, drawing, printmaking. It's been super stressful, working on three sculptures I need to finish in a couple of weeks. Really only gotten started on two of them but I'm not getting much progress done :(. I have my images from undergrad already, but I feel like some of the photographs are weak and I can't retake them because I had to throw already my pieces when I moved. I'm hoping one or two more sculptures will fix that.

God I hope I get accepted to at least one of the schools :(

Shoot, if GirlGAF is gonna go all Disney Princess avatar style, I call dibs on Mulan.

LIES, Leeness. We've seen your pictures! You're super cute.

Do people really care about virginity, outside of creeper dudes that prey on virgins? In college I hooked up with a lot of women who had never been with another woman before and while I wasn't sleeping with them because they were gay virgins, one aspect of it that was a little nice was that it lessened my own performance anxiety. So who knows, your virginity might help your first partner relax and little and put them at ease, Leeness!

Gaston is one of those villains that you just love to hate. He is such a douchebag, but it's so delicious to watch him be the world's biggest asshole and then get told off by Belle time and time again. And yes, his song is the absolute best.

Love the logo's colour scheme. ;)

The sites for exact/better fitting bra's alone make this thread an insta-subscribe. I have an awful time finding comfortable, supportive bras. hail gaf :3
Welcome to GirlGAF! :)

I've got Mulan!

We'll make a group trip and we'll woo you to dance with the 3 hottest guys.

I'm sure Devo will come as well.
I am so in. I haven't been clubbing in foreeevveeeer.

On one hand it has been so SO helpful, but on the other hand I feel the need to start lecturing people about bra sizes whenever anyone brings them up. Most people really do have no idea what a D cup looks like.

Shoot, if GirlGAF is gonna go all Disney Princess avatar style, I call dibs on Mulan.

Crap! Then I guess I'll have to piiiiick... Rapunzel.

Do people really care about virginity, outside of creeper dudes that prey on virgins? In college I hooked up with a lot of women who had never been with another woman before and while I wasn't sleeping with them because they were gay virgins, one aspect of it that was a little nice was that it lessened my own performance anxiety. So who knows, your virginity might help your first partner relax and little and put them at ease, Leeness!

I don't think it really matters that much. I'm realising that barely anyone I know was having sex in high school, and most of them still aren't. Its not really important, and chances are if you don't say anything they won't know either way.

Fighting you to the death now.
I've got Mulan!

N4oTt.gif

Gaston is one of those villains that you just love to hate. He is such a douchebag, but it's so delicious to watch him be the world's biggest asshole and then get told off by Belle time and time again. And yes, his song is the absolute best.
I can't stand him, but yeah that song is hilarious. Also, that line about his chest being covered with hair never fails to get a laugh out of me.

I PROMISE NOTHIIIIING.
Come on! It'll be InfiniteNinte, and Devo, and me cheering you up to go at it.

And Shan! You can't let down Shan.

LIES, Leeness. We've seen your pictures! You're super cute.
She lives in an alternate reality where that's not the case.

I'm lucky the Leeness in ours is so hawt, though.

I am so in. I haven't been clubbing in foreeevveeeer.
We ARE talking about going to a strip club with the biggest, hottest guys possible, not normal clubbing.

Unless that's the kind of clubbing you used to go, in that case, respect +1. We know now where this meetup is happening.

On one hand it has been so SO helpful, but on the other hand I feel the need to start lecturing people about bra sizes whenever anyone brings them up. Most people really do have no idea what a D cup looks like.
That guy on Gaming who was like "massive boobs? Yup, D. Clearly" was so funny.

And if you girls get going some avatars with those flowers and stuff for each princess and show me a good one with Leia I'm leaving that as my avatar for the weekend.

We ARE talking about going to a strip club with the biggest, hottest guys possible, not normal clubbing.

Unless that's the kind of clubbing you used to go, in that case, respect +1. We know now where this meetup is happening.

lol! Oh I see. Never been to a strip club! But now I'm even more pumped to go.

That guy on Gaming who was like "massive boobs? Yup, D. Clearly" was so funny.

The funniest part is that in trying to show off their boob knowledge they end up ousting themselves as having no clue at all :p

Its sad when girls don't understand though. One of my friends could easily be a C, but was complaining about how she was AA.

Leeness

I'm working on the application process now, all the dealdines are in january-february... totally brutal. Applying to 10 schools for sculpture , but I also do painting, drawing, printmaking. It's been super stressful, working on three sculptures I need to finish in a couple of weeks. Really only gotten started on two of them but I'm not getting much progress done :(. I have my images from undergrad already, but I feel like some of the photographs are weak and I can't retake them because I had to throw already my pieces when I moved. I'm hoping one or two more sculptures will fix that.

God I hope I get accepted to at least one of the schools :(

Ah! That's super cool. I was okay at drawing but awful at tangible things like sculptures, etc. So that's awesome.

Good luck! You will get into one of them :)

Do people really care about virginity, outside of creeper dudes that prey on virgins?

Well, while GAF isn't indicative of the world, most guys here are all "NEVER HORRIBLE BORING" so... Haha.

I don't think it really matters that much. I'm realising that barely anyone I know was having sex in high school, and most of them still aren't. Its not really important, and chances are if you don't say anything they won't know either way.

I ~have a feeling~ that my extreme awkwardness, the "never been on a real date before" and the hyperventilation if they got near me might tip them off lol.

Come on! It'll be InfiniteNinte, and Devo, and me cheering you up to go at it.

And Shan! You can't let down Shan.

:( but but...

Also, I want to find you a Leia avatar. I have a feeling it may not look quite like ours though haha.

lol! Oh I see. Never been to a strip club! But now I'm even more pumped to go.

The funniest part is that in trying to show off their boob knowledge they end up ousting themselves as having no clue at all :p

Its sad when girls don't understand though. One of my friends could easily be a C, but was complaining about how she was AA.

You're just going to watch, gurl. The show's for Leeness. Who knows after it's over however... We can always go later to some normal club.

I've got a bit of a problem to follow up with the American system for bras, that's why I never participate much in that, but it's pretty easy to see when someone's talking out of his ass.

Well, while GAF isn't indicative of the world, most guys here are all "NEVER HORRIBLE BORING" so... Haha.
The other half is all "OMG 6 guys? The slut". GAF loves to bitch.

And hey, sometimes even someone who dislikes virgins can make an exception.

:( but but...

Also, I want to find you a Leia avatar. I have a feeling it may not look quite like ours though haha.
And it'd look ridiculous if we're just three people with them anyways!

Samara

If you don't go Leeness Ill let you borrow my man servant.
No he is not allowed to speak.
straight up anne rice sleeping beauty ish

Leeness

The other half is all "OMG 6 guys? The slut". GAF loves to bitch.

And hey, sometimes even someone who dislikes virgins can make an exception

I have a feeling I wouldn't be an exception.

In any case, the entire thing is a moot point because I am basically terrified of men at the moment anyway haha. Maybe someday when I'm 50 or something, my therapy will have worked.

If he's not allowed to speak, maybe it would work. If he can't call me ugly or a joke or a mistake, then I wouldn't be terrified haha.

Platy

I love Maid Marian from Robin Hood, since she is awesome and the movie don't end with her satying with Robin.

... but some people already think I'm a furry because of my cartoon platypus ... so I will go with Merida =P

...or The Ice Princess, part of the Femizons

:bow:

What.

In relevance to the princess talk, I know of the perfect place to have a GirlGAF meet up. ^_^
Nah. Strip club is better.

Did I hear strip clubs? I still haven't gone to one with naked mens.
It's much different. More perverted, I'd say. They let you do more (with boundaries), people are far noisier, but the strippers tend to be hotter.

Loona

In any case, the entire thing is a moot point because I am basically terrified of men at the moment anyway haha. Maybe someday when I'm 50 or something, my therapy will have worked.

You'd probably be better off regularly spending time in places where men often are, even if you don't interact with them that much - it might be a more constructive use of your time if it helps to humanize whatever traits are triggering the fear you mention.
You know, a bit like that principle of racking up 10000 hours of practice on something to get good at it. Or the "do something everyday that scares you" one.

Leeness

You'd probably be better off regularly spending time in places where men often are, even if you don't interact with them that much - it might be a more constructive use of your time if it helps to humanize whatever traits are triggering the fear you mention.
You know, a bit like that principle of racking up 10000 hours of practice on something to get good at it. Or the "do something everyday that scares you" one.

Men as acquaintences or friends are cool. Just otherwise. Therapy! Lol

Top Bottom