• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GirlGAF |OT 2| Shall I Compare Thee to a Summer's Eve?

Some people can rock hot pink.

*looks over at Timedog*

g5lJN.jpg

colors02.jpg

My preferred shades of pink. I won't do anything more gaudy than this.

Those are nice shades of pink. I really like the second from the left.

I confess I actually have 2 pink dresses, one of which might enter the realm of... pink-pink.

EDIT: Shit. I have 3 pink dresses. -_-;

mollipen

Loooooove pink. Absolutely one of my favorite colors, and is often in some of my favorite color combinations (pink + brown + white/grey). What shade I prefer depends on what it's in relation to, but typically I prefer more of the range of baby/pastel pink.

Not really a fan of rose or neon pink shades—which, unfortunately, a lot of people seem to be obsessed with when it comes to what pink is used for certain things (such as electronics).

I know some people were complaining about pink not working for their pale skin earlier and wanted to comment about this. It's not actually the paleness that makes it not work for you. It's actually your skins undertone.

There are three types of undertone, cool, neutral and warm. Depending on your undertone, different shades will work for you. I believe cool undertones are the most common, second is warm and last is neutral. I'm extremely pale, usually rarely seeing the sun (I have a sensitivity to it) , but I'm neutral undertone (leaning towards warm). If you find out what your undertone is, you can find what shades and hues work best for you. Different pink shades will work for different people.

Quick ways to find out your undertone:
If your skin looks rather yellow—particularly if you are Asian—this does not immediately mean that you are warm-toned. The same follows if you look particularly pink, and so on. The overtone of your skin differs from your undertone and if you make a mistake you may end up looking washed out when you choose the wrong colors for you. So when you do the tests I’ll be outlining below, keep this in mind.

One common way of determining skin undertones is looking at the veins on the underside of your forearm in natural sunlight. If the veins are a blue color, then you have a cool skin tone. If the veins are green or yellow, then you have a warm skin tone. When the veins are mix of both blue and green, you might have a neutral skin tone.

If you have long hair, pull your hair back with a ponytail or a headband. Cleanse your face until you are completely free of makeup and place a pure white cloth around your shoulders. Yep, any white fabric will do! The fabric will reflect the tone of your skin. If your skin looks more yellow, your undertones are warm. Your undertone is cool if your skin looks more bluish.
For this test, sidenote for neutrals: if you're neutral, your skin can look slightly greenish.

For this test you will need a piece of silver and a piece of gold jewellery. Wear the jewellery one at a time and see if you look better in gold or in silver. Silver means cool undertones, while gold means warm undertones.

Now once you have an undertone figured out, there are hues for every color just for you!
For warm undertones:
Most people with the warm skin tones look great in the new mochas, bronzes, sage greens, and delicious mango oranges. If this is your skin type you may also want to try the softer warm tones of peach or apricot and the new summer yellow and apple greens.
If you prefer reds, then look for the clear brick, a dark tomato or the burnt orange hue.
Earth greens like olive, moss, or jade enhance the warmer skin tones.
This summer you may want to add a few items with the fresh lime, grass or celery greens.
Crisp ivory or oyster whites also enhance the warm skin tone type.
Colors from camel to warm taupe to bright navy will fit well into your professional wardrobe. Brown in your shoes and gold in your glass frames are part of your ticket for impact!

For cool:
Cool toned people can wear the vivid blue red beautifully; add the rich raspberries, deep emerald greens, royal blue, plums or pure black.
The softer pastels from the blue range and rose-based pinks also nicely enhance the cool skin tones.
From the green palette choose the emerald and icy greens, as well as the aqua blue green from the very light pastel shades to the deeper tones.
The pure white or a soft white looks great with the cool skin tones.
Clear lemon yellows and rich colors like ruby and sapphire will sweeten your wardrobe.
A key color this season is the aquatic blues and a whole range of tones that evoke the deep ocean hues. Add some of that high voltage pink to sweeten your day!

For neutral, every neutral will lean either warm or cool. If you have trouble identifying it, you can go into a sephora or ulta and they can help you, though keep in mind they may give you the wrong answer. I've gone into several and each time they've had trouble determining my hue.

I know a lot of people probably know about undertones, but I just wanted to comment on it in case people were unaware. This will also help for your foundation. I have wih trouble finding a good neutral foundation that is porcelain pale :(

I like some pinks, honestly I love all colors, it's just what combinations look good together. My favorite colors at the moment are deep rusty yellows and oranges. Don't own too much pink stuff at the moment, but bright pinks or neon pinks work best for me.

A.E Suggs

Stop being a sellout, Billie. :\

Pink is the color of oppression!
Should I stop wearing it? Maybe I shouldn't have worn a pink suit to prom.

I hate pink. Literally the worst colour ever.

That would be green, you probably hate pink just cause its the cool thing to do. Green goes with almost nothing and its hard to pull off even then.

Some people can rock hot pink.

*looks over at Timedog*

g5lJN.jpg

An okupid photo?

Ezalc

That would be green, you probably hate pink just cause its the cool thing to do. Green goes with almost nothing and its hard to pull off even then.

How can there be so much WRONG in one post? Green, especially something like a gray-ish green or military green, goes with fucking everything. What is wrong with you.

Inanna

Not pure anymore!
I like pink, not so much the neon pink or neon anything! I love red and people tell me red suits me the most. I love unusual colours like really dark forest green, moss green, dark turquoise blue or turquoise green.

A.E Suggs

Nah, it suits you. :p

Yay! :D

How can there be so much WRONG in one post? Green, especially something like a gray-ish green or military green, goes with fucking everything. What is wrong with you.

Because there's so much right in my post that you want it to be wrong :p. Seriously though when I go to the mall with the exception of some clothing like dresses or a suit I never see anyone wear green and if they do its not usually pulled off very well. If you want me to believe that your gonna have to provide some good examples.

Because there's so much right in my post that you want it to be wrong :p. Seriously though when I go to the mall with the exception of some clothing like dresses or a suit I never see anyone wear green and if they do its not usually pulled off very well. If you want me to believe that your gonna have to provide some good examples.

5m3a4.jpg

Mine was billy the blue ranger, then the artist guy from Caroline in the city... Then my first boyfriend (before the one leged guy) turned out gay... I had a pattern when I was younger.

Green is the third best color.Cmon now. Or fourth, after red.

I think I'm missing out with all the people whose first crush was a Power Ranger. I always thought the Green Ranger was the coolest, but I don't think I had a crush on him. My first was probably Gohan from Dragon Ball. Or a couple of guys from a Spanish show. Or Nick from the Backstreet Boys. It was so long ago I don't really remember. Leo in Titanic was the first one that hit me hard.

First girlcrush is easier to remember as it wasn't that long ago, Harley Quinn.

I think I'm missing out with all the people whose first crush was a Power Ranger. I always thought the Green Ranger was the coolest, but I don't think I had a crush on him. My first was probably Gohan from Dragon Ball. Or a couple of guys from a Spanish show. Or Nick from the Backstreet Boys. It was so long ago I don't really remember. Leo in Titanic was the first one that hit me hard.

Which design of Harley?

If we are including cartoon characters, then vegeta for me as well. Also any long haired "pretty" male characters like kurama (yu yu hakusho) or inouva (rayearth)

Which design of Harley?

If we are including cartoon characters, then vegeta for me as well. Also any long haired "pretty" male characters like kurama (yu yu hakusho) or inouva (rayearth)

Harley-quinn-female-villians-2439836-259-337.jpg

It was the first moment I realized I was bicurious at the very least.

Pretty sure she planted the seeds for my fetishes for blondes and pigtails. And why I like the crazy bitches in fighting games so much.

Girl crush, huh?

Hmmm... Like Arsenic mentioned, Vegeta was cool, but after I saw an episode where a building or something fell on this guy, that was that.

Op8I8.jpg

Rowen

And from one of my first animes as a kid (Mermaid Forest is probably not the gentlest introduction to anime), Yuta. This poor bastard dies constantly or gets messed up in terrible ways. I'm sure he helped pave the way for my liking of bloodied/beat up characters.

fhYDy.jpg

Leeness

My first crush was a cartoon too haha.

Matt from Digimon :lol

Yamato_%22Matt%22_Ishida_(Re-Digitize)_b.jpg

Started writing weird Mary Sue stories and everything. Hahaha.

Inanna

Not pure anymore!
I wouldn't call it a crush, but I really liked this guy from Samurai X/Rurouni Kenshin

jSSOKf2xCvxhO.jpg

Only anime that I watched religiously back when I was reaaally young.

My first crush was a cartoon too haha.

Matt from Digimon :lol

Yamato_%22Matt%22_Ishida_(Re-Digitize)_b.jpg

Started writing weird Mary Sue stories and everything. Hahaha.
That's a good one. But Tai was better since he had the more badass Digimon. SkullGreymon was cool as all fuck.

Tommy was my first crush too, but I liked him as the White ranger xP
Kisaya, plz. Green Ranger played his knife to summon Godzilla!

I just googled it and discovered he became an astronaut? What's so bad about that.
Digimon 02

A.E Suggs

Mine was billy the blue ranger, then the artist guy from Caroline in the city... Then my first boyfriend (before the one leged guy) turned out gay... I had a pattern when I was younger.

Blue ranger was just best ranger on and off the set. I respected him more than the other rangers.

WHAT?! I'm done with you, DONE!

lol,but what was special about him as the green ranger outside his dragonzord? Oh that's right betraying my friends and being a deuce.
Tommy was my first crush too, but I liked him as the White ranger xP

See she gets it! Your my new favorite poster :D. The white ranger was also badass the green ranger was just ass, someone else please back me up on this.

Yep, mine too at least my first guy crush.

My first girl crush was Hermione.

My first girl crush was sailor mars, something about fire just does it for me.

What blasphemy is this?
Ah snaps your another one and here I thought we were gonna be cool as well :(. You people are going to have to defend that green turd on this one.
This is the only thing he had going for him.

Ezalc

lol,but what was special about him as the green ranger outside his dragonzord? Oh that's right betraying my friends and being a deuce.

Deuce? We playing tennis all of a sudden? First off green is the best color, so he already wins. The Godzillazord is just extra awesome. Also, if you're talking about what he did to the blue ranger off set he's repeatedly said he's apologized for it and that they are on good terms now. White ranger was shit, he wasn't even from the same series as the other power rangers and in his actual series he was a little kid abusing his power to look up girl skirts. At least the Green Ranger was a badass and not some perv.

You know that's just unfair, AE Suggs, he was under a spell when he did all that, gosh.

But anyway, if you're going to hate on Tommy, at least do it for his awful haircut. Because it really was the worst.

Top Bottom