• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GirlGAF |OT 2| Shall I Compare Thee to a Summer's Eve?

Inanna

Not pure anymore!
From their websites:

Q. Can I slap the dancers’ behinds?
A.No physical contact is allowed with all personnel.

Canada fml.
But the firefighters were doing charity work in the street this week. Damn they were all hot.
557165_400733849989062_217275796_n.jpg

Definetly gonna get some of their calendar. Done with kittens.

Yep, he's definitely hot! XD

zon

Shiet. Well, the obvious alternative is trying to hook up with one of them.

Man, that brings back memories. The first time I actively creeped on someone, was at a beach that allowed nudism (bout half the people weren't naked though), this incredible looking firefighter.

I dunno what they do to stay like that, but dayum.

I imagine all firestations have a gym that the firefighters are required to use a certain amount of time. If the firestation in my little town has a gym I'm sure it's like that in most other places. The police could use that too imo.

Ezalc

I actually recognize you with that avatar moreso than any other you've used.

Same.

EDIT: Had a few friends who were trying to be firefighters. One went into the marines and I don't know about the other. Anyways, they're required to keep at least the minimum amount of fitness needed to do their job like say carry somebody out of a building and lug all that heavy equipment while still being able to move at a quick pace. Not surprising if there was a mini gym of sorts in every firestation.

Shiet. Well, the obvious alternative is trying to hook up with one of them.

Man, that brings back memories. The first time I actively creeped on someone, was at a beach that allowed nudism (bout half the people weren't naked though), this incredible looking firefighter.

I dunno what they do to stay like that, but dayum.

squats brah.

squats.

Reading the nice guys on okcupid thread, I had a question concerning shaving. What do you other ladies do about ingrown hairs, or how do you prevent them? I have such a problem with them, end up picking each out and they get infected. I tried waxing for a while and that caused soooo many ingrowns, shaving causes a lot less but are still annoying. I've tried those hair removal creams but they give me awful rashes (I have skin allergies to a ton of things, very annoying)

Zoe

Ugh, finally got the "did you ever think about donating?" spiel at the salon. Wasn't even my stylist saying it!

Reading the nice guys on okcupid thread, I had a question concerning shaving. What do you other ladies do about ingrown hairs, or how do you prevent them? I have such a problem with them, end up picking each out and they get infected. I tried waxing for a while and that caused soooo many ingrowns, shaving causes a lot less but are still annoying. I've tried those hair removal creams but they give me awful rashes (I have skin allergies to a ton of things, very annoying)
I shave in the direction that the hair grows (ie straight down - not up). it's not full proof but it has helped to minimise ingrowns.

Boogie

I imagine all firestations have a gym that the firefighters are required to use a certain amount of time. If the firestation in my little town has a gym I'm sure it's like that in most other places. The police could use that too imo.

Firefighters get to spend half their shift working out, cooking, and napping, if they want.

Police generally have to spend their time at work...working. ;P

iirate

I exfoliate right after shaving. It doesn't stop them 100%, but it does a ton of good.

D

Deleted member 81567

Unconfirmed Member
Are you all watching Ms. Universe? USA won. What do you think of her?

D

Deleted member 81567

Unconfirmed Member
olivia-culpo-crowned-usa.jpg

When she won miss usa.

Here was today's runner-up.
miss-philippines-universe-2012-janine-tugonon.jpg

On second thought, Olivia is prettier.

What razor do you use? And what's your method?

What razor do you use? And what's your method?

I use some sort of BIC razor. 3 blades. I shave then exfoliate but I'm going to try perhaps a more sensitive shaving cream. It sucks, I cant shave with the grain because you'll still see the hair. I'm latin with extremely, extremely pale skin (fear/sensitivity to the sun) so my hair is super thick and dark :(. I am trying to look for a lotion like that old Jergins one that made your hair finer, but I've yet to find a good one.

I use some sort of BIC razor. 3 blades. I shave then exfoliate but I'm going to try perhaps a more sensitive shaving cream. It sucks, I cant shave with the grain because you'll still see the hair. I'm latin with extremely, extremely pale skin (fear/sensitivity to the sun) so my hair is super thick and dark :(. I am trying to look for a lotion like that old Jergins one that made your hair finer, but I've yet to find a good one.

Honestly I didn't get many when I shaved in the shower with Schick Intuition.

schickIntuition_product.jpg

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
You ladies have respect when it comes to shaving and let no man tell you other wise. Shaving is time consuming and waxing is god awful painful.

Honestly I didn't get many when I shaved in the shower with Schick Intuition.

schickIntuition_product.jpg

I've been looking at that for a while. I may pick it up once I get done with this pack of razors.

Another question, had my first gynecologist meeting in MA today (my last ones were in NOLA), this was the first time I had a male doctor. Just wondering how many of you have male gynecologists and if so, why? A lot of women I knew in NOLA preferred male over female doctors and I never understood it. Of course, I don't mind having a male doctor now, he was extremely friendly, much nicer than my last doctor, but if I had to choose, I'd definitely prefer a female gynecologist.

You ladies have respect when it comes to shaving and let no man tell you other wise. Shaving is time consuming and waxing is god awful painful.
I wax my eyebrows and there's really little to no pain, when I waxed my legs, it wasn't bad. I actually loved it and wanted to get rid of all my razors and stick to waxing. It also took forever for any hair to grow, when it finally did, however, sweet jesus the ingrowns were terrible.

Platy

I epilate with this medieval torture device

And After that I shave, so it works as some kind of exfoliation mixed with even more cutting of the survivors

I exfoliate before instead of after, though sometimes if my legs don't feel as smooth as they should I'll give em another quick rub.

As for gynaecologists, I've seen a couple (NHS referrals, so I don't have any choice who I see) and one of them was a guy. It was kind of weird, to be honest, and I preferred the woman that I saw. But it wasn't just because it was a man, the woman I saw was nicer and made me feel more comfortable.

Platy

You masochist. I wanted the no-no for a while. I think I'm just going to marry rich and get electrolysis.

Yes, that would be the perfect world....

What in the world is that?

It is an electrical epilator ...

Mh9N9.jpg

The metal part starts to spin and it pulls each hair individualy at 3 spinning speeds.

It is insanely cheaper than wax since you only buy once and it consumes very little electricity

BUT ... it is more painfull than wax in the meaning that it takes way longer

mollipen

I've been looking at that for a while. I may pick it up once I get done with this pack of razors.

For anybody who uses disposable/cartridge razors, I recently started ordering mine from dorcousa.com and, so far, am very happy. Prices are much cheaper than what you're used to, and from my experience, the quality is just as good.

Razor prices have always seemed outrageously high to me, so I'm glad I finally found this place.

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl
Mh9N9.jpg

The metal part starts to spin and it pulls each hair individualy at 3 spinning speeds.

It is insanely cheaper than wax since you only buy once and it consumes very little electricity

I do this... I don't know why. D:

Also finally got my PSU so I got my 360 up and running. :D If anyone wants to add me my Live ID is right there.
3q5sjl.jpg

It is an electrical epilator ...

Mh9N9.jpg

I may start using such a device, but maybe it isn't too good for hairy legs. :(

Laser hair removal isn't so bad, and it works best on pale skin/dark hair. I see deals for it all the time too.

I know, once I get a decent job, I want to get my legs, bikini, and underarms done. If I was to have cosmetic surgery that, veneers or teeth whitening and breast lift when I get old would be it

I know, once I get a decent job, I want to get my legs, bikini, and underarms done. If I was to have cosmetic surgery that, veneers or teeth whitening and breast lift when I get old would be it

Me too. I shave every day because that feeling when you walk and the hair rubs together sends shivers up my spine. I could save a lot of water if I didn't have to shave.

Is laser surgery painful?

Platy

Me too. I shave every day because that feeling when you walk and the hair rubs together sends shivers up my spine. I could save a lot of water if I didn't have to shave.

Is laser surgery painful?

Depends on where.

Think it is like 2 or 3 times more than wax.... so 3 times more than your ankles is nothing.... but 3 times more than your armpits it is OMFG

Kisaya

I pretty much do everything... threading, waxing, shaving, epilating >.<

Fuck unwanted hair :'( I'm ready to invest on laser hair removal/electrolysis

Top Bottom