• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GirlGAF |OT 2| Shall I Compare Thee to a Summer's Eve?

Emitan

Once I start shaving I doubt I will stop in winter. I'm doing it for me, I don't care if anyone else can see my legs or not.

Platy

I'm like the opposite ... if I have one chance for not to shave i would take it =|

I would jump on laser for 90% of body hair in an instant, of course

Zoe

Depends on where.

Think it is like 2 or 3 times more than wax.... so 3 times more than your ankles is nothing.... but 3 times more than your armpits it is OMFG

I don't think armpits are so bad, but I have a fairly high tolerance for pain. Last time the heat was worse than the sting.

Exactly :D You gonna start doing that soon?

Does anyone shave their whole leg? I imagine that would take forever.

I do about 60% of the time :( the back of my thighs gets dark hairs, i absolutely hate it. Next secret santa I'll put electrolysis on my wishlist.

Also, I've heard electrolysis is better than laser hair removal. I wonder if thats true or not.

Edit: also, you know what i hate, missing spots! especially if you're wearing shorts or a skirt and you see, as my mom calls it, zebra stripes :(

Emitan

I would jump on laser for 90% of body hair in an instant, of course
Me too.

Maybe. Went to the Houston Transgender Center (which is actually just a tiny house in the LGBT part of town) and got a business card for a store that specializes in clothes/makeup/etc for trans women so I might go visit it once my family leaves for vacation and buy a few things. I'm so excited~

Platy

Also, I've heard electrolysis is better than laser hair removal. I wonder if thats true or not.

Electrolysis is more powerfull and works with a broader range of skin types.

If you are vampire white like I think most of you are than the diference is minimal and laser usualy is cheaper

iirate

If you are vampire white like I think most of you are than the diference is minimal and laser usualy is cheaper

I'm super pale(even when noticeably tanned) and my hair is dark, but I have a bunch of red hairs mixed in with the brown ones that laser probably won't take care of.

Zoe

I'm pretty tan, and most of my hair is gone now. Just have one stubborn patch of about ten hairs left.

Inanna

Not pure anymore!
Not too fond of shaving at all. I wax every two/two and a half weeks in summer and every month or so in winter. My leg hair is quite fine and there isn't much of it and the little there is of it, is light ashey brown so they're not that visible. Some of my friends have to shave their legs AND their arms because their body hair is so thick and dark in colour! I think if I had body hair like that, I'd probably wax more often as well.

Yeh I do. Don't really shave that often though, usually only before a night out in case I get lucky haha. I shave more often if I'm seeing someone but I'm an eternal singleton so that's not something I have to worry about too often! I'm a red head and you can hardly see the hair on my legs which is awesome, I can go a couple of weeks without shaving and you wouldn't know just by looking. I'm pretty hairy but it's very fine hair so it's not unpleasant to touch when I haven't shaved, though I still prefer the feeling of smooth skin.

Emitan

Yay! My lesbian friend wants to go clothes shopping with me. Hopefully we'll hit up the gay part of town next week and I can finally get some girl things :)

I'm black so i'm more or less throwing laser out of the window in favor of electrolysis.

Immediately thought of the girl-gaf thread when I saw this:

DCyfD.jpg

Happy pre-Holidays!

mollipen

The question: Do you think I should have some kind of facial hair or should I shave it all off? What would make me more attractive? Facial hair or no facial hair?

Really hard to answer that only seeing one of the two options.

On other topics, I'd been wanting a bag from Tokidoki for a long, long time. I was going to get one back for my birthday in March, but then I got wishy-washy on which style and pattern I wanted, and if I wanted to instead wait for their next season of product. The new stuff came out, and there was a pattern I really liked, but not really a style that I liked. Plus, I ended up really liking the Ramblers pattern (the one below, with the jet-setting motif).

So, I finally broke down and bought one!

cloudwalking

300chf ain't shit to me
I like that bag a lot, shidoshi!

I actually own a tokodoki Bella Bella Lesportsac from Spring 2006 (the first print ever released). I think I used it... twice? It's mint condition. I've been meaning to sell it for a long time, but never get around to it and I also have no clue what it's worth.

It's on this page near the top: http://www.tokidoki-blog.com/tokidoki-lesportsac-bag-archive/

I actually still really love the print, it's so cute! If anyone here would be interested in it you could PM me. I don't remember what I paid for it but for a GAF member I'd be willing to let it go really cheap :) I do have photos of it.

I used to work for Coach, at my worst I owned about... oh, 50 handbags or so and about half were from there. I'm not as addicted anymore and I also just don't have room to keep so many bags anymore, hah. I started giving them away :S I've only kept about 7 really special ones.

I like that bag a lot, shidoshi!

I actually own a tokodoki Bella Bella Lesportsac from Spring 2006 (the first print ever released). I think I used it... twice? It's mint condition. I've been meaning to sell it for a long time, but never get around to it and I also have no clue what it's worth.

It's on this page near the top: http://www.tokidoki-blog.com/tokidoki-lesportsac-bag-archive/

I actually still really love the print, it's so cute! If anyone here would be interested in it you could PM me. I don't remember what I paid for it but for a GAF member I'd be willing to let it go really cheap :) I do have photos of it.

I used to work for Coach, at my worst I owned about... oh, 50 handbags or so and about half were from there. I'm not as addicted anymore and I also just don't have room to keep so many bags anymore, hah. I started giving them away :S I've only kept about 7 really special ones.
Good lord.

Samara

MAC‘s “media“ lipstick is nice on anyone.
there are some drugstore dupes like Dark cherry from LOreal or Revlon.

Havent bought any MAC in a long time. I used to love getting free makeup session from Clinique aswell and mostly buying either the shy lipstick and the powder/foundation.
dat free gift bag.

Cute bag, shidoshi!

Man, I haven't shaved since high school or something, but I don't remember the upper leg/thigh taking that much longer than just shaving my calves. Less hair there so it goes quicker and requires less precision.

Apropos to nothing, I got annoyed that the Playstation Blog rarely features women in their weekly Community Spotlight, so I submitted a story and it was selected for yesterday's post. But...they misgendered me. lol oops.

suzu

Apropos to nothing, I got annoyed that the Playstation Blog rarely features women in their weekly Community Spotlight, so I submitted a story and it was selected for yesterday's post. But...they misgendered me. lol oops.

That was a cute story. :) My love of jrpgs started on snes, but I'm with you there on being a long-time jrpg and playstation fan. haha.

mollipen

I even have the shirt she is wearing with xD

I have the Samus version. I typically don't like wearing game-related shits, but it's one of the exceptions I make. (Along with my Pac-Man and "Welcome to Toluca Lake") shirts.

I could totally see myself being like that. I ended up buying another handbag like two days after the Tokidoki one, and I know that I keep seeing ones where I'm like, "OMG that's so cute, I should buy it!" *heh*

Wow. They don't even ask?
Nope. I assume they figured I am a straight male since I used female pronouns for my partner, but what dude is nicknamed "Liv?" And my full name, which is decidedly female and derivative of my PSN handle, is attached to my PSN/forum account.../shrug

That was a cute story. :) My love of jrpgs started on snes, but I'm with you there on being a long-time jrpg and playstation fan. haha.
Thanks :) I've since gone back to the SNES and played several of its RPGs ofc. Earthbound was actually my first RPG and is still my favorite (I played it back in '95 one summer when my brother borrowed his friend's SNES) but for whatever reason it didn't lead to me checking out other games of the same genre at the time. And VI was my first Final Fantasy in the end. My family just skipped over the SNES for various reasons when I was a kid - we went from the NES to the N64 (which, funnily enough, I named in my story but someone at Sony edited the brand names out and inserted "other console" or whatever, heh).

Talking about cute bags ...

I need this FOR MY LIFE !!!!

I even have the shirt she is wearing with xD
That is a pretty sweet bag. I'd want one with the Song of Storms on it. Or maybe the Nocturne of Shadow.

I have the Samus version. I typically don't like wearing game-related shits, but it's one of the exceptions I make. (Along with my Pac-Man and "Welcome to Toluca Lake") shirts.
My entire wardrobe, at this point, basically consists of business casual and Fangamer shirts. I'm pretty sure they sell a Celes one by Megan Lara in the same style as the Zelda/Samus ones.

Platy

That is a pretty sweet bag. I'd want one with the Song of Storms on it. Or maybe the Nocturne of Shadow.

That is the BEAUTY of the bag !

The notes are bottoms !

UfsSO.jpg

YsCLs.jpg

YOU MAKE THE SONG YOU WANT anytime you want

I love mucha shirts ... but I hate the zero suit design =/

I'm still waiting to get one with this design

...and i'm flooded with nerd shirts xD

My favorites are (in no particular order) :

That is the BEAUTY of the bag !

The notes are bottoms !

YOU MAKE THE SONG YOU WANT anytime you want
OH. That is really cool!

OMG need it. And a Celes one~

You may have!

And this one shows Zero Suit Samus .. wich in my opinion is worst for the franchise than Other M
I'm not sure if there's a way to buy the 31 Days of Zero Suit Samus book outside of the Kickstarter that ended a few months ago, but the introduction to the book is a really interesting essay on how fucked up the Zero Suit is and how the art project was intended, in part, to be a subversion of her unnecessary sexualization and a way to "take back" the character, so to speak, and make the suit something that was not crass.

Emitan

Oh god, Em, put away your wallet. You need to save money!

I'm not sure if there's a way to buy the 31 Days of Zero Suit Samus book outside of the Kickstarter that ended a few months ago, but the introduction to the book is a really interesting essay on how fucked up the Zero Suit is and how the art project was intended, in part, to be a subversion of her unnecessary sexualization and a way to "take back" the character, so to speak, and make the suit something that was not crass.
This book is sitting on my desk right now and it's so cute!

Top Bottom