• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GirlGAF |OT 2| Shall I Compare Thee to a Summer's Eve?

Thanks, cloud! Cheers for all the well wishes! It's still sort of sinking in for me. I look at the eggs a lot and think about him. Luckily he'll be in LA next week for almost a week before he heads back to Japan, but then we do the waiting thing again for a few months. :( Lots of planning/thinking to do in the meantime, so it won't be so bad. And, yeah, he's a keeper.
I did a year of long distance between the West Coast (Seattle) and Japan with my wife and geez. That sucked. The weird thirteen hour time difference was just the worst. If it had just been a few hours more in one direction or less in the other, it might not have been so bad, but thirteen hours? Wtf was that.

Light at the end of the tunnel, light at the end of the tunnel!

He has a chance at life, then! :D And your friend's story is awesome. i think little quirks like that make it all very special.

As for XSEED, I'm hard at work, don't you worry. ;)
The other fun part of the story is that her husband got a friend to come along to take pictures, so there's bunch of great ones with her totally drenched but very happy. :) Then the friend got a little uncomfortable because the water made her white shirt become see-through and he bolted.

I'm only gonna worry if you leave to move to Australia! ;-)

mollipen

Apropos to nothing, shidoshi: your avi is ridiculously cute. Vita + glasses love!

...*blush*

I think I look terrible every time I look at it, and keep swinging back and forth with being okay with keeping it up and telling myself to hurry up and change it. (>_<) But, I really appreciate the kind words!

And when I see shanshan310's avatar, I guess the first thing I think of is The Ring. *laughs*

Emitan

...*blush*

I think I look terrible every time I look at it, and keep swinging back and forth with being okay with keeping it up and telling myself to hurry up and change it. (>_<) But, I really appreciate the kind words!

And when I see shanshan310's avatar, I guess the first thing I think of is the ring. *laughs*

I love your avatar. Mine was okay but this one is just so much cuter

Been playing Binary Domain, the story is rather poor. It's so overtly sexist, I have to wonder if it was trying to be ironic. Then there's the matter of racial/ethnic stereotypes, which is somewhat offset by the positive but painfully ham-fisted message of the story. /vents

I did a year of long distance between the West Coast (Seattle) and Japan with my wife and geez. That sucked. The weird thirteen hour time difference was just the worst. If it had just been a few hours more in one direction or less in the other, it might not have been so bad, but thirteen hours? Wtf was that.

Light at the end of the tunnel, light at the end of the tunnel!

The other fun part of the story is that her husband got a friend to come along to take pictures, so there's bunch of great ones with her totally drenched but very happy. :) Then the friend got a little uncomfortable because the water made her white shirt become see-through and he bolted.

I'm only gonna worry if you leave to move to Australia! ;-)

I feel ya (half the pain, anyway). A year is such a long time! Good on you guys for sticking through it! We just finished a 6 month stint before the Australia/Singapore trip, and it seemed forever at the time. Thank the gods for SKYPE! The time difference is something that we've actually managed to play with, though. I just make him drink wine in his late morning while I booze late at night. ;)

But, yes! The end is near! :D

And haha @ your friend's fun proposal. What a memory. Do feel a bit bad for the friend, though. A tad embarrassing to be in that situation. Heehee.

Oh god, I didn't look at it like that. -_-

<3

;)

Boom chikka wowwow.

Indeed. Haha. Sorry, Shan!

...*blush*

And when I see shanshan310's avatar, I guess the first thing I think of is The Ring. *laughs*

No, no! It looks very cute! :) Don't change it.

I know this is going to come off as stupid (which it is), but is everyone in GirlGAF a girl?

Do the mome raths outgrabe?

mollipen

Been playing Binary Domain, the story is rather poor. It's so overtly sexist, I have to wonder if it was trying to be ironic. Then there's the matter of racial/ethnic stereotypes, which is somewhat offset by the positive but painfully ham-fisted message of the story. /vents

I've not played it yet, but I've always gotten the impression that it was a Japanese attempt to play up some of the stereotypes of Western game culture.

...or maybe I'm just really, really giving it too much credit.

Leeness

UuvSS.gif

I don't get it.

I've not played it yet, but I've always gotten the impression that it was a Japanese attempt to play up some of the stereotypes of Western game culture.

...or maybe I'm just really, really giving it too much credit.
It was intended to appeal to a global audience, which makes the stereotypes and commentary on the United States a bit odd. I'd say it borrows more from American films than video games, of course the latter also borrow from the former. The main character and his companion are bros.

Opiate

Not everyone.

Also geez, what's wrong with Shan's avatar. I'm the one making creepy comments every damn chance I get and I don't see it.

That's because, for all your sexual exploits, you've never gotten a blowjob.

I didn't really think of it until it was brought up, but that is the rough height and angle we see girls from during that particular activity. It's the sort of thing horny guys on the internet would notice and snicker about. I wouldn't worry about it, personally.

Binary Domain rules! <3 I love Bo the bastard.
Rules what? Mediocrity? :p

I didn't really think of it until it was brought up, but that is the rough height and angle we see girls from during that particular activity. It's the sort of thing horny guys on the internet would notice and snicker about. I wouldn't worry about it, personally.
So blunt.

Oh god, I didn't look at it like that. -_-
Wait, look it at it like what? I was just –

Oh no.

I wasn't meaning anything by that comment, I just wanted to know the context of the picture. It's the same with every real pic avatar. I'm so sorry, Shan!

Emitan

Oh. I would never even think of that...

cloudwalking

300chf ain't shit to me
Thanks, cloud! Cheers for all the well wishes! It's still sort of sinking in for me. I look at the eggs a lot and think about him. Luckily he'll be in LA next week for almost a week before he heads back to Japan, but then we do the waiting thing again for a few months. :( Lots of planning/thinking to do in the meantime, so it won't be so bad. And, yeah, he's a keeper.

Suppose I'll use that time to finish the book. You still going on yours?

Long distance is hard. I definitely feel for you there. It's great that you guys have something to look forward to together, though. It'll definitely make the waiting easier!

Forgot to mention, I love the idea of you guys doing two weddings in each respective country. It's really sweet :) Wish we could have done that when my husband and I got married, but at the time it wasn't possible.

I am still constantly thinking about my novel, yes! Writing, though... that's another story. I took almost all of December off. All the preparing for Christmas, and then Christmas itself, and then New Year's, and then I got sick for a week with the flu... it was too much! I plan to get back to it very soon as well. Glad you plan to keep at it too! Makes me feel a bit of camaraderie even though the NaNo thread's over with :)

...*blush*

Nooo, don't change it, it's the best! :-D

I feel ya (half the pain, anyway). A year is such a long time! Good on you guys for sticking through it! We just finished a 6 month stint before the Australia/Singapore trip, and it seemed forever at the time. Thank the gods for SKYPE! The time difference is something that we've actually managed to play with, though. I just make him drink wine in his late morning while I booze late at night. ;)
I don't know how anyone in the history of ever managed LDRs w/o Skype. Ofc, LDRs were probably less common in previous generations, but still.

Geez, you people. I've got a damn dirty mind and I still didn't think of that.

Are you?
And now I feel extra dirty for thinking "huh, blowjob" after seeing Dax's question. >_<

A woman? No (but if I come off as one, you better let me know ASAP).
Heavens to Betsy, someone might think you're, you're a GIRL!

Dom Brunt

Lol I noticed the ermmm... anticipating look on Shan's face the very moment I first saw her avatar but I thought it's just me and my dirty mind... Guess not :-D But I'd say the picture is more cute than dirty really :)

mollipen

To me&#8212;taking in the pose and the look on her face&#8212;it's more shan leaning in so that she can ask, in a whispered tone, "Are you really that stupid?"

As if her avatar is sitting there, judging all posts that may come before and after it.

Dom Brunt

Actually, I thought this through in the shower (not like that) and came to the conclusion that the picture is taken from a kitten's point of view. The kitten is sitting on its climbing tree, looking down at Shan who is going "goo goo ickle kitteh u so cute". Totally innocent.

At least have some class, people. Ask Shan if she was apologizing to the teacher for having failed an exam or something.
Now this is getting creepy.

Speaking more about Binary Domain, it's interesting that there are two women that are part of the team. One is very feminine and hyper sexualized while the other is the opposite to the point that she almost looks like a man. It's hard to tell the intent of this, since the former is a focal point of the story and used for wish fulfillment and undoes any goodwill generated by the latter.

suzu

Hahaha, at Opiate just coming out and saying it.

I didn't even think of anything until people started talking about it. :eek:

Top Bottom