• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GirlGAF |OT 2| Shall I Compare Thee to a Summer's Eve?

Kisaya

Hello hello! I'm not exactly new to GAF but I'm certainly new to GirlGAF. I thought it'd be nice to find a community to hang out in.

Some of you may (probably not) know me on Twitter as @apricotsushi

I, er, don't really know what else to say but hello! I look forward to chatting with all of you.

Welcome :* <3

Mr. Shankly

Neo Member
LADIES~**~*~*
Hi, hi (&#9679;´&#33400;&#65344;) nice to meet y'all. My name is Ivette and whilst my sex is female my gender is trans* and i'm also genderqueer. This looks like a great thread I love all the resources! Will check them out.

Is anyone here into lolita? (the fashion) whether it be gothic lolita, ega (elegant gothic aristocrat), sweet lolita, etc.

apricot

Hello apricot! I hope you feel welcome here. :D

Hi! Everyone seems super friendly – I'm having lots of fun catching up on the last few pages of the thread :)

Welcome :* <3

Thanks!

Is anyone here into lolita? (the fashion) whether it be gothic lolita, ega (elegant gothic aristocrat), sweet lolita, etc.

Actually, I am! I only have two dresses (both sweet), but I love the fashion.

Finally, hate to bring up an old topic, but:

As for my guy, he actually lives in Japan right now (where we initially met), but he's ready to leave and we're considering all the options. It'll definitely be States vs. Australia, but whichever we chose, we'll have the wedding in the other country by way of condolence to the family that won't get us. It'll be a bit of a change, that's for sure. :D

This is totally my story! I'm from the US and my husband's Australian, we met in Japan studying abroad and now I live in Australia (Brisbane). Congrats, I'm sure you'll be happy wherever you decide to live

mollipen

Hello hello! I'm not exactly new to GAF but I'm certainly new to GirlGAF. I thought it'd be nice to find a community to hang out in.

You're being sucked in! Yay! *laughs*

I am huuuge into lolita fashion (of a wide variety of types). Used to go to the various shops in Osaka all of the time when I lived there, as well as going to a few events. I don't have any clothes at the moment, but I have a few items from Metamorphose temps de fille (a brand I kind of became loyal to): dayplanner and wallet.

My husband nags me about the book too which I am actually really happy about, even though I sometimes get defensive, haha. My dad keeps asking about it as well. Thank goodness for family! I need to buckle down and set daily goals, even if they aren't huge, just 1'000 words a day and I'd be happy, honestly.

I'd love to take you up on the weekend challenges, that's a great idea! I'll send you a PM about it if that's okay? And I remember promising an excerpt back in the Nano thread and never posting one... oops. Gonna do that. Will you keep updating the site with the stuff you have so far? I really loved your writing and the story. I would have liked to have made a website like that, but I'm finding it impossible to write chronologically. I don't even have chapter 1 done, haha. But chapter 15, yeah that's done!

It's good to be nagged. Nice to know there are people who want to read it and push us on. For the weekend challenge, why don't we start with something perfectly modest and easy to reach? Just 1000 words. ^_^ A smudge of a chapter. Not even a full NaNoWriMo day. What say you? Deadline is Sunday midnight? And I would love to see your excerpt. PM me when you get a chance. As for writing chronologically, I say just write whichever way makes you progress whether it be forward, up, down or filling in gaps. :)

I also ordered this dress earlier this week:

Already had the dress in this print (which I love, it's probably my favorite dress):
d4b07d7147b036208c10a21d5e6a814c_large.jpg

Theres light stain on the chest of this one and its driving me insane. I wish I could try and fix it myself, but I'm worried it will ruin the fabric, taking it to a dry cleaners didnt help :( If anyone knows how to gently remove stains, I would greatly appreciate it.

You have really good taste, Arsenic. You make me want to spend money. :/

I, er, don't really know what else to say but hello! I look forward to chatting with all of you.

Welcome! I know yoooooooouuuuu. On twitter, anyway. ;)

Hi! Everyone seems super friendly &#8211; I'm having lots of fun catching up on the last few pages of the thread :)

Thanks!

Actually, I am! I only have two dresses (both sweet), but I love the fashion.

Finally, hate to bring up an old topic, but:

This is totally my story! I'm from the US and my husband's Australian, we met in Japan studying abroad and now I live in Australia (Brisbane). Congrats, I'm sure you'll be happy wherever you decide to live

Not that old! I only just got engaged. :) Great to hear it worked out for you guys. I don't know where I'll land, but it's nice to hear the Aus dream is being lived by another in my sit.

If I get a lot of plastic surgery someday then maybe I'll buy a dress. Lol.

Boo.

LADIES~**~*~*
Hi, hi (&#9679;´&#33400;&#65344;) nice to meet y'all. My name is Ivette and whilst my sex is female my gender is trans* and i'm also genderqueer. This looks like a great thread I love all the resources! Will check them out.

Welcome as well! And I do like the style, but not on me. Formal Victorian without the girly bits now...

Go with #3! #1 is better western work wear though and more versatile.
#3 is $130 though >< Maybe I'll get them both. hnnggg. I don't really have any appropriate work attire as of yet.

Well, you've come to the right place! Especially if you find having money in your bank account bothersome :p

:OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO You can join Ausgaf too!

I used to be right into it! I feel like I'm getting a bit too old for it now, but I've still got a few sweet lolita dresses and some more punky stuff. Have you heard of bodyline? They have a shop in Harajuku, but you can also order online. I got most of my stuff from them.

mollipen

#3 is $130 though >< Maybe I'll get them both. hnnggg. I don't really have any appropriate work attire as of yet.

I really like #3... I mean, I like them all... but the very first thought I had when I saw those three pics was the first one. Something about that one stood at the most to me.

I feel like I'm getting a bit too old for it now...

*hangs head in shame*

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl
I used to be right into it! I feel like I'm getting a bit too old for it now, but I've still got a few sweet lolita dresses and some more punky stuff. Have you heard of bodyline? They have a shop in Harajuku, but you can also order online. I got most of my stuff from them.
I got a few things from their Punk section not too long ago. O:

LADIES~**~*~*

Welcome. :) As you'll discover, there are a few of us here who are transgender.
*looks it up*
WHY.

Already had the dress in this print (which I love, it's probably my favorite dress):
d4b07d7147b036208c10a21d5e6a814c_large.jpg

Theres light stain on the chest of this one and its driving me insane. I wish I could try and fix it myself, but I'm worried it will ruin the fabric, taking it to a dry cleaners didnt help :( If anyone knows how to gently remove stains, I would greatly appreciate it.

My g/f has the black version of this cherry dress (she didn't end up getting the white one but she will get it soon enough)

apricot

You're being sucked in! Yay! *laughs*

I figured if you were around it couldn't be that bad :p

Welcome! I know yoooooooouuuuu. On twitter, anyway. ;)

Not that old! I only just got engaged. :) Great to hear it worked out for you guys. I don't know where I'll land, but it's nice to hear the Aus dream is being lived by another in my sit.

Ah-hah! I had a feeling I might know you from Twitter ;)
I'm sure you've got a great gig at XSEED (I'd seriously kill for a localization job at XSEED hnnng), but one thing Australia's got going for it is the economy's pretty great! Just food for thought. It sucks being on the other side of the world from your family, though, but it'll end up that way for at least one of you no matter where you decide on.

Well, you've come to the right place! Especially if you find having money in your bank account bothersome :p

:OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO You can join Ausgaf too!

Pfff money, who needs it? Seriously though I kind of had to skim through all the clothing posts, I don't want to get lured into buying any more pretty dresses >_<

As for Ausgaf, I did stop in and say hello ages ago, but they didn't seem quite as, uh, receptive? It might've just been a bad time.

My g/f has the black version of this cherry dress (she didn't end up getting the white one but she will get it soon enough)

Thats actually a different dress design, I remember you posted pictures of her in the girlfriend thread and I commented on how badly I wanted to get the black and white ones. The torso is designed and cut differently, but no less adorable. I have been tempted with the black one for a while now :(. I would warn her that the cherries on the white version may bleed, I've seen a tiny bit of it bleed from sweat on the one I have one. :( I wish I could work for Modcloth, but they are only hiring in Philly and Cali. Their perks sound so awesome (clothing exchange closer, reading club, scavenger hunts, you can bring your pet to work, free snack, gaming club) I just cant deal with how awesome that sounds!

Kisaya

I'm starting to think it would be a great idea for me :D Completely change how I look, move to a different country, and just start over entirely.

Aside from the plastic surgery, I'd want to do this myself, haha. Maybe not to a different country (unless I can afford it :3).

Mitsuho

Banned

LADIES~**~*~*

Welcome.

If I get a lot of plastic surgery someday then maybe I'll buy a dress. Lol.

I feel the same way about EGL. Not enough elegant and too much ugly. Modern can be pulled off by a board but even lots of ruffles can't bring presence where there isn't any. All my avatar community production (Menewsha and Gaia) tend to pink & white EGL though. Black too, but not as much.

Have you heard of bodyline? They have a shop in Harajuku, but you can also order online. I got most of my stuff from them.

http://www.bodyline.co.jp/ doesn't load for me. What's the url?
Edit: It's back up. Large catalog.

There are so many lovely dresses on that site! Thankyou thankyou thankyou~! I'm considering buying one of these ><
5becd8d2827707a195c69243a23068de.jpg
558001f75763874da5eaf5e43e270951.jpg
3d2ef53d611b8c8c917904e1eb3956a8.jpg

Good bye money...

I've decided that my boyfriend just has terrible taste in clothing too. You don't like it? Well I do.
Second and third one are best.

I go tomorrow :D
Tell her about your plans of surgery.

Let me tell you, you'd most likely end up looking bad.

Aside from the plastic surgery, I'd want to do this myself, haha. Maybe not to a different country (unless I can afford it :3).
I think doing this would be great. Not forever, but for a time.

Thats actually a different dress design, I remember you posted pictures of her in the girlfriend thread and I commented on how badly I wanted to get the black and white ones. The torso is designed and cut differently, but no less adorable. I have been tempted with the black one for a while now :(. I would warn her that the cherries on the white version may bleed, I've seen a tiny bit of it bleed from sweat on the one I have one. :( I wish I could work for Modcloth, but they are only hiring in Philly and Cali. Their perks sound so awesome (clothing exchange closer, reading club, scavenger hunts, you can bring your pet to work, free snack, gaming club) I just cant deal with how awesome that sounds!

Oh yeah that is a different cut....when we went shopping she tried on these halter top ones with a similar style but she hated them because they gave her "man shoulders" (of course we both laughed at the Mean Girls reference) but she really liked the cut of the dresses she chose.

Lissar

Reluctant Member
plastic-surgery-20.jpg

I'm not condemning all plastic surgery, but when the real problem is how you feel inside no plastic surgery in the world can help that.

Leeness

Tell her about your plans of surgery.

Let me tell you, you'd most likely end up looking bad.

I'm okay with that haha :D

Besides, it's just a fleeting dream. The kind of surgery I'd need to fix myself would be like...so much money I'll never have haha.

I'm not condemning all plastic surgery, but when the real problem is how you feel inside no plastic surgery in the world can help that.

I dunno, it can probably help! Haha. :)

Platy

2 juniors at once =O

Welcome !
See you even entered Real Pic January ! xD

LADIES~**~*~*

Welcome Mr !
Feel free to drop by the Transgaf to say hello

apricot

2 juniors at once =O

Welcome !
See you even entered Real Pic January ! xD

I actually've started to try to post more to get my junior status removed ^^;; I've been a member 5 or so months now but hardly ever post lol

And yeah! Just joining in the festivity

Welcome, new members :)

I'm starting to think it would be a great idea for me :D Completely change how I look, move to a different country, and just start over entirely.
Leeness, your repeated claims that there is something wrong with how you look is even more absurd during Real Pic January when we can see you right there.

Mitsuho

Banned

I've been told this feeling isn't always about body image. Are there any responsibilities that are weighing on you?

Not all of Lolita fashion is terrible, but the bubble gum pink trying to look like a child stuff is.

&#29976;&#12360;&#12364;&#36275;&#12426;&#12394;&#12356;&#65281; To me it's about a presentation that says I ask and allow myself to be taken care of.

mollipen

It's okay. We can just dress up in the most awesome pink and frilly Lolita dresses, and visit Femme's window in the middle of the night. She'll love it!

Mitsuho

Banned
Or, or, or we convince her that it's okay to like troubling and imperfect things - to give up some of that hard earned, rational adulthood for a day and don something pink and frilly too. Then, IDK, go to Leeness and steal her away to a carefree princess castle (or maybe just a convention or something).

Leeness

Leeness, your repeated claims that there is something wrong with how you look is even more absurd during Real Pic January when we can see you right there.

Haha okay okay, I'll shut my fat mouth. Sorry! <3 I know I said I'd put a filter on it but sometimes I can't help it.

srenity

Neo Member
I actually've started to try to post more to get my junior status removed ^^;; I've been a member 5 or so months now but hardly ever post lol

And yeah! Just joining in the festivity
Haha, I was just going to chime in to say the same thing! I've been a junior far too long and am going to try to post more often to finally become an official member.

Oh btw, I think it was back a month or two when this thread was talking about sockdreams.com? Yeaaaah... I have like 3-4 pairs of knee-high/thigh-high socks now ;D

Mr. Shankly

Neo Member
Really sweet lolita with frilly pink dresses and stuff is pretty fun though :) I like all sorts of styles and it's more like a form of expression for anyone that wants to dress up that way.

Also thanks for the link Platy :D I'll check it out.

Emitan

Haha, I was just going to chime in to say the same thing! I've been a junior far too long and am going to try to post more often to finally become an official member.

Oh btw, I think it was back a month or two when this thread was talking about sockdreams.com? Yeaaaah... I have like 3-4 pairs of knee-high/thigh-high socks now ;D

Sock Dreams is pretty much my favorite website. You can never have enough socks!

Haha okay okay, I'll shut my fat mouth. Sorry! <3 I know I said I'd put a filter on it but sometimes I can't help it.
It's okay ;-) We all love you, despite your stubborn refusal to see how cute you are! Maybe we should all chip in and buy Leeness a mirror, maybe that's the problem. Maybe you just really don't know.

Just biding my time, waiting for this Kickstarter to come through.

Leeness

It's okay ;-) We all love you, despite your stubborn refusal to see how cute you are! Maybe we should all chip in and buy Leeness a mirror, maybe that's the problem. Maybe you just really don't know.

I've got enough mirrors. I definitely need less in the house haha. Once I move out, I'm gonna even cover the bathroom one so they're all gone :D

If you lot want to infantilize yourselves so badly, be my guest.
Don't do that, forgive us. We don't know how to properly handle your mental illness. I can hardly handle my own.

Mr. Shankly

Neo Member
Hi girls!

Let's talk about makeup! What makeup brands and palettes do you guys use?

I'm just now getting into makeup and I'm overwhelmed. I have some girlfriends who are going to help me with makeup soon, though, and I honestly can't wait. I'm considering going with MAC due to their emphasis on ladies with my skin tone.

Also, I saw this cute red skirted coat at Macy's the other day. This isn't exactly it because I can't find it on the website, but it's really similar.

1346406503439410352.jpg

I'm not particularly sure what I should wear with it in terms of layers or pants, but I'm thinking of going with a flowing shirt with a ruffle collar and ruffled sleeves ala:

White_short_sleeve_ruffle_collar_shirt_top__86387.1301272084.1280.1280.jpg

I'll try to find the exact name of the coat later.

oooh! very nice ;u; I love that coat it's very eye catching and elegant. The outfit you're thinking of would look fabulous.

Also, in terms of make-up, i'm not too well informed on it. I want to use it more often though. Self-esteem issues suck basically lol. I use Mac though and it's great!

Top Bottom